Oh nonono

defence-blog.com/news/russia-decides-to-scrap-its-legendary-nuclear-powered-battlecruisers-to-save-money.html

>The Russian Navy with state-owned nuclear power company Rosatom decided canceling planned service-life extensions and modernization on its two legendary nuclear-powered Kirov-class battlecruisers or heavy missile cruisers, according to Izvestiya newspaper.

Why not just sell it to the Chinese ;(

Attached: 6764819_original-1140x744.jpg (1140x744, 113K)

Other urls found in this thread:

forum.keypublishing.com/forum/modern-military-aviation/149000-su-57-news-and-discussion-version_we_lost_count/page57
youtu.be/8y06NSBBRtY
twitter.com/AnonBabble

>selling the Chinese your most advanced technology

>selling to your potential adversaries
Russia is weak and vulnerable, and China could have interests in the vast amount of land up north

>selling China a ship will endanger the far east wasteland.

which would be already decades old compared to what the Chinese have.

Attached: D4whdvbUwAA65vw.jpg (1200x817, 120K)

Siberia will be Chinese territory in 50 years.

Wow Scooter I had no Idea you browse Jow Forums

forum.keypublishing.com/forum/modern-military-aviation/149000-su-57-news-and-discussion-version_we_lost_count/page57

Nobody in China wants to live in Siberia.
Heilongjian is bad enough in winter.

My guess is by 2035. But that's just because I just read the invasion series. If we have to violently put down a neo-aztect rebellion in southern California in 2025 we'll know things are about to get real.

Attached: 51vvORDJjSL._SY445_QL70_.jpg (297x445, 32K)

I hope so

Nobody in Russia wants to live there either.

>keypublishing.com
back to arrse you go

Why not just sell it to Pepsi?

Attached: maxresdefault (1).jpg (1280x720, 167K)

Based book series.

My favorites

A lot of logging and mining operations in Siberia are being bought up by Chinese companies. Russia doesn't have enough capital to fund it.

How many fucking times do we have to have these same threads? The vatniks can have a modernized military. Or they can have a big military. But they do not have the funds for a big, modernized, military. They're making hard choices that will likely work out just fine for them.

Or they could have a modest, non-offensive military and focus on diversifying their economy and stimulating their pathetic birthrate. They will not have enough military aged males to properly defend their territory if they don't act quickly.

Attached: 1555642120722.png (900x900, 318K)

They should honestly just dump their money into their ground forces instead of trying to compete navally

Scooter has multiple IP addresses on this board. You can see how relatable that user is to nearly everyone on this board. look here.

How does it feel that the PLAN has a contract with Pepsi and not Coke

Attached: Pepsi Party.jpg (1200x675, 153K)

quit spamming your blog, faggot.

Attached: 1529012673870.jpg (1218x1419, 174K)

Make it a tourist attraction.

I love how the book has a character in every level of war. From the grunt all the way up to the president.
I also love how he gently explains how whites falling below 50% of the population will cause massive amounts of social dysfunction and strife. While still demonstrating that non-white individuals can be Noble and stalwart Americans.
It's also isn't a rah rah America number one story. America gets its ass handed to it at every turn. And a third of the country get irradiated.
Unfortunately the last book gets absurdly science fictional. But that's understandable as he is a science fiction author.

Attached: 51CcGG278eL._SL300_.jpg (300x300, 26K)

It's old news. You can find older articles on the scrapping of Lazarev and the others if you google some more.

Those books were retarded yet good

Yeah it didn't get too retarded until the last one. But even that one was fun to read.

This has been known for like half a decade user, they announced that those two cruisers were not in condition to be refurbished like Pyotr Velikiy or Admiral Nakhimov, so they had to be scrapped for safety. This isn't some bombshell.

Attached: Admiral Nakhimov Battlecruiser.jpg (2048x1634, 523K)

Russia is too obsessed with regaining its status as a great power to sacrifice offensive capability. It's unlikely they'll ever be a super power again, but it makes sense for the people to hold onto the idea. It's how I imagine the UK would've handled losing its empire if it had no close allies at the time, desperately holding on to the memories of a better time.

That's also why they can't sell to the Chinese.

>PLA
>Picking a shitty knockoff of an original product
Checks out

Kind of sad even as an Ameritard, the Kirov ships were pretty cool.

Yeah, I kinda wish the US had an equivalent.

>No battlecruisers
>No carrier
RIP RUN
They had a good... run

Is there a chance they will keep one as a museum around?

>It's unlikely they'll ever be a super power again, but it makes sense for the people to hold onto the idea.
Well, the legimation of the kleptocrat Putin and his fellow crooks depends massively on keeping Russia great and making it even greater (considering what a huge traume the 90s were) or more people than already have will realize what crooks are running the country while stealing anything that's not nailed down.

Any sauce on these claims about grand chancellor Putin?

well they sure as hell won't send Chinese workers. Someone gotta do the logging. There is actually a shortage of labor in China

The Russkies are a bunch of broke ass failures. kek.

AAAAAAH THIS IS ALL VATNIKS TALKED ABOUT WHEN IT CAME TO NAVY SHIT

Russia will literally sell to anyone. They're selling S-400's to Turkey whilst battling Turkish-backed militia's in Syria.

They also offered to sell the S-400 to Saudi Arabia and Israel.

Not without a nuclear exchange.

For 40 years the US public was told that the USSR would bury us if we didn't spend trillions to defend ourselves. But nobody paid too much attention to the former commander in chief of the allied forces during WW2 who was elected president of the USA and told us and the world to "Beware the military-industrial complex." Wars by first world nations are fought for profit by manufacturing concerns, not for any other reason.

Dwight David "Ike" Eisenhower was our last honest President. The rest have been crooks, stooges, puppets, morons, and niggers.

youtu.be/8y06NSBBRtY

They are finally scrapping the two that were docked for like, 30 years already.

Peter is not going anywhere. Nakhimov is still getting modernized.