First time gun owner, Mosin Nagant but it came with this weird bayonet...

First time gun owner, Mosin Nagant but it came with this weird bayonet. I'm just wondering why it's shaped like this and well anything and everything about it.

Attached: 57485864_2553775591317461_244872561039507456_n.jpg (720x960, 75K)

because it creates a horrible wound

How so? Im trying to learn here.

It makes it really hard to stop bleeding

Why is that then?

The tip actually doubles as a screwdriver for most of the screws on the rifle.

Let me explain you

>(history user here)

Back in the beginning of the first world war and in the early production of the mosin nagant, it was common thing to have triangle or screwdriver type of bayonnets.

Those wound created can't be closed if it's large enough and deep enough (no need big hole tho)
Those wound bleed to hell and don't stop, it was horrible because if you hade those shit stuck into you, you would see yourself diying like poison. Even if the emergency take you at the moment you get stuck by this today, you would only half percent of chance to survive.

Those bayonnet are now illegal in war conflict. Because they are too efficient...

You english bad

>Those bayonnet are now illegal in war conflict
It's only illegal if you lose the war.

Thank you, all of you.

A cut along a straight line is relatively easy to realign and stich back together.
Now picture a stab wound; can't sew down into the person very easily.
But how do you make it even worse? Make it a triangular or blocky, ragged hole and the odds of a stressed out battlefield medic being able to stabilize that kind of wound is practically impossible. It's a deep, narrow, cavity wound that will just bleed into itself even if you manage to stich up the outside.

Nasty shit.

like, id rather take a butterknife to the chest than this thing anyday

yeah its a quad angle

Is it an M44 post pics op

Attached: 57449559_2553554398006247_6036350095262220288_n.jpg (960x720, 92K)

To be honest I've found the M44 carbines are more fun to shoot than the full size nuggets, I suggest picking one up OP

wherein lies the difference

I agree. Shorty nuggets are fireball blasters

Because a bayonet doesn't have to be sharp when you're ramming a log wrapped in steel into another human being. It tears a bigger wound, and uses the weight of the rifle and strength of the user to do so.

I've had ringing ears from my M44 several times and burnt a few blankets when shooting off of hoods

I regret selling my m44 so much

In addition to everything above this type of bayonet doesn't get stuck on ribs or other bones as easily as the blade style.

The
>muh straight cut easy to heal, triangle better!
Fuddlore needs to die already. You're all retarded.

When sharpened its a bretty good bayonet. Good for scraping ice and doubles as a tool for all the screws on the gun

A flat blade creates a straight wound which one could stitch up and bandage over, a cross shaped wound would be harder to fix and would split more, and if only the point is sharp and the rest is blunt, you can make the wound worse still.

That said, it's an old style of bayonet, and people mostly moved to knife style bayonets because bayonets are only kind of used on the odd occasion (not often, but not seldom enough that they're worth getting rid of entirely), and instead of carrying both a knife for all kinds of purposes, and then a bayonet, your knife is also your bayonet, so that's less weight.
Hell, a knife wound is still a knife wound, if anything.

Attached: m1 + bayonet.jpg (1600x1200, 877K)

>First time gun owner
>Buy a mosin
>It's not even 2011 and he buys a mosin
>He probably spent more than 120 dollars
>On a bolt action milsurp rifle that shoots 4 moa at 100 yards

jesus fucking christ why do zoomers do this
>aaaaaaa motherland.meme

Attached: 4263948.jpg (350x253, 29K)

It's easy to manufacture and sword bayonets bend too easily
Bam that's it.

Because they were told to by eternal poorfags/slavaboos who don't understand that the market changes in the past 10 years.

Contrary to what these retards say, stabby stuff have been screwdriver or triangle shaped for hundreds of years because it is the stiffest cross section for a given amount of material. Stiffness is one of the most important things for stabbing, as flexing even a little robs a lot of energy from your lunge. It goes into bending the blade rather than stabbing.

>jesus fucking christ why do zoomers do this
#notallzoomers
I got my m44 nugget for $120 when I was 16 at a dead boomer's estate auction.

Takes a team of 36 surgeons to stitch it up

First gun I bought when I turned 18 was an M44 nugget.
No regrets.

It’s not even a triangle, it’s a plus sign.

Back to plebbit with you.
>4 MOA at 100 yards
Either a shit barrel or you are just shit at aiming.

conventions said no pointy bayonets, these work