I want to go pick up a shotgun tomorrow. which pumps do you guys like/suggest?

I want to go pick up a shotgun tomorrow. which pumps do you guys like/suggest?

Attached: PEO_Mossberg_590A1.jpg (4100x1528, 383K)

Other urls found in this thread:

theboxotruth.com/barrel-length-shotgun-affect-velocity/
ar15.com/forums/general/The-Box-O-Truth---Does-a-Long-Shotgun-Barrel-Tighten-the-Pattern----Lots-of-Pics/5-2002131/?
palmettostatearmory.com/tr-imports-rz17-12-gauge-tactical-pump-action-shotgun-rz17tac.html
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Mossberg 590A1

You can get police trade-in 870's for like $250. Otherwise a Mossberg 500 (or Maverick 88 for a bit cheaper) will serve you just fine.

What I want to know is where to find an 1897 with an 18" barrel for less than $1000. I'll even buy a fucking Norinco at this point

KSG 12

Attached: 1521215488259.jpg (914x984, 195K)

Benelli Supernova.

Reminder that anything over 18" is a complete waste in 12 gauge.

/thread.

Regular 500 if you're semi poor.

Maverik if you're Super-poor

Explain.

>Buying anything other than a 1897

You get diminishing returns in terms of velocity after 18" of barrel length.
13 to 18 inches is the sweet spot for 12 gauge shotguns.

He’s wrong. There are substantial velocity gains with longer barrels.

IAC Hawk

Get a Benelli supernova. Fuck all these idiots. Do you want a rustington or a gun that says "made in Italy" on the barrel in big bold letters?

Attached: Screenshot_2019-04-19-03-03-01~2.png (720x537, 505K)

>tfw chromed EVERYTHING inside
God, I love my SuperNova too

can I get a rundown on what makes the 590 worth another 160$?

Anything Mossberg.

Attached: Mossberg pump wooden.jpg (2000x900, 143K)

Extended magazine (which can be further extended) better materials, bayonet lug.

I've always wanted an 1897 and was able to get one at cabelas a few weeks ago for $250! The barrel was cut down to 22" and the guy that owned it before me used it as a cowboy action gun and had the stock engraved with some sass shit. But overall in good shape.

Any evidence for that? Just searching offhand I found this disputing it:
theboxotruth.com/barrel-length-shotgun-affect-velocity/
ar15.com/forums/general/The-Box-O-Truth---Does-a-Long-Shotgun-Barrel-Tighten-the-Pattern----Lots-of-Pics/5-2002131/?

Get one of any of these if you are on a budget.

Attached: cdnn.png (1434x851, 289K)

>Regular 500 if you're semi poor
Totally a meme now. 590 securities can be had for $300 from grabagun, no reason to buy the 500.

yea, but the question is, can I get it for that price locally, the only place locally that has prices listed online is big5 and their cheapest 590 around 450$

Experience shooting buckshot. At 18.5 inches it is substantially under supersonic. 28” you can hear the supersonic crack.

That depends entirely on the loading.

I have a 12ga Mossberg 500 that I use for turkey, dove, duck, and squirrel hunting, shooting skeet with my friends, and it sits in my gun cabinet that my grandpa made beside my bed for home defense.

I just use 3" magnum turkey loads with #4 shot in it for "home defense". I know that buckshot would be more lethal but there are also other people in the house and I don't want it shooting through multiple walls and killing someone in another room. I figure that at the 10-20 feet that I'd be engaging someone inside the house the turkey loads will do enough damage to incapacitate an intruder.

I own an 870. If I did it again, I'd get a Mossberg 590. Even in a humidity controlled safe, my 870 has shown signs of pitting. I don't care enough about replacing it, before anyone suggests. It shoots fine and regularly using CLP has prevented it from getting worse, but I shouldn't have to baby a pump gun this much.

Go with one of these beauties. The rails and tactical upgrades make it shoot harder with a bigger spread.
palmettostatearmory.com/tr-imports-rz17-12-gauge-tactical-pump-action-shotgun-rz17tac.html

Attached: gross.jpg (1200x1200, 67K)

If you can find one the Mossberg 500 that comes with a field and security barrel is the best deal. Extended magazine tubes are a meme with a shotgun IMO, if you hunt you'll have to plug it anyway and they're unwieldy for HD. If you want the best bang for your buck the Pardner Pumps can't be beat, they go for something like $150 at Wal-Mart.

Chokes are more important than length.

What in the fuck is that?

But why pay 1000 for a shotgun

590A1 a shit, all the "upgrades" over a stock 590 or 500 are there so literally the biggest retard the US military could possibly recruit wouldn't slam it in a shil door and break it.

I have a 500 made in 1967 that has been ridden hard and put away wet for 52 years and it's literally my favorite shotgun.

>What in the fuck is that?
nog tier

KSGs are not 1000$ they're 600 or so

anyone have experience with the Ithaca 37? Right now I'm trying to decide between a R870, 590, or a 37

Tactical: Mossberg 590A1, preferably with ghost ring sights.

Hunting: Remington 870 Wingmaster with a 28" barrel.

To pretend you're a battleship in the Coral Sea, and the ducks are like zeroes or something: Ithaca MAG-10 10ga with a 30" barrel.

My skeet shooting record with an 18.5" and a 28" 500 says you're wrong

That's a funny way to say 40 inches.

I like the Mossberg 590s and 500s
But whatever you do, don't buy the Maverick 88
I had one fail me in a possible home defense scenario. Fine as part of a collection, but one will never be part of my home defense system ever again.

I really like my old ass rem 870. It operates like a box of wrenches falling down a flight of stairs but somehow smooth, positive, and reliable at the same time. Like a grandpa that your dad was too pussy to ever stand up to
Apparently they have gone completely to shit now though

Have to give it to m*ssberg for performance and reliability (actually ejecting those piece of shit Winchester loads) but I think their flat bolts are ugly as fuck and look like toys from the 80s. Absolute fudd shit options and retarded controls apart from the reasonably placed action bar lock

I really just think no one can be bothered to make a better pump gun in the 500's league because they're all doing bullpup dual mag tube bullshit, boutique over/unders, or auto loaders

>m*ssberg
What do you have against Mossberg? One of the best things to ever come out of Sweden, IMO.
Personally, I'm hoping that Ruger buys Remington's IP's. Investment cast 870's would be fucking baller.

>at the 10-20 feet that I'd be engaging someone inside the house the turkey loads will do enough damage to incapacitate an intruder.
At 10-20 feet, a round of #8 target load would fuck up anyone but an armored bigfoot.

He's completely retarded.

>What do you have against Mossberg? One of the best things to ever come out of Sweden, IMO.

kek, Oscar Mossberg didn't make guns until he emigrated to the US and started working for Iver Johnson. Mossberg shotguns are all USA, you fucking dumbshit.

>Reminder that anything over 18" is a complete waste in 12 gauge.
Reminder that you're a noguns faggot who never fired a fucking shotty in your life.