Has Japan done anything of Military worth since the end of WW2? Even counter-terrorism?

Has Japan done anything of Military worth since the end of WW2? Even counter-terrorism?

Attached: 91619CA2-9402-40ED-B2F0-1DA561EF227C.jpg (250x378, 48K)

Korean war maybe?

Not really. They had some kind of logistical/humanitarian role in Iraq, but I never came across them myself so idk what they were up to.

They’re generally well-equipped and trained, but they’ve never seen actual combat afaik

Best I can find is a few counter-terrorism operations during the 90’s with that death cult.

Mother fucker they beat back that kaiju in 2011 didn't they? Go fuck off with this nonsense. They lost one nuclear reactor and around 15k people but they won. Pretty much the best out on you could ask for.

They were put in the safest part of the country, never left base, and were ordered to call and update their family everyday so the Japanese public wouldnt get upset. They did literally nothing.

your mom
:DDD

Well the military in Japan probably doesn't deal with counter-terrorism.

Technically speaking they haven't had a military since 1945 so no. Not really.

>ordered to update their family every day
Honestly surprised they needed to be. Way I hear, Jap families are pretty tightly knit. Not as much as chinks or flips, but still tight.

"Self-defense force" is just a way to say "military" without actually saying it so it looks better to the public. The Japanese public is (understandably, after the last incident) a little weary of waging war, so they have to call it something that implies they'll stay in-country, because they're a defensive military.

The only nation Japan needs to defend itself from is China and trying to defeat them with a purely defensive strategy isnt going to work

>trying to defeat them with a purely defensive strategy isnt going to work
which is probably why they have very respectable naval and air forces.

You all need to go back to history class.

After ww2 japan was not allowed a military.
Their constitution prohibits a military with offensive capabilities.
Then when Korean war started the US allowed Japan to have a force for self defense,
Only within the last 15 years has the Japanese forces been allowed to participate in UN functions and fights against terrorism. Mostly in non combat operations.
Now with China becoming a threat in the South China Sea, the US needs Japan as an alley and Japan has been building its forces,
And the reason why Japan has F35s.
I think japan and China both claim some disputed islands. I might be nice to see Japan with US technology battle China for those islands
Kind of a throwback to the Falkland island war.

Question is, how would Nanjing boogaloo part 2 go down?

No! They're rusty as fuck. They'd fold if some experienced military attacked them.

If the US steps in, it's just a slideshow of China getting it's ass kicked into dust. If the US doesn't step in, every major city in Japan will make Nanjing look like Disneyland.

Is that a brass collector?!

The Chinese have nukes. Tokyo turns to glass if anything like Nanjing happens again.

Various UN missions, peacekeeping and disaster relief etc. they sent like 10k troops to Iraq from 2004-2006, their navy took part in the gulf war, and they have had troops in Somalia for like ten years.

It does, actually. Counter terror responsibility is split between the military and interior ministry.

>kaiju

d-do you mean the tsunami, user?

I guess you could get off on some radioactive lump of ash that was a Japanese qt3.14

And then China's cities are glass cause Japan is under the US umbrella.