Guys, I'm new to buying guns and I just wanna buy one for self defense - SO I WILL ASK AN AGE OLD QUESTION

Guys, I'm new to buying guns and I just wanna buy one for self defense - SO I WILL ASK AN AGE OLD QUESTION.

Sig or Glock?

Does SIG justify the higher price tag?

Attached: sigvsglock-seals.jpg (684x384, 93K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/W8Oz6krEH_I
youtu.be/9tZAfmejXCQ
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Glock if you are going striker fired, don’t bother with the non dropsafe drop320

I'd take a Glock over a modern production Sig, but neither is particularly interesting or noteworthy.

Any oldfags notice that certain people (glock and hk fags) have become incredibly bitter about sig ever since they won the army contract? Yes the 320 and 365 had serious issues on release, but now people are shitting on classic designs as well.

What do you recommend then?

I have the glock 17, 19, and Sig p320.

P320 is more comfortable, but has markedly higher bore height. It's even more pronounced if you're already used to a glock, or similar.

Grip angles of all 3 are different. You should go to a gun store and try them all. Point them (in a safe direction) with your eyes closed, and see where the front sight wound up. High? Low? About right?

I prefer the g17 but I've also shot with it for years before getting the sig.

Sig mags twice as expensive as glock, and less aftermarket.

So why all the hype with SIGS?

I was also recommended CZ series pistols... Are they any good?

Get a ruger p89, its perfect, affordable, sleek, and lightweight. It also functions as a club and bowling ball if needed.

Sig is fine.
Glock is fine.
Nothing really matters.

I have a sig m11a1, which has no rail. I want a pistol light on it for night walks now that it's getting warm again. Do I have any legit options, or do I need a pistol with a rail?

this, qc has gone down on sig for what you pay for
not him but glock, m&p, hk, Beretta, cz, lionheart come to mind

For my money, there is too little slide area on CZ pistols (the "famous" ones/75 variants). Try one compared to a glock and you'll see what I mean. Racking the slide of a glock can be done with a big meaty fist - it's just a hunk of square tube steel. You'll rip your palm off on the safety of a 75 trying to do that with a cz.

I think most of the love for Sig is for the older all steel pistols (p226, p229 etc) - but like most steel autos they've mostly fallen out of favour due to weight and cost. Everyone goes polymer autos now, and for good reason if it's for a duty pistol.

If you're after a range gun, get whatever floats your boat regardless of practicality. E.g. I also have a 9mm 1911 government, a keltec pmr, etc. Duty first, fun second.

My 2c

I still want a M11-A1, only because of green. My E2 229R wins though, it has a rail and I installed the short reset trigger, making it a better functioning option. I say you need a rail, if only to keep your other hand free from having to do anything like holding a flashlight. One less thing to worry about should the time to act arise.

I have owned or shot almost ever gun on this chart, or a variant thereof. When you get comfortable with using Armslist, it's easy to buy a gun to try it out, then sell or trade it for another to try it out, and end up having owned a large number of guns over a short period of time. You get a little more time with the gun than if you just rent it at a range for 1 hour. DESU, I would recommend that you do exactly what I did to learn about what different guns can do or can't do, and what you like. It takes time and energy, but IMO, it's worth it.

If you just want the short answer, I only own a few (centerfire) handguns anymore: a Glock 23, Glock 42, North American Arms Guardian .32, North American Arms Black Widow .22 WMR and North American Arms Mini .22lr with holster grip. The only reason I own so many NAA's is more because they are so cheap and I'm hesitant to sell them, knowing that they'd probably end up in the hands of some gang-banger. The NAA's also are not super high quality, but they fill the micro-gun niche better than any other brand - the Ruger LCP is good too, but doesn't check as many boxes for me as the Guardian .32.

If I were to buy another handgun tomorrow, I would only buy Glocks going forward. They are like the iPhone of guns. They "just work." The ergonomics of the grip may not feel like you are grabbing a dick, but if you don't mind thinking of a gun as a non-homosexual object, there are no objective problems with the ergonomics, and there's a lot of good to be said. The grip angle promotes wrist stability, the slide release is easy to reach but not easy to accidentally activate, the trigger isn't too far or too close and doesn't travel too far. They balance almost perfectly and the recoil hits linearly so they are easy to master. The stock plastic sights are the only real flaw (they work, but the white outlines are misleading in a bad way), but you can buy them from the factory with Glock Night Sights for a very modest premium.

Attached: 1411797421633 (1).jpg (2500x2267, 1.47M)

>Grip angles of all 3 are different. You should go to a gun store and try them all. Point them (in a safe direction) with your eyes closed, and see where the front sight wound up. High? Low? About right?
This is a subjective exercise in pointlessness (pun intended). The gun doesn't "point." It's an inanimate object. Your hand will point exactly how you have trained your hand to point with a gun in it. Train with a G17 and you will point a G17 naturally. Train with a P320 and you will point a P320 naturally.

Not him but one will feel more right on first grasp though.
tbf, glock didnt start that way for me but rentals showed it was the fastest I could accurately dump 5 rounds at a time with.

What matters most is how much you shoot it and how good you are with it. Literally everything else is personal preference.

If you get a Glock, you’ll likely have to train more to adjust to their steeper grip angle and you WILL want to replace their garbage stock sights for some decent night sights. Accessories are cheap and plentiful. Trigger is okay.

If you go with a Sig, you’ll be paying more regardless if it’s an older steel framed model or the new P320 line. Bore axis is higher which translates to more felt/perceived muzzle flip but also it’s a 9mm and Jow Forums is full of weak faggots who think that 9mm recoil is hard to control. Unlike most of Jow Forums I have shot and own something in the p320 line so I care more about actual performance than I do about internet fad shit. P320s are cool because you can swap out frame modules and change the size of the pistol. I think that the P320 has a better trigger than the Glock and I’m used to a more traditional, shallower grip angle so it points very naturally for me.

Try them out at a gun store, rent them at a range, see which one you like best. Then get it and shoot the ever loving hell out of it until you can actually hit what you’re aiming at. Pistol shooting is hard and takes a lot of practice

Feel them first. Glocks feel just ok in my hand but I shoot them very well, and the P320 feels pretty comfy for me. I absolutely despise the way the P226 feels in my hand. Cannot get over how disappointed I was when I handled one.

I rented a G19 gen5 last saturday, at the gun range. I couldnt believe how loose the tollerance was. It was rattling and beyond filthy. I speculate 5k rounds went through it.
Still worked and no malfunction at all. Shot straight as can be. So Glock would likely be more reliable then sig

Sig pistols are quite a bit more complex, have more parts in em in installed in areas hard to install them in. Build a Glock then build a classic sig. It's obvious why Glock is cheaper. You can hire Africans to build it, sig has to hire better labor from somewhere like India

I have the short reset trigger as well. That was the main selling point for me.

Do you know if there is a pistol light that attaches to the trigger guard? I've seen some for subcompacts. I didn't know if they made anything for bigger pistols. I haven't seen anything in my internet searches.

>classic designs

Yeah like the MCX?
Or MPX?
Or the P938?
Or the P238?
Or 556 series?

Nu-Sig's fuckups go back much farther than the P320 debacle.

My dad has a G19, usually shoots pretty well, everything on the paper, but not the best groups. Last time I got him to the range we rented a SIG P226. His first shot was a bullseye, with the rest of the shots either touching or within an inch. I'm not saying the gun is better, but try both and buy they one you shoot better with.

If it's just for SD go for Glock, there's no need to look further. You might eventually want to change your sights but it's not really needed. Buy a couple spare mags. Keep the gun loaded at all times. Once you find a decent holster for it you should keep a round in the chamber too. If you wanna carry it take the g19 however it it'll be mainly for HD take the g17 (even if it'll be less practical you will still be able to CC it if needed).

Elaborate.

I'm also in the market for a pistol
Sig p320 or glock 19?
This will be for innawoods plinking and range

I would get a Glock personally, that's coming from someone who doesn't own one and just bought an M17 (I got a good deal for it + the mail-in rebates going on with SIG atm). I like the way Glocks feel in hand, the grip angle and low bore axis combination helps manage muzzle flip very well and although the trigger doesnt feel nice when fingerfucking, it does the job extremely well. My only gripe with Glocks is the mushy mag release isn't tactile whatsoever and they come with plastic sights, which is easily mitigated. Mags are hell of a lot cheaper than Sig as well.

I haven't seen one that impressed me at all. Trigger guard mounted lights always come loose and usually make things clunkier, I think they suck, but if you eventually find one that works for you then more power to your cause. I always have at least one pistol with a rail, you never know when you want or need one.

>don’t bother with the non dropsafe drop320

Attached: 1513212555946.png (235x290, 104K)

Neither. Buy CZ or Beretta.

Spotted the coping p320 owner

>If I were to buy another handgun tomorrow, I would only buy Glocks going forward.
lol

We got the contract, our renaissance has begun. Stay mad blockheads.

Seconded.

Attached: Beretta 92 Vertec Inox.png (840x560, 264K)

No, nu-sig is pajeet parts and spotty qc at best.

Glock is ugly but it works, mags are cheap af, trigger is decent and they'll eat anything.

Now there are many other decent options. CZ, beretta, s&w, canik, steyr. They all make good guns.

Current year sigs ain't worth the price

Shut up nihilist

Try to contain your salt.

Attached: fd6.jpg (979x1200, 138K)

Sig is easiest to take apart and clean
So it's got that going for it

Just bought an M17 for 510 bucks and plan on getting 3 21-round mags for free with the mail in rebate. I wouldn't call that overpriced

One will point more naturally, according to how your hand points, and then you're not starting on the back foot.

glock over current sig production, but go and shoot them. see how they feel in your hand. that is what matters.

don't get caught up in the cost or cost of mags or that shit. if you can't afford a good weapon, get the money. be a man.

i have a number of glocks but am not a glock fanboy.....actually have a lot of hks which i tend to use. but will tell you that glocks are reliable as they say and super easy to shoot well. almost like cheating

Just about all polymer frame striker fired handguns from reputable companies are of near equal quality. The Glock is better here purely from a price point.

Sigs are not worth the price tag.
If a new 226 was $550, then maybe after I bought a glock or two I'd get a sig.

CZs are beyond trash.
They became a Jow Forums meme like 10ish years ago when a brand new 75 cost $250.
For $250 a CZ isn't the worst, and so a lot of broke oldfags bought them after they picked up a sub $100 nugget. And then you had people spam praises for them for years after CZ tripled their price. But they aren't good, a decade ago they were basically a slightly better highpoint, if anything their quality has gone down since, but their price has drastically gone up.

People have been shitting on Sig since Cohen took over after ruining kimber. Both companies are recovering from that but Sig is still feeling the effects. The 556 line for example, the were parts guns that modern Sig just had to supply a few parts for an assemble. They went with an unreinforced aluminum lower on the 556R which uses AK mag. They used a shitty telescoping stock, left out sights, slapped on I'll fitted rattling rails etc. The quality of the P series fell off, their cs was ass etc. Then the bullshit over the Sig brace

Oh, and the modern P210 is legit not even as nice as surplus guns

This is stupidly false

CZ

They aren't trash, they just got popular enough to price themselves with the rest of the market instead of desperately cheap.

Their machine marks and finish quality is kinda shit for the price range though

Not that guy but what he's saying is mostly true. CZ got their start here selling extremely affordable steel double stacks, but their price went up as cz expanded their product line. Now there are CZ's that are legitimately nice guns (the shadow 2 comes to mind) but in some other models, like the 75b, there have been noticable reductions in QC and finishing.

Cz is solid, the newfag czoy forced meme shit is from the 2016 era reddit migration where people from r/weekendgunnit tried pushing their memes.

Attached: eventual spacegat.jpg (3351x3024, 1.62M)

oh the local pawn shop had those on sale, so i shouldn't buy one?

Attached: 1135068805026.gif (205x154, 298K)

yep. absolutely nothing wrong with CZ's the meme is beyond retarded and people that spout that bullshit are stupid faggots

Attached: IMG_20190317_180805.jpg (2024x1518, 1.8M)

youtu.be/W8Oz6krEH_I
Non drop safe trash

it's ugly. plus the slide is impossible to grip with gloves.

no and no

I got a boner for SA/DA pistols and I need a good beater pistol. Is the m9 a good idea or is it a meme?

>Czech trash

For EDC, try one of the subcompact Glocks. I prefer the 27 personally, but all of them are solid guns.

I have two hand guns, one sig and one glock. Guess which one has been broken for 2 months waiting on replacement parts from sig?

>ain’t
Opinion discarded, sister fucker.

sounds like a great idea to me.

It’s not 2016 anymore you stupid nigger.

The Beretta?

Glock for sure because new Sig isn't worth the price tag at all. If you want a metal framed pistol consider a CZ75B instead. It is cheaper, has a low bore axis and can be carried cocked/locked. Trigger springs like to take a trip to snap city occasionally though, nothing is perfect.

Just buy whatever you want. Buy what feels ergonomically pleasing to you and looks aesthetically pleasing to you. Shit like muzzle flip and trigger pull can be fixed with training. Reliability is a meme in 2019; all manufacturers worth their salt in the current year make reliable pistols.
youtu.be/9tZAfmejXCQ

that was 2017

it really doesn't matter at all.
the biggest issue you're having is that you're a new gun owner looking for advice on Jow Forums. 60% of the people here are underage noguns.
you're more likely to get fake advice than real advice on here.

(You)
Just tell me which gun works best with least maintenance

You get a SIG because you like SIGs. You like how they shoot, feel, look. They tend to have a fanbase of the high bore axis and tend to be gun collecting people.

Glock is an everyman's gun. Less premiums such as materials, fit and finish. Shoots different, not bad but different. I like both but shoot Glock better

Hold both and you will and probably should go with a Glock.

Attached: 1539277447504.png (500x496, 275K)

>ACKCHYUALLY
Same difference. Fuck off to /hgg/ to bitch about (((Cohen))) some more.

Found the coping p320 owner who settled for an inferior Glock copy