9mm vs. .40

Can someone remind me why 9mm exists, again?

>weaker than .40 -- BUT you get 2 extra rounds in the magazine (you'll need both of them with the anemic round)
>hard enough recoiling that you can't make guns as small as you can in .380
>softer recoiling than .40 (for women shooters), but most 9mm guns are made out of lightweight plastic that pushes the limits of the round, so it ends up being about the same recoil as a gun designed for .40
>slightly lighter weight guns than comparable .40, but still not light enough to make them small and light enough to go into a pocket
>inadequate penetration through auto glass
>over a hundred years old, not modern
>was designed for a gun that will crack in half if you look at it wrong, so very, very weak recoiling round

But people love it, right? Why?

Attached: 9mm vs .40 sw.jpg (639x671, 130K)

Other urls found in this thread:

shootingthebull.net/blog/another-case-study-on-bullet-effectiveness/
info.publicintelligence.net/FBIAAROfficerShooting.pdf
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

> most 9mm guns are made out of lightweight plastic that pushes the limits of the round, so it ends up being about the same recoil as a gun designed for .40

Shoot a G17 and G22 back to back and tell me that they're close in recoil. Because it's not even close. G22 is snappy as fuck.

That’s a 10mm, no gunz retard

beretta 92

Your picture ays "9mm vs. 40 sw", but all I see is a fishhook.

>G22
>snappy as fuck
Want me to tell you how I know you've never shot one?

Also, try shooting a Glock 43 or 43X sometime and tell me they are not snappy.

shootingthebull.net/blog/another-case-study-on-bullet-effectiveness/
Man shot 22 times with .40 shortnweak
17 in center of mass
Nice bait, but .40 still sucks

>Also, try shooting a Glock 43 or 43X sometime and tell me they are not snappy.

How is that even relevant? We're discussing full-size duty handguns, not compact guns. Obviously smaller guns will kick harder.

This, you niggers. If he'd have been shot with 9mm, he would have died immediately, right?

>But people love it, right? Why?

Because not everyone is gay like you

You never owned either so what does your opinion matter?

I have owned both. I sold my last 9mm a few years ago and have only noticed the lingering cromagnons with curiosity. Hence, this thread.

Because it is cheapest, lowest common dominator round. People also think that mass capacity is very important (>15 rounds) when most encounters, police or otherwise, are done within four shots max.

Then why post a picture of 10mm instead of the 40sw you're so in love with?

More replies/bumps to the thread, obviously.

info.publicintelligence.net/FBIAAROfficerShooting.pdf
18 year old lanklet shot 17 times only put down after being hit with .223.
>5 rounds of .40shortnweak hit him in the chest and failed to penetrate more than 1”
Wow imagine carrying a round that penetrates less than 1” on an 18 year old lanklet faggit might aswell bend over and get fucked by tyrone

Or you're a nogunz fag which is definitely the case here

>live by the gun die by the gun
At least his tattoos weren't meaningless

So, what? This is like the child who points to a Chinese basketball player who is 8 feet tall, and claims that Chinese is the tallest race.

>We're discussing full-size duty handguns,
I am the OP and no we are not. Not only did I not make any references to "duty gun size," whatever the fuck that means, I made specific references to pocket size guns.
See: >make guns as small as you can in .380
>not light enough to make them small and light enough to go into a pocket

Glock 43 is plenty small to go in a pocket. The age old 40 vs 9 is so stupid. 9mm is over a hundred years old and still relevant while 40 is younger than my brother and is already becoming obsoulete in the gun world. The store I worked at was getting 40 trade-ins so frequently that they literally had to price them at give away prices and stop accepting them.

>and still relevant
Why? I posted a whole OP post about why it is NOT relevant. Do you want to bother responding to anything I said or just shitpost?

>will you respond to any of my baseless shitposting claims or just shit post yourself?
I gave you a response on literally 2 things you said about age and size. Please tell me more about these cracking frames.

>was designed for a gun that will crack in half if you look at it wrong, so very, very weak recoiling round

what gun are you referring to

What cracking frames?

i have a g27... my gfs family all shot it and they have no experience with guns. her mom is a 55 year old woman. they all did good with it. they didnt think it was much different than the glock19

>the stealth 9mm fag OP
might be enough newfags now to make this thread last for a cringe-inducing week

Attached: nice costume, fag.png (261x350, 77K)