What got you into guns Jow Forums?

I never fired a firearm before, what do you guys recommend?

Attached: tenor.gif (498x308, 657K)

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Smith_&_Wesson_Model_10
thesurvivalistblog.net/smith-and-wesson-model-10-review/
youtube.com/watch?v=lGcr5JsYcW0
youtube.com/watch?v=jsqKeQhobOM
youtube.com/watch?v=WyuWY3NU3e8
gunbroker.com/Revolvers/search?PageSize=96&Sort=4&View=1&mfg=1000259&mo=3001877&Condition=4
youtube.com/watch?v=X1nu5SWdV4E
youtube.com/watch?v=CEHtRkyTe-0
twitter.com/AnonBabble

My red ryder and Henry minibolt. It was probably vidya that hit it home though.

I got robbed when I was 16. Immediately went out and got a shotgun after that, and a handgun when I turned 21. I've just been shooting and collecting since.

There are so many affordable options now as an American that you almost can't go wrong. You can get a pump or double barrel shotgun to blast away at shit with a 12 gauge. AR 15s of OK quality are ridiculously cheap right now. 22s and bolt actions of many calibers can be had anywhere. You can get a solid pistol for

I grew up on a healthy diet of Schwarzenegger and kurt russell.
>specifically this fucking scene

Attached: T2-e1472563368946-970x544.jpg (970x544, 97K)

the constant threats of gun bans

Wasting milk jugs full of water and cans in the desert with my pops as a kid. He-Mad had a sword. But I had a RIFLE.

Firing a gun. I recommend you fire a gun.

I was a red blooded republican truned libertarian who saw how rights we're being taken away and I should get them while they are still legal.

Also, I really enjoyed seeing them work.

I'd like to say video games, but I always have had a facination with firearms, this massive deathstick, its like a force unimaginable

>What got you into guns Jow Forums?
I like tools, like most men.
Firearms are another tool to be used.

Obama telling me I shouldn't have one.

The PS2 CoDs got me into milsurp, after I got a nugget, it was all downhill from there.

>be zoomer
My fudd relatives that durr hunt was the first spark and vidya did the rest.

I would fake being sick a fuck load growing up so I didn't have to go to school (fucking niglet bullies and white trash). And seeing how daytime television was a snores fest in the early to late 2000s, I went to the History Channel. All the documentaries about wars and stuff really got me interested, the guns included. Then I found the Military Channel (RIP) and all they did was talk about military armaments half the time. Really got me interested in weapons as a whole.

>also got me in trouble at school because i liked sketching guns a lot during downtime in class

Attached: 1525205735452.jpg (490x665, 43K)

Lmao are you me? I have red hair so middle school was a bit rough for me, faked being sick so I could stay home and watch the military and history channel instead too. World War 2 in Color is what got me into weapons and war history

Attached: B754BF71-F684-4D09-B4E8-6BBEE21FB6CF.jpg (750x936, 76K)

Watching Jow Forums related anime got me into guns.

Attached: 220px-Black_Lagoon_vol01.jpg (220x308, 32K)

i grew up in a family obsessed with hunting and the military also if you are completely new and also a bit poor you could try a simple .22 rifle of any kind theyre really fun starters and dont burn a hole in your pocket

Video games, particularly Grand Theft Auto IV, Dead Island, Battlefield 4 and Ghost Recon: Future Soldier.
Get a Glock 19, gen 5 (or 4 if the grooves fit your fingers, those finger grooves fits my hand like a glove) - MOS. Do not deviate from this, do not get some dumbass memepistol that isn't going anywhere and isn't worth shit. Your first gun is something you'll keep forever, and won't sell. Mine is a Mossberg 500 Marinecote, the electroless-nickel plating or whatever actually smells good. Never going to get rid of it. Also, sit down and thoroughly think out the guns you want to buy. I used to buy dumb cheap shit all of the time, I'm going for quality over quantity.

Medal of Honor: Frontline

The D-day opening level followed by Jimmy P's pinging to death of nazi bad guys innabunker with his Garand. I wanted to take that fucker with me through the whole game. But no, they made me use a fucking MP40 for most of it.

Grew up on a farm in the south. Shot all kinds of guns growing up, including an old civil war heirloom my grandfather has that any of us men in the family have only shot once each. I didn't catch the bug till I bought a no4mk1 and a wasr 10 from an estate sale when I was 18 for a few hundred shekels. Its been all downhill from there. On an ak fix right now and I'm saving to get a rifle dynamics 5.45.

USPSA got me in to handgun shooting.

There are two schools of thought on what to buy first: is one way, a full-steel 9mm is another way (CZ75b is my personal recommendation, and was my first gun; they're just as reliable as a Glock but with a manual safety if that helps you sleep at night.)

Another angle to take is rifle/shotgun shooting. If you're interested in rifle shooting, buy a Ruger 10/22 and git gud with it, then buy a bolt gun in a more powerful, more expensive caliber.

This advice only really applies if you want to actually hit shit. If all you care about is haha big boom, any full size handgun that fits your hand is a fine choice. Just don't come crying to us when all your groups are low and left.

i don't understand the question
I have a penis. I'm not even half joking
was playing cops and robbers as a small child with friends, guns were always cool to me.

Being only mildly curious in them as a child but having my by-the-book-definition-fudd family make efforts to keep me away from them. It made them even more interesting because I was told no. Now I'm full SHALL and unironic recreational nuclear bombs so that worked out well.

A combination of lots of members in my family having served in the military, living in detroit, videogames, and a desire to make liberals angry.

Started with playing bb fights in the woods, eventually moved onto paintball and getting interested in the mechanical and engineering side of markers. Airsoft wasn't a thing when I was a kid so I immediately jumped into real gatz yo!

Attached: fx9ya7F.jpg (584x388, 53K)

I live in Finland and my dad has always been into guns.

He started teaching me how to shot when I was about 5 years old. Just a simple small .22 colt peacemaker replica at first, then moving into bigger and more elaborate guns.

By the time I was 10 I was shooting with military assault rifles. My uncle was working for the military so he had all sorts of guns. once when we were visiting them, he took us to the range and they taught me how to shoot with RK-62.

By the time I was in Jr. high school my dad got laid off from his work (the company went bust) so he retrained himself as a gunsmith and opened a small gun repair workshop. Every time he went to test fire some gun, he took me with him.

by the time of Sr. high school I had shot with like 200+ different types of guns. This picture is from a local gun enthusiast convention. A bunch of locals just had a little get-together and had a shit-ton of different guns. you could shoot with any of them for free, if you just bought the ammo.
I have shot with every gun in that picture. There were several such shooting galleries there, even one for machine guns. They shot a full belt of ammo on a big rock and it split in two from sheer heat expansion (it was hit with so many bullets in such a rapid succession that the rock got heated up). Sorry for the poor quality, it was a long time ago and digital cameras weren't so good back then.

What got me into guns? I've always been into guns as long as I remember. I guess I just got it "in mothers milk".

Attached: guns1.jpg (418x599, 270K)

What got me into guns? idk always liked them. When playing games as a kid I would go and look up info on the guns I liked in the games and it stemmed from there. as for what to try for a first time shot? My range had packages for un-licensed people (canada) that ranged from one or two pistols to 5+ guns. I paid 200 syrup bucks to shoot a glock, norinco 1911, ar-15, VZ-58, some 357 mag, a 12g pump, CZ Scorpion, Kriss Vector and a .50bmg out of a Barrett. try and find something like that, try them all and find what you like more.

I feel like I had 3 factors in order of importance.

>vidya
I used to be absolutely obsessed with video games as a kid, and they were 90% shooters in some shape or form. Dead Frontier was my first major game obsession and their use of real guns got me interested hard since it was so difficult to acquire the better guns, so all I was able to do was read up on them. It remains the biggest reason I own a Raging Bull and half of the reason it's become my favorite gun.

>very limited access
I got a bb gun when I was 6 and did not own another projectile firing object until I turned 20 and got a P320 as a boot camp graduation gift from my dad. I probably shot a real gun less than 10 times between that since my dad wasn't very into guns at that time and we never had a lot of money for rentals at a range. For this reason, guns were always a thing I wasn't barred from, but I had so little access to, it was an awesome opportunity every time I got to shoot and I savored every second.

>actually shooting
Holding and working the action of a gun is inherently satisfying. It's a mechanical tool that is designed for peerless operation by a single person. Every moving part, every aesthetic detail, and every shot feels correct. Shooting simply makes sense when you start doing it. This is especially true for manual-action guns and above all else, pump shotguns.

Everybody's first experience with guns should be with a Mossberg 500 or Remington 870. The strong but not painful recoil of medium loads sends the concussion through your entire body and working the action gives positive audible and tactile feedback for every shot. You can actually feel the levers and joints working together as you pump a shotgun and it's like feeling the engine rev while accelerating in a fast car.

Growing up in a family that wasn't necessarily antigun but didn't want guns in the house. Didn't get to shoot a gun until a family friend took me to a range to rent a shitty Glock at 14. Grew up with airsoft and pellet guns. The first thing I did when I moved out was buy an AR and have now spent about 4000$ over like the next 3 years in random guns just because of reasons such as I had this gun as a kid in a airsoft format and always really wanted one for real. It is the biggest reason I bought an M9 over more practical handguns to start out

I probably got into guns because all my childhood heroes had guns (Starsky & Hutch, A-Team, Tour of Duty, Cobra Space Adventures, Captain Harlock, City Hunter, James Bond...).

History. One day I just got curious about the firearms used during WWII, and my interest just took off from there.

Attached: 1542149064810.jpg (640x630, 218K)

I don’t know what specifically, I know what I like about them now though, their history, the engineering involved and just how much fun it is to shoot them. Really, guns just roll all my interests into one neat package

Being from Texas

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Smith_&_Wesson_Model_10

thesurvivalistblog.net/smith-and-wesson-model-10-review/

youtube.com/watch?v=lGcr5JsYcW0

youtube.com/watch?v=jsqKeQhobOM

youtube.com/watch?v=WyuWY3NU3e8

gunbroker.com/Revolvers/search?PageSize=96&Sort=4&View=1&mfg=1000259&mo=3001877&Condition=4

www.thesixgunjournal.net/a-revolver-buyers-checklist/

youtube.com/watch?v=X1nu5SWdV4E

youtube.com/watch?v=CEHtRkyTe-0

Attached: Model 10.jpg (1024x647, 178K)

Unironically an SKS

Attached: Shootin'4.jpg (1676x939, 162K)

Band of Brothers is one of the main reasons the M1 Garand was my first gun.

Attached: ThirdShorttermIberianlynx-size_restricted.gif (445x250, 3.97M)

I shot guns in the boy scouts a lot, got me interested in the field since we were only allowed .22s and 20 gauge single shot shotguns and I craved variety. My dad is a libfag tho and wouldn't let me keep any guns in the house because he felt unsafe with them around. Jokes on him though, I just kept them under my bed and he was none the wiser. Bought a safe when I moved out and I've been collecting ever since.