UN thread: Love them or hate them, the UN has a unique aesthetic. Posting what I have, starting with a classic

UN thread: Love them or hate them, the UN has a unique aesthetic. Posting what I have, starting with a classic

Attached: qVuiO4vdC7Y-3V33XeqW2PI9eH_uhLptX9atFQCNp3c.jpg (600x535, 58K)

Other urls found in this thread:

un.org/disarmament/convarms/salw/programme-of-action/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Attached: US_Navy_100316-N-9116F-001_A_Brazilian_U.N._peacekeeper_walks_with_Haitian_children_during_a_patrol_ (500x357, 47K)

>inb4 shill

Attached: d8cb8a5157581ac31d2d27.jpg (600x397, 102K)

Attached: p04mzb8x.jpg (720x405, 59K)

>Error: you must wait 11 seconds before posting an image reply.

Attached: 90b5010fc9e3bfd964fe3f6a49a634d1.jpg (1200x628, 136K)

Attached: 14HAITI-articleLarge.jpg (600x400, 57K)

Do the blue helmets genuinely help them get shot at less?

Attached: military_thermal_scope_01.jpg (640x480, 19K)

Attached: RTR23YQS.jpg (600x338, 96K)

Probably the opposite, the thing is a giant target.

Attached: original.jpg (1800x1198, 444K)

Attached: ESTPLA-1 väljaõppel.jpg (991x1400, 1.16M)

Attached: 6-3_2.jpg (750x440, 88K)

I love the white paint and large UN logo on decidedly lethal vehicles like this hind or on tanks.

Attached: unhind.jpg (1920x1080, 469K)

Attached: 1550321958504.jpg (768x512, 29K)

That isn't a UN soldier

It's an advertisement from a South African media firm

Attached: Uninvolved in Africa.jpg (1200x916, 114K)

Attached: India in Liberia.jpg (800x532, 173K)

Attached: Funinvolved.jpg (1080x1158, 112K)

Why exactly do people hate them so much? I think saying they don't do very much is sort of moot since they don't claim to be an active combat unit.

Feel free to enlighten me.

Ah, another man of culture.

Attached: JvFFVmatwWHVQPjDcGkFxELgGtwNAntRtiqDuEyxyCAcNqYh4rNaBe3AwMQ4cB7eVv5MyQZvtsx3frHToYpV1XoGNCm4F5PpsAF7 (595x388, 48K)

Attached: un-vehicles-in-the-city-of-dili-timor-leste-east-timor-BXN494.jpg (1300x972, 198K)

And that's all I have

Attached: Denel Rooivalk United Nations.jpg (800x600, 100K)

Americans secretly seething since they know blue helmets arnt worth burger fries

Attached: un tank 2.jpg (735x551, 134K)

Cause they're the go-to boogeyman for NWO conspiracy theorists

Attached: un-peacekeepers.png (700x394, 497K)

i think its more of a statement that a military, peacekeeping force is present.
id put it in the category winning hearts and minds or at the 'least sending a message'
probably true, but then again, they arent there to sneak about and hide in the brush

probably because the forces involved aren't there for combative reasons, making them much less 'cool'
add to that the fact that they are usually greatly hampered in their military effectiveness due to restrictive ROE or the fear of escalating the situation on a geo-political scale

agreed, it gives the vehicles a clean look, in some ways more professional than camo does
kinda stormtrooper-esque, or at least dystopian and opressive
maybe its the fact that they stand out so clearly, instead of trying to hide their presence, sort of increases their intimidation factor i guess
comparable in a way to the 'black helicopter' idea

Attached: un chan.png (1400x1600, 1.95M)

Yeah I had some friend try to tell me back when that the UN was trying to invade the United States or something, I didn't understand it at all, and since it didn't happen it's clearly fat faced horse shit.
Yeah seems like everyone on this site has a giant war fetish, when war is pretty fucking terrible and should be avoided if possible. With that said, Owning a hardened tough army isn't something to hate.

Attached: peacekeeper.jpg (633x950, 90K)

Whiny shitters who don't understand the difference between the UN and NATO. The UN is actually very biased towards small countries and secondary powers, and sides with whoever the rules say is right, regardless of context or morality. They got mad at the US for reversing an incredibly blatant Soviet coup in Grenada, and didn't change their minds even when the corpses of Soviet special forces instructors with half-empty guns in their hands were found alongside the revolutionaries who executed the president and deployed Soviet AA guns.

So how does that in that case, Make them unique from NATO?

Is that to imply NATO is less biased?

Not who you replied to, but NATO is an actual military alliance. The purpose of NATO is to protect 'western interests' through a series of military pacts as to where the purpose of the UN is to protect peace. Normally, the UN call on the smaller member states to do the peace keeping whereas NATO usually rolls into a country with the US, UK, France, and Germany.

>the US suddenly cares about a communist being overthrown by...communism

Imagine being this gullible

NATO is and always has been dominated by US interests, and is a coalition of North Atlantic militaries for common defense. The paradigm is shifting, though, and the whole thing is falling apart as Germany forces itself to the head while lagging further and further behind everyone else.

Funnily enough, France is the best candidate to take over for the US should they choose to withdraw a bit. They properly maintain their military, are dealing with the current migrant crisis better than most of the other countries, have a strong economy, and are pretty strategically positioned while having the willpower and manpower to take their place at the head of it. But Germany is full of screeching children who must be in charge of Europe despite proving themselves incapable, so the French would have to fight for it.

The UN is a global force that enforces the status quo. They're only really useful for shit like the Rwandan Genocide, where a non-nation does stupid shit and direct intervention from a singular government would be inappropriate. They side with whomever has the rules on their side, even if it's absolutely retarded to do so, and have no power to do anything but wag fingers at anyone on the security council.

Was sort of the detailed explanation I was looking for, thanks.

>Small island nation that minds its own business
>Armed revolutionaries very blatantly backed by Soviets, when they have nothing to offer them except land close to the US, at the height of the Cold War

The US hatred for Communism was just a euphemism for "Soviets". Anyone similar to communists was distrusted due to possibly being subverted or coerced by Soviets, not because of their actual beliefs.

Of course the US will suddenly care when their worst enemy gives some tiny ass island whose only export is a singular spice a shitload of guns and helps them overthrow the government with the obvious intention to station nuclear sites there.

What makes you think Germany is trying to take control of NATO

Rhetoric and being the most anti-American while presenting themselves as a powerhouse when they really aren't. You don't position yourself opposite someone in charge unless you intend to replace them, and NATO due to its structure REQUIRES a primary benefactor to shoulder the burden.

Either Germany wants to be in charge of NATO, or they're batshit retarded and are intentionally or not going to kill it by pushing more than half of its resources away, and hand central Europe back to Russia in the process.

>Germany wants to be in charge of Europe again.
Fix'd

>France...are dealing with the current migrant crisis better than most of the other countries

By what fucking measure. If anything they're the most fucked European country in the long term. They've nearly sunk to the level of the Americans in terms of demographics.

Jesus Christ LOL

They actually value their own culture, and are protective of it while strongly encouraging integration, unlike Germans, who are appalled by the idea of trying to make migrants assimilate properly.

The UN can actually do a good job in permissive environments where nobody is actually fighting against them, and everyone wants somebody to help them pick up the pieces.

Namibia, East Timor, Mozambique, and Sierra Leone were all really well done UN nation building operations. The UN is overall way better at nation-building than the US is.

What rhetoric?

>and are protective of it while strongly encouraging integration
That has not worked out for them well. They have some of the most ghettoized populations in Europe.

Germany is one of the most anti-American countries on Earth according to its own citizens.

So what does that have to do with NATO leadership

>gets mad when a handful of mercenaries save African countries
>REEEE until they get removed
>thousands of peacekeepers pick up the job after kicking out a few hundred mercs
>fail to do anything
>all the peace the mercs made quickly erodes away as the rebel forces come back and yeet the bluefags
>rape people for humanitarian rations
>ANIME BAD!

What the fuck is the point of a military if they can't even fight lol.

Attached: 1543076035818.gif (173x267, 2.51M)

Because until this latest fight between Iraq and ISIL, the US operated on the laughably naive policy of "unrestricted democracy always works!" where they'd host an election, hand the new government the keys and some guns, then dust their hands off and pat themselves on the back for a job well done.

South Korea and Japan only became the powerhouses they are because US-backed dictatorships under the guise of democracy ran them for decades before they had actually fair elections and could support themselves. The US has had a nasty habit of destroying dictatorships and putting in democracies when nobody knows how to actaully run the fucking country yet. At least now they seem to realize if they want a country to be democratic, they can't just immediately fuck off and leave them to die.

The UN is an enemy to the White race and Western Civilization. They must be killed!

Bro.... Just no.

France's economy looks good on paper but is mostly funded by the few EU countries that fund the entire EU (Germany, The Netherlands, Belgium, Denmark, Austria etc). Without EU subsidies France would collapse in a civil war between immigrants and natives in a matter of months.

And while Germany is more public in them being cucked it is because people like Merkel feel its their obligation, a remnant from the 20th century. What is also a slight factor is that the Mudslimes in Germany are mostly Roaches. While still mudslimes in my personal experience they do tend to be a bit less orthodox then those from other middle eastern countries.
France on the other hand has entire neighbourhoods surrounding their capital in which the police can't even maintain order and are basicly ruled by Sharia law.

Attached: bundeswehr-in-belet-huen-in-somalia-CRJ147.jpg (1300x949, 182K)

Attached: 49803824_804828486521901_7039167148618416128_o.jpg (1300x845, 153K)

Attached: bundeswehr-unosom-2-mission-in-somalia-CRJ1A4.jpg (1300x929, 147K)

The point is Germany needs to be slapped again. Luckily it doesn't have to be paid with more white blood because Germany is killing itself with Muslims.

Canadian joint task force in Mali

Attached: c5e66j48h4k21.jpg (960x640, 96K)

>France's economy looks good on paper but is mostly funded by the few EU countries that fund the entire EU

Are you absolutely retarded? Do you learn entirely about countries from third hand Jow Forumstards?

Attached: EU_budget_net_contributions_jJnxF0M.png (550x679, 35K)

What you're ranting about now has fuck all to do with your original claim.

You were just bullshitting.

I think it's funny a German is saying France is ruled by Sharia law. Your women literally bang migrants and put it on the internet.

>France's economy looks good on paper but is mostly funded by the few EU countries that fund the entire EU (Germany, The Netherlands, Belgium, Denmark, Austria etc).

Please don't comment on things you clearly know absolutely nothing about

Really, the big problem is that the US tries to impose their ideal political order onto a country, rather than just accepting whatever political system is already there and trying to work with it.

This is why a small Russian intervention in Syria has done more to bring stability to that country than a huge American intervention in Afghanistan.

The Russians are working with a government that already existed before them, that has demonstrated that it's at least marginally capable of fighting for its own existence.

Because the country that sent their troops rarely send the best unit they have and those third world "peacekeeper" (mostly consisted of niggers and pajeets) are only in it for money, has low discipline, even lower training standard and would fucked off the moment shit hit the fan.

The concept in itself is good but unless these peacekeepers drop their blue helmet and start taking more proactive measures (as peacemakers) and be more selective with frontline personnel, they're little more than glorified guards

I want to be sanctioned by UN-Chan

Fuck she's so cute

What I wonder, what percentage of UN peacekeepers have HIV?

Each and every peacekeepeer were checked by medical personnel tasked by the UN itself so the chance for a carrier to join peacekeeping force is pretty slim (although the risk is still there)

Whether they catch the bug during their peacekeeping misson tho, that's another story

Because they are completely useless and stand by while innocent people are murdered

In the end of the day, they have to abide the SOP and RoE from the mission. You could have peacekeeper whose sole mission is to guard the green line and nothing else and then you have those AU niggers who came gun blazing in mogadishu

They’re worse than useless. Don’t ever entrust your safety to blue helmets

Attached: 46330AD7-78F7-4472-8405-90DF77A9FE80.jpg (750x815, 373K)

UN would actually be neat if they had the balls to do shit for example they could've run in and evacuated women and children out of Rwanda during the genocide but instead faggot politicians kept arguing if it even was a genocide preventing intervention and then act all surprised when major tons of people are dead because of their inaction

While I do think the UN has some nice aesthetics, it still should be worth mentioning that most peacekeepers are dumb, incompetent third worlders at the end of the day.

Attached: 3050776315_1_3_5aIAXcmW.jpg (600x399, 49K)

Based Duchies having a wank while watching kebabs get slaughtered.

>UN aesthetics

Attached: Camp-Kigali-Memorial-Site-750x450[1].jpg (750x450, 63K)

This gives me Project Reality Chills

>are dealing with the current migrant crisis better than most of the other countries
hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha

NO

For all their soldiers and equipment, have they ever actually been in combat against anyone?

Not really, the last time there was any real action was probably Korea. Even then the US carried the bulk of the fighting, as usual.

One of my fav maps for sure. Sad they removed the blue helmets because people bitched. Having to deal with being easy to spot because of political reasons is part of the flavor of that map. On The AAS version with MEC the blue helmets were truly bullshit though.

Does the Congo count?

I mean them dying in droves, sure why not? I seriously wish the UN would invade the US so I can collect blue helmets with bullet holes.

This is the kind of Alex Jonsian moron this thread was talking about

If you like the UN you're a faggot. The UN should be disbanded and any country that defies the US should be nuked. Everyone needs to fucking die!!!

You got a lot of anger there, kid.

If you're going to schizopost, at least bump with images

Attached: UN-Peacekeepers-Haiti.jpg (1460x911, 545K)

Here, this is how predictable you are

Day of the Rope for all UN niggers that glow in the dark!!! Just run them over!

C L A S S I C

Fuckkkk can we invade China already.

Based rollerlock krauts.

un.org/disarmament/convarms/salw/programme-of-action/

"Under the Programme of Action to Prevent, Combat and Eradicate the Illicit Trade in Small Arms and Light Weapons in All Its Aspects (PoA), governments agreed to """improve""" national small arms laws, *import/export controls*, and stockpile management – and to engage in cooperation and assistance.

In 2005 they also adopted the International Tracing Instrument (ITI), which requires States to ensure that weapons are *properly marked* and that *records are kept*. Moreover, it provides a framework for cooperation in *weapons tracing* – fulfilling one of the commitments governments made in the Programme of Action. Improving weapons tracing is now part of the 2030 Agenda for Sustainable Development."

Attached: download.png (242x208, 6K)

Is there anything more cucked than fighting for the UN? Even the most brainwashed ZOGbots have at least some form of perverse patriotism.

There was that time a couple years ago, in the Golan heights, where Fijian and Filipino peacekeepers held off some ISIS fighters from overrunning their base and taking their guns.

Hyper based
Go to the UN tomorrow Schizoanon
Tell them how you feel

They're the walking definition of "all bark and no bite". They'll say they'll do something, and chicken out when it turns out that being peacekeeper means that you might actually have to SHOOT people, and end up looking like tards as they stand around while the people they're allegedly defending get butchered. At least the Red Cross are willing to risk their lives to do their job, but the blue-helmets are just playing soldier.

The peacekeeper isn't there to defend you, he's there to watch you die, record it, and parade it across the media.

this but unironically

Why are you Americans so god damn hyper aggressive and retarded? Do you guys have something in your drinking water that makes you go full retard?

It's the flouride.

That makes sense. It seems to make them retarded. I've never met a group of people who are so angry while being well-fed and having the best standard of living compared to most of the world. Just a bunch of drunken psychos.

You guys talk like fags and your shit's all retarded.

It's the media. 30 second soundbites and clickbait headlines encourage everybody to act like retards with no critical thinking skills. America was patient zero for the infection because we have the most advanced media.