SHTF

Let's say some big SHTF event kicks off. This is a thread based on the most plausible explanations, the immediate effects and how you would react.

>The big cities would try to band together and fail (L.A. NY, Chicago)
>Gunstores would run out of ammo.
>Smaller communities would stick together
>Many would starve in large cities

Attached: 1534315795791.png (1500x900, 2.28M)

Other urls found in this thread:

google.com/amp/s/amp.businessinsider.com/cdc-warns-drug-resistant-candida-auris-fungus-2016-11
cdc.gov/fungal/candida-auris/index.html
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

looks like someone has a bad case of Red Dawn syndrome

Thinking more of Zombies, but red dawn is a good one

In a total market collapse the Dollar will be useless. That's why I have accumulated hundreds of evengalion figmas to use as barter tool

I would like a career as a secret agent with trash bag disguise.

The only real SHTF situations are:
Yellowstone erupting (its overdue by like a thousand years); an antibiotic-proof disease or other type of affliction sweeping the nation; or (this one is localized) cities going under the water and law enforcement becoming ineffective after global warming reaches the highest point of the snowball affect.

There was a show called "get smart" back in the 70s. There was a character who was always in some wacky camouflage for some secret reason. I wanted to be him when I grew up.

Agent 13.

Attached: Agent 13.png (576x432, 283K)

I'm lucky they don't make a class president Figma. I fear I would give you all my spam and ammo

What am I missing Jow Forums?

Attached: SHTF.jpg (680x650, 173K)

>The big cities would try to band together and fail (L.A. NY, Chicago)
>most plausible explanations
That's not plausible at all you fucking idiot

Experience. Baby wipes>toilet paper for a number of reasons. And fuck hauling around that skillet.

Agreed and Agreed, Thx user

> Zombies

You have school tomorrow kiddo...

A girlfriend

Agent 13 was the first stalker.

Attached: stlk.png (1280x1024, 1.85M)

>it's over due by like thousand years

completely wrong, geologically speaking is going to happen now, as in within 100 years. It could happen tomorrow or in the 2100s

Zombies are cool, not likely but cool.

WRONG. Just buy one of these bad boys and eat a classy woodsman meal.

Attached: Capture.jpg (540x565, 31K)

Yeah that's perfect if you're a gnome

Thats like, 1 egg but still cool

You don't have a constant supply of eggs in the woods so like why bother

If shit kicks off it will happen in the Asian countries, India/Pakistan/China/Taiwan/Korea/Russia

You assume I won't bring a hen with me?

bet you won't faggot

Everybody knows zombies are just a code word for pavement apes.

Recked brah. Fuckin savage

>cities going under the water and law enforcement becoming ineffective after global warming reaches the highest point of the snowball affect.
Back to leftypol

No it isn't.

Optics. You're going to want to be able to get eyes on a location before you move in or around it.

I made the urban ghillie meme after finding those pictures on arfcom. I'm pleasantly surprised people saved it.

You haven’t heard about the anti viral resistant fungus that has popped up in recent weeks?
google.com/amp/s/amp.businessinsider.com/cdc-warns-drug-resistant-candida-auris-fungus-2016-11
We Last of Us now

Sorry about the old article here is the cdc record on it
cdc.gov/fungal/candida-auris/index.html

>antiviral resistant
>fungus
Well, yeah, I'd assume so. Because it's fungus. And not a virus. It's probably antibacterial resistant too. Because again. Fungus.

>babywipes god's wipe
agreed. not only do they wipe your ass, they clean your whole body and keep you from reeking if you cant get a shower for a week.

What I meant was drug resistant.

Plus they take up way less space than rolls of TP. You can slip the thin packs in any extra space in your gear

Attached: 1534315703873.png (1280x960, 2.84M)

Those trash bags absorb heat really well and do not breathe at all, dude gonna pass out after a little while in the sun

>not setting up a water cooling system for your urban ghillie suit
casul

Sidearm. Also i saved this a while back because it's almost mine exactly

>cant lay your own eggs

Not gonna make it user

good thing Jow Forums already has the mirror suit in the armory

A sidearm that uses the same round as your lever gat.

My nigger

You forgot about a Carrington event. Basically a fuck huge solar flare that acts as a continental/global EMP & fucks everything up.

There's a complex fan system in the spacious interiors powered by hidden solar panels

He also forgot about immigrant birthrates, don't tell me it's not shtf when >50% of the US in latin-american and whites are at about 30%

Time to buy a BFR 30-30...

Most likely scenarios are
>economic collapse
>balkanization of the US/EU
>martial law gone wrong

Regardless of which one, the immediate effects will be
>supply line collapse (no more stocked grocery stores or gun shops)
>absolute civic collapse (rolling blackouts, overloaded emergency services, and sanitation services halting)
>civilian upheaval (riots and looting in major cities, stand offs with police agencies, and local militias forming to protect smaller areas)
>failure of policing and military agencies (desertion, subterfuge, and corruption)

Travel would be extremely dangerous with both former policing bodies and banditry harassing travellers. The cities would become absolutely warzones with violence erupting in the streets and mass chaos starting due to panicking civilian and the inevitable power grabs. The government would almost immediately lose control as the policing agencies and national guard lost their hold on the situation and began to splinter. Desperation would quickly become the prime motivator in the vast majority of the population and those who were prepared would hunker down and do whatever it takes to protect what they have.

Think the Siege of Sarajevo on fucking steroids and PCP. The amount of paranoia and hatred in the average westerner is at a perilous high. Any chance to safely and calmly make it through any such event is laughably, infinitismally small. It would become a shitshow almost instantly. Hundreds of thousands, if not millions will die of starvation, dehydration, and disease, let alone the actual violence that would unfold.

Mostest plausible scenarios
Most to least likely
-crop failures due to floods followed by blight and rot disease.

-localized disasters in rapid succesion, we are all Puerto Rico now but with less paper towels.
-crazy one in a million years thing that straight up kills us all. We may get ten years of mad max at most.
-Alien invasion
-Economic collapse
-civil war
-wwz
-water world
-all of the others

>1984
>not likely

Earthquake in Alaska fucks up Anchorage enough to the point supplies can't get through triggering mass starvation or an earthquake fucks up Washington and triggers a Washington refugee crisis or an earthquake fucks up San Francisco again and we get San Francisco refugees I fucking hate earthquakes and wanna punch stupid earth fault

If anything gets Washington it will be Mt Rainier popping off AKA Mt St Helens 2: Erupting Boogaloo. Mt Rainier is a lot closer to civilization than Mt St Helens. Mt Rainier going off would likely fuck up Tacoma, Puyallup, Federal Way, JBLM, Auburn, Kent, and Renton.

What's even more unsettling about an EMP scenario is the global supply of capacitors is much smaller than demand. Any sort of large scale construction project waits atleast 6-12mo to get all the capacitors it needs.

Attached: 220px-John_Denver_1974.jpg (220x283, 21K)

Or just buy a lever in 45LC and carry a SAA in the same. Run out of smokeless you could still run BP through the SAA

EU balkanization any day now. Italy and Greaze bankrupting themselves, Ukraine elected a jew comedian, Germany is overrun, France is having open armed rebellion. UK laffin while also failing to extricate itself from the whirlpool

>no one would be willing to invest in increasing production capacity in the event of a significant change in demand

Okay.

correct
incorrect

>water world
It’s good that somebody remembers that masterpiece

WRONG
1984 goes like 2nd or 3rd with shitskins getting froggy @ #1

flux capacitors?

I think 5.56 or .308 work better as a barter tool. One way trading is the way to go in SHTF

Attached: 447kr8xbdlh11.gif (270x188, 1.78M)

Not if the future market outcome is similar to what it is currently. You don't develop a giant forever infrastructure for a 5 year problem. That's what you call a money sink. Plus low supply high demand raises prices. I think reasonably any sort of mobilization in capacitor manufacturing in the event of an EMP would be underwhelming. That's business baby.

stock up on everything.22
really, .22 would reign supreme in the long run.

>suppressed .22 = stealth
>most game can be downed by .22
>guns are cheap
>ammo is cheap
>light weight, can carry more

Attached: 1550218080818s.jpg (243x250, 11K)

Pretty much every world power and their armed forces have contingencies set up and measures that they will take to deal with the shit we're going to experience with climate change.

Pretty much the only places where people are still arguing about it are western legislative bodies because they're useless political shits.

You would need a non retarded well organized hegemony. All you have right now is populist trolls and literal t.v personalities assuming power.
Idiocracy seems more plausible atm desu senpai

Attached: Ghetto Ghuillie Suit.png (1320x558, 924K)

Neither happen in a vacuum. If the EU collapses, it will likely mean the end of the US as well. It wouldn't be as immediate as the inverse, but European balkanization means power grabs by Russia and China. It would cause a second Cold War followed by a massive economic depression due to a collapse of everything but the Military Industrial Complex. Then it all comes back to my original post.

he is agreeing with you, mong
but that shit has been calming down in recent months, I doubt that anything will happen with it

>second cold war
No the fuck it wouldn't be. It would be a 5 minute hot war with russia before they're economy shits the bed and then the Chinese moving to conquer Africa for resources while the US is busy cleaning up a massive firebomb of a conflict in EU land

>France is having open armed rebellion
Nah, not yet. Civil war won't happen for a while, and even if it does, the result will probably be "Macron wins, nothing to see here except far-right facists lying in puddles of blood. What do you mean there were EU-backed troops along with the french ? Nonsense ! Back to the concentration camp with you."

Are we not watching the same yellow jackets? And that literally cannot happen in the modern day without knocking out the internet and causing a mass international incident

>garbage bag
>not 130k synth-trash nanosilk in urban refuse pattern camo.

Attached: 1493610511192.jpg (351x329, 16K)

Get in the loop, bro.

We are I suppose, since I'm seeing both the french media's depiction of the yellow jackets (I'm french, in fact), and the international coverage that I can find translated in english. There were no armed riotters, but there were indeed cars set ablaze and stores looted and promptly set ablaze thereafter.
>that literally cannot happen in the modern day
I think it can. Actually there were policemen sent by the EU as a whole to help multiple times throughout the weeks. It's not that far-fetched to imagine a EU-backed force trying to fight back an "extremist far-right faction". If the rebels are painted in such a bad light that it would be morally reprehensible to the general public to help them, then they won't receive any (official) help.

Don't even need the suppressor. I run a break open single shot 22 with cci quiet and you can not hear it in most circumstances as long as the barrel is decent length.