Be me

>be me
>live in New Hampshire
>looking for outdoor gun ranges
>there's a few within a 30-45 minute drive from me
>look at membership requirements online
>basically need know a fudd that knows a fudd that knows a fudd
>have pay excessive fees for application and additional membership fee if accepted
>will likely be put on waiting list for as long as 6-12 months
>some ranges require semi-regular volunteer services
>and many more very strict range rules

Are outdoor ranges/gun clubs even worth it? I've visited a few literally all of them are run by boomer-aged men with their 22s and "muh durr" guns. What will happen to these outdoor ranges/clubs once the Boomers die off in the next 10-20 years? Also, New Hampshire thread?

Attached: State Wojak NH 2.png (1220x771, 177K)

Other urls found in this thread:

discord.gg/cV7PMh
discord.gg/DKUs8g
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

>Are outdoor ranges/gun clubs even worth it?
No. And with people with gravel pits shitting birds because people can't be fucked to pick up their targets, those aren't gonna last long either

I'm content leeching off my friends. I haven't been to an outdoor range in a while. I was going to try to get Into Pelham. They seem pretty reasonable as far as pricee/wait time, but i need to just get a new job.

Were part of the nhgaao Facebook page? They have me hope for the future.

>NHGAAO Facebook page

Never heard of it.

I hear that White Birch Armory out of Rochester is planing on building an indoor range somewhere in Dover.

Attached: 1425741288587.jpg (570x558, 260K)

It got shutdown a while ago. But it was a pretty big group, and they were all great dudes.

That's were the NH guns and ammo in Londonderry got the name from.

I've been to an indoor ranges a few times in Hudson and another one in Manchester. I much prefer shooting outdoors. I have a friend that owns 30-35 acres of land just outside of Hooksett, but he's rarely available to let me shoot on his property. That's why I am looking for other outdoor alternatives.

This is honestly the biggest irony if it all

>fudds don't wanna let new members in
>the gun range goes empty like 95% the year except that last 5% which is all right before hunting season
>get angry that Millenials don't wanna take up shooting sports
>Millenials can't take up shooting sports because they have no where to shoot because Fudd club requires you to have a sponsor to even get into the club. So if you don't know a Fudd who can vouch for you it's impossible to get in.

Fucking this. I seriously wonder if the Boomers running these ranges are literally retarded. NH can't be the only state like this.

I just miss living in Maine, used to be an endless supply of logging roads I could go shoot at, not a hundred miles to the south and it's like living in fuckin Massachusetts. What the hell, new Hampshire

My local outdoor range just had me fill out 1 sheet of paper and then I got a membership. They have a pistol range and 2 rifle ranges (100 and 500 yds), a tactical range, and a skeet shooting area. $50/mo for family and I can fire as rapidly as I'd like. Fishing and camping on site for members too.

And where is this?

NY is like this too. It took me 2 years of being in a wait list so a club 5 miles from my house would let me in only because I went to school with a friend whose dad belonged to the club. I've been driving 20 miles to the state forest to shoot and it's been awful. The club has a membership cap of 250 despite, quite literally, no one using the range under the excuse that they already have too many members using it and they're worried about overcrowding. They have 3 hundred yard rifle ranges, 3 fifty yard ranges and a 25 yard pistol range. I'm baffled by this logic. I can't bitch because I just got into the club and I love the pistol range but looking at the membership log I'm the only one to use it for the last month as my name is repeated several times on the list with no breaks

All of the Northeast, midatlantic and most of southern Appalachia. Can't speak for the rest of the south and west of the Appalachians

He told you, his local outdoor range. Don't you know everyone on Jow Forums(nel) lives in My City, My State USA?

I used to live in Upstate NY. I know your pain.

Day of the pillow when?

Having moved to NY (not NYC) a while back this behavior is everywhere there is any perception of status or money. Have it to hoard it even if its of no use and deny it to any who like it. Misery loves company neighbor

I would definitely consider moving to Maine if I could find a stable semi-decent job there.

Attached: State Wojak NH.png (968x788, 471K)

GA

Therein lies the rub. Unless you are telecommuting, working in the federal system, health/legal field, their state gov,or in commercial fishing/logging the poverty can be a bitch in winter. Still an awesome place to live but less job opportunity than upstate New York (which has a similar list just in different order)

Depending on how some of the counties look in a few decades that may be a second home/retirement house

Hello Granite Stater
Here's the New England Discord invite
discord.gg/cV7PMh

NH gun culture is fucking confusing
Allegedly a low % of residents are gun owners yet most people I know from junkies to rednecks are armed
Also the most relaxed gun laws in the nation despite voting consistently democrat in federal elections
This place makes no fucking sense

>be you
>be fat antisocial neckbeard with mental problems
>can't figure out how to go talk to one of these "fudds" like a normal person

I mean, do you think they even want your weird ass in their club?

>help me, I'm in NH
From my experience the fudd boy's club is absolutely not worth it, and is physically painful to visit. That tends to be true of all of them. Half the time they don't even shoot, they just hang out inside like it's a gun shop and talk about random crap. Unless you specifically know those people and what to expect then you're in for a lot of disappointment. Imagine the most anal RSOs on the planet standing over your shoulder and barking every time you pull an AR out of a case. Expect to see AARP stickers and get asked why you don't support the NRA and wear their letterman jacket.

Attached: carlin1982.jpeg.jpg (400x610, 143K)

Not related but on topic of nh/me. How expensive is it to live there? I grew up in southern nh but had to move after I graduated high school because my parents retired. Ive heard it can be quite expensivevto live in but I've also heard homesteading can cheapen it up quite a bit. How is the engine/mechanic economy up there? Any cheap off the grid ways to live up there?

>any cheap off the grid wats to live up there
Well if you want to live in a NH city, it isn't too expensive
You can rent a place in Manch or Nashua for less than $1K if you look
As far as cheap homesteading see pic related If you have a good bit of money there's 1000 acre lots that go for 400-500K

Attached: maineland.png (1894x847, 1.98M)

Im mostly looking into around a 40 acre lot in the middle of nowhere. I just know porperty taxes are expensive and wondering if you could afford them working part time as a mechanic or construction worker.

It's like this in Maine too, but luckily we have lots of other good ranges.

Also due to our god tier trespassing laws, you can literally just hike out to almost any secluded patch of woods and blast away to your hearts content.

DELET THIS

We don't need these assholes buying up all the land.

Toolate im comming up in a few years.

Maybe not 40 acres. But I don't see why you can't have a few as long as you're not an idiot with your money.

discord.gg/DKUs8g

NH Jow Forums d*scord

I live in NH and couldn't find a spot for 2 years until a nearly no guns took pity on me and took me to a private range. It fucking sucks here all the shooting pits and local spots got shut down since 2013. FUCK OLD FUDD FAGGOTS AND MASSHILES SHITTING UP MY STATE.

Attached: 1555961402038.jpg (640x640, 46K)

But some land and start a gun Jow Forumslub

>Im mostly looking into around a 40 acre lot in the middle of nowhere
You're obviously not looking very hard

Attached: maineland.png (1920x861, 1.95M)

Nigga my net worth is 10 grand and no one around here pays more than 15/hour. Commute to Boston? Nah, I'd rather kill myself. Just a doomer coasting on boomer reserves maybe in 10 years I'll be able to buy a couple acres near Jaffrey.

Can you not just go shoot in the woods? I thought new hampshire was like 90% woods and itd be fine to just shoot pretty much wherever you felt like?

Legit every place is private property with posted signs or state land where it's discouraged. Southern N.H. is a shitshow with plenty of town ordinances forbidding shooting in general besides hunting. Sure, it's easy to go north and plink innawoods but that's a 2 hour drive one way for most of us.

Im asking about avereage anual taxes associated with the land. Sorry for being confusing.

I feel lucky, the outdoor range I belong to seems pretty chill, it even has an action range for holster draws. No waiting period or sponsors or anything like that.

Plus I was in the pistol range and an old Marine vet and his wife gave me a few cases of 38 special.

>the gravel pit out near Milford doesn't allow shooting anymore

Why can't these other faggots just pick up their brass and targets?! just take a fucking garbage bag out with you.

Mill rate in houlton is 22.25 so if that parcel was evaluated at 19,000 would put your annual tax rate at 422.75

Sorry bud, I have brain problems

Attached: taiy9u4ib2c21.jpg (1280x1280, 227K)

Me too thanks

For those who have the means to get a bunch of acres and a cabin in the northern section any issues setting up a makeshift range and blasting away?

762NATO come back to discord!

Imagine living in southern New Hampshire and paying all this expensive cost of living to get cucked out of all of your supposed state sanctioned freedoms.
>town forest in the backyard
>plink, hunt, dirtbike, camp, fish, swim, do whatever the fuck you want land 1/4 mile from my door
>don't even bother because the dude next door lets me shoot into his berm whenever I want.
You're all pathetic and I'm not even from here.

This thread is yikesing me out. I want to move to NH from the free state project but if I can’t even shoot my guns, what’s the point? Maybe I can raise some money to invest in the local economy and get us all a nice plot of land in Keene to shoot at

RIP
If you're a fed you get the lead

40 acres of dense forrest for $20k wtf am I doing with my life...

retard here
I can't understand what you're implying please try again

I have no experiance with outdoor ranges. From what I hear, they're usually full of fudds and brass jews.
I just go down to the Granite State Range in Hudson.

Not him but Southern New Hampshire is as bad as liberal shithole as mass.
I live in Trashua, trust me.

You actually live in Massivejewshits if you live down there.

>Keene
Try again lol

Attached: 1555801943769.png (456x340, 286K)

Move to Maine, but you better vote republican and make sure your kids do too.

I'm a part time Nashua fag when I'm not at school
Place is just another Lawrence/Lowell (typical former milltown shithole) except whiter

Not for long. Browns keep leaking in from mass, especially from central America.
soon enough this will be Caribbean Central.

Attached: russian loli.jpg (768x768, 88K)

WHY
WHY CAN'T THEY JUST LET ME HAVE NEW HAMPSHIRE

Attached: justapu.png (688x578, 32K)

Because we're a really good state to have. Peaceful, beautiful (even for the cities), small, great weather with all seasons. We value freedom, individual liberty and the right to be who you want to be without forcing it.
We are the Live Free or Die state. This is what America should of been. It's why ((they))) want to destroy it.

Attached: new hampshire pic.jpg (700x300, 98K)

Yes in nashganistan. I grew up in Danville and its definitely not ma.

They are getting away with it as m*Ssholes migrate north and vote in the same policies that made M************ such a shithole. Alaska is americas only hope.

Another vote for Granite State in Hudson. Was my go-to, even when I lived in Manch. Firing Line isn't bad, I just like the facilities better.

>tfw I live in NM now and only have to drive 20 mins to plink in the desert

Lol at all the retards who live in Nashua of all places and complain that "nh is turning into ma". Yall live in the literal armpit of the state, of course it sucks there.

wwwaaahhhhh its the masswholes guyz it really is

>be me
>live in PA
>looking for outdoor range
>nothing within 30 minutes
>everything requires a membership that costs too much
>realize I live in PA
>go outside and shoot guns in my backyard gun range
>laugh at OP

too bad the dude that runs that and shooters outpost is a massive faggot

Florida of the north from the sounds of it.

We could be Vermont, it could be worse.
I really fucking hope BurnBurn Sandcastle comes knocking on my door for the primary though

Nj m8
We have outdoor ranges but they have the same requirements. The ones here even want you to have a NRA memebership as well if you want in. I just shoot in MA at a buddy’s place.

Let me come shoot with you

>Live in western WA
>There's one single good indoor range within a reasonable distance of me
>The nearby outdoor ranges are fudd shit, and I mean real fucking fudd
>If you aren't a member, you have to load single cartridges
>Even if you're a member, you can only put 5 in your mag
>Checked a map, no BLM land nearby

Which indoor range? WCA?

have you youngfags figured out that these people just dont like you?
>hurr durr fudd boomer cucks *flosses*
lmao no. its all about nepotism, like polish clubs, a fraternity or the police force. expect to get treated like shit and not get in unless you know someone.

VT fag here just go inna woods away from people, clean up after and youll be fine and remember it could be worse you could be across the river.

Federal Way Discount. The reviews are mixed but my experiences have been fine.

Good to know, thanks my man. I've actually heard great things about FWD, decent selection but great prices.

I looked into the Black Diamond club and it seemed like fudd central. What a shame.

Just drive out in the fucking woods like everyone else in washington. Tf is wrong with you.

You're close enough to hit Triangle pit. If you're in the urban zones, you're going to have to accept driving an hour to go innawoods.

Yeah nah, there's no good places in Keene to settle down and shoot off your own property; gotta go elsewhere.
The Cheshire Fish/Game Club has a range that's pretty nice; most of the guys there are pretty chill with whatever you do, as long as you don't go full-auto spraying like an autist and shoot over the terrain behind the targets.
They actually had issues with people firing too high and having the rounds impact in some poor family's fridge. As long as you pick the right time to go (preferably if you have a day off) mid-day or early afternoon is the best way to have no-one there whatsoever and get away with pretty much anything.
Haven't had any encounters with Brass Jews, and the Boomers at the range don't usually do much of anything to get in your way. Other people at the range are usually pretty nice, which is an added bonus.