Alright boys, I'm thinking about getting a Glock, but I'm not sure if I should get a 17 or a 19...

Alright boys, I'm thinking about getting a Glock, but I'm not sure if I should get a 17 or a 19, and since I'm a poor I'm looking to buy used, preferably under $400 if possible.
Also, what accessories or upgrades should I invest in, if any? I just want a good defensive handgun to keep on my desk, as I'm home by myself a lot and am on my computer almost all day. I don't want some poornigger shit and I want something with plenty of aftermarket options, so you probably can't dissuade me from a glock.
Anyway, 17 or 19 and why? Also, what accessories and why?

Attached: glawk fawdy.jpg (500x500, 79K)

Other urls found in this thread:

80pbuilder.com
ammoland.com/2019/04/brownells-p80-g26-frame-w-g26-rmr-slide-window/
recoilgunworks.com/glock-pistol-night-sights-very-good-condition-p-24085.html
youtu.be/8YMA7Y7aer0
youtu.be/IyYvTZu5nos
youtu.be/v_GUYgKJOrs
youtu.be/SiSHrgrUr00
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

19 unless you have fat fuck obese hands

Go outside and put them both in your hands

One is bigger one is smaller.
Whichever one you get, make sure you get decent sights, Glock is known for shitty, gritty triggers and cheap plastic sights.

Attached: EBB293C8-67DE-4867-B0AC-5F1D9F1EC33A.jpg (1448x1632, 346K)

I love my gen 5 19. Dont listen to the memes and glock haters. 99% are no guns fucks who have never even held a real fire arm before. I will recommend looking into different sights though night sights are pretty nice

Lmao yeah, I shot a 19 the other day and it was bigger than I thought
As I said above, I actually shot a Glock 19 Sunday and I really liked it. I've never handled a 17 before, though
Yeah I have a bit of experience with Glock triggers and they aren't the best, but it's worth it for a gun that won't go off on its own. I didn't have any issues woth the sights but I would go with metal anyway

Get the 17. You can’t go wrong with that choice

>I'm thinking about getting a Glock
lol why?

Why not get CZ Op, it’s cheaper and just as good

Get a G19. If you want more rounds it can of course take the G17 or G18 magazines. If you EVER want to conceal it you’ll be glad you got the 19.

Build your own

80pbuilder.com

Yeah, most 'glocknade' memes are from the era when they were first experimenting with 10mm and retards who think +P will work in glawks
I'll handle both and see what I think
Because they're good, reliable pistols with plenty of aftermarket options. Did you have a better idea?

What's so good about the CZ?
I was thinking that too
Real shit?

I generally recommend the 19 because it is a very good middle ground. It is still big enough for comfortable shooting but small enough that it can be concealed in a pinch. The 17 is better if you have particularly big hands.

I recommend trying both out for size at any lgs and then ordering.

Yes it's real, and it's way better than a factory glock.

ammoland.com/2019/04/brownells-p80-g26-frame-w-g26-rmr-slide-window/

I hate owning a handgun I fucking hate myself and I barely want to be alive, I have hobbies and none of them even make me very happy anymore, I want to die but my family would find my body and it would destodt them so I can't but it's there in my closet every day tempting me I fucking hate it because for years I said I wouldn't do it cause hanging myself would be too hard or some dumb shit but now I have no excuse and every day it shows I'm too much a failure to even have the balls to kill myself let alone better myself, which I don't want to anyway. At least blowing my brains out I could say I failed and quit but I'm too scared to hurt my family, and every day I am reminded I am the ultimate final bitch cuck piece of shit. I get so fucking an g y then remember that I could just blow my brains out but I'm too much of. A pussy and it just makes me angrier.

Get the fuck outta here.

Have you held/shot one yet? Some people have problems with the ergos. I own a Glock but if Im being completely honest with you I can't recommend a Glock to anyone who likes shooting. There are so many options that do everything it does but better, look nicer and feel better in the hand. Big aftermarket is nice for magazines but so much of it is useless bullshit that are either unreliable, unnecessary or just useless.

Get a police trade-in and it will already have metal sights on it. You don't need night sights or target sights or anything special. The only problem with Glocks is that the plastic sights are annoying to shoot with due to the size of the dot on the front sight.

Here is one example:
recoilgunworks.com/glock-pistol-night-sights-very-good-condition-p-24085.html

PD trade-in guns are available from elsewhere too. I've bought from this place and it's good to go. Ask around for other recommendations.

Attached: glock factory sights.png (1193x581, 24K)

Dude I'm trying to get glock advice, get the fuck out of here

Yeah I've shot a Glock 19, I enjoyed it. And honestly I don't care about ergonomics, I'm not gonna be putting hundreds of rounds through it every week or anything

My point is that if you're suicidal don't buy a handgun it's not worth it.

Who the fuck said I was suicidal? Can't go out and shoot and enjoy your G19 if you're dead

Between the two if you know for sure you're never going to conceal carry it and only use it for HD/range time, the 17 is mildly superior for the added barrel length/sight radius and longer grip.

Otherwise go with the 19.

Also Gen4+ Glocks have smaller 'default' frames than previous versions and take backstraps that adjust the size for your hands.

In your situation you should probably just go with whichever is cheaper and spend an extra $100-200 on ammo and range time.

lame

Glock 19.

Well, what's so good about glock?

Go for
>cheap Gen 3 or Gen 4 Police trade in
>Defoor Ameriglo sights for $30 if they come with the shitty plastic sights (LE Glocks typically have metal sights)
>a quality yet affordable handheld flashlight such as the Streamlight 1L-1AA or a rechargable Streamlight 2L-1X
>spend the rest of the money on ammunition, training and practice

Glock has plenty of aftermarket but since you’re a poorfag, a set of durable metal sights is really all you need. People will say the stock triggers are terrible but they are perfectly useable for defensive purposes.

The 17 is going to be better if you have larger hands. If you think you will conceal carry sometime in the future (which you should), the Glock 19 typically will be the better choice. It’s a small compact sized gun that can do fullsize pistol stuff.
>pic related; my Glocks

Attached: BD82CEAC-1C28-41A0-95BA-20FDAF041FF8.jpg (4032x3024, 3.83M)

Idk why people always say to spend money on 'training' and 'range time', I'm a competent shooter and live in the country, so I have a whole back yard to practice on

>I'm a poor
>what accessories or upgrades should I invest in,
none idiot
>17 or a 19
whichever one you find under 400 first beggars cant be choosers.

I would get the 17 just because its significantly easier to shoot on. Longer sight radius and whatnot. If you really wanna mag Jew or cc just cut the 17 grip down. I'm telling ya man starting with a longer barrel will make accurate shooting easier than you'd think.

>RMR
You like it? I want to buy one and put it on my 26 for no real reason.

>You like it?

Yup. Red dots on handguns is the shit
>single focal plane shooting
>dot tells you what you’re doing when the shot breaks

You will have to dedicate some time to getting accustomed to it. If you do not dryfire or practice enough, you will have a very hard time acclimating to it.

You know anything now you wish you had known when you bought one? Not sure what size or style to get.

The average person is not a competant shooter (desu a lot of gun owners aren't either) nor has a backyard in the country to shoot in, with lack of information we have to assume you are an average person.

>You know anything now you wish you had known when you bought one?

Good question. I bought mine back in Julyish and have been carrying and shooting it ever since.
>the Agency AOS slide mill is a good way to futureproof your slide as opposed to getting a specific mill for a red dot that may be rendered obsolete in a few years
>Duracell batteries are optimal for RDS reliability

Either get a 3.25 MOA or 6.5 MOA adjustable model. I picked a 6.5 MOA one because of the idea that the larger dot could be picked up quicker in a defensive encounter during rapid strings of fire compared to the 3.25 or 1 MOA. I got this from trainers like Steve Fisher and Aaron Cowan who is now actually moved to the 1 MOA RMR’s after using the 6.5 then 3.25. I have no experience with the 3.25 MOA dots but they will have much more of an exaggerated wobble than the 6.5 MOA.

Check out videos from Aaron Cowan, Scott Jedlinsk, Steve Fisher and Jim Dexter for red dot stuff. Apparently Trijicon is to unveil their new RMR at the NRAAM in a few weeks and the Aimpoint ACRO finally came out.

no gun goes off on its own user, theres always a factor that sets them off. for example dropping it. Unless a part is broken or breaking leaving a loaded gun with the hammer cocked wont set it off.

Thanks for the info. I'll check those guys out on YT and see whats up with the new RMR before I make a call on what to buy.

To add to that point, even well trained and experienced shooters can't pick up just any gun and magically be accurate. It helps yes, but to really hone your skill you need to train with the exact gun you are going to use on a regular basis.

If you're home, get the 17. If you want to carry, get a 19. If money is tight look for an LEO trade in. The trade ins will normally be 1-2 gens behind but nothing is wrong with them.

>Idk why people always say to spend money on 'training' and 'range time’

You don’t know what you don’t know. There is always things to learn that you didn’t even begin to consider when it comes to shooting and self defense.

I would bet you could learn something from these videos I picked out from the top of my head. To say you can’t learn anything new from someone with experience in teaching people how to fight or shoot is downright arrogant.

youtu.be/8YMA7Y7aer0
youtu.be/IyYvTZu5nos
youtu.be/v_GUYgKJOrs
youtu.be/SiSHrgrUr00

Shooting and self defense isn’t just standing infront of a target and pressing a trigger. Force on force scenario training is an incredible eye opener if done correctly and that is considered training.

Jow Forums is the other way you fucking pussy