Death at Kapooka training camp

Ausfag, how did he die?

Attached: CDE14A80-FA4D-44C7-9FA2-1238B3E67221.jpg (764x738, 352K)

Too few VBs

One of you motherfuckers better know.

I mean, if a Marine ever gets shot, it’s usually just the squishy trigger game, but I mean, HOW THE FUCK DOES SOMETHING AT KAPOOKA KILL YOU?

I call bullshit this was just a guy dropping dead from exhaustion. Something went fucking wrong.

Attached: E24C055D-5F27-4B56-84AA-DF554847EB68.jpg (537x1279, 320K)

he probably arizona rangered the range officers or dropped dead because of a heart defect

>an incident

From those two words suspect he got squashed by a vehicle. If is was during training it would say "during an endurance exercise" or similar. They kind of let people know.

Why would the army pay welfare to the family of the deceased soldier? Sounds like they feel guilty about it. This implies he was killed by the negligence of a trainer, rather than death by suicide or a murder.

Makes sense. He didn’t die on the spot, he was in hospital for quite a few days, so being squished makes sense.
You step foot in Kapooka, you’re the property of the Australian Army and your family will be compensated if they void your warranty. Training deaths are pretty rare here, so I’m guessing a full life insurance payouts just the easiest.
Now I’m curious just how far he was into training.

I don't understand. Isn't dying a common thing for a soldier? The army would lose a lot of money in a war from having to pay all the families of soldiers who get KIA.

Died doing what he loved most, calling people cunt on the internet

Spider

He fell off a ladder which goes underground into water on the obstacle course.

t. Australian Army

Falling into water from a ladder doesn't kill people. Fucking consider the rumours you hear before passing them on.

That's exactly what the us army does. You get basic life insurance of 100k without paying in. The cheapest plan nets 100k+400k split however you desire amongst family/dependants. There are higher prices plans as well iirc. That is for the death of the service member under any kind of death. Getting KIA'd while on a combat deployment will get you even more of a payout + your original life insurance policy.

Wow. If it didn't involve dying, that would be a good way to make money for your family.

Local news report over the weekend said "fell 5metres", so probably fell off the rope on the obstacle course called 'the Challenge'.
>shit happens but Comcare will go full oh&s and wrap everything in bubblewrap for safety.

Attached: images (66).jpg (517x593, 63K)

Vegemite overdose

>... welfare support
Not paying gibs welfare, dickhead.
They send around the Padre and social workers to give his mummy a big hug and drink tea.
If he was single, there's no automatic 'life insurance' to his parents as they weren't 'dependants'.
If he had a misso, she would get a part pension.
Army pays for the funeral up to about $12k.

>the Padre

I hope you're Mexican because that lingo really doesn't work for English speakers. Especially Australians. I only know it means priest because of DBS memes.

Fuckoff Lid.
>all priests in the ADF are called 'Padre', even the Jew ones.

>kapooka
>wagga wagga

Its obvious he was killed by a snuffaluffagus

Lay off the padre, he's a fuckin mad dog who gets on the piss with the digs

>Isn't dying a common thing for a soldier?
Not in Australia it isn't
The names of every Aussie soldier who's died on duty in the last 10 years could fit on a signle A4 piece of paper, maybe if you print on both sides.
Some years we don't have a single combat fatality.
Accidents like this are even rarer.

Well fuck me dead, that's a pretty bizarre case, but not impossible.
If he was knocked out from the fall and lay in water for some time, it could.
Probably spend the last few days on life support I'm guessing.

>shit happens but Comcare will go full oh&s and wrap everything in bubblewrap for safety.

>Everyone freaks the fuck out about how tough kapooka is
>Some kid dies by falling off a fucking ladder into a puddle
>the place is already so bubble wrapped that people need to invent new ways to die
>every ladder will now have a safety harness

The ladder goes underground 5m and the water at the bottom is at least knee deep. I was there in '99 but from what I've heard the place hasn't changed. We had a TPR from 2/14 killed by a falling tree branch a couple of years ago, so unusual accidents can still result in death.

Fuck, if there's a 5 meter hole I imagine it'd be a fucking pain getting some kid with a fucked spine out of it, water at the bottom deep enough to submerge a body wouldn't have helped.
If it goes down 5 meters, and someone else seems to think it was a 5 meter fall, then well, something tells me he wasn't even climbing the ladder, he just fell down.
(Never went to Kapooka so I don't know)
>so unusual accidents can still result in death.
It just seems that the only way people die here is in unusual ways.
I guess everything else is so rehearsed and by the books that all the "common" ways to die are eliminated.

Kangaroo court