Fudd guns

Can’t choose between a marlin 336SS, Ruger 77/357 or a single shot 45-70 for my go to 150 yard deer and bear rifle (45-70 ammo is prohibitively expensive but the marlin seems like a bitch to clean and has shoddy QC, Ruger just looks like fun but I can’t hunt bear with it and it doesn’t seem accurate)

I’m having my LGS order one and only one tomorrow. Help me Jow Forums

Attached: 9CD6985F-2463-403E-89CE-E86CA9BF69B2.jpg (1953x1125, 1.06M)

>bear country
>single shot
Hmmm

I’m not in bear country really, there’s just a berry patch I’ve found with black bear tracks/scat that I want to hunt in.

Black bears aren’t grizzlies

How is this even a question? Marlin 336. Good round, magazine capacity, quick action, and levyboi's are fun as fuck. Also pretty sure the bolt just slides out the back and can be cleaned easily. As for QC, get an old JM stamped one or a relatively new one (last couple years)

357 mag is gonna disappoint you as a big game cartridge user

I was going for a brand new one.

I just don’t want it to basically be a lever action rustington

I think you’d be alot better equipped with a regular model 77 in like .243

The most common hunting rifle setup in the US is a standard lengthbolt gun topped with a 3x9. This is because this setup is ideal for big game hunting.

Attached: 88A0285D-E67D-45E8-80CE-F6C4D2820101.jpg (1024x682, 791K)

buy a Henry in not 45-70

I like stainless and iron sights tho (all these rifles really appeal to me in a way) plus the clearing I’m hunting in is maybe 100 yards across.

I’m coming from being a bow hunter.

I want ideally the most rugged rust resistant rifle possible since I’m in a coastal humid environment that eats non stainless guns. Idk if a Henry is the right choice.

marlin makes stainless

get the 45-70 and cast your own ammo, factory ammo is loaded to bitch spec so boomers dont turn century old guns into ieds, 405 grain hard cast are the tits with the right mold (you want the biggest meplat you can get, none of that roundnose junk

This, 30-30 dunks on .357 quite hard

I know marlin makes stainless which is why I’m considering one

I really don’t have the time money or patience to reload and cast. I’m totally fine with shooting a cartridge that’s loaded to black powder specs, sounds fun.

Are you hunting in the pacific northwest?

Attached: BDF539BB-48FA-456E-A635-6C78DFE7FCAE.jpg (3662x2744, 3.35M)

Get a Ruger No.1 in .458 Winmag off armslist, saw one there for $600 a few weeks ago.

Yeah, why?

I’m not gonna go that far into the fudd dimension. If I got a Ruger number 1 I’d want one in a common caliber. Hell im looking at single shot Thompson slug guns to make sure I can find ammo for my hunting gun.

Nice ive hunted blacktails and bears in northern CA my whole life

You should look at a blr 81

Thats a real rifle for lurking in the firs

They also come in calibers that will bust up those bears

Attached: 891BB4CE-39BC-45A2-8485-0207D8A33248.jpg (512x384, 36K)

I’m in Oregon. Thank god I stumbled across this berry patch

guns cant be fudd only people

Wtf what armslist

what if he just means black bear?
Deer and black bear it should have no trouble sending at least a 0.357" hole through the vital organs.

Where at fellow Oregunner?

Living in Eugene hunting in cottage grove

So are new marlins any good? How hard are they to clean?

Also is 45-70 worth the money? If I’m skipping out on a scope because I’ve been hit in the eye while shooting 30-06 and flinch when using them, is an iron sighted 45-70 a decent choice or should I just get one with a really short scope with long eye relief?

I like the 336