Are innawoods skills actually at all important or practical for a modern era SHTF scenario...

Are innawoods skills actually at all important or practical for a modern era SHTF scenario? I feel like a bow drill fire wouldn't help you under civil unrest and natural disasters.

Attached: 1519387583758.jpg (1815x1124, 1.33M)

Not larping like most people here do, but actual bush craft stuff can be useful.
Just gotta escape the cities.

Yes, absolutely. The more primitive you get, though, the less return you get for the time and effort you invest in learning those skills. Using a bow drill and knowing how to make and use a sling as a weapon are great, but they're very difficult. Things like knowing how to start a fire with ferrocerium, how to build a fire properly in the first place, how to purify and collect water expediently, and how to build a shelter without having access to a tarp or a tent or any other shit like that are all pretty basic skills that don't take too much time to master, and you should know how to do them. If you don't want to put forth even that much effort, you should at least know how to pitch a tent, make a fire, and collect and purify water with minimal equipment.

Nah, bushcraft shit is for entertainment. In the 70s the survivalist movement made more sense because everything could crashing down in a few months. Now there is too much material surplus.

If your into camping and bushcraft in the first place yeah there is stuff you can put to use that parallels with your hobbies, but if you are just learning it for SHTF there is better stuff you can be wasting your time doing than learning how to whittle a straw to sustain yourself off sparrow tears.

I'm not sure why you would ever doubt the usefulness of the ability to survive without outside assistance.

That depends user, when SHTF will you be grabbing your Jansport and "bugging out" to the city park on 28th street? Or are you taking your full loadout X-country to get to your designated family acreage because the roads are congested/dangerous?

Attached: 140127114114-chechnya-grozny-ruins-story-top.jpg (640x360, 85K)

The bushcraft meme is next to useless for modern preparedness. Unless you live in the unexplored wilds of Alaska (less than 1% of US pop) then you are wasting time learning how to build a bow and arrow. Picking mushrooms, making tea from pine needles, and eating dirt aren’t necessary when everyone lives near urban environments if not smack dab in a city. Learn how to use real medical supplies, how to perform vehicle maintenance, where to find resources, work out, and make friends. THAT’S being prepared.

Everyone should know the basics at the very least, fire, basic shelter, water purification. While i think those primitive skills are interesting and cool, like the other user said, there are diminishing returns.

>If you don't want to put forth even that much effort, you should at least know how to pitch a tent, make a fire, and collect and purify water with minimal equipment.
I sometimes forget that there are city folk out there who can't even do this. It's sad really.

Attached: 010069f8b102447458dad275ff0cdca3.jpg (736x502, 59K)

>Are innawoods skills actually at all important
Everything you can is good. Im more the science guy and packed my bug out bag with chemicals to make fire, build traps and counter microbic hazards (all is pretty easy)

It's half the battle, the other half is living near the woods so those skills are remotely relevant. Protip: there's less 'woods' than you probably think there are especially out east. Those back hundred acres are not the wilderness at all.

Otherwise get good at waiting around for your bigass urban sprawl city to fix it's shit if absolutely anything ever happens because you're fucked.

Attached: US_federal_land.agencies.png (1280x989, 415K)

What is this picture even supposed to mean, that land isn't wilderness if it's """""managed"""" by the government?

Have you never gone inna woods before?

Yes, but I am asking for the point to be clarified.

crazy how dudes east of colorado dont even have public land

Want to be the science guy in my group? We already have a medical guy (veterinarian) and a jester (retarded fellow).

Making fire is useful and making a bow drill is very easy. I mean if you have the space for it yeah sure pack it but its not like you cant just easily make one

Generally yes. It’s always good to have options, and running into the woods is a good option.

>things a butthurt citynigger would say
Imagine thinking that because you're cucked as shit, everyone else is too.

Most people wouldn't benefit from caveman skills as much as automotive and mechanical.

This

>He thinks grocery stores will still have stocks of food
>He thinks that urban survival is even remotely practical in a SHTF scenario
>He thinks he can just go out and find prepackaged resources that will be safe for consumption or prebuilt for use
The cope holy shit

Attached: one year shtf.jpg (1489x2935, 1.47M)

If you have to ask, them probably no. I don't mean that in a insulting way. But people that preach innawoods stuff are probably gonna go dissapear innawwoods when shit goes live. So if that's your strategy them of course those skills are practical.
But if you're plan isn't to leave urban centers and go all survivalist in the woods. Then not really. But I Would be interested in knowing the alternative.
Would it be a bad thing to learn how to rough it, And provide yourself with shelter, food, water? Nah, you might even have a good time learning.
I don't think there's a single right answer to this hypothetical scenario.

>be prepper
>Study the bush
>Bush is love, bush is life
>Have a house in a low-medium population area like most of America is
>Closest neighber is over hundred yards away
>They are nice and we get along
>House has locks on doors and food in cabinets, insulated, has all my tools and stuff
>Economy crashes

"Well, better go live in a tent and carry only what's in my backpack." Sounds good bud.

>implying I'm not gonna be living off grid on my rural property
But still yes
Lots of people near a finite and crucial resource ends quite badly. Better to be out woods with breathing space for such situations. If you can get out.
Besides, it's fun and it's a skill. No reason not to.

Going to drive to a suburban forest preserve and just leave your mom’s car in the parking lot?

You need to know at least the basics so you dont fuckin die like a retard. You dont even need a real general SHTF scenario; you can just go fishing/hiking/hunting/biking and die because any bad luck/dumb situation.

Best SHTF scenario I can think of for going deep innawoods is an epidemic event where staying near other people could be lethal. Ebola is stuff you don't want to hear has arrived in your town.