What Sci Fi military was the best?

What Sci Fi military was the best?

Attached: 060CB399-C6F8-4A29-AA65-A18EE67295B8.jpg (1024x768, 580K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/XXSx1u_HzRU
m.youtube.com/watch?v=LyZv4EghX_I
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Attached: _star_trek__terran_empire_flag.jpg (1920x1080, 191K)

Clone troopers did almost entirely eradicate a legion of space ninja wizard knights

Terran Federation Mobile Infantry

Attached: Pathfinder.png (593x730, 633K)

A bunch of Star Wars militaries were cool. So is Battletech.

I dunno about the best, but the Clans are the most Jow Forums. I'm gonna go with the Clans from Battletech.

and look at them now

Attached: gww2ivou5sz01.gif (268x160, 2.99M)

Attached: 21BE5901-44B0-4ED6-993F-853D7C6CD320.jpg (1238x1920, 518K)

Those are not clone troopers. They may have been all dead by that point mostly, they had an age limit of 55.

Unironically the UNSC. They were up against an overwhelming force with superior technology and they were still able to operate, control strategic points and adapt to their enemy. They were Victor's because of circumstances but the fact that they were able to slow and at some points stop the enemy makes them the most competent fighting force in sci fi

Attached: unsc-542x305-33997a9b1cc54b2294c7dc6ddc6701b9.png (542x542, 45K)

>My legs are OK
>You gain Brozouf
>You gain Brozouf
>You gain Brozouf

so dead, they're black now

The Clone Army
>cloned from the selected perfect specimen
>loyal (mostly, like 2 known deserters) to their government, always follow orders even if it meant killing jedi generals
>special forces, like null class ARC troopers, were almost one man armies
>outsmarted walking computers and committed mass genocide on the retarded walking computers
>only took 3 years to mostly reclaim an entire fucking galaxy while resources being stretched thinner than an anemic blood

Attached: 08a6c13c0f02736a9d14e898464fb757.jpg (1122x631, 178K)

Do the Astartes count?

Attached: b6cea48762622a3358b7fa0b8298a290.jpg (1536x2048, 432K)

This.
You can't discredit the Imperial Roman army because the modern Italian military sucks. Or Napoleon & the French or the Royal Navy under Nelson, etc

this is, like, The Dark Knight-level choreography

Usually its some 40k or Star wars shit, cause both of those settings allow "not magic" in the force or psykers. The UNSC was cool for keeping most of their stuff based in pseudo science,the Federation in starship troopers had some pretty crazy stuff in universe too.

I mean Vader WAS in command of the 501st for a while. But that was just during the beginning.

The Lensmen, and the Green Lanterns(who are heavily inspired by aforementioned lensmen).

>Mobile Infantry (book not movie)
>Ghost Brigades (Old Mans War)
>Hammer’s Slammers

For you.

Everything great about the US military BUT with co-ed showers. Fuck ya.

Attached: original-44112902_10155971338918786_4808026604368297984_n.jpg (960x540, 100K)

Imperial Guard all the way

Attached: 5de85b32cf836454fdff12f436b42e30.jpg (600x518, 52K)

I quite admire the Turians.

This is the correct answer

>imperial anything
>the best

The Imperium is all the shittiest things about humanity throughout all of recorded history:The Faction. The setting is supposed to be satire, for fuck's sake.

I actually like the Primaris until the heavier units like the Aggressors or the Inceptors which look like garbage to me.

I just want slightly bulkier and more futuristic looking terminators and shit. Why did they have to give them retarded belly guts and fucking feet skis. Jesus.

Woke

Attached: odst_missionart_cf-a585e8ff09eb4367a2c9b5bfa9fa9171.jpg (900x597, 114K)

To be fair with 40k, psykers are mostly magic telephones and the few battle psykers that exist are extremely rare and treated more like a walking bomb of straight nitro by everyone around them. Unlike with jedi, troopers in 40k would prefer to NOT have psykers anywhere on the fucking planet much less in the next trench. Grunt nicknames for them like "lightning rod" exist for a reason.

Pastiche, not satire. It borrows from some satirical works but outside of Thraka their isn't really much satire of its own.

>Cadians, Catachan, Elysians, Valhalans, Steel Legion, Kreig, Scions
Absolutely Yes
>Pretty much everyone else
Literally just cannon fodder to be cut down by chaos, orks, or whoever the invader of the week is until the spess mehreens arive.
The IG is such a mixed bag and more often than not is complete shit but when they aren't garbage they are as good as it gets.

Attached: 1f002fe9c7e17d5de9a0fc3ec4a44e82.jpg (300x429, 29K)

The UNSC managed to hold off a genocidal alien hegemony over a period of 25+ years at a cost of billions of lives and hundreds of worlds. Absolutely based.

Attached: feet first into hell.webm (720x405, 2.93M)

Attached: 1546928926670.png (572x434, 9K)

Attached: 55F57E97-E33C-4700-A460-4C1193D07FFF.gif (445x250, 713K)

I think GDI is pretty fucking awesome on my opinion.
>Start as the military union between USA and Europe to contain terrorism after the end of the soviet genocyde
>fight against a terror cult that controls more than half of the world economy thanks to Tiberium
>said tiberium is also spreading quickly all over north africa and italy
>defeat the brotherhood after so many loses and manage to rebuild some lost cities after they discovered tiberium is deadly to not only humans but all living things on the planet
>develop mec technology to fight the brotherhood again
>HUMANvsMACHINE war all over the world thanks to CABAL going rogue turning human bodies into cyborgs for world domination
>become the last global super power because tiberium already took all over the world not even sonic tech can stop it anymore+constant NOD raids on tiberian fields
>Motherfucking aliens invade destroying the last safe zones in europe and spread tiberium all over italy to build giant super towers to move the rest of the invader army into the planet
>manage to defeat the alien invasion and destroy most of the super towers because NOD managed to protect 2 towers

How can you not like GDI is beyond me, these guys fought against many things and are still alive and kicking even if 85% of the world became a deadly neon stone

Attached: ORCA FAMILY.jpg (640x600, 68K)

>Clone troopers

Attached: 1519012013397.png (1080x1216, 666K)

why is the title odst?

That red dude, closest on the left.

Just swinging his stick above lady-jedi's head.

Guess he just wanted to feel included in the fight

If the UNSC kept losing, then doesn't that mean the Covenant was the best scifi military?

This

>mechs
>in halo
god 343 is stupid af

No because they were incompetent with the level of tech and numerical advantage they had. Only the elites were good (which the covenant knew but they fucked that up) see

Check it out.
Independently targeting particle-beam phalanx. WHAP!
Fry half a city with this puppy.
We got tactical smart missiles, phased-plasma pulse rifles, RPGs.
We got sonic, electronic ball-breakers!
We got nukes, we got knives, sharp sticks...

Attached: aliens-colonial-marines1.png (1920x1080, 3.32M)

GDI gets no love. They’re pretty underrated

And they still got their asses kicked

Attached: 1550690030255.jpg (2220x1080, 537K)

I think this is also because the UNSC is one of the better-developed SciFi militaries, at least in gaming. You get a pretty good perspective on how most of it is run, from infantry to capital ships.

Mobile Infantry always seemed to be lacking in terms of fire support. I know the suits are supposed to make up for it, but I’d still want air support and tanks if I were invading a planet.

cyclopes were a part of halo before 343i

Yes but it inst fair to all these other deamonless pussy sci-fi universe plus custodians is the only correct answer

Attached: 55cc38fa61edb6f1ee83d55182f91499788b482br1-1480-641v2_00.jpg (512x221, 42K)

True its definitely structured in the story better than most.

Hey, no shittalking my Tanith bois.
Sure, it's just one regiment, with no hopes of reinforcing, but they do count!

Revan's empire.

Attached: revanmalak.jpg (1280x682, 218K)

The book was written when the concept of air support was in its infancy so you can't really blame Heinlan for that.

>space faring civilization
>Air support infancy
Wut

air support was a thing for a while before the book was written

Not in the sense of todays version of "call the closest bomber and direct the attack at a few idiots between rocks so you don't risk your life and look bad on stadistics"

Back then, if you had air support was more of stopping armored columns that are still 10 km from your position but will wreck your shit up if they get close

Also, even if it was a space faring civ, the perception that a space navy is a wet navy and a planet one giant beach meant that the fleet was there only to support beacheads and for the logistics of both air and land forces.

European Union Army.

Attached: 51KlT8h8DGL.jpg (354x500, 48K)

>Their loyalty depended on who first used the contingency key-word to instantly flip their loyalty (Orders 65 and 66)
>The specimen was perfect because of his training and experience. Clones just inherited his physique.
>Even those small one man armies got rekt by the superior numbers of droids.
>despite genocide level kill scores still outnumbered and overwhelemed
>dies off in few years after entering service.
>all originate from single planet that can be invaded, nuked or blockaded and cannot be replaced.
>their funding caused a destabilisation of Republic banking system.
>They are still human beings which limits their operational capibilities and puts extra strain on logistics.

Still BTFO by the droids.

Star League Defense Force

Attached: star_league_defense_force_warhammer_by_viereth_d93z8mz-pre.png (894x894, 585K)

>HALO WARS
was for a need of the game. didn't fit with lore.

Lunar Army. Still Can't believe they defeated America.

Attached: 1554700849267.jpg (1024x640, 82K)

Also,
If it is just military power and not political decisions, it would probably be the Clans. Maybe clan ghost bear or wolf. Better equipment, soldiers, and training. Don't forget the elementals. Those guys are fucking wicked.
Plus the lore behind clans is really well written.

Attached: what_s_in_the_box_by_spooky777-d8344em.jpg (3840x2160, 3.39M)

fucking gross, 40kids need to be rounded up and shot

Capellian confederation and the clans.

Attached: images (1).jpg (191x194, 7K)

>Crazed in-bred nazi furry-cultists constantly in tribal wars with each other
>They even lose the war because of the infighting

Stronk and really well written indeed.

Attached: 1534448616838.jpg (346x297, 32K)

How about a one man army?

Attached: FB_IMG_15477206672400080.jpg (320x320, 89K)

But tbf, there is only one real answer here.

Attached: images(7).jpg (345x146, 11K)

Markiii mjolnir was a mech suit design and through the lore developed into the cyclops and the mantis.

That and Yggdrasil power suits have been in lore since 2010

I do fucking hate the cyclops design tho.
Yggdrasil has an a e s t h e t i c going on that i like.

Attached: Screenshot_20190422-071858_Chrome.jpg (1439x1892, 655K)

Terran empire before Discovery ruin it.

Do they have to be humans? Because (even though they are dirty space commies) the Tau Empire does some next level shit.

The book literally as a part about where johnny is talking to a navy guy who says they should just get rid of the M.I. and just only have bombers etc.
He makes the point that air support can't be "boots on the ground"
Read the fucking book.

Yes it does fit with the lore

Attached: 064B098D-13BD-443F-A1C4-3AEE63CE5438.jpg (720x688, 58K)

>Designs a mech where firing all of it's weapons at once kills it so that it can keep fighting after it has lost a bunch of it's armaments
QRD?

Attached: u4umcow6l2jy.gif (380x380, 1.18M)

That's one of the ways in which Battletech really shows the strength of mechs over other armoured vehicles.
Every battlemech has massively redundant wiring to the point that they still have control over their limbs even when they're literally hanging by a wire.
They're also bio-mimetic with artificial muscles between their endo and exoskeletons, so badly damaged mechs can still be shambling around like zombies firing that one small laser the Mechwarrior had installed because they had half a ton of unused weight.
A tank presents a much smaller target and for the same weight can have thicker armour, but all of its vitals are clustered together inside that armoured shell, so the first shot to make it through can be immediately lethal.

30K Imperium of Man

Watch yourself, Mon-Keigh

Attached: Classic guardian.jpg (535x304, 81K)

Most UNSC losses were due to space superiority. Ground fights were much more even.

And when the enemy fucking cheats using an ancient fleet of precursor technology they didn't even build, with weapons of unimaginable power, and starts glassing the surface of any planet they don't want to fight over, and you STILL hold them off using only your own wits and the things you made yourselves, you have to be doing something right.

this, battlemechs are ablatively large enoguh not to just get crushed like a can by a 155 shell, and the myomer bundle "muscles" transmit all the elctrical signals

Based and Emperorpilled

Discovery isn't Star Trek. It's shitty legitimized fanfiction.

Even the elites didn’t like engaging humans on the ground because we wouldn’t budge. Hell they wanted us to be in the covenant

>ywn get into a ritualistic knife fight with some xeno scum

Attached: 81MlgoowULL[1].jpg (1280x2059, 294K)

>GDIshills

Attached: nod.jpg (225x225, 7K)

Fucking cawl and his abominations

Yes.
There shouldn't even be anything other than Asians and Caucasians in the Star Trek Universe do to the Eugenics Wars.

>everyone is hot
>literal fascistic utopia
>Michael Ironside gets to be ur marine dad
>Niel Patrick Harris is ur bf
>telepathy
>and coed showers
Ofc I second this.

Attached: 1-e1488455893690-ehs4q1d.jpg (750x414, 56K)

Sort off. In many ways, Astartes are a wish list of everything you'd want in heavy infantry. Bolters work damned near everywhere, biology can take just about anything short of anti-tank weapons, training is excessive even by spartan standards.

However, their ideology would be detrimental in any universe without the corrupting influence of the Warp. Too stiff, tends to look down on allies, and tends to murder potential allies.

Also, CAMOUFLAGE! What part of See But Don't Be Seen do you not understand Initiate?

UNSC didn't quite keep "losing" it was more like the Covenant would just say "fuck it" and glass a planet when they met stiff resistance on the ground

>facist
bait

mechs are stupid as fuck
youtu.be/XXSx1u_HzRU

It's pointless user. Every liberal thought SST was fascist when it was released and the myth stays to this day

Kind of a reverse scorched earth tactic. Still denying assets to the enemy but not being able to do it yourself.

Also, Myomer excuses why they exist pretty well. It's ridiculously fucking powerful, but only works in organic designs since it's artificial muscle and produces immense amounts of waste heat. It both needs limbs, and large amounts of surface area to function, thus excluding tanks from using it, and allowing mechs to mount significantly larger numbers of armaments and total armor without sinking into the ground.

And while it's not modeled in most games, the mech's gyro is wired directly to the pilot's sense of balance, which allows them to move a lot like a real person would. They're capable of climbing, running, jumping and going prone.

Mammoth tanks are the master race.

>Mfw 2 stealth tanks can pop a mammoth no problem

Attached: 1549414834037.jpg (390x369, 46K)

The moon's inhabitants once fought a "war" against the humans of Earth, beginning when the astronauts of the Apollo program placed a flag on the moon (thus declaring it to be 'theirs'); however, although the Lunarians had mobilized for war and refer to the incident as the "Lunar War"[18], no known direct fighting took place. Instead, the lunarians sabotaged the humans' attempts to establish a foothold on the Moon and their "invasion" was ultimately unsuccessful.[19][20] In the end, a project named after the sun (Apollo), which was the opposite of the Moon, was doomed to never reach the Moon Capital.[21] Most humans of the Outside World are unaware of this failure, as those who are aware didn't report about it, presumably to keep spirits up and morale high.[22] However, an escalation occurred a few decades later when humans attempted to build colonies on the moon via the Chang'e program which, being named after an actual prisoner on the moon, was much more threatening.[23] The results are unknown.

Ripped straight from the Touhou Wiki

Were doing a fine job right up until contrived plot BS

Attached: RDA SecOps.jpg (508x284, 26K)

m.youtube.com/watch?v=LyZv4EghX_I

that was a halo wars clip