AS Val

How do you obtain one? Do samples even exist in the US? Are there any builders who could build one? How much would it cost?

Attached: 1552477789603.jpg (2250x1500, 850K)

Other urls found in this thread:

slaggamfg.com/products
piedmontcartridge.com/
en.tulatoz.ru/produktsiya/grazhdanskaya-produktsiya/hunting-self-loading-carbine-ko-vss/
en.tulatoz.ru/produktsiya/grazhdanskaya-produktsiya/hunting-self-loading-carbine-ko-vss-01/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

>how do you obtain one?
Be part of the Russian armed forces, or one of their very close allies' armed forces
>do samples even exist in the US?
No/not outside of the government
>are there any builders who could build one?
Literally thousands of them, yes
>how much would it cost?
Enough that nobody's gonna fucking bother building them since they'd have to fab 95% of the parts from scratch.

>fab
Gonna ignore that shortening of fabricate.

To put it simply it looks like an sks upper with an ak lower, in which case, the hard part is the finding a way to make the barrel the silincer, the handguard can be put together from a pistol, and everything else is what you want to put on it, given the money.

>sks upper with an ak lower
'no' in every meaning of the word
quite literally the only interchangeable parts of the AS VAL platform between AKs or SKSs are the likely the irons, and the fucking sling swivel.

To describe the operational parts, think SVD but made to look like something not like a SVD.

I guess you could ""politely"" ask for blueprints as Tula has given the blueprints for everything but the suppressor to Molot from what I can tell.

>blueprints
*technical data package

It's the basic standard AK action with a very robust, milled instead of stamped, dust cover. Which is a net boon for small production since it reduces the number of bending jigs you need.

do plans even exist?
would $15k be enough to build one?

>the hard part is the finding a way to make the barrel the silincer
No that is almost the easiest part. It just has a tiny ported barrel with baffles screwed on to the end and a body that fits over the entire structure. You could honestly make one quieter than the Russian ones because their baffles are shit compared to newer Western ones.

Attached: proxy.duckduckgo.com.jpg (474x246, 20K)

russians know how to make good silencers. issue is weight and diminishing returns. if you could make Val 10% quieter but with 10% increase in weight, that would be a shit compromise.

> the hard part is the finding a way to make the barrel the silincer

Okay so you clearly have no fucking idea what you're talking about, so maybe try not pretending you do.

Not in the US as far as I'm aware, meaning $15k would get you a very nice pseudo-clone but not an exact duplicate. None of the parts or systems are complicated, but unless Russia manages to cough up the prints anybody making one would be doing it through fitment trial and error.

fuck you op just give me an ar in 9x39

give me a plan on how one would build an exact copy.

1. make plan
2. execute plan
3. enjoy as val
now delete your thread, this is retarded.

>suck Tula's dick for the plans
>hand plans to a competent machinist with an 07 FFL and SOT
>wait however long
>pay them loadsa moneys
>file 2x Form 4's (suppressor, SBR)
>receive semi-only, 2-stamp gun
>realize it's mediocre

About 9 years ago there was a few guys here on Jow Forums that were going to build and sell them in the US. If I recall they had a rough idea on most of the parts and even got some data on the internals of the gun from a guy in Russia, but I haven't heard of that project in awhile, can't imagine they got to a prototype.

If they're still around I'm sure they're share/sell the specs if they don't intend on continuing the project.

That was a very complicated trolling, basically all they had to show for it were some napkin drawings and a badly blurred pic of an illegally SBR'd AK105 after several months.

>fab
fag*
as in (you)

Attached: 1548055606028.jpg (640x440, 31K)

that's actually a workable idea.

1) find a guy in russia that has one
2) pay him to take high-rez pics
3) get him a high-quality micrometer so he can take quality measurements
4) contact him whenever you need more measurements info

>pay him to take high-rez pics
>spend $100+ on a micrometer for him
>he fucks off with your expensive-ass micrometer and whatever initial payment you gave him and you never hear from him again
BRILLIANT

not everyone is a fucking scumbag you moron. plus $100 for a micrometer is nothing if you promise to pay him few K at the end.

There's the guys at slagga but I think they're never gonna actually launch. It's been too long and they still haven't released anything meaningful or significant. Dead project
slaggamfg.com/products

No, but all Russians are scumbags.

Gonna have to second
here, they're just barely one step above the chinks in the "fucking off with assets and defrauding business deals" aspects. They're also short sighted, low-IQ addicts and the prospect of 2 days' worth of weed, a pint of cheap vodka, and maybe half a high's worth of krokodil from pawning that micrometer will win out over holding out for $3k USD for a couple months every single damn time.

There's a reason the only rich people in Russia are either crooked government officials or non-Russians.

found the buttmad kike

Lol really? Shows how out of the loop I've been.

I mean why not just build one? Get a barrel for it and form 1 a suppressor.

>6-lug bolt
>plunger ejector
>striker-fired
>APE cams on barrel
>cam lug on bolt body, not bolt lugs

Sure, just an AK action.

SR-3MP... thoughts?

Attached: 1530967618939.jpg (2250x1450, 403K)

WTF is wrong with the buttstock? Who the hell came up with that?
I heard that SR-3 (suppressor attached) is heavier than AS and not so great to use.

It's to use with those bulletproof visors, reddit

Oh really? Machine one together and see it blow up on you on your first shot then.

All the parts of ak, sks, svd, as val operate in a the same manner as per why the R&D did close to nothing to the exterior, as well as interior. More than anything they adjusted for the gas pressures of the calibers.

Been waiting for a thread like this.

What y'all think of taking a vz56 and cutting the receiver and associated parts down to the same receiver length as the vikhr and then having a .300 BO turned for it?
I feel like with some effort and welding you could get something that at least vaguely resembles the ASVAL/Vikhr. The real challenge would be getting ribbed .300 BO mags.

>muh vintorez
Paint the ceiling with your brains you absolute faggot.

They kinda sorta do but then their suppressorts are quite heavy hunks of steel which kills your point.

TsniiTochMash has such a cute logo.

this

I was you once, OP. Just buy an AR in .458 so I’m and suppress it. It’s better in every way.

* .458 socom

>AS Val

Attached: Opo.png (750x728, 702K)

.300 blk ar pistol is as close as you can get for the time being. Until tula actually sells the 9x39 they've been promising for less than a dollar per round

Anybody who actually makes things has no problem shortening fabrication to fab. Everyone in this thread is a big faggot fairy boy.

The closest you could reasonably get without access to technical schematics would be adapting the SVD operating mechanism to a shorter receiver.

A real one? Not a chance in your life
A clone that takes val mags? doable

piedmontcartridge.com/
>9x39mm integrally supressed AR-15

Just load your own. It's necked up 7.62x39 brass with a .357 bullet.

Attached: 9X39+8[1].jpg (1000x750, 298K)

This. 600gr subs are pretty cool in semi auto

Are you fucking stupid?

yeah, but you still have a shitty AR action in the end.

>i have no idea what i'm talking about: the post

It’s absolutely fucking not.

Attached: 5084A172-3034-4B35-8208-EDADF347BC50.jpg (285x177, 8K)

very interesting round

>All the parts of ak, sks, svd, as val operate in a the same manner
How can you be this wrong?

you're a tard. post less or just fuck off back to where you came from.

Attached: 1548986240752.jpg (1280x853, 391K)

Better than no gun at all, no?

the bullet diameter is .357 though, and the parent case is 7.62x39

>fab
Youre clearly not in the manufacturing industry if you dont use that term all the time

>Molot from what I can tell

Didn't they say they were going to make civilian VSS rifles?

Attached: 20170316_202012.jpg (2448x2448, 2.24M)

You will never own this Amerifat

Attached: 20170316_234117.jpg (2448x2448, 1.24M)

>when you don’t know guns but you try to post to seem like you’re not nu-Jow Forums.
Ya buddy, we’re gonna have to go ahead and ask you to lurk moar.

The fuck kind of crack are you smoking?

Holy fuck the general fucking ignorance of you idiots

You got everything from retards that think FNH has been consistently changing the formula for the secret sauce for the SCAR with changes made every month since it's fucking inception

To idiots like you bitching about shortening fabricate

Literally everybody uses Fab in industry. It's even a legally recognized shortening, same as THU being a shortening of "Through", and the dozens of other words that are industry standard and have been for the past fucking century you mong

Oh, wait, sorry, that's short for "Mongoloid", didn't want you to think too hard on that

Second, no, the SKS, AK, SVD, and just because I'm sure you'd mention it, the SVT have absolutely nothing in common with the VSS and the VAL series of rifles engineering wise. None. Nil. Zip. Ziltch. Zero.

You literally know so fucking little about engineering and design it's actually appalling that you flagrantly pretend you do

From an actual Mechanical Engineer, unironically kill yourself

do you have the CAD model of it?

Attached: vz58 to VSS.jpg (1980x815, 204K)

You can buy one from Tula Arms my friend
en.tulatoz.ru/produktsiya/grazhdanskaya-produktsiya/hunting-self-loading-carbine-ko-vss/
+
en.tulatoz.ru/produktsiya/grazhdanskaya-produktsiya/hunting-self-loading-carbine-ko-vss-01/

>if you have to ask you definitely can't afford it, faggot

At $15k you could probably develop your own integrally silenced fun. Keep in mind that even the ammo for the VAL is unobtainium in US, so you might as well modify something that's available.

In related news Wolf is importing 9x39mm ammo and is about to import a 9x39mm AR15 upper.
Krebs and a bunch of other boutique AK makers have made 9x39 custom guns in the past, so we'll see

Russia is bad/mediocre compared to the west but it isn't even fucking close to China and the 3rd world when it comes to business practices

It can either be mounted on the bottom of the pistol grip as pictured, for use with body armor and helmets with visors, or it can be quickly taken off and remounted on the reciever conventionally

It's far more similar to an SVD action than an AK action.

Begone Satan!

You think suppressors are hard to make? You can make them out of an oil filter, the rest of world has disposable ones made out of plastic. It's just the US's fucked up laws that make them expensive here. You have to spend $200 either way, so might as well machine something that will last forever.

They were for the Russian market only, and they would only sell to actual license holders for rifled firearms directly, not to dealers.

Okay I kekd

>plastic cans
What.

hmm... so it's possible to find one and a person who would be willing to chop it up?

Probably, but you'd have to spend some serious time getting dimensions, tempering and friction coefficients for important surfaces from the cut-up receiver.

The VSS/AS VAL platform (i know the VAL technically has different receiver), are not rifles that can be manufactured like AKs.
AK rifles are overgassed, hence their receivers don't need to have some space-magic-tier machining done on them for them to work. From what I can tell the VSS/VAL have a really low bolt velocity as a side effect of the bolt carrier only unlocking after most of the pressure is released (BCG cam only allows the bolt to rotate open after about 15mm). Any unaccounted friction between the BCG and guides which are in the receiver will lead to an unreliable rebuild.
After this 922R also comes into play....

Colonel Skull has one.
Traders occasionally have them in stock.
Expert level Duty and Monolith guys may be wielding them.

>git gud

File a form to import one with the Atf
Be the first civvie with one

They're called unobtainium for a reason.

nigger pls. russia's one of the biggest exporters of titanium in the world. and silencers are so simple it's dumb. which proves the point that you're a shithead.

What's wrong with liking niche guns faggot. Not everyone likes the common and boring as fuck ar platform