Shitty gun stores

I fucking hate gun stores. I wish I could just have shit sent directly to my house so I don't have to deal with them.

>be me
>wanting to buy Tac-14
>Classic has them for $265 online
>decide to go to LGS to see if they have it
>$400
>tell the guy about the online price
>refuses to price match
>gets angry
>starts ranting about online stores hurting business

The old dude was such an asshole about it. I offered him $265 for the gun and told him that was how much they sold for online. His response was "well go buy it online then". He then started going on about how I was hurting local businesses by shopping online. I told him that he was hurting his own business by refusing to price match and he just huffed and put the gun back in the case.

Why do local gun stores suck so bad? It's always a bunch of bubbas or old ass Fudds. The guy should have been willing to price match, it's 2019.

Attached: 120314AJ_594Starts (1).jpg (800x600, 75K)

Other urls found in this thread:

championfirearms.com
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

$400 is unreasonable about OP is a monumentally stupid piece of shit for thinking brick and mortar stores should be able to price match the lowest price online, especially a non-chain store like a gun shop. Gas yourself then go learn about economics and overhead, OP

I would be happy to pay a 15% premium just to be able to walk out with it and not have to deal with shipping times. My LGS can't ever even get that close...

You should have offered to pay him what you would have in shipping and handling on top of the online price to make it fair

This is bait
>inb4 OP is a communist kike
>inb4 learn economics kid
>inb4 boomer vs zoomer posters
Blah blah blah same shit different day

dude. they offer a service where you can go and check out the gun yourself in person. Also provide transfers if need be in your state accessories and so on.

Every product has a certain percentage it needs to sell for in order to keep the business from going under.

At least with a retail store you won't have to worry about any broken parts or bad quality control with online stores. You get to check out the actual one your going to buy.

Sure it is expensive but you don't have to get angry dude just understand that this store needs to sell it for a certain quota and if they refuse to then just go onto the next one or order it online.

End of the day, that gunshop is the one who missed out, OP was justing looking for a good price

That doesnt make sense though. Because I don't have to pay shipping if I buy it in the store so why would I pay him shipping to just hand it to me?

>muh overhead
Don't care. That's not my problem. Maybe he should move to a cheaper store if he has that much trouble paying for it.

This. He could have had $265 in his pocket but instead he missed out and that gun will just sit on his shelf.

How bad of an idea is it to run a home-based FFL as a side hustle?

I think it would be pretty easy to specialize in online orders and undercut the competition (bunch of boomer gun shops with huge overhead) by running them for $20 per form. Thoughts?

Attached: A749E0E5-4B62-4692-80EC-7398631A6E59.png (700x400, 92K)

Isn't that illegal?

Oh good, now I have to sit and explain how business works to the local poorfags

There is a very good chance that the store would've lost money if he'd sold it for $265. "Bu-but Budd's can sell it for that much and make a profit?!" Yeah, because Budd's is buying them in units of hundreds rather than maybe half a dozen. This gets them massive bulk discounts, in addition, they don't need to run a store front which is expensive, overhead is a lot more than rent, its insurance, utilities, employee pay, taxes, etc. There's a very good chance that if he went for the $265 he would've made little or no money, why the fuck would he sell to OP when he could wait for someone else who'd either pay his price or be willing to negotiate to something more reasonable.

Now before I get called a shill I try to buy online as much as possible, but there's a reason brick and mortar stores are more expensive.

Attached: blackholehead.png (700x700, 350K)

>That doesnt make sense though. Because I don't have to pay shipping if I buy it in the store so why would I pay him shipping to just hand it to me?

we got a live one...

If you buy online: price+shipping+FFl transfer fee= your total cost

If you buy local: price+tax= your total cost

>get firearms permit to sell to others from ATF
>isn't that illegal?!
Nogunz and nigger tier-IQ posters need to leave

A guy I work with runs an at home ffl, all I have to pay besides the gun and shipping is $30 for the background check. It's pretty convenient

This.
BrEh you’re either a teenager or retarded. Private stores aren’t wall mart. You pay for convenience at LGS, they will not/cannot price match that, because there’s no magic profit margin that appears when you order a gun for some autist and sell it for what you ordered.

Attached: 0A890331-6973-4E6E-9151-D1FD19071CF9.gif (600x300, 3.4M)

>At least with a retail store you won't have to worry about any broken parts or bad quality control with online stores.
Lol, you're funny.

Right, but if I buy local why would I pay for shipping on top of that? You're logic makes no sense.

>You pay for convenience at LGS
If I want convenience I go to 7-11. A gun store isn't doing me some "favor" just by being there. That's a load of BS. I know that these places double their prices and that the manufacturers give them discounts. So that guy probably only had $175 or so in the gun.

>classic has them for $265
>then you pay $80 in shipping and fees
>then you still pay the FFL transfer fees, probably around $50-$100 depending on FFL
>almost certainly pay more then $400 when it's all said and done, then wait weeks
KYS

>I know that these places double their prices
Well that one definitely came right out of your ass.
As said you're either a kid or just phenomenally stupid.

>If you buy local: price+tax+store rent+employee salary+insurance+electricity+shipping to the store= your total cost
Ftfy

>>then you pay $80 in shipping and fees
>>then you still pay the FFL transfer fees, probably around $50-$100 depending on FFL
LMAO @ this BS.

Boomer gun shop owner detected.

>, probably around $50-$100 depending on FFL
OP is a mouth breathing, knuckle dragging retard but what fresh hell do you live in where FFL transfers go up to $100?

>Well that one definitely came right out of your ass.
No, it didn't. All you have to do is watch any show where they buy and sell things and they usually always try to double their money. Pawn Stars is a good example of this. I don't see why a gun store would be any different. They want to double their money.

if you wanted to buy it online, why didn't you just buy it online instead of wasting everyone's time?

I wanted to see if I could get it for a similar price locally so I could have it sooner.

But instead I had to deal with boomer assholes that don't understand how to economics and price match.

Retard missing the point. All those costs are rolled up into the price they present, whereas online shops basically never advertise prices to include shipping and fees. That's part of the reason they can advertise so low; They are simply not advertising final price like a local shop does.

Yeah at least online they just don’t tell you rather than lie about it.

>$20 shipping
>$25 ffl
are you fucking retarded?

>well I saw it on TV therefore it's fact
W E W
>I saw a TV show about a completely different business, therefore the principals applied there naturally must apply to all other businesses that buy and sell things
Bud when you crank the heat up in the fall, does the thermostat register higher than your IQ?

Because it was already shipped there by the LGS and they need to make up that cost?
Expecting an LGS to price match is ridiculous. Expect to at least pay online price plus shipping and taxes.
If OP had offered something around 300 they might have been more willing to negotiate.
What you're paying for in a brick and mortar store really is convenience. You don't have to wait days/weeks for it to arrive, and you can inspect it on the spot.
It's not hard to be polite, and it's also not hard to just leave if you don't like the place. The owner may have been an asshole, but there's a reason only giant retailers will do online price matching. Small businesses just can't afford it.

FYI lots of pawn shops sell guns as well. So it's not a completely different business.

Maybe get some more education instead of making yourself look bad, ok?

Please tell me you're only pretending to be retarded

>understand how to economics and price match.
>expecting everyone to buy into the price matching meme and getting so buttmad about someone refusing to that you go to a Milanese Soccer Uniform Seamstress' Forum and make a whole thread about it
Zoomer confirmed

Convenience is not worth $150. If he were a true businessman he would have been willing to negotiate with me by selling the gun for $265. But he missed out.

The only retard here is you. You've clearly never taken an economics class. The man could have sold the gun but he missed out and made 0 profit by being a dickhead.

Your LGS obviously won't be able to match the online price.
Online price + shipping + transfer fee is more reasonable though.
However, I rarely buy from gun stores because fuck paying extra taxes to the government. I don't know how they get away with not charging sales tax when Amazon was forced to start taxing everything but I'm going to take advantage of it while it lasts.

>30 dollars to receive a package and run a name through NICS
That's an asinine amount of money. My last FFL before moving was 10 fucking dollars flat and the new one is 15. You're getting fucked.

>Pawn shops are the same business as gun shops
>All businesses that have even a small overlap in inventory type must obviously be essentially the same business
>Pawn Stars is a source of reliable information
>Lol git gud at smartness like me by watching TV and taking it as gospel
Pottery

I normally would agree just buy it online but I love my local shop. The owner is extremely knowledgeable and friendly and informative. Plus he had some city council people try to take down his shop after parkland so I don’t mind giving them my money. They had protestors outside after parkland lmao (we live on the opposite side of the country) for example I pay 20 instead of 15 for lancers but it feels good

>Tac-14
Wait a month, then go back to the store. It will be worth about $200 once the rust sets in really good.

>entire thread calls you retarded
>no ur the retard REEEEEEEE

I guarantee you don't own any guns

They are both FFLs though.

I'm going to assume you're just baiting at this point. For your sake I hope that's the case.

>negotiate with me by selling the gun for $265
>negotiation is when someone just gives me what I want because I asked for it
>The man could have sold the gun but he missed out and made 0 profit by being a dickhead
>Hah what a loser! He could have easily made a tidy $30 loss by agreeing to my demands! Now he'll be sitting there like a loser who didn't lose money and still has product to sell!
Dude every post you make is somehow dumber than the last one

so you wanted something sooner, but you weren't willing to pay more for that benefit
why didn't you buy it online then?

My guy does it out of his house and charges $21 per form

Well, you'd have to pay $50+ for the transfer fee, plus shipping. $400 is a little more, but you have the added convenience of being able to go home with it immediately. Giving the guy shit about the pricing scheme he doesn't control is just you being an edgy asshole.

>see guns or parts online
>go check local gun shops
>not in stock or double the price
>go home and order online anyway
>ship to a nearby insurance agency that just so happens to handle transfers out the back door

$20 transfers but free of you have their insurance. Too bad their insurance is twice what I currently pay.

Attached: DF1BD5F9-C886-473F-9C10-237B87B9CEA3.png (700x528, 499K)

>One business runs by lowballing 75 IQ addicts out of their stolen property and heirlooms, then turning around and selling it for double
>The other mainly buys new product from manufacturers or distributors and resells it
>YEAH BUT THEY BOTH ARE CERTIFIED TO SELL GUNS SO HOW COULD THEIR BUSINESS BE DIFFERENT???
>LOL U MUST BE TROLLING
And yet again you somehow continue to get stupider and stupider with every post.

Honestly after this thread I'm tempted to go back every now and then just fuck with the guy by asking to look at guns then not buying anything. Or talking shit about his prices while I'm there.

>$50 transfer
Where are you retards getting these numbers from?
Are you too dumb to search FFLs?

Jeez, you're worse than the guy that wouldn't shut up about PSAs mag prices for like a week straight

>wasting your time so you can waste someone elses because people called you fucking stupid on a siberian tonsil examination smoke signal exchange site
wow ur so cool

In that guy's defense, PSA did jack up their prices right after that court decision by "conveniently" ending a "sale" that had been going on for months on end.

>try to buy 9mm at any store
>even 115 grain is 25 cpr anywhere you go
>buy online
>often 18 cpr or less on most websites, including Brownells

Fuck a brick and mortar store.

You're a moron, and unreasonable as fuck to not expect to pay item + shipping + tax + FFL fee

...because no fucking matter where you go, you're going to spend AT LEAST that much.

Finally someone else gets it.

I really wish we did not have to do transfers so that we could avoid gun stores all together.

Why should I have to pay an FFL fee if I am not an FFL? That makes no sense.

>Shipping
>FFL Fee
IF you at least negotiated off of that I'd be more sympathetic, but you sound like a raging retard right now expecting him to sell to you at cost.

Lurk moar

Attached: brainlettttt.jpg (800x450, 45K)

It's not only that their prices are terrible, they're run either by fudds or tactical beards. Both are fucking insufferable know-it-all pieces of shit.

>don't buy that gun get a 1911
>dont buy that gun get a Glock
>we don't do transfers here
>Pmags $25 each
>CZ factory magazines $50 each

>to sell to you at cost.
He would not have been selling at cost, you dumbass. If Classic had the gun for $265 then clearly they weren't selling at cost. So the cost for a dealer should be something less than that. His 400 price was a massive markup. Offering 265 was not "cost".

>tactical beards
Sometimes these are worse than Fudds.

>store filled with overpriced molle gear
>$65 for a simple mag pouch
>moron labia or gadsden flags everywhere
>stench of unwashed fat rolls

>Classic
Has the economy of scale behind them buying that shit pallets and probably has deals worked out with major manufacturers.
Again, if you had negotiated at shipping and ffl fees bringing the cost to you around $290 I wouldn't think you're a literal reeeing retard.

My LGS just prices their new guns at MSRP by default, as far as I've seen. I suspect their money is actually earned by selling ammo & accessories to people over many years. By not price gouging on the initial investment, they're enabling that more profitable, longer-term relationship.

Attached: gunmage.jpg (851x315, 53K)

And then the idle chatter

>ran muh Glock
>ran muh AR
>run
>ran
>need to run muh night vision goggles and plate carrier when I hear noise at night

80 might be a bit high but I usually pay at least 30 for shipping and the best ffl transfer fee around my area is 50 dollars. The listed online price is never the final price you spend unlike in stores where all the shit gets added together first.

So you're a beggar and a chooser?
You do realise convenience will cost you? Maybe not $400 but I'd say you should've paid at least $300 to get it in person.

Attached: 87F10A99-332B-4679-B310-26C0E1440FF3.jpg (1024x768, 111K)

The seller pays significantly less than the MSRP. MSRP is what the company or distributor suggests to the seller so they can make a profit. Paying MSRP is just fine, but paying more is shit.

>80$ in shipping
maybe if you ship it to the fucking moon
stop over exaggerating

i bought a mak from classic
>265$
>free shipping
>45$ transfer

TURBO AUTISM
THE POST

Go back and appologize for being a dumb cunt.

If you pay MSRP you're retarded.

Clearly not because he refuses to pay for them.

Attached: 1536493773632.jpg (421x557, 46K)

Oh, I'm going to go back but I will certainly not be apologizing to his boomer ass

See

>paying MSRP is fine
Ok dumbass

Attached: gib-me-dat-for-free-hungry-santa-31011093.png (500x381, 76K)

OP, I hope you realize that LGS's dealer cost was probably higher than that online price. Gun distributors offer pricing by volume. The big online shops buy far more volume than LGS does so they get far better prices.

I know several FFL holders who all buy from Bud's because their retail price is even lower than their dealer costs straight from Lipsey's, Lew Horton, etc.

Gold and Silver Pawn is absolutely not a FFL. They're rather explicit about that.

>insurance company that does FFL transfers
that would make me like Farm Bureau a lot more

>overhead
Okay Rick...

>local gun store is owned by my friend's parents
>always look up prices online for the gun that I want before I ever go to the gun store
>walk into gun store, talk to my friend's parents for a bit, ask about how he, his wife, and new babby are doing
>ask them how what kind of deal they could make me for a [insert gun model here]
>they go in the back to call their wholesale dealers and do some price figuring
>come out and usually give me a price that's below what places like Cheaper Than Dirt have posted online

And that's for new guns that they have to order, they've made me some excellent deals for used guns that are on their rack. I got my 80's model Marlin 1895 .45-70 with micro-groove rifled barrel for $365, I doubt it ever even had a full box of bullets run through it.

Unfortunately they sold the store to some new owners last year and I haven't been back in there since.

>dude. they offer a service where you can go and check out the gun yourself in person
None of the LGSs ever has the guns I want.

>when Amazon was forced to start taxing everything
Because they have a physical presence in the 48 states.

Why should the FFL perform a service for you to receive your shit and deal with the 4473 for free? Why should he arbitrarily (because you've provided nothing but what your dumb ass "thinks" something should cost) lower his prices from what the market will bear just to satisfy you? Fuck off commie.

>>ran
Makes me think of the photo community calling every camera a "workhorse."
I hate that word now.

Show me a brick and mortar store that charges significantly less than MSRP for firearms. In my experience they're gouging way over MSRP.

Attached: USA-1549.jpg (300x457, 28K)

It heavily depends on your state and local area; a lot of areas will require a bunch of zoning and storage regulations.

>Because it was already shipped there by the LGS and they need to make up that cost?
I can't believe how long it took someone to explain this to OP. Thank you, I was about to have an aneurism.

>Convenience is not worth $150.
Now you're moving the goalposts from the cost to the store to your own valuation of their services. If you don't like LGSs then don't go. But apparently enough people disagree with you to keep them afloat, at least for the time being.

>go to LGS/shooting range
>buy aguila for 4 bucks for a box of 50
>8 bucks for 100
>15 for .380 instead of 21.99 at other range
>several hundred dollars off of an M9A3
feelsreallyfuckingoodman

Attached: images.jpg (264x191, 6K)

>durr one pawn shop is not an FFL so that means none of them are!

How stupid are you exactly?

Sure. Champion Firearms in College Station, TX. championfirearms.com

They're pretty close to online prices for new guns....which is about the only thing they are good for.

>jack up their prices
>literally priced at MSRP like everyone else
Thanks for reminding me that nothing will make you hate your hobby like the retards who also enjoy it.

That's the example you're using and it's patently wrong, don't blame me for your stupidity.

>these many brainlets on Jow Forums
Good fucking lord what happened to this board
>$100 FFL transfers
u wot? That is ludicrously overpriced, just shy of daylight robbery.
That isn’t how you run a business you illiterate retard. You think that was a fucking pawn shop or something?
>inb4 urrr boomer
I hate boomers for the nonsense they have allowed and done to plague this country and future generations but you just sound legitimately stupid.

Yes but they only price it at MSRP after the CA ruling in order to rip those of us in CA off like a bunch of assholes.

Shipping is rarely free, although some sites will over it depending on what you buy.

Transfer fee alone is a minimum $50 these days, not including gubmint theft.

$400 may have been a bit on the high side but I would hardly say it's a ripoff, the $50 or so extra could be looked at as a convenience fee, you wouldn't have to pay a restocking fee or return shipping if you got the gun and didn't like it once you saw it in person.

user... Do you understand how supply and demand works? The Great Cali Mag Rush ran inventory essentially dry as it was; if mags had been sold at half price the only people who would have gotten them would have been a few first-comers buying in bulk. Increased prices also motivate manufacturers to ramp up production and people holding on to stocks of goods to start selling them.

>Transfer fee alone is a minimum $50 these days,
Where do you live?
Where I live (TX) it's unheard of for someone to charge over $25.

This is just trolling, everybody who responded took the bait

I really hope you're right, but I doubt it. Lots of people really are that stupid and entitled.

This thread again? Sounds more like you got laughed out of a store after autistically regurgitating some bullshit and now you're butthurt about it.

Attached: damn kites.png (680x798, 542K)

You also have to buy in bulk to get those prices and there's shipping on top of it. Ask if your LGS has a bulk deal.