How big is the difference between your average western conscript and enlists?

How big is the difference between your average western conscript and enlists?

Attached: us-army-women.jpg (968x681, 96K)

Other urls found in this thread:

army.mil/article/217516/opinion_surveys_point_to_cause_of_military_morale_issues
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Substantial. Conscripts are absolutely terrible comparably.

Attached: 1532188792751.jpg (543x800, 110K)

>This is what welfare queens believe
Conscript armies at least have some soldiers with IQs above room temperature.

>us army
Those fatties are marines.

You're a retard.

Volunteer Armies are always superior. This is not debatable. It is an objective fact.

Attached: 1555909810017.gif (639x435, 109K)

Also worth noting that countries with conscript armies face the potential for greater public backlash when choosing to go to war. This definitely affects how willing a country is to fight offensive wars.

Specifically draft all women for needs of the army sans gender bias and then let men enlist in whatever job they want.

I want to see the ra ra parades marching all proud till the screaming vets tell it how it is

>This definitely affects how willing a country is to fight offensive wars.
I think you meant to win.

Incredibly large difference. One of the places where the differences show the most is moral/motivation. When all you can think about as a conscript is how much you didn't want to be in the Military thats a significant detriment to overall morale of the military. Doesn't matter how well trained and well fed they are if they never wanted to be there in the first place then they're going to fight half-heartedly at best.

Attached: 14E39122-0DCA-4B79-A8AB-F44777DD7FFF-744-000000C76692C75F.png (1024x512, 404K)

>Volunteers have better morale
>American Military morale is through the fucking seafloor

nice source

Attached: 0b4.jpg (453x576, 39K)

Even assuming this is true, it probably has a lot to do with excessive bureaucracy, allowing civilian-type office drama and office politics bullshit to creep in, not having a clearly worthwhile and just war to fight, and all the special treatment now no doubt being given to various minorities over everyone else.

Attached: C61D8F2A-6450-4F70-927F-70EFC2818C4F-896-000000DAA2385033.jpg (680x649, 60K)

This thread entirely depends on the situation. If the conscripts were being conscipted into a war people felt was justified and neccesary, then they'd probably be only marginally worse than volunteers in terms of motivation and morale.

Attached: barbarians at the gates.jpg (770x528, 124K)

Conscription has very little to do with it.

I was actually in a conscript army and worked with a few volunteer ones, there really isn't much difference in morale. To put it politely I think this notion comes from volunteer armies trying to feel better about themselves.

Most conscript armies have significant public support. The Swiss army had 73% in a referendum for maintaining conscription. The Singapore and Israeli armies had never had a backlash against conscription because the public thinks it is necessary. Taiwan shut down their conscription Possibly the worst conscript situation is Russia, but from the few young Russian males I've talked to there they seem more accepting than resentful at conscription. There isn't also much morale difference between those who sign on as professional soldiers and those who don't.

Morale is dependent on the individual situation of the country more so than conscript vs professional army issues. I have to imagine that having professional volunteers leads to more effective performance in politically unpopular wars, though.

>those canteen covers

how in the name of god do they still have those in inventory?

>His canteen wasnt from World war 2

This honestly. Just look at Vietnam and compare it to Korea or even WW2

Attached: 14264176_769151013224030_6511909826148134474_n.jpg (469x768, 76K)

Funnily enough, a higher percentage of draftees fought in WWII than Vietnam. There was just a national push behind the war effort, and the people fighting it believed they were doing the right thing.

In countries with conscripts no one gives a fuck that you served

You can be sure that whoever has enlisted, of their own free will, is a moron.
In 2010+9, only retards enlist. You have more options than ever to make some good money doing trades. It's easier than ever to make 6 figures. So why would someone throw their life away by joining the mil? Well, retards will.

Attached: 1539220710835.jpg (850x400, 65K)

Still you get people fleeing conscription, I know a couple of Egyption families that emigrated when their boys got into their teens.

Conscripts live in countries that are so not worth dying for they have to force their citizens to defend the state.

Attached: Vixen Ventrivex v2.0.jpg (2048x2779, 941K)

Depends on how it is run, I think it's in every nations best interests to have every young man spend 6 months in basic but don't think that forcing people to war is ethical.

Those fatties are recruits.

Men crave adventure, action and combat. Modern life denies us of all 3 of these and the chance of a combat deployment thatll give these things is what pushes young men to enlist. Women are mostly fine with living a boring domestic life so I dont expect you to understand.

Not always. Sometimes it’s countries with such a small strategic depth that they have to be able to mobilize most of the population quickly, like Singapore.

save some cash, take a trip. adventure-need filled.

Mercenary armies are usually more effective than levies right up until the point where the employer can‘t afford the mercs anymore. Enlisted are basically patriotic mercs, at least on a good day, and conscripts are levies in all but name, so similar rules probably apply.

Pretty sure it's because all the incentives you have to volunteer these days are things like getting your dick chopped off or getting BAS for your 8 niglets. Combat arms has been mowing lawn & policing cigarette butts for at least 5 years now.

In Mexico, pretty much everybody in active service is a volunteer. We still have conscription though. It’s based on a lottery system; the year a guy turns 18 he registers with the municipal government. About 30% of men who register have to undergo training. The system draws a ball for you and that basically says where you go. White ball (Army service), Black ball (exemption), and Blue ball (Navy-Marines service). It’s mostly easy because every weekend morning for a year you show up to a local base where you do calisthenics and drilling, but some guys undergo 3 months of actual training. The idea is that Mexico has a large force of men who know how to use a rifle and basic tactical maneuvers in case we’re ever invaded.

Who in their right mind would invade you? You guys could literally just sit back and watch the cartels skin the enemy alive for shits and giggles.

>The idea is that Mexico has a large force of men who know how to use a rifle and basic tactical maneuvers in case we’re ever invaded.
Somehow I think this should be the least of Mexico's security concerns.

So in conscript army has no pussies because they flee?

>laughs in condottieri

Considering Trump has threatened to invades us a couple times...

>thinking visiting some tourist spots or going on a nature hike is true adventure

Estrogen

Meanwhile you invade america everyday and the cartels run your country

Immigrants aren’t invaders.

Why did Stalin and Hitler employ conscription then? Somebody should have told them

Conscript armies are mainly good for defensive and/or justified wars, mercenaries are good for offence (in my opinion based on only my experience as a conscript)

lmao

army.mil/article/217516/opinion_surveys_point_to_cause_of_military_morale_issues

hes not wrong at all

t. enlisted mang

t.invader

Illegal alien invasion. Unfuck your shithole country instead of shitting up mine, pablo

Stop being paranoid. If US military history taught us anything than it‘s the fact that the burgers fear nothing more than a war on their own soil. Your cartels have been waging war against the US for decades now and now the alphabet soup agencies literally pay them tribute to be left alone.

Immigrants fill out paperwork, don't break laws, and assimilate

I live in Mexico
Immigration to the US from Mexico is at a net negative and has been at a net negative for years. You can come crying when the so called “invaders” start dropping JDAMs on your house. Until then, keep seething cuck.

I believe it comes down to three factors:
>Quality of recruits
>Length and quality of training
>Morale
Since everyone is conscripted, a conscript force has more easily access to better recruits instead of sub 90 IQ bottom feeders that joined just to make some money. However, professionals usually get longer training, and accumulate far more experience than conscripts. Morale could go either way, it's easy to imagine a conscript to just do the bare minimum because he was forced to be there, but professionals doing the same just so they get access to free dental or education is not hard to see either.

I think the deciding factor is morale. If you can keep your troops motivated, you perform better than the other guy.

Fuck off, shitskin.

I don’t speak cuck, reply to my post in English or Spanish.

Attached: 0D21AFDC-6AA0-4FAC-B810-123884AE17FE.png (675x445, 381K)

>Immigration to the US from Mexico is at a net negative
I agree, it's very negative. The presence of all 22 million of them is negative and a total drain of taxpayer money.

>thread about conscription and these seething goblins can’t help but bring up their wetback issues
Not my problem

Yes
Many beaners in the USA flee conscription
They have a conscript army in mexico too
One of them I talked to was proud of fleeing
Saying I am a coward but not a dumbass when they send me to fight the cartels I will run away

t. John Gonzales

Attached: D3EB49B3-C7DC-40E1-8DFA-55E187769635.jpg (650x488, 36K)

Many of your men are pussies that rather now lawns than do anything to benefit their country

>your
They’re yours now.

She/he is right, though. You're just not being imaginative enough. There are some significantly more dangerous and adventurous things you can do outside of fighting in a war. Fuck the nature hike. Try climbing K2 or perhaps something more reasonable.

lol the assmad mexican insults others by accusing them of being hispanic in a lazy mass reply.

Attached: quote-mexican-cars-are-just-going-to-be-lazy-feckless-flatulent-overweight-leaning-against-richard-h (850x400, 79K)

Please don’t reply to me señor mutt.

Attached: 0A7095E5-0804-4DE3-8265-D893BF147F74.png (760x651, 549K)

It's almost as if people wants different things in life.

The thing is, I don't care that you're brown. It's not about race. You're just a shitty neighbor who keeps dumping his garbage in my yard.

Only third world shitholes and subhuman armies have conscript soldiers.

No respectable nation here in Europe has a conscript force.

only the finest and fittest volunteer

Attached: anastasia-biefang-678x381.jpg (678x381, 35K)

>it’s not about race
It can’t be about race with mutts. Any time you insult any given race, there’s an 80% chance you’re insulting one of your grandparents.

How about i shoot at people while on patrol who are shooting at me in a warzone? Thats an experience that modern civilized life cant compare to. Nothing comes close

To a certain extent yes. If you look at the French army in WW1, the generals had the fixation that morale would win the war. “We want to win more than they do” You are right though, high morale and good, extensive training allows troops to perform better. I can say from personal experience in peacetime construction battalion, training is the most fun and my favorite experience while stateside. I feel like Im actually doing my job, even if it is “in pretend”

yeah, it's as if some people can plan ahead 10 years and can realize that the time they spent in the mil was a massive waste and none of the skills were transferable. not to mention various health issues that come from being a slave.

like I said... people who enlist are retards.

Are you saying immigrants are more mostly your unwanted trash that couldn't make in mexico

He is right though mexican products are shit quality

Mexican want all their stuff made in Mexico even its shit quality

Ok guy

Attached: 1543010782361.jpg (1424x2032, 289K)

So all my IT skills, that got me a job that pays enormously above average, in a team, of hundreds, where I am the only one without a college degree, and people complain all the time about paying off student loans.

Swede here. Was a conscript and has after that worked for six years inna-army.

In our case, we had much, much better soldiers when we had conscription compared to when we didnt. We havent conscripted everyone since the early 90s so our conscription system basically selected the top 10% of the 18 year olds to do it. They were well motivated, fit, and allways ended up on the right position.

When we switched that system out for volonteers only we mostly got unfit retards who jerks of to military equipment but is horrible soldiers, and the occational "dad sent me here since he thinks Im a pussy"-guy. Since they got to more freely select where they wanted to end up most guys selected stuff that sounded cool and where they could touch gucci gear, instead of selecting something they were actually good at.

Now we have conscription back, and thank god for that. Everyone can continue after conscription and do it as a job if they want to, but conscription is the way in.

Attached: s_pbv401side2.jpg (500x281, 46K)

lmao

This. Conscription for home defence is usually just a gateway drug to get people into the military full time. Make some cash early on while studying online and having unprotected sex with barracks-rats with your mates is a good way to enjoy your early 20's

It really depends on the disconnect between the heads of state who ordered the war and the people. If you have a nation like Israel where the public is afraid of their neighbors attacking, offensive operations are completely accepted. But for Switzerland and Singapore they would not be. For American operations the War on Terror might for 9/11, but things like the Kuwaiti invasion probably would not.

It's hardly equatable. Many countries enact conscription because they lack volunteer manpower, and rely on it to fill manpower quotas and the pulling up of reserves to fill the gap in the event of war. Volunteer or not, all countries are still going to get the career soldier types, with the added benefit of conscription possibly increasing that amount by introducing larger quantities of candidates. If a country like the U.S enacted universal 3 year conscription, it would have way more personnel than it does now and could need.

The proper way to manage a conscript army is up to a 3 year conscription that fills manpower quota, and throw everybody into the reserves afterwards and maintain a very large reserve pool. In this sense, a conscript army is more capable than a draft army in the event of total war. Having your entire population serve in the military at one point in their life will result in better quality troops than one that enacts a draft mid war.

an older family member, long since passed, told me that when he was growing up (just young enough to not be drafted for WW2) all the boys wanted to be soldiers and fight in the war. when you asked a guy what he wanted to be when he grew up, he said soldier. this was in NYC, maybe rural folks wanted to stay down home on the farm but i doubt it.

henry kissinger? on my Jow Forums?

This concept still goes on today. Its almost like men are naturally drawn towards soldiering and war.

It all depends on the culture of the nation conducting the conscription and the quality of training. Anyone who says any different ITT is a faggot because check em.

Attached: nice.jpg (247x204, 8K)

In beaners defense you're just as likely to be working for the cartels as against them if you're conscripted. Their country seriously needs some resetting that goes well beyond just a regime change.

Because they needed quantity, and as much as they'd love quality that isn't really an option in an all out war. Are you really so fucking stupid you needed this explained to you?

I was thinking the same. Over on the best coast we already had RCOs and molle combat belts. Likely though this is just an ild photo as you haven't been authorized to use parade slings in table 1 since like 2016.

>mutt mutt mutt
Ironic coming from a mongol mutt

If you're planning to use your army for defence and deterrence and you're a small nation, conscription is fine.
Conscripts are more willing to fight in defensive wars, they might lose everything if their nation falls after all. In offensive wars they are no good.

Now if you're a large nation and have to send forces to the middle east to deliver democracy and freedom, then you go for volunteers.
Not that nations with conscript armies absolutely can't participate in international battle royales like the middle east, they could do it, but only with people willing to go.

Wont euros need quantity in a modern war too? Or is a few thousand guys in gucci gear and highspeed training enough?

An soldier with higher IQ but no desire to fight is not worth much. Its actually better to have dumb soldiers who dont question everything. Why do you think marines take anyone, even if they need 2 people to help tie their shoes?

This. I am a Finn, I did my conscription and I love my country. I would fight for it if needed, but not for the EU tough. I spit at the EU flag.
I am afraid that the integration gets further in to a United States of Europe. And if that is the case, I would not have a homeland anymore.

>An soldier with higher IQ but no desire to fight is not worth much.

Something like 90% of them actually wants to fight for their cunt tho.

THIS

>And if that is the case, I would not have a homeland anymore.

this is what delusional nationalists actually believe

If all your political and military power is transfered to some frog in Belgium, and your borders are forced open for everyone, that is pretty much the case.

And Amerijew land is?

If I was in Switzerland or somewhere like that I'd be more open to DEFENDING my country. Not attacking and going off to fight meaningless wars for Israel.

Attached: ff.jpg (361x426, 32K)

>t. burger

Not him, but what was
>mongol mutt
even supposed to mean? My dude, it's not just russians making fun of you mutts.

It's the difference between agreeing to have sex and yelling rape and getting raped but sticking up for your battle buddy cuz he lowkey cute

They'd have to get in a war first which zero of them are planning to do. Even Germany has said fuck it and just has a show military.