RIA 1911 GI and 1911 general

So i just picked this up 2 days ago how did i do Jow Forums?

Attached: USER_SCOPED_TEMP_DATA_MSGR_PHOTO_FOR_UPLOAD_1556033394103.jpg_1556033399370.jpg (3264x1632, 1.01M)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/-sTgRA2BlZs
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

clean your carpet jesus christ

I’ve heard that the RIA 1911s are pretty good for the price. It’ll definitely go bang.

I’ve been strongly considering the Auto Ordnance 1911A1 clone. Any thoughts?

I like the sig scorpion

Attached: 7851_Facing+Right.jpg (370x370, 18K)

I went AO for my first 1911 over RIA. It looks a lot better than the RIA GI for sure. You get the sweet rollmark over that ugly RIA one and it looks more like the 1911A1. Only clear downside to me was that it's Series 80-style, but still not a bad trigger.

>1911 general
Best aftermarket mags? Whose feed lips won't f'ing break.

I bought their 10mm tact 2 a few weeks back. first couple of mags I had some failure to feeds, but after about 100 rounds through it started to run flawlessly.

I've never owned another 1911, is the dis-connector supposed to be so tactile and noticeable when running the slide?

my friend has one of those. i shot it today. decent gun, no issues. the sights are a bit small, though thats not ria's fault. theyre just low.

What is a good 1911 I can get blued in caliber .38 Super?

Mec gar is pretty high tier but I think Dan Wesson makes Gucci mags that I've never heard anyone complain about

Colt.

>traded a spare Glock 23 to a gunshop for an older RIA m1911a1 about 3 months ago
>have only shot it and my .38 revolver lately as far as handguns go

It appears to be an older one with a bare slide and has a very faded, almost invisible, logo on the left side of the slide just in front of the hammer. Besides the fact that I’ll have to replace the slide stop, I’ve had zero issues with it. I’m using a mix of Mec Gar magazines as well as some Korean kci 7 rounders and I’ve had no issues feeding, firing, or ejecting. Accuracy is pretty superb and I rather enjoy the smaller sights. It really compliments my Frankenstein m16a1 clone I built a few months ago. Again, the slide stop is very stiff and will need to be replaced or maybe that spring and plunger but this is my first .45 1911 so I’ll have to trial and error to remedy the problem.

The only issue I've had with mine is that it won't lock the slide after the last round, but that was before I shot at least 50rds. Now it does fine. When's the jam meme suppose to start up tho

Have mine, like it though. It goes bang and shoots straight, so that’s the best someone can say about a gun.

Attached: 363C05BC-15D9-4810-B9BC-CBB956F01EEA.jpg (3264x2448, 2.07M)

I've had good experienced with mecgar, but that being said I've never really had too many bad mag issues despite owning like 25 or 30

It was my first handgun back in 2007. Honestly I think it was a great first handgun. It doesn't like to feed hollow tips and I never cared about fixing that.

Wilson combat mags are basically standard at this point.

I like mine, haven't had any problems with it so you did good boi.

How much more do the 8 rounders stick out compared to the standard 7 round mags? Also, anyone here have an RIA 1911 in 9mm? Can't decide to get one in 45 acp or in 9mm

about .45 inches....maybe a little more

Attached: fucking mad.png (540x359, 224K)

Look at the feed angle of 9mm rounds in a 1911
That alone turned me off

certain manufactures change the feedramp dimensions for this reason. I believe but don't know for a fact that RIA does this for their 9mm 1911's. Can someone confirm?

Dan Wesson's Guardian, but it only comes in commander length

RIA 1911s are GOAT, you wont find anything better under $1000 dollars in terms of reliability.

ahem

Attached: 1911leather.jpg (2500x2810, 2.08M)

Yes.

Nah, RIA recks ati for the price, at least with their pistols over 5-600 dollars

Millenial here, I've never really understood the appeal of 1911s. It doesn't have the "tacticool customizability" appeal of Glocks since old fudds and boomers love it and obssess over keeping it "pure", what justifies the insane price range?

I will admit they can look classy and "formal", though not as much as early automatics, the hi-power or revolvers IMHO. Just wondering what kind of mechanical improvements make them worth over a grand for the "high tier" 1911s

youtu.be/-sTgRA2BlZs

All will be clear soon.

Is it possible to easily remove that white logo on the end of the slide?

>1911
gramps, should have saved that money for meds.

>It's a design that's been around since well 1911. And the flips have good gunsmithing experience as a nation. RIA hit the sweet spot between affordability and reliability.

Good git user. I swapped out the grips for Swagpul and haven't had any issues yet. Only a few thousand rounds tho tbf.