Palmetto State Armory

Palmetto State Armory is the greatest firearms manufacturer in modern history. Try proving me wrong (you cant)

>OK giddy

Attached: F09F22D6-9D8A-492C-A1AF-26A53BC3C3CA.png (350x172, 56K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=f3eQGOCHsi4
palmettostatearmory.com/psa-16-m4-carbine-length-5-56-nato-1-7-nitride-15-lightweight-m-lok-freedom-rifle-kit-5165450384.html
palmettostatearmory.com/palmetto-state-armory-5-56-premium-full-auto-bolt-carrier-group-8779.html?trk_msg=2K4NDH5TJ854H5B34KEDFP3TM4&trk_contact=V1J2UOCMO7QP8OG7UH5PRCGRN4&trk_sid=JA52IKHBO53AG3PAMM6VHU6V00&utm_source=Listrak&utm_medium=email&utm_term=https://palmettostatearmory.com/palmetto-state-armory-5-56-premium-full-auto-bolt-carrier-group-8779.html&utm_campaign=Daily Deal Email&utm_content=12:00 Email
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

They are the hi point of ar’s. Their ak also sucks dik

OK giddy

>want to flood the country with ARs so they can't be banned
>their guns are a respectable blend of functional and cheap
Honestly, that's kind of hard to argue with.

Fuck off shitposting /ard/

I like them the most, but i'm still annoyed about the short stroking 10.5 they sent me. I'll forgive them though, the other 3 ARs from them all run like mad, and their volume must be GIGANTIC. A mistake happens.

OK giddy

M
I
L
S
P
E
C

OK GIDDY
K
G
I
D
D
Y

>want to undercut all other viable manufacturers by subsidizing their AR sales with proceeds from other sectors of their business
>Colt files bankruptcy
Good going, guys. Taking down the Big Gun lobby, one manufacturer at a time.

This lad gets it.

They have a lifetime warranty on all their shit, so send it back and make them fix it desu.

>steals your CC info

Nothing personal, user...

Fuck colt and their overpriced garbage

OK giddy

>Colt
>A completely fucking dysfunctional company who hasn't made a new product or ensured a niche in literal decades
>Pretty much all of their post-2000 products have not been measurably better than similarly priced competition
>MUH ROLLMARK
The beauty of competition in free enterprise markets is that it trims the fat.

for real, Colt's dying because of their shit business practices. they deserve it

Thanks, Satan.

What, do you not want a free market? PSA is outperforming other manufacturers. If they die, they die, survival of the fittest.

>found your company
>mission statement: make so many affordable guns it's impossible to ever ban/collect them all

Based.

youtube.com/watch?v=f3eQGOCHsi4

Attached: psa-no-comic-324684-370248.jpg (539x657, 45K)

I really like them, but do you really think their quality is up to snuff? Im worried their ars would not be good enough for a SHTF without rule of law scenario

This, they want to get as many ARs into the hands of Americans and they don’t care what people think

Took a gamble and bought the GF3 after hearing Rob Ski's 4k update and that it's still going strong, just picked it up today. Fit and finish look good, no canted sights, everything is a tight fit, but no rounds through it yet. My range buddy has had a WASR-10 for more than 5 years, probably has close to 10k rounds through it. Excited to see how it compares in the long haul. It's more or less a range toy for me, I'm an AR guy, so even if I only put 1k a year through it, I'll be happy. I'm rooting for them.

Gonna.

Their cheapest nitride freedom kit just chugged 210 rounds on day one just fine. It put all the holes where I put the sight. If I last long enough to put 210 rounds out in "SHTF" situation I am doing very well and probably have my choice of several replacement weapons on the ground.

The quality is fine, and they sell CHF/CL barrels if you're really particular about that, you'll just obviously pay a little more. I got a CHF/CL barreled upper from them in 2014 for a little over $500 and it runs like a top, literally 0 malfunctions after several thousand rounds. Looks like you can get a similar upper for around $370 now with no BCG/CH.

Dubs of truth

Make a new gun.

I just saw in the daily deals they have a 10.5" CHF upper with Geissele MK14 9.5" rail for $500. Has the Geissele gas block too. Think I might finally bite the bullet and pick up a PSA.

I don't own any PSA stuff but that is based.

Who makes their barrels and BCG's? And how the hell do they make them so incredibly bloody cheap?

They make their own, video in explains it pretty well.

Ruger masted casting, is efficient, cheap, and quality. All on a scale that no other manufacturer can emulate. ruger is the peak.

Colt deserves it.

Wow. Just wow.

I'm starting to really like these guys.

Attached: psa testifies for us.jpg (1440x1578, 835K)

If you can afford more, buy a better rifle, but it's better than nothing and good enough for basic use.

Currently in Charleston on vacation. Should I visit the store in Mt. Pleasant?

I don't give a fuck what you do user

based

They use a ton of different companies. Its really hard to tell what is what. There's a bunch of old threads trying to figure out what they use. Mostly good, but budget oriented parts.

What I believe happens is, PSA sits around until some company has a huge stockpile of parts they think they're going to have a hard time selling, and buys the whole lot for pennies on the dollar.

Then it sits inventory until you make an order for a build kit, then one of the six dudes they have slapping together guns gets too it when he gets done with the other 70 rifles he did that day. That's why it takes forever to ship. Because the kit doesn't start being assembled until you buy it.

based satan trips

PSA will eventually be the Amazon of guns. They're not at that point yet, but it's only a matter of time.

You can put together a "freedom" mostly mil-spec M4 or A4 clone for $500. Or you can add on some Magpul furniture, a modern barrel length and gas system, free float handguard, and some "premium" parts like the EPT trigger and FN barreled upper for about $700 and get a comfy 2MOA rifle. They are good with returns and repairs. Unless you are going Gucci, are an autistic, or would prefer to support a local shop, why wouldn't you?

They used to source things externally, but over the past few years they've bought out a handful of machine shops and make their stuff in house, there's one video that shows how they even manufacture their own birdcages. That's also why their stuff is so cheap, that and like you said, finding deals from certain manufacturers if the builds call for it (Magpul, Geissele, Midwest, etc.). Buddy of mine ordered a completed upper and completed lower from them, the upper was at his house in 3 days, the lower was at his FFL in 4. I ordered one of the GF3s and it was shipped in 24 hours.

>$500
Maybe a lot less than that. I just saw this deal:
>palmettostatearmory.com/psa-16-m4-carbine-length-5-56-nato-1-7-nitride-15-lightweight-m-lok-freedom-rifle-kit-5165450384.html

$300 for a 16" carbine upper with free float m-lok handguard, plus a full lower build kit. Add in a $40 stripped upper, $20 for your transfer fee, and $50 for a set of MBUS sights, and you're sitting right at $410 (maybe a bit more if you can't find the MBUS set on sale) for a fully functional rifle with sights. ($50 more for a mid length barrel, for whatever reason, which is still a great price).

Just a few years ago, it used to be the case that a free float handguard put a $200 premium on the price of a barreled upper. PSA treats them as if they are the same or less expensive than a fixed front sight. It is absolutely nuts.

Bud's is currently the Amazon of guns, except that they don't make anything themselves. PSA does, so they can offer lower prices for more profit margin because there's no middleman to pay off.

I think that we all overestimate the amount of business that Buds does and underestimate the amount of business that PSA does. Buds' prices aren't even that good. The only draw they have is the ease of finding an FFL on file through their system, but that's only appealing to first time buyers. I believe that most purchases of guns on the internet are made by buyers who have done it before, so they aren't going to buy from Buds for almost all of their "deals."

Colt has gone broke multiple times. It's a shell corporation and it's what happens when govt contracts are all you care about.

colt is rich as fuck again and drowning in both domestic and foreign contracts.

Not once has any person been able to explain why PSA is less than good. I buy metal parts for a living, mass produced, small parts. I know the metalurgy, processing, cost tear down methods, so who here has the ability to explain what part of a PSA rifle is shit tier. Oh yeah, i spent a decade selling metallurgical measurement equipment and was in The FN plant in Columbia SC so please tell us all about your insight on why PSA is less than a Colt.

kill yourself (with a rope)

>please trust my informed opinion about metallurgy
>by the way, I work for PSA, but obviously I'm unbiased

The other sectors being....? Negro hair products? Potato chips? Carpet? Oh! Guns yeah you're a sharp one arnt ye?

Attached: 1554686816844.jpg (960x960, 237K)

Non-AR guns, ammo, accessories, lifestyle, etc.

Barrels could be FN, also in Columbia, or Wilson. All the other parts like the bolt they could do with a CNC or high speed machining setup.

What do you mean "budget oriented" a milspec Carpenter 158 bolt is made from steel from Carpenter, a steel company. The steel grade 158 is patented. There is no "budget oriented" grade of Carpenter 158. The heat treatment is per MILSPEC, there is no "budget oriented" heat treatment. The triggers are milspec or 3rd party, so you can have anything you want for a trigger. The only other critcal point is the barrel to upper milling, and the bolt carrier alignment which you upgrade from milspec if you're hot shit. So tell us what is "budget oriented" that makes a difference and why. What? You don't know.

>What do you mean "budget oriented"
Why do you ask this, as if you were expecting a serious response? You know you're talking to a barely illiterate mongoloid, right?

doing god's work

I work for a company that makes hundreds of thousands of small, precision metal parts. Our team buys a lot of metal parts and steel for stampings. I'm trained to evaluate if im paying a good price for materials, processing, shipping. Ive done this for 3 companies known to everyone here. So tell is all about what is so inferior about PSA vs any AR under $1000, and same barrel spec?

Not doxing. I go for top brand handguns in stainless, a Citori, a PSA AR, maybe two. Two trade-in Police Magnum 870s (magnaflux receivers) see a pattern? Not rich, but if I wanted an DD or LaRue, money would not be a limitation, I'd just buy it. I know what im getting and why. There is going to be no difference in probibility of catastrophic fail between a PSA and any sub $1200 AR just a manufacturers tax, trigger grade, barrel grade. If you buy blem PSA parts and put the money into the barrel and trigger, free float, and reload your own ammo, you are going to have a gun that works very well at 300M. If I was a professional solder, I'd have a LMT or LaRue but Im not.

Apparently

John Lovell just recently released a video saying his PSA that he's been running for a year has been flawless in terms of reliability. The only thing he didnt like was the buffer and buffer spring because it "affected his internal recoil timing" or some nitpicky shit.

I fail to see the problem, just get an Anderson if you really want a pony on your lower. There is no reason at all to pay more than $50 for a forged milspec lower.

I bought one of their uppers a few years ago and it's been great. So this thread made me want to check them out again, maybe for an ar-10.
This wasn't there the last time I visited their sight and I find it hilarious.

Attached: Untitled-1.jpg (786x81, 50K)

Basically complaining about a carbine gas system on a 16" barrel? Yeah. Shit is gay, we all know.

>be me
>spend 475 dollars on PSA AR kit and 3 Mags
>assemble kit
>Shoot all day, runs fine
>throw ODG Fagpul furniture on, feels firmer than base bullshit
> throw budget 1-4X variable zoom
>still shoots fine
>literally 0 problem with my PSA AR
Yeah Idk why the elitists shit on them, I haven't bought a PSA AK yet, but I probably will. I did a ton of research before I bought the AR kit, and all of the youtube reviews and torture tests were good, friendly testimony was good. Honestly unless you are into competition shooting, or you just want a gucci af AR, PSA is an awesome choice.

Attached: 0E44115C-7C46-4A51-B178-5BFDD5C948BA.jpg (1576x2098, 421K)

I own one gun, a psa 10.5 pistol, and I love it.
$500 for a 12' M-lok free floated handguard, sba3 brace, magpul furniture, and of course the bcg, ch, barrel, muzzle device, assembled lower.
The day I picked it up I ran 600 steel case rounds with 0 regard for the gun, getting it really hot, dumping mags. Had no issues.
I'm putting a flashlight, rds, and sling for boogaloo autism, whole build will come out to like 800.I'd seriously trust a PSA AR with my life.
As far as accuracy is concerned, I simply don't care, MOA queens can't even shoot that good to begin with.

They shit on them because they can't get over how much they spent on their marginally better rifles.

FUCK PSA FUCK PSA
U
C
K

They GOUGED their prices during the California magazine ban lift so that those of us in the state would have to pay more. They claim to support the 2A but they are just price gouging assholes!

Pic fucking related.

forgot pic

Attached: CAsucks - Edited.png (1046x558, 199K)

They aren't the best, but they are the most based

>they didnt extend their sale when california decided to end their mag ban for 3 days reeeeeeeeeeeeee

they did not, youre an idiot and weve been through this multiple times with you

all they did was end a sale and I don't blame them.

Obvious bait

I'm the user who cropped the pictures of all the other sales sites to counter you. If 5 examples in 5 minutes wasn't enough to prove that was the standard price, I don't fucking know what to tell you.
That's even a lower price than if you bought directly from magpul you dumb faggot.
If you bought them in more than 1 quantity they also became cheaper.

Attached: Untitled.png (1796x699, 368K)

$12 is a great price, wtf are you talking about retard

>selling mags for standard price
>gouging
user, I'm afraid you may be retarded.

This is about PSA and NOT any other site. I don't care what anyone else sold them for. PSA """conveniently""" ended their """sale""" that had been going on for months straight they day that this ruling came down.

It is gouging. They sold the mags at a discount for so long that the discounted price was the standard price. You are retard.

It was long scheduled to end before the court date had even been sent you fucking retard.
How do you feel about cheaperthandirt, user.
There was still a code for free shipping across their entire site, and you could buy them in packs of 10 at a discount as well.

You've got no legs to stand on user and know that you're 100% alone in your opinion. Feel free to keep posting in response to anything about PSA; you're just going to keep getting shut down immediately.

A discount being long running does not mean that the lowered price becomes the new standard

Fuck off, you divide and conquer gun grabber
We'll never fall for your bullshit

Sounds like basic supply and demand to me. Doesn't sound very capitalist of you.

I found the real pic for you. I snagged this just prior to them starting to take heat. Keep up the good fight and remember, always support Cheaper than Dirt. They're the real deal!

Attached: PSA.png (987x900, 270K)

kek

Attached: PoorFearlessDragon-size_restricted.gif (252x252, 1.25M)

They were the first company to sell to CA when the court decision came through and worked until literally the last minute getting as many mags out the door as possible, prioritizing those orders so they could ship out as many as possible. How the fuck is selling at just below MSRP "price gouging"? I think some of that liberal entitlement is rubbing off on you. People like you are why we can't have nice things.

The invisible hand of the free market favors individual liberty.

PSA is continuing to improve their products via manufacturing and supplier optimization, Kaizen / Six Sigma manufacturing theory, and cutting profits to the bone.

Why?

Because their mission is clear: make ARs and AKs meet the definition of "in common usage" from the Scalia majority opinion in "Heller v. Washington DC." That will guarantee in perpetuity the right to own ARs, and whatever semiautomatic rifle evolves from that platform.

I love what they are doing and when we see the final results from Robski over at AKOU 47-74, the PSAK47 GF3 may be the premier American made AK-47. I bought one, quality seems to be right up there with a WASR-10. It's a solid entry-level AK, and that's because they take customer feedback and make improvements in their products. What more could you want from a company?

Attached: 2019-01-2 PSAK47 full kit.jpg (4032x1376, 1.86M)

Fuck off retard

ATTENTION POORFAGS WHO WANT GUCCI ON A BUDGET:

palmettostatearmory.com/palmetto-state-armory-5-56-premium-full-auto-bolt-carrier-group-8779.html?trk_msg=2K4NDH5TJ854H5B34KEDFP3TM4&trk_contact=V1J2UOCMO7QP8OG7UH5PRCGRN4&trk_sid=JA52IKHBO53AG3PAMM6VHU6V00&utm_source=Listrak&utm_medium=email&utm_term=https://palmettostatearmory.com/palmetto-state-armory-5-56-premium-full-auto-bolt-carrier-group-8779.html&utm_campaign=Daily Deal Email&utm_content=12:00 Email

the PSA Premium BCG is the same thing as a Toolcraft BCG. Only the Premium, and it’s on sale, so buy it if you need a BCG.

Suck my cock nigger

Attached: As austin powers would say its a man baby _c6a9c7446ce9666eb8a7d1d9850ae05f.jpg (380x281, 13K)

Agreed. Seeing what they did with the AK-P and that they're taking all the gen 1's that they fucked up, admitting "we fucked up", and upgrading it to gen 2 for FREE is amazing. It's also why I picked up the GF3. It's been fine so far and I know that if something goes wrong, they'll fix it for free.

I don't get it; is he trying to turn himself into a meme? That's extremely extremely extremely low effort.

Why do you even want to buy extended magazines anyway? Especially from PSA?

There's really no reason to even own an extended magazine because they aren't that useful. Seriously. Just stop buying them.

Just take my (you)

Grabbers say the darndest things.

It's a shoop and 30 rounds is standard not 'extended'; but I got the bait well enough.

Checked for truth.

ok giddy

OK giddy