You're in a fight to the death with another man equal to your size...

You're in a fight to the death with another man equal to your size. You're offered either an aluminum baseball bat or a six inch non-serrated knife. Knowing the other weapon you don't choose goes to your opponent, which would you choose?

Attached: images.jpg (300x168, 7K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=9DXb1z25hnI
youtu.be/a-YFy7DCHCw
youtu.be/lQcZ5_ok_4c
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

The bat. IMO reach is more important, and the blunt force is adequate.

knife. Baseball bat hurts but wont kill or incapacitate unless you get a really good hit the head in. with a knife you close the gap quick and go stab happy anywhere.

Bat. Reach is king as long as youre not a slow slob. I am smol too.

Bat.

As anyone who's been hit with a bat at full swing can attest, land that fucker anywhere on the cunt's body and he's going down. Metal bat to boot, guaranteed to pulverize that muscle.
Blunt hits might not be as visceral, but hammers, shovels and bats work just as well at putting someone down as a decent knife.

Baseball bat. Just keep a distance. If he goes in knife first hand out things going to get broken fairly quickly. If he's too defensive I'd try bashing him in the shins or knees while running past. If he's really determined it's going to turn into a cardio battle even if someone is faster it turns into a persistence thing at full sprint. Usually when I'm in shape I can keep that sort of thing up for quite a while.

Bat. Reach is important and you don't have to swing for the Moon to hurt an opponent. Just choke up and duel with love taps until you can get a good blow. I'm tall with long arms.

Bat. I used to play baseball, I have extremely excellent hand/eye coordination. Good luck other guy.

Bat

He’s gonna run right at you with that knife, swing for the fences.

This is a tough one for me. I'm a 5'10" manlet without great reach, but I'm not smol.

On the one hand, I have relatively decent speed and I could put some serious power behind a baseball bat. But on the other hand if knifeguy manages to dodge my first swing and uses that as an opportunity to step inside my guard, the bat isn't going to do me too much good against the knife in CQC. I've seen firsthand what even a small knife can do to the human body, which bothers me about this scenario.

My first instinct tells me to go with the bat, but I wouldn't come right out of the gate with a strong swing to mitigate the possibility of a miss. I'd probably use it in a one-handed grip at first from a sideways stance to maximize my reach, pinging away at his joints and pain points with fast strikes until he opens me up to hit him with a haymaker. The reach of the bat makes me feel much more comfortable.

the bat. anyone that thinks they can win that fight with an itty bitty knife is a larping faggot

Attached: 1540622280147.jpg (546x896, 54K)

I take the fucking bat and then take a hike as quickly as possible.
I'm not getting into ANY sort of physical contact with anyone if there's a knife involved in either party. I have seen what knife-fights leave behind and I want absolutely none of that.
>inb4 but muh fight to the death

Attached: DQM.png (163x358, 13K)

The Bat. Here's the thing I've learned, being in several knife fights; the opponent always has the option to take your weapon. A metal bat is slippery when grabbed from directly in front of it, but a knife, you can grab his wrist and twist.

Plus, you can knock the shit out of his hand until he drops the knife, giving you a weapon and not him.

You have 1 chance to hit and make him go down with the bat, then you're as good as unarmed.
I take the knife, then get the fuck out of the confrontation.
If the fucker gives chase it will be easier to close the gap if he's already moving towards me, or use a corner to ambush, plus it's harder to swing while sprinting.

I've witnessed the opposite. I've seen bats taken away from the batter by the battee more than once.

On the flipside, a properly held knife is very difficult to remove from a clenched hand without cutting off your fingers.

Bat. Hard to close with someone when your kneecap is sideways.

Anyone who says bat is a moron. You get one, and I mean one chance to get a good swing in. If that swing isn't incapacitating, he is going to get into grappling range and can put in life ending stabs ridiculously fast. Even a stab to the wrist, thigh, or pelvis is lethal, let alone the upper chest, throat, or face.

> inb4 I'll just hit him bro lmao
Yeah if you're going up against someone with an ounce of athleticism and intelligence, they're not going to run at you in a linear fashion like a zombie you brainlets. They can feint, hop in and out of range and every time they feint you have to wind up which expends a lot of energy and also every feint the knife guy makes gives him info on your movement patterns when you respond. I've been training mma for a long time and this how real fights go down, people don't just walk forward. Not to mention, to get a truly incapacitating hit with the bat it's going to have to be to the head or chest. You theoretically could break an arm but that's not a fight ender in a life struggle. Bottom line is, the bat is less lethal, WAY slower and every time you swing he is going to know it's coming cause of the slow speed, and absolutely useless at grappling or clinch range. The only advantage the bat has over the knife is reach, which anyone with some speed and fight IQ could easily overcome.

9/10 times knife guy wins. No question.

Bat

How would you win with the knife unless the bat guy misses? Just clock that fucker in the head and bash his head in while he's out.

Attached: 1545620324871m.jpg (1024x682, 41K)

Better hope your one chance doesn't fail...

Attached: 0119BKS-B.jpg (770x513, 21K)

> just hit him in the head lmao
Nice logic. There's this great idea called dodging, which is quite easy to do with long and telegraphed swing.

> just dodge him and stab his throat lmao
This is what you sound like. Learn to make a logical argument.

>one chance
the fuck is wrong with everyone that you think you would have one chance with the bat. ever held an aluminum bat? you can move that thing as freely as you can move your arm. sure if you mistake yourself for a darksoles boss and make a massive 180° sweep with nothing but your wrists, like a fucking retard, then you might get one shot.

Sprint away with the knife, the second he gives chase, stop and turn, he’ll either slam into you closing the gap giving you the advantage, or try to stop and stumble, letting you close the gap.

Stab all the popular spots, don’t bother with ribs, go straight for the arteries

Assuming your target will just stand there and let you take multiple bat swings at him?

Assuming your target couldn't dodge/deflect blows from a bat?

Assuming people can't rush in with lightning quickness, and stab you in the heart or neck with ease, thus ending your life almost instantly?

do you do a naruto run when you activate your lightning quickness? I bet your holding the knife in an ice pick grip as well.

Of course! Everybody knows it's the only way...

Hoo boy, lot of bullshit to unpack, I'll just take the highlights.

>they're not going to run at you in a linear fashion
No, they probably will, people are idiots on a good day, add terror and adrenaline dump and they are animals.
>I've been training mma for a long time and this how real fights go down
Jesus fucking Christ, here we go.
>feint until he tires out while memorizing his moveset
This doesn't even happen in the fake fights you practiced for glamour points at the gym. A fight with a lethal weapon is going to be over before you manage to work whatever ninja bullshit you fantasize about.
>a truly incapacitating hit with the bat it's going to have to be to the head or chest
You ever fight with a broken knee? Ever held onto a knife with a smashed hand? Why would you dismiss those while thinking a blunt hit to the chest is incapacitating?
>the bat is less lethal
Just flat wrong.
>WAY slower
Try actually working out.
>absolutely useless at grappling or clinch range
You really think a full baseball swing is the only way to hurt someone with a bat?
>The only advantage the bat has over the knife is reach
Even if that were true it would be enough.
>fight IQ
Start dropping buzzwords faster next time, so I know not to bother reading your nonsense.

1/10, dumb-ass.

Lots of votes for bat.

Gotta say, it's a tough choice. Whoever fucks up first is basically open

Baseball bat.
Even randomly swinging a bat gives you a chance to knock them out or the knife out of their hand.

A GUN

CORRECTO MUNDO

Attached: 1552797728453.jpg (537x755, 143K)

Bat.

youtube.com/watch?v=9DXb1z25hnI

my superior nipponese katana

you'll only get time for one shot and I'll just dodge and open your fucking throat

Attached: 1547479707154.jpg (180x192, 8K)

knife
>throw it at him MW2 style
>if I miss just run the fuck away
easy enough

The knife, if I close the distance on His backswing, I can manage to get close enough to slit his throat.

Bat. Most knife wounds the other guy can inflict in those first few seconds of contact would be non-lethal slashes and stabs to the forearms and torso. You can still swing a bat with bleeding cuts, but you can't really swing a knife with a shattered clavicle and fractured skull.

>backswing
Doubt the other guy is going to be practicing for his MLB career.

This. The most important part of winning a knife fight is avoiding being stabbed. If you have reach, you have a tremendous advantage. Also, an Aluminum bat is going to cause all kinds of havoc wherever you hit the dude. You smash him in the temple and it's fucking over. Just wail on his ribs and knees while he tries to defend with his arms and eventually he'll go down giving you the chance for the killing blow.

>Bat-tards
If a dude with a knife gets underneath your reach, even if you're ready to swing (let alone stuck recovering on the back swing) you're dead. It's over. It doesn't matter if you broke his arm. You're dead.
So unless you one swing KO him on his way in (not going to happen) then you're losing your life.
Pic unrelated

Attached: 1548570113612.png (1210x689, 17K)

>You get one chance, and then it's over
Why do so many people think this? There's nothing "slow" about a baseball bat. It's meant to hit something coming towards it at 80-100mph.

I would take the bat every time.

>the last thought of someone before they bled out on the pavement

A knife. I suppose that I can figure something out to protect myself from the bat and I wouldn't be able to protect myself from the knife wounds as good.
It takes more time to kill with a bat rather than with a knife

If there was only a way to test this

>Block knife lunge downward with bat
>Pivot and smash his fucking teeth with the pommel
You're the same kind of retard that believes a sword blade is the only thing that can be used to kill, huh? You idiots need to research how combat actually worked in ye olded tymes. Your theory doesn't hold up.

There is. Take a training knife, a training fight stick (like one of those people use in arnis training course) and two helmets with face protection.
Also,to increase the chances for a knife guy, it would be nice to let him use a jacket as a shield. Or just give him a buckler.

or you get 2 niggers, a bat, a knife and a smidge of crack
Much more accurate process that can be constantly repeated to verify results

knife, I need to kill this person quickly

gay hema larper gets shived to death after breaking a left arm with a bat

>Accurate
If you bother yourself with accuracy, why don't you try it yourself? Or you lack the cojones?

Maybe he's not a moron

Nah, he is. There are no wise people on Jow Forums

To observe results you need to be alive mate
Kinda important

What? You swing the pommel in from their strongside. There's nothing there to block you. This is straight up laid out in medieval manuals. There's nothing knew under the sun, and especially in melee combat. You can't magic your way around literally thousands of years of armed combat in which all this shit has been tried and the results of which influenced melee weapon development throughout our history. Short weapons fell by the wayside for a reason.

Bat because I'm bulky so I'm definitely not avoiding being hit with the bat.

>Medieval
Don't ignore more modern manuals, like Thibaut or Carranza.
Also, the trouble with the short blade weapons is that they were put under restrictions, for example, in certain countries it was forbidden to carry a dagger without a sword.

look at all these whiteoids who never fought before

I'm gonna shove that bat up your ass and turn you into a popsicle

wanna score some crack?

Bat. Can atleast finally put my shitting baseball batting to practice.

You can form an observation group.

And miss out on niggers fighting over crack?
Fuck no

Watching junkies fighting is not as amusing as you might think. It's more interesting watching the skilled fighters with clear mind

Attached: IMG_3267.jpg (1024x576, 71K)

Maybe he's Italian or gypsy

Crack Gladiators > fighting SPORTS

Attached: 1491133716242.jpg (2183x1467, 1.49M)

Why not hispanics? They're also quite into knife culture

sounds good to me
infact I reckon those blood thirsty fuckers will get off to this and keep doing it for fun

Speaking as someone who has been stabbed and beaten with a bat...
Give me the knife.

I'm always packing heat. I'm taking a shit right now and got two guns at my feet. A knife and a bat are decent if you're opponent is unarmed, but when he's got a weapon, a gun can't be beat. I'm just living in the real world not playing your game, so don't say I cheat.

Does janny ban people for bestgore links here?
I could post several knife fights here

No point really, there's always gore threads going non stop on /gif/ anyway
I guess links would be harmless anyway
Worst case scenario you get off Jow Forums for a few days and improve your life

Knife.

Taking the bat is retarded and you will get one swing which likely won't connect on the barrel. Meanwhile the knife guy can slash you open and then wait.

I've seen some gore stay up for a while. Watching niggas getting rekt, can't help but smile. Janny comes along serving bans like a trial. I wouldn't try it unless you wanna toss another b& IP on the pile.

Bat, 20 times out of 10.

This post is really good.

If the swing has no follow through it won't have any power

The bat. Then I toss it right into my opponent's face, then close in to wrest away the knife and finish them off.

Tell us your story user

I think everyone is underestimating just how long 6 inches is. I mean its actually quite large, definitely larger than average. I would be completely satisfied and pleased with a 6 inch knife. Wanting anything more is basically impractical, 6 inch is perfect

a knife fight is not something any one should get into both parties will end up with many lacerations and will probably bleed to death regardless of the victor.

Right.
Looks like the videos I wanted to post are taken down or I can't get behind the censorship blocking.
So here's some YouTube vids.
youtu.be/a-YFy7DCHCw
youtu.be/lQcZ5_ok_4c
As one guy said, Colombians use icepick grips because of some law tricks regarding the duels and wounds dealt in a fight

if both of them die, does one truly win?

It's not a hitman game with guided bags hitting people behind corners. IRL throwing your weapon out is one of the worst ideas.

Depends on the fighter. Like if you are a big dude then go for the bat, but like my mma coach is a strawweight fighter and hes better off with a knife

If they're black, humanity wins

Knife man comes within range, I puck the fuck out of him with a swing

Simple

Fuck I wish cunts could hold a camera still

6inch is about 15 cm - about average wwii-era combat knife length. Historical knife fighters in the era before reliable firearms became a thing used blades between 15 to 43 cm.

Attached: 1538835611657.png (341x314, 151K)

>Knife blocks with free hand
>Takes his time stabbing you to death

Well, it was a bad idea to get into a death-match in the first place, so let's not write off dirty tricks so easily.

Where the fuck do you live that you've seen this more than once?

It's not a dirty trick, it's a stupid truck. Dirty trick is like throwing a handful of sand or tobacco in your enemy's face, or hitting him the same moment you went out on the street. But throwing your only weapon out is reckless, stupid and requires lots of skill and luck

Not all suburbs are white
>mate talks about his schools excursion to the western suburbs full of sudo's and charlie
>bus had to turn around because some vietnamese guy was going berserk off crack and wielding a machete in the middle of the street
A lot can change with a 10 minute drive down the street
Fuckers stole my mower aswell the cunts, literally second last day in the ghetto and I really needed to cut the grass too

>Gree up white in a neighborhood that used to be white
>Now it's Mexican and black
>Walk to school all the time
Now, I have many tales from my pre high school days, but high school is the relevant bits
>Going to school
>Stop at the bodega and grab my ass some Arizona ice tea
>Mexicans yank my ass out of the bodega by my backpack and proceed to beat me with some Louisville sluggers, and one uses a two by four
>Start yelling at me in spiclish to stop fucking his sister
>I ask him which sister
>They proceed to break my ribs with the bats and two by four guy nearly takes my eye out when he cracks the bat over my face
I don't remember much past the bodega owner waving a gun at them to scare them off, but I kept my eye, but the fucking cops took the kindly bodega owners illegal hangun, fucking traitors. I don't care what they said, his ass shot people in Pakistan, he can shoot people here
I didn't stop fucking any of his sister's by the way, but he was upset I was porking the fat one
>FF two years, out of highschool by a month, walking to my favorite bodega to grab me some mother fucking sun chips
>Future astronaut shoves me as I round a blind alley and pulls a knife
>I can smell the crack wafting from his lips as he tells me to give up the knot
>I may only have 4 dollars but I'll be damned if you are getting it, moolie
>Thrusts a knife at my face
>Not-my-good-eye.mp2
>Throw up my hand, only for the knife to go through it, jointing my thumb like a rotisserie chicken, and missing my eye by inches
>Scream cunt as loud as I can before kneeing his sack
>He bolts, into the street, getting hit by a car and folding like a cheap suit
>I lay there, and ponder my life and how it lead me down this path
>He dies from hitting his head on the curb
>I get taken to the hospital and after 4 months regain 60 Percent of the movement in my hand, and zero of the nerve endings
>I leave that city, never to return
Cities are trash, don't raise your children there.

The knife but I wouldn't use it until I dissarm the other guy then I'll stab him 50 times

Simmer down there 8 mile.

Spaghetti

the funeral company i guess?

the brood mothers will shit out more like they always do

>>I ask him which sister
Fucking brutal hahahahaha

Attached: 1526721977622.png (650x700, 780K)