Does anyone have/know where to get prescription shooting glasses...

Does anyone have/know where to get prescription shooting glasses? I lost the genetic lottery in the eyeballs department and don't think contacts or regular glasses will be a good idea long-term when SHTF.

Attached: 1554130334257.jpg (630x419, 41K)

Other urls found in this thread:

esseyepro.com/U-Rx-Insert_191_detail.html#_overview
zennioptical.com/b/men-eyeglasses/Gender-Men/_/N-1341992444?sizeOrder=1234510000
healio.com/ophthalmology/refractive-surgery/news/print/ocular-surgery-news/{8f1181ea-53d5-4c4f-9a59-dd9bb792014f}/suturing-effective-for-managing-lasik-flap-dislocation
zennioptical.com/p/sport-eyeglass-frames-/7055?skuId=705516
zennioptical.com/p/sport-eyeglass-frames-/7071?skuId=707121
zennioptical.com/p/sport-eyeglass-frames-/7043?skuId=704321
zennioptical.com/p/sport-eyeglass-frames-/7052?skuId=705224
zennioptical.com/p/sport-eyeglass-frames-/7029?skuId=702930
zennioptical.com/p/sport-eyeglass-frames-/7015?skuId=701521
amazon.com/ESS-Eyewear-Crosshair-ONE-EE9014-07/dp/B009KRDZE2
amazon.com/ESS-U-Rx-Insert/dp/B005GRFG2O
replacealens.com/default.asp
revisionmilitary.com/en/eyewear/spectacles/sawfly
ezopticalnh.com/product/3m-classic-4-safety-glasses
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Get crossbows or something similar.
They are cheap, and every small town optician can fit corrective lenses into the insert frame just like with standard perscription glasses.

Forgot pic. Anyway thats best choice IMO, because the perscription glass is standard, which saves you 95% of the fuss.
Alternative is perscription safety glass, but the stuff is more expensive and less durable.

Attached: ess-crossbow-outdoor-sports-army-bullet-proof.jpg (1917x1920, 230K)

Do they come in normal, non-tinted lenses?

Attached: Pc+principal+brah+just+out+of+curiosity+what+are+your_c20788_5720727.jpg (543x501, 51K)

See if you can get LASIK.

Because fuck glasses.

Links? Also, this is one solid lens, how do they make that for two prescriptions? (not an optometrist so pls no bully)

yes, you get a bag of swappable outer lenses in diffrent shades, clear is avaiable too.

Protective lens is single pece outside, perscription is in the removeable frame inside.
esseyepro.com/U-Rx-Insert_191_detail.html#_overview
There's variety of frames the corrective glass insert can fit into.

Attached: glasses.jpg (1370x848, 236K)

Literally just get PRK retard. Anyone who says LASIK is a retarded fag and deserves their cornea falling off.

>see if you can get surgery which can make you permanently blind if you take a decent hit to the head

Glasses like that are fucking stupid as fuck and you must not ever go outside and actually do anything. You have just doubled the surfaces that can get dirty/scratched/fogged up. Some normal poly-carbonate lenses are fine. Having backup pairs is more important than having 1 uber pair.

I just went to a glasses store, same place I got my daily glasses, and got prescription safety glasses. Chatted guns with the salesman for a bit.

>Having backup pairs is more important than having 1 uber pair.

ayup. I'd rather have a stack of cheap glasses from zenni for SHTF than one pair of "zomg operator you guise" glasses.

zennioptical.com/b/men-eyeglasses/Gender-Men/_/N-1341992444?sizeOrder=1234510000

Source?

I've worn prescription safety glasses for years lol they're pretty tough in comparison to regular glasses

Sport RX offers prescription safety glasses. The Oakley Industrial Det Cord glasses can come with clear lenses. Probably the others, too, but I was just looking at this set last night.

Attached: main_oo9253-07_det-cord_matte-black-clear_001_96936_png_heroxl.jpg (886x532, 19K)

WTF are det cord glasses. Sounds dangerous.

Attached: 2EACD5B7-1112-4A52-98FE-B72E117F9003.png (419x600, 194K)

What ever happened to those Birth Control glasses the military used to give out? I remember those things being damn near indestructible.

Birth Control

Attached: 1479942554961.jpg (346x427, 56K)

I hate eyepro so much, my eyesight is shit and the inserts fog up way too easily

Just wear your normal glasses, fag. No one uses glass lenses anymore, they're the same damned polycarbonate safety glasses are made from.

If you're concerned that your normal glasses aren't providing enough coverage for whatever you're doing, these things are $4 at Home Depot.

Attached: 3m-safety-goggles-91252-8002s-64_1000.jpg (1000x1000, 47K)

These blow cock you fucking neverserved

Still have like 4 pairs of mine, ive saved all of my glasses over the years. Only broke one pair when my heel crushed the leg on one while hate fucking this chamorro bitch

Not OP but my range requires safety glasses. I just want to look like dreamy steve and fit their gay rules.

Normal eyeglasses are fine bro they just don't want anyone without eyepro in there for liability reasons.

Goggles over glasses.

Attached: testimonials_33_large.jpg (800x511, 74K)

These kind of eyepro fit over even the biggest hipster glasses. Just check the protection rating though construction eyepro is made to stop fractured blade splinters and shit.

Attached: 71+1-D+qutL._SX425_.jpg (425x425, 11K)

Attached: eye-protection-standards.jpg (450x254, 24K)

That was lasik 1.0. we are well past that point today.

get the dewalt ones from amazon for cheap.

Dude, prescription safety glasses. Literally just the same as all these other things.

A quick skim, I see one goggles that apparently wrap around. The rest would work but then I can't see well.

Imagine being this out of touch with scientific advancements

i regret buying these desu. the frames aren't meant for use with the prescription inserts and you can feel it. hurts to wear after a short while

The phenomena to which this retard is referring is called flap dislocation, and becomes a non-existent problem once the cornea flap has fully healed.

healio.com/ophthalmology/refractive-surgery/news/print/ocular-surgery-news/{8f1181ea-53d5-4c4f-9a59-dd9bb792014f}/suturing-effective-for-managing-lasik-flap-dislocation

There's also another surgical technique called PRK, which does not create a flap, and therefore has none of the associated impact problems during the healing process, but it has it's own set of problems.

Nice to meet you, retard. These are almost the exact same glasses that are issued to everyone in the Army. They work fucking fine, and we abused the shit out of them. Sometimes they can get foggy, but literally any decent anti-fog product can prevent this

use a quality product like Gyeon ceramic coating on your eyepro and anything glass. dirt and mud and shit just slides off. its a protective sacrificial layer and prevents scratches. they use it on baja trophy trucks, that way they dont have to clean the dirt off of them in victory lane, they just rinse with water and it all falls off.

LASIK doesn't work nearly as well as most people think.

Other than pain, and being basically blind for a week or two, what problems? From what I've been led to belive, prk is vastly superior, but vastly more of a pain in the ass. But no inherent weakness like laski, right?

Lemme guess you wore them in a dry arid place? I live in swamp ass Bama and a combination of small lenses(lots of airflow) and anti fog is the only thing that works for me. Using a setup like that pic would up my anti-fog use by like %500. OP specifically mentioned SHTF so minimizing expenditure of consumables is a priority. I'm still uber butthurt that you can't get fogtech in bottles anymore I have 3 laid back but still...the wipes just don't go as far.

oh also post what anti-fog has worked well for you.

Talk to your optometrist, dummy

This is the exact same thread from a few weeks ago with the same picture worded the same fucking way. Fuck off

I have ESS crossbows and wear them regularly for hiking, larping, trail work, etc. they're bretty gud. they can get dirty and fog up, but not that much worse than regular single-lens glasses--ventilation is pretty good. Note that some cheaper two-lens setups have a rubber gasket thing around each lens which really does seal in heat and moisture and make them well nigh unusable.

IMO, they are especially worth considering if you think full coverage would be valuable and get wraparound lenses in a strong enough prescription without paying through the nose (that was the case for me.). Particularly useful if there's a lot of sawdust flying around, for example, or in dealing with the glare from snowfields. I nearly went snowblind once wearing flat frames on a glacier, so I was looking for something that went all the way around.

Otherwise, buying cheap and stacking deep(ish) works fine. Or Wiley-X if you want to spend a bit more.

*and CAN'T get wraparound lenses in a strong enough prescription etc

You can dirt cheap insert style safety glasses from Zenni, straight from China. You'll hate the insert shit though.

Go for Wiley X or Rudy Project. They actually make prescription lenses with side protection. I'll be picking some up in the fall after script runs out of date.

fwiw I'm and now you mention it the pair with the rubber gasket and ensuing shitty ventilation that I mentioned were, I think, Zennis.

these should be ok if they fit (though I haven't tried them):
zennioptical.com/p/sport-eyeglass-frames-/7055?skuId=705516
zennioptical.com/p/sport-eyeglass-frames-/7071?skuId=707121
zennioptical.com/p/sport-eyeglass-frames-/7043?skuId=704321

avoid these if you plan to sweat in them (I had the first ones):
zennioptical.com/p/sport-eyeglass-frames-/7052?skuId=705224
zennioptical.com/p/sport-eyeglass-frames-/7029?skuId=702930
zennioptical.com/p/sport-eyeglass-frames-/7015?skuId=701521

>tfw no prescription pit vipers

Attached: proxy.duckduckgo.com.jpg (612x612, 92K)

PRK is the same price, no flap, takes a little longer to reach 100%

Budgetfag option:

amazon.com/ESS-Eyewear-Crosshair-ONE-EE9014-07/dp/B009KRDZE2

amazon.com/ESS-U-Rx-Insert/dp/B005GRFG2O

replacealens.com/default.asp

Revison Sawfly

revisionmilitary.com/en/eyewear/spectacles/sawfly

Some user posted these a while back, and they actually look like glasses you could wear and not look like a ass:

ezopticalnh.com/product/3m-classic-4-safety-glasses

I just shoot with my glasses on, don’t have a special pair of safety glasses

I would literally rather be blind then partially blind. At least full visual retardation I can milk sympathy and pretend to be mysterious. Partially blind I'm just as impaired but can see well enough to hit a friendly.

Are you looking to get basic ANSI Z87.1 rated glasses? You can go online to find many vendors that will do "Regular Frame" presciption lenses with basic ANSI z87.1 ratings. I got mine at rx-safety. IIRC the frame that the actor wears in this scene are $150-200. This is a more affordable option for everyday wear with low risk of danger. The danger of lens shattering is over-blown, only only really apply to actual glass lenses.
Glass lenses will give you the best optical clarity and usually have the best resistance to scratches, but these have fallen out of favor due to cost and weight compared to CR-39 lenses. CR39 has almost the same optical clarity to actual glass, are much lighter and have better shatter resistance, but have poor scratch resistance and have no natural UV protection. CR-39 lenses cannot be made into safety lenses however (I don't remember why but it involves the qualities of the type of plastic used)
Polycarbonate lenses are usually peddled the most because they are as inexpensive as CR-39, as well as having natural UV protection, better resistance to damage/scratches, and will make thinner lenses compared to CR-39, but have garbage optical clarity. "Hi-Index" lenses are essentially better quality Polycarbonate lenses, with thinner lenses, lighter weight and better optical quality, but still not as good CR-39, but cost more and have frame restrictions (usually can't do "rimless" frames).
Trivex tends to be a middle-ground between CR-39 and Polycarb/Hi-Index. Trivex are the only lenses that don't give me motion-sickness and horrible chromic abberation and in my peripheral vision

If you need the military-spec glasses you'll need to find a list of certified vendors that have ballistic rated glasses/goggles. The qualities that meet the military-spec are generally unable to be made into actual prescription lenses affordably, so you'll need to by a prescription insert as well as the glasses/goggles or be prepared to spend a lot of money.

these were so bad i literally resorted to using my bcgs when we went to the range

I ironically own Revision sawflys (and bullet ant) with Rx inserts. I can give you non shill answers if you want.

Attached: revision.jpg (1200x1200, 62K)