Just bought a P320 Certified Pre-Owned for $399. Dealer said it's a recalled/fixed model

Just bought a P320 Certified Pre-Owned for $399. Dealer said it's a recalled/fixed model.

Can I take their word for it? Am I going to die?

Attached: 93510_1.jpg (1000x746, 94K)

Other urls found in this thread:

sigsauer.com/support/p320-voluntary-upgrade
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Dump all the powder out of a round, chamber it, and start beating the rear of the slide with a rubber mallet. If it goes off, it’s not ok

Why would you send your money on that piece of shit. Sell it and buy a CZ p10

Does the trigger look like the one in your picture or is it thinner? That's an indicator it was probably fixed. If you take the slide off you can inspect it for the added disconnect notch.

>. If you take the slide off you can inspect it for the added disconnect no

Looks like one in the picture, is that bad?

Because it was super cheap

Yes.
The fatter trigger is the older, unfixed version.

Sell it and buy a CZ p10. Or trade for one. Thank me later

Yes it is a fixed model, Sig wouldn't let the gun leave their possession if it weren't.

Not bad.

Only idiots ever thought it was a world ending thing, so Jow Forums thought the world was split and lava was coming out of the fucking floor.

Go to sig's website, sign up for the voluntary recall. They'll replace internal springs and make it better.

Or just buy an Apex flat faced trigger, install it in 5 seconds, and call it a day.

If you think it isn't, you can send it in.
sigsauer.com/support/p320-voluntary-upgrade

ok dumb question, how does one sell this pistol later on down the line? kek I'm a total fucking gun noob and I don't think this is as easy as walking into gamestop for a trade or posting it on craigslist.. so how?

I'll give you $100. Mail it to my FFL and I'll have to spend $150 on changing the barrel out to a threaded barrel.

Go on armslist.com and make an ad. Also post a for sale ad on pistol forums like ar15.com, northwestfirearms, pafoa, glocktalk, etc. It's free, the more exposure the better.

When someone wants to buy it take payment and either ship the gun to their FFL yourself or call your local FFLs to find the cheapest one to ship a firearm to another FFL and drop it off.

Yea it’s easy you just go to an FFL, federal firearms liscenced dealer (any gun shop) and ask them if they will buy your gun. Most will. They will give you cash, take possession of the firearm and give you a bill of sale

Do this if you want to be lazy and get ripped off.

Like how badly ripped off are we talking about... Like gamestop level of rip off? Cuz that's fucking bad.

Go through an FFL if you sell your firearm. You want to be 100% compliant. The point is that you need to sell the faggot SIG and get a czp10

You'll lose about 50% of your cash.

This person is a fucking moron. Ignore literally everything they're saying.

The P320 is a solid gun that works. People who think otherwise are fucking morons.

All gun shops are different of course but I've never in my life seen a gun shop pay better than 70% of a gun's actual street used value. Like if you try to sell a $500 gun, you might get $350. I'm sure there are some out there that might get within arm's reach of "fair," but I've never seen or heard of one.

Just one example: I tried to sell a brand new in box unfired HK P30, $580 is what they go for new, I wanted $500, they offered $300. Suck my fucking dick.

There's a difference between selling TO a gun shop and using a gun shop to ship a gun elsewhere. There's no reason for him to sell TO the shop, that's stupid, quit telling him to do that, bootlicker.

Dude. The CZ p10 has the best striker fire trigger on the market. It is more reliable, more accurate and safer than that piece of retarded dog shit sig p320

Why don’t you get on your knees and SUCK my balls. Who the fuck wants to create a cuckbroker account and wait for a bunch of shit kicking boomers to lowball one of a billion other sig320 that no one wants. Suck a dick. Op you should bring it to your local gun shop and see what they will give you. Avoid the headaches to make an extra 5 dollars

You're telling OP to eat a minimum of $60 to buy another equivalent gun. You're not helping him or anyone else.

I've got my fair share of CZs.

Almost every striker above $400 is the same gun, with only minor differences. Below that they're about the same as every taurus on the market.

You're just being a moronic fanboy. Get that czech out of your mouth.

I prefer the P320 over the p10

I didn't say gunbroker. Calm down, you're even less helpful when you're screeching.

does your trigger reset without racking the slide when dryfired?

OP here

I was just at the gunshop and tried CZ 10, P320 and Glock 23. The Sig clearly had the lightest trigger. CZ 10 had the snappiest and Glock had the beefiest. Maybe it was just the ones sitting in the store display cases but thats just my impression.

No, I 100% have to cock the slider back for the trigger to reset, or else nothing happens.

You are good to go

>gets mad about things that didnt happen
wew

I just bought a P-10c for $315 used ( no wear marks)

Don't listen to the cz fanfag, or anyone insisting brand x is better than brand y. The sig is a nice pistol, but you need to draw your own conclusions.

Damn, I wish I had that deal

Alternatively, I was offered a Cenik TP9SF for 349. Not sure if that would have been any better.

OP just shut up. You don’t know shit about anything. Don’t take my advice. Keep your shitty sig and blow your balls off next time you drop it. Enjoy

Well, at least two people know nothing.

And you clearly know slightly less than OP.

Is it really worth getting that angry over my sig? Whose word would I take tho... professional gunsmith and sellers or yours? lol

Besides, you're starting sound like one of those 16 year old xbox fanboys.

kek

>You don’t know shit about anything.
>blow your balls off next time you drop [your sig]
Ironic.

You did fine OP, don't worry about the crap in this thread. There's always some idiot to get mad about something.

Next Steps: Be safe, buy ammo, take lessons, shoot often, enjoy.

Not gonna go through the whole thread, but there's a simple way to check. Take the slide off and look at the bottom. At the back to the right of the striker assembly should be an angular cutout. If that cutout is present, then it's been done.

>*beats itself to death just dry firing*

>doesn't know anything about the guns he hates

>voluntary upgrade

I can usually forgive a company if they fuck something up, and will admit it and do the right thing. Recall and fix it.

This "voluntary upgrade" is bullshit. It's not a minor defect to fix durability or reliability. It's not a "ehh maybe I'll get around to sending it in someday" problem. It's making it so the gun won't fucking go off if dropped. You fucked up Sig, own it. Them trying to beat around the bush is a real shit thing to do.

I totally agree, it should have been a full blown recall from day 1 with a press release.

But let's not blow the defect out of proportion, a P320 never went off in the wild, it was only vulnerable when dropped from one very specific angle, from a particularly tall height. It passed a standard 18" concrete drop, it had to be dropped from shoulder height, higher than a hip it would be mounted to, and only a specific angle on the back of the slide/beavertail. No other angle would do it.

It's kind of amazing that anyone found the defect in the first place.

But yes, once found Sig should have owned up. They should have done the same thing with the P365 too, got ahead of the bad press and said "we found out what's wrong and we damn sure fixed it" instead of being sneaky.

At least they are still doing free "upgrades."