Anyone here sew their own tactical gear?

anyone here sew their own tactical gear?

Attached: OMEGA-WF30IND-1.jpg (1200x900, 109K)

I've seen repairs but never made my own, though I've been interested in trying to. Do you OP?

No because the time and investment to buy a powerful enough sewing machine and to learn to use it is far from worth it.

We have an advance economy where people specialize in a single skill or trade. For someone to try to do everything themselves would be a waste of time. It is better to buy it from someone who knows what they are doing.

If you your Mom has all the equipment and your a NEET with time to kill; knock yourself out.

>learning a skill not worth it
>pleb spacing
>anti-diy
>your
nu-k is has gone to shit. I bet you have a tavor

Making shirts and jackets to get the hang of it at the moment.

Fuck this guy

Attached: 1491029921248.jpg (545x767, 96K)

I unironically want to, but time and money constraints have held me back so far. Also, good material is kind of hard to get without ordering it online. And I would like to design it all in CAD first but I don't really know how to for fabric stuff.

we have these things called books

You literally just described brave new world and the core reason that society was cucked beyond repair.

You should probably just look up patterns, I'm pretty sure they're all over the internet.

God do i want to but then i realize if you haven't thought about what gear you want for a good 3 years, then its gonna look stupid or you're gonna find it on ebay
Image an old BDU but red flannel

Attached: 1497739885557.jpg (1929x1985, 635K)

They already make this user

Attached: 7762FD6C-2D6E-4F88-992D-8BF3762EB646.jpg (1080x1080, 194K)

I'm making a red flanno vest lined with fleece right now
Red flanno is the cloth of kings

Attached: 1549053663835.gif (277x193, 1022K)

nuh uh. where's the bottom pockets homo faggot.

This is what I'm talking about, there's always some fudge packer who has had the idea already and already services that niche. Literally i had to do was go onto an anonymous char cloth pressing max prison forum and state what I wanted.

I have specific taste that i picked up from a specific sub set of people who just so happen to love the same things i do while never meeting them.

Fucc off. I'm mad that my small business idea got stolen before i even got started. Where the only chance of actually doing anything worth while is going semi custom mass production or waiting until the everyone and their mother start loving soldiers and their gear. Even then i'll wind up washed up like some roller derby steroid injecting wamen.

Fucc Fucc Fucc Fucc Fucc Fucc Fucc Fucc

Attached: 1524363628876.png (960x644, 121K)

retard

Hey man I own a Tavor and I'm not telling people learning new skills is a waste...

I own an industrial sewing machine and I used to do upholstery. I’ve thought about doing tactical gear or even soft armor but I’m so busy with my regular job that it just hasn’t happened.

Haven't yet, but I have made a shop apron out of heavy-duty weatherproof OD canvas. Bought a large piece of the stuff to stitch an AR15 carry case or plate carrier with carpet thread/waxed leather stitch thread. Does anyone have some gear pics for inspo? Any recommended webbing to use?

Attached: 71sWPql6DHL._SX522_.jpg (522x522, 63K)

>anyone here sew their own tactical gear?

Attached: silence-nakedbill.png (1305x727, 1.46M)

I'm in the midst of this. I'm going to take a thin riggers belt, and set it up for running. Affix a holster, and then use elastic fabric and some kind of backing (nylon?) to keep spare mags, phone, keys, etc, held in tight so I can conceal everything under a shirt.

Any ideas on belts, holsters, or backing material? I'm gonna use a P64 I think.

I don't make anything from scratch but I certainly repair and modify stuff. Like adding a cross chest strap to a bag or adding an extra loop for attaching stuff.

I have sewn a number of costumes for larping and cosplay events. Done some leatherwork too for same purpose. Planning my first tactical gear item now though; an equipment vest that'll allow me to wear up to two radios or replace them with equipment pouches as needed. Key feature will be a slimness of design that'll allow me to wear the vest under a jacket. I may or may not build in a pistol holster.

Same here, pretty much. I've never made any complicated tactical or gun gear from scratch, but I've modified things, made straps and slings, etc.

>No because the time and investment to buy a powerful enough sewing machine and to learn to use it is far from worth it
Nonsense, IMO. Sewing machines are not expensive these days, and it's not hard to learn how to use one. Learning how to design clothing from scratch? THAT is a serious skill. But the basic operation of a sewing machine is something you can learn in an hour. And while I agree it's dumb as fuck for most people to sew their own clothes from scratch, it's very useful for alterations, modifications, etc. Everyone ought to know how to mend a seam and sew on buttons too, it's simple shit that's useful and takes barely 5 minutes to learn, and that doesn't even require a machine.

inb4 the mtfs.

Just to add to that: I have a sewing machine. I don't use it. I sew for hand. Takes longer, and the result is more uneven, but it brings me happiness to create something useful just from material, thread and needle. If I wanted the garment fast I could just buy it.

He is correct that the grade of sewing machine you need is far beyond your grandparents tiny old singer sewing machine. But incorrect in the idea that knowing how to sew proficiently is anything other than a few tries while watching some you tubes and a skill you'll keep forever. That said the type of stitching and materials needed to make military grade armor is far above the cost of just buying a well made piece, so all you tard jumping on stop and think for once.

A working used industrial walking foot machine can be had for $1000. Probably less. So basically less than many people here pay for a gun, you can own a potentially income producing tool.

It does take a lot of time to learn how to make quality textile products. Materials like ballistic nylon or cordura arent that expensive by the yard if you use non-retail suppliers. Kevlar weave is also available on the market for reasonable prices, though you'd have to go through a lot of trouble to engineer proper armor from scratch and have it NIJ tested/approved.

Its doable, but it isnt exactly easy and requires a large investment of personal time to develop the techniques. Theres that guy on here who makes custom plate carriers, and as someone who did automotive upholstery for 5 years and owns my own machine i have a lot of respect in the time that goes into patterning, cutting, and assembling each one of those items.

Sometimes you just want something that nobody sells or they sell something that’s not exactly what you need. You get creative. Sometimes people do unfeasible things to get what they want. You are less than a lazy good-for-nothing nigger and you should KSGYS at your earliest convenience

>Hey man I own a Tavor
Irrelevant besides proving your a zionist cuck

>I'm not telling people learning new skills is a waste...
but that's exactly what you did

Attached: a.png (445x365, 103K)

he's clearly not the same person, you fucking retard

go to hell. i aint got time to read between the lines. i got shitpostin to do.

Attached: 1555885586519.gif (360x263, 623K)

Hi Chang. We have more free time than people have had since the hunter gatherer days and sewing machines are retardedly efficient compared to manual sewing. Doing something for yourself is a mentally healthier and more efficient use of your time than posting here.