Gun thoughts

What does Jow Forums think about the beretta 21a
As a protective sidearm
With the silencer on

Attached: downloadfile.jpg (474x266, 34K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/lyTpAa58UEw
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

I think you're a nogunz

supressors have zero purpose for any kind of home defense or concealed carry. All they do is make the gun harder to conceal, and provide no tactical benefit.

There's also little reason to carry something as unreliable as a .22lr when subcompact/pocket 9mm pistols exist.

>calling someone no guns when telling them theres no benefit to protecting their hearing or actually being able to hear after a defensive shooting

Yeah who needs to hear the cops or anything else fuck that right?

Fuck off you autistic tryhard newfag.

As to the op, I'd advice against autoloading rimfires for self defence but if you can somehow conceal a silencer and it doesnt bother you there isnt a reason not to.

Just need thoughts on the gun
Not a guy calling me a fucking losser for picking a 22.lr over a 9mm

This would make sense also maybe some one should make a gun that actually loud imagine a gun that's really loud when you are trying to steal from a house. Tyrone would be scared shirtless. Louder the better

Yeah but imagine the muzzle flash brigher then the sun

If your gun is for home defense a suppressor is a no brainer.

I'm a big fan of PCCs with suppressors for that.

Of course suppressors a good for home defense especially if the gun looks like a toy model and so small it fits in your pocket

If youre gun is that small and fits in your pocket with a suppressor (big pockets) I'd carry it. As long as you dont get in trouble for it.

If it was for home defense there is the possibility of ditching the suppressor if yourr not supposed to have it. Not so if it was a public defence using a ccw.

I've been legitimately thinking about one of these as a super quiet offensive/neighbor's dog gun.

Also: is it true that in really short barrels like the 21a or the ppk the bullet doesnt have enough time to go super sonic so effectively all ammunition is subsonic?

Also: a Nagant revolver with that cylinder seal in .22lr and a can on it would be tits.

Attached: 1553860578360.jpg (1000x904, 119K)

Yes. It will not be supersonic. It will be almost like 22 short out of a rifle. Maybe a tad more.

I have toyed with the idea of a nagant revolver in 22lr. Not sure how much the casing of the nagant cartridge contributes to the seal though.

You can watch people put suppressors on revolvers. The effect of the cylinder gap is overblown. Suppressors are still effective on revolvers albeit less than semi autos.

>bastardizing a rotonugget
>not just hand-turning your own cases for the weird snowflake round

> A suppressor makes the gun too long to carry reliably. It also gives an opponent something to grab onto. Not a great idea for conceal/open carry; fine for home defense but then you should be using a rifle anyway.

Rimfire is unreliable and non appropriate for self defense.

22LR is not powerful enough to be used reliably for self defense.

Integrated suppressor would be be fine if it kept the over all length down as long as the ammo was made for it. Slowing down the bullet so it doesn't penetrate or expand properly isn't a good trade off.

In that situation why not use a rifle?

The cartridge is critical to being able to suppress it. The case extends past the front of the bullet and expands creating the seal between the frame and the cylinder. Maybe it could work with regular ammo if you changed how much of the case went into the barrel but then I'd think you'd run the risk of the case expanding and getting stuck.

Attached: nagant.ammo.jpg (1155x1155, 39K)

I'd take the trade off. especially after watching many of the lucky gunner tests and the recent video. I'd be fine with slightly less penetration for saving hearing.

And yeah I guess the cartridge does have a big effect but you can find a video of a BFG suppressed on YouTube and even with the gap its still quiet.

So maybe a nagant action isnt even necessary. Just threading a 22 revolver barrel.

>Thinking about it as a defensive sidearm.

Honestly, I don't? The very idea seems weird. I could see getting one as a backup to a backup gun but I'm going to be honest, I've never been the sort to think I need a third gun.

>With the suppressor.

If you need to fire a defensive firearm you can just suck up noise. It's damn unlikely you are going to fire a backup gun, the only job this is really suited to other then being literally an assassin, so why the fuck carry the added bulk for years just so it's slightly less loud if you ever need to shoot someone with it.

>slightly less loud

Goes from being hearing unsafe to totally safe

>no tactical benefit
>worthless for HD

Attached: 1549945225272.jpg (686x843, 210K)

>Goes from being hearing unsafe to totally safe
Makes perfect sense for most shooting.
Is far far far less important than concealability for a carry gun

Buy very hot rounds. Mine always has trouble cycling if using cheap ammo at the range. Also likes to stovepipe.

I've got one chambered in .25acp. Neat little gun but kinda bulky. I'd pick a ruger lcp over it anyday. But still a fun gun to mess with

I have a taurus/beretta early 21a bobcat, it's my pocket pistol, and I run cci stingers on it, great little gun.

It's about the time most euros are at home right?

Why ask

Just a hunch I had

mine always shoots fine and it is one of the most fun guns I own
Had my buddy shoot one, he's in the Army, he gets to shoot 240s and all that fun stuff, loved the fuck out of the tiny beretta
hi NuggetHead if you're lurking, hope Germany is nice

My dad has one of these, don’t try firing anything besides high velocity CCI ammo out of it, otherwise you’re in for a jamfest.

Otherwise it’s a fun little thing, it was the first handgun I fired. I would rather have my Shield for a small defensive pistol though

There are very short suppressors for pistols, they dont do as well as the longer brothers but if you somehow can manage to carry this... why not.

Attached: maxresdefault.jpg (1280x720, 168K)

Yeah cause of the small displacement of the bullet (the size ) the bullet can't go supersonic but there are down sides which will get fixed soon hopefully

007, pls

Fun little guns that have a very classy look. As has been said you need to shoot high velocity rounds through it. I had issues with cheap federal ammo that would lead to FTE on every round in a mag. if you want to suppress it there is a guy you can send the barrel to, or buy a complete barrel for more $$$. They are fun but you should buy it for the look and feel rather then legit defense.

Attached: 21a edit.jpg (3120x4160, 1.67M)

There was a guy on here a few years back that claimed he would carry one daily, with a suppressor. I believe in south america? He posted pictures to prove it.

Do you have the photos or know where they are?

youtu.be/lyTpAa58UEw this is the video that has the suppressor I want

>taurus/beretta early 21a bobcat
so what is it Tarus or Beretta? They are not equal.

I think Beretta bought the plans from tarus
Or Beretta bought Tarus

Maybe but if he has no issue concealing the suppressor why not avoid the EEEEEEEE?

I would certainly give quite a bit to not have EEEEE in silence and mine isnt even from shooting guns without protection, I think its mostly hereditary for me. Of course this bar I went to didnt help. People that turn music up that loud should be killed.

Nice taste amico.

Attached: IMG_20190422_165437.jpg (2048x1152, 1022K)

>t,. never been shot by .22
it will bounce around and turn your insides to swiss cheese

I've got one in .22 short, pretty fun little gun.

Those guns are for women and old cripples with weak hands.

You want a 950 B in 25 acp

Or people who like small oddity and trying new things

Yeah it looks pretty good an it not a 22 it's 25 maybe if I find a shop here in New York that has one

Nope, don't like the idea at all. I've played with a Beretta model and own both metal and poly versions of the Taurus. The potential for misfires and the difficulty of racking the slide on those things is bad. The lack of an extrator makes it worse. NOT a good self defense gun. Looking for something small? As another poster said look at the Ruger LCP/ LCP2 or similar for something that is actually smaller but has much more 'stopping power.' I've shot plenty of skunks and raccoons with a 22 that have run off. Don't think a human won't walk away from a 22 wound... or keep coming at you. Silencer for self defense? WTF? I WANT a big bang.

suppressors have a use when it comes to not destroying your hearing. Especially when operating tacticooly indoors when you'll hear EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE for the rest of your life if you need to defend yourself. Not sure how well the jury would take it if you used an NFA item for self defense though.

>tfw already EEEEE and have never shot without ear pro

Siblings same way, they say they get eeeeee. Why

It's a beretta, made in brazil, but branded taurus.

Those are really early, really rare firearms, I have seen them branded both Beretta and Taurus, and they are exactly the same, much like the first gen 92 berettas made for the brazilian army, or the m12 subguns.

>dog gun
Fuck you, ATF

Did someone say pocket Berettas?

Attached: IMG_7510.jpg (750x1121, 151K)

Yeah join a side the small dick rifle pureest s or the guy with the small guns