So why does South Korea get their F-35s even though they are importing S-400 technologies for their ABM systems while...

So why does South Korea get their F-35s even though they are importing S-400 technologies for their ABM systems while Turkey can't get theirs for doing the same? Perhaps favoritism?

Attached: c21f6eb2-16e7-11e9-bd68-61a0d0b9ce58_1320x770_141600.jpg (1320x770, 313K)

Other urls found in this thread:

ahvalnews.com/security/us-turkish-break-could-lead-nuclear-nightmare-american-interest
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Also The South Koreans can literally get ANY US weapon they choose while turkey which is a VITAL NATO ally can't get fuck all. is it time for them to switch to CSTO?

Because the KM-SAM was indigenously produced so the Russians don't have access to it which is the issue with the Turkish S-400.

spbp

While your point looks reasonable and righly so there are a few things that seperate both of these cases:
1) South Korea new SAM system shares only a missile with the S-300/350/400 and some technical details but it’s ultimately a different program with South Korean MADE sensors, radars and guidance systems, which make it impossible for the Russians to create a backdoor without the South Koreans knowing about it.
In comparison, Turkey will buy S-400 BUILT in Russia, which the Russians can install whatever they want on the system before delivering it.
2) Russia and South Korea have had partnerships before, along with some Russian owned debt in the past, and South Korea has/had some T-80 tanks in service.
This also serves to alienate or at least to neutralize a huge major support to North Korea, leaving only China as a big backer to NK.
The US would obviously want for NK to be backed by less and less big players.
3) Russia has sold other NATO countries weapons before, namely Greece which has multiple SAMs from Russia. It’s about F-35 data that’s the problem, as previously mentioned the Russians could include some way of getting the data or may have some backdoor deals to do so.

>turkey
>VITAL NATO ALLY
absolutely not. it is becoming incredibly clear that our interests do not align with Turkey's. They have welded themselves into a geopolitical alliance that offers us zero benefit, yet gives Erdogan free reign to spit in our eye unimpeded. They need to be divorced from Europe (to which they have no legitimate tie) and divorced from NATO

Roaches can switch to a Motel for all I care

Koreans toe the line, Turks act in their own regard. You're not guaranteed a thing.

>go to airshow in US
>see F-35
>surrounded by a fence with armed guards
>meanwhile in SK, no fence and no guards

>Also The South Koreans can literally get ANY US weapon they choose while turkey which is a VITAL NATO ally can't get fuck all. is it time for them to switch to CSTO?
Unfortunately doing so would offer them no power. At this point it would be a lopsided alliance with Russia as the dominant partner. Turkish involvement in NATO came about for this express reason. To avoid enslavement to the East.

>turkey
>VITAL NATO ALLY
>absolutely not. it is becoming incredibly clear that our interests do not align with Turkey's. They have welded themselves into a geopolitical alliance that offers us zero benefit, yet gives Erdogan free reign to spit in our eye unimpeded. They need to be divorced from Europe (to which they have no legitimate tie) and divorced from NATO

This is also true in my honest opinion. The Turks have no place in NATO, their only role during the Cold War was to keep the CCCP our of the Mediterranean. Something which at present, is no longer necessary.

imho I agree with Peter Zeihan we should bail from NATO entirely. Or at least enforce a more lopsided trade relationship.

>imho I agree with Peter Zeihan we should bail from NATO entirely
Oh god, you're not that moron who is enthralled with Peter Zeihan are you?

Well, you're probably retarded regardless since you want to give Russia total control over the Black sea.

Pretty sure that's a mockup so nobody gives a shit.

That make's more sense then.

Kebab is unreliable at best, Kimchi is a better ally and more importantly not going to give Russia access to their systems which Kebab would, because they are too incapable to build it themselves.

Because they're not subhuman turkroaches, you subhuman turkroach.

Because we don't want them to cut off our S-10 galaxie phones dude. Duhhh

But....our 'best ally' matzo ball sold our tech to the commies. So, does that make kebab better friend than matzo?

Attached: Cant_Have_Nice_Things.jpg (600x485, 51K)

Because Turks are filthy roaches not loyal cocksleves, which makes Amerimutts basedboys uncomfortable

>go to airshow in US
>see F-35
>surrounded by a fence with armed guards
>meanwhile in SK, no fence and no guards
Funny, I went to an airshow in FL a couple weeks ago that had two F-35s sitting on the tarmac with no armed guards, just some chairforce guys in shitty edgy demo uniforms that would take groups of people around the F-35s as close as those Sorks.

Reminds me of that user who licked one at an airshow while his mates covered him.

Japan sent the most advanced research vessel in search of the missing F-35 fighter (F35), in order to have time to return top-secret technology before they reach Russia or China.

Attached: 1555852029629.jpg (642x850, 350K)

What difference would it make? The Russian Navy is in such a sorry state that they could completely surround the Black Sea and own the Dardanelles and the Bosporus and still not be able to break out into the Mediterranean.

>Russian Navy is in such a sorry state
you're a retard. only their carrier is shit.

That's a funny way to say all the fleets and squadrons are shambling corpses, besides the North Fleet.

In Russia, the first-stage engine AL-41F-1 was launched into mass production for the fighter of the new generation Su-57, this is evidenced by the presentation of the enterprise-developer of the power unit of the OKB Design Bureau Cradles.

“Transfer of the AL-41F-1 engine to serial production - 2018 October 2018 - a decision on the assignment of O1 letters was issued (it means readiness for transfer to serial production). November 2018 - the transfer of the engine design documentation to the serial production is completed, ”the document says.

It is noted that during the development work 38 engines were built, 30 of which were intended for flight tests of the Su-57.

If Turkey is removed from NATO, they will resort to ICBMs and nuclear weapons.

ahvalnews.com/security/us-turkish-break-could-lead-nuclear-nightmare-american-interest

>If that happens, the Turkish government could probably develop deliverable nuclear warheads at least on its side of the ocean within two to three years,” said Garfinkle.

>The Turks have no place in NATO, their only role during the Cold War was to keep the CCCP our of the Mediterranean.
Isn't the Bosporus just as essential now as it was then? I hate the Turks and all, but as long as they hate Russia more than they hate the West they are probably going to stay part of NATO's Russia containment plan.
>Something which at present, is no longer necessary.
Explain.

are they making their phones in China now? I ditched Samsung after 3 phones in a row had their charging port get bent out of spec

>But....our 'best ally' matzo ball sold our tech to the commies. So, does that make kebab better friend than matzo?
Never trust semites, no matter what flavor. InB4 Turks technically aren't semitic: they are ME muslims so that's basically being culturally Arabized.

Attached: 1553548341562.jpg (156x200, 17K)

>are they making their phones in China now?
No idea about Samsung. I use a cheap ZTE that I have had for almost 5 years.
>Never trust semites, no matter what flavor.
Wise words there fren.

Attached: damnright.gif (500x281, 974K)

>What difference would it make? The Russian Navy is in such a sorry state that they could completely surround the Black Sea
Because it cuts off NATO's naval access to Ukraine.

>Turkish Aerospace Industry
>Develop ICBMs
kek

Nah man, their entire blue water navy is a clusterfuck. Their sub force is still relatively capable, but it's aging fast, and Russia doesn't have enough money to replace it.

Turkey is a sponsor of many violent Islamist groups in the Middle East.

So is the US.

North Sea only has Peter the Great. Pacific fleet has Gorshkov class frigate.

Because geopolitics is a clown show. You have the F 22 blocked from export sales to protect key technology. Then you have the F 35, which by the DoD's claims is more advanced and superior to the 22, sold like wheat to everyone from Turkey to South Korea.