Afghanistan: the graveyard of empires

You have the power of any superpower
How would Jow Forums win a war in Afghanistan?
How would you eliminate an insurgency and eradicate an ideology?

>hard mode: no nukes

Attached: afghanistan_admin-2009.jpg (2683x2205, 574K)

Go all-in and genocide everyone instead of pussyfooting around with hearts and minds.

I would leave it alone and check back every few years to see if they got their shit together.

Step 1: Destroy Pakistan.

Problem solved.

>t. Afghan vet

You can't. Not unless you completely wipe out the native populace. Here's a better question. Why would you want to?

But okay here goes.

Send in -insert commando unit here- to take out any anti air capabilities in the capital. If successfull bomb the holy shit out of it. Then roll in armor and mounted infantry. Take city infrastructure. Set up mother of all fobs. Level a dead zone around said FOB. Brutal pacification patrols to secure city.

Rinse and repeat

>afghanistan
>graveyard of empires
>not the pathetic whipping-boy of empires
Ask me how I can tell you don't study any history older than the 19th C

The Soviets were much more aggressive in Afghanistan than the US was and performed comparatively poorly. I don't think the problem is pussyfooting around.

No, it was because the US was arming the hajis with Stingers or other advanced weaponry.

yeah, pretty much.

I was joking with the Pakistan thing (sort of)

The problem with Afghanistan and the reason no one will fix it until they want to be fixed is the tribal nature of Astan. None of the tribes want to work together and will actively fuck each other over and will refuse to cooperate. The ANA is almost entirely Northerners from previously pro-Northern Alliance provinces. The ANP are all locals who are literally taliban. The place is fucked until the locals actually want the help.

similar thing happened in 'Nam, LBJ was a pussy and refused to accept that Laos and Cambodia weren't working with the US. Nixon had the right idea and is unironically in the top 5 presidents of all time.

By not treating it like a single country. Promise everyone more autonomy under your rule, then limit the central government to the areas it actually rules. Aknowledge local leaders. The majority of Afghans don´t really give a shit about the country called Afghanistan, they´re just trying to endure the distant leadership of whoever is in charge. If you can offer them something better then the current situation they´ll be keen to settle.

>the graveyard of empires
Lol. Implying.
More like the sandbox of empires, where superpowers go test their weapons and tactics on a hostile but not really dangerous population.

Yup. It's not a lack of military power that's the issue. Military intervention won't change Afghanistan's underlying society.

Nixon was smart. Too bad he was super insecure about literally everything in his life. He didn't need to steal that information from the DNC to win reelection, and without that scandal, he probably would've been considered on par with Kennedy or Reagan in terms of respected presidents.

Attached: jacob hurd smith.jpg (960x720, 256K)

>Afghanistan

>anti-air

>How would Jow Forums win a war in Afghanistan?
See second anglo afghan war.

Easy.
Kill all males age ten and up.
Let your soldiers take their women and land when they're done.
Your clay now and forever.

go in and get rid of taliban and search for osama and after it plays out and we find him in pakistan conveniently instead we leave instead of trying to build a nation out of tard tribals

>You have the power of any superpower

I'll take Flash's power and remove every weapon from Afghanistan at superspeed. I then warn Putin that if any russian derived weapons show up in Afghanistan from that point forward, I will use my superspeed to shit in his mouth.

You gotta bomb the bacha bazi. It's the only thing of value to them.

I would leave it alone. And nuke Israel.

Kill everyone. If no WMDS allowed just fire bomb every populated area and set up kill squads to go into every cave and kill everyone, if the resistance is too tough just drop a FOAB and keep going.

Send in the US Marine Corps with absolutely NO RULES
ROE says if they're a man, kill them
Literally kill every man in the country and let the muhreens rape all the women they want
There'll be a new generation of afghan-amerimutt rape babies

Do you know what ROE means

Rules of engagement you nigger

this
the graveyard of empires thing is purely a liberal turn of phrase that was coined by some faggot way back in early years of the war
every single invader that set foot in afghanistan has more or less brutalized the region because afghanis are shit fucking goat farmers with no national identity and barely any tribal identity beyond "those other assholes the next village over who we sometimes trade with but will remorselessly turn on them for trinkets and clean water"

sweep through and put everyone in pointless and brutal nazi tier slavery and kill everyone who raises even the slightest fuss about it

Attached: 1441130484959.jpg (414x446, 99K)

>get raped by taliban who are even more motivated

I'd leave em alone.

you have to do it right if you want to conquer the area, and wipe the slate clean. get bomb collars to ensure their compliance.

Attached: Screenshot 2019-04-23 at 5.02.34 PM.png (502x443, 233K)

>the graveyard of empires thing is purely a liberal turn of phrase that was coined by some faggot way back in early years of the war
It's older than that, but you are correct that it's factually bullshit.

Based and smithpilled

(me)
To continue, there's a long list of empires that have taken and held Afghanistan. Name them and most of the dipshits here will recognize one or two. The additional point that these empires got kicked out of Afghanistan by even tougher invading empires, not kicked out by the Pashtuns, is lost on those kids