Minimalist Gun Collection

Trying to build a minimalist/utilitarian gun collection. I currently own a BCM AR-15, Remington 870, Walther PPQ M2, and want to add something in 22lr.

What kind of .22 should I buy: a pistol or a rifle? Thinking either a Kidd Supergrade (pic related) or Tacsol Pac-Lite

Attached: B6D2DB15-7DFD-42EF-8443-C20490201773.jpg (1433x365, 106K)

Other urls found in this thread:

mcmillanusa.com/mcmillan-rifle-stocks/benchrest-stocks-edge/
youtube.com/watch?v=RoC8Q40NVRY
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

As much as I love CZ 22LR bolt guns, a Kidd if you can only have one.

Attached: 9isRcVZ.jpg (1024x768, 195K)

AR7 MOTHER FUCKER
AND A MAV88!

Attached: F4547DCC-8BD2-47E0-8BB8-4166DAF8E73C.jpg (640x335, 27K)

10/22 or ar7

>ar7
Hah! No that piece of shit is useless.

Just get a 10/22 to you queer
In shots its not too hard to make it almost as good as automatic

I'd get something like a Ruger 10/22 if you want semiauto, or if you want a bolt action the Ruger American Rimfire series is good.

I recommend them simply because parts for them are easy to get, and the bolt action actually uses 10/22 mags.

Seconding this; being able to blast away with a BX-25 for fun more than makes up for the (very slight) loss of accuracy you'd get in a match grade 10/22 versus a match grade CZ 452.

Pc carbine and Glock 26

Attached: F0B0B0CA-E3C0-4CCA-9F63-2F404C8BDC42.jpg (767x1024, 53K)

>AR7
No thanks
>Maverick 88
Poors pls go

Have you shot either one of those?

Longarms:
>12ga shotgun 18-26” barrel. Primarily for taking winged game but a short barrel can add versatility
>Intermediate caliber selfloading rifle with detachable magazines, shorter is better as the idea is to take advantage of your light recoil and small size for close quarters
>Rifle caliber selfloading rifle with detachable magazines, magnified optic is better. Extends range and better knockdown power if hunting large game
>(Optional)Bolt action rifle in rifle caliber, magnification required, for extended ranges beyond what your selfloading rifle caliber weapon can hit consistently

If you wanted to ditch the intermediate rifle and just shorten up the fullsize rifle caliber option then you can at sacrifice of velocity.

Handguns
>Compact doublestack 9mm. You can use extended baseplates to get fullsize capacity but have something more concealable and thus more versatile
>pocket gun, any centerfire cartridge, revolver or selfload. For when youre half awake and stumbling down to the corner store for a ham sandwich at 10:30pm and dont want to put real pants on.

For true minimalism get a .22lr drop in conversion for your AR

Nice rimfire suggestions

Nonsense. Get one of those, and soon you'll want an adapter so you can use S&W mags. Then you'll want a bunch of S&W mags. Then you'll want a dedicated .22 upper with a .22lr barrel. Then you'll get tired of swapping parts on your lower, and get another AR lower. Now you have another gun, when you set out to avoid just that.

If you are trying to keep it minimalist and you already own an AR, why not just get a .22LR upper for your existing rifle?

Here's my collection, I think that this is all that I really need. The list of things that I want is a lot longer, of course. I can recommend the CZ452, it's a lovely little plinker.

Attached: fam2019.jpg (2000x1290, 1.45M)

452 Varmint was an amazing gun for its sub $500 price point in the early 2000's.
This one is from 2002 that I picked up barely used in the McMillan stock with a Burris fine dot 6x HBR Scope for $600.
A local smith took it in on trade and it sat for years unsold in his rural Fudd deer hunter clientele shop because of the colors.

Is the wood stock centerfire a Sako?
I was the first person that knew what it was.

Attached: 452 McVarmint.jpg (1024x311, 269K)

>A pistol or a rifle
Get a braced charger, it's the only .22 you ever need

Man, I actually kind of like the stock on that thing.

minimalist arsenals.
mix+match at will

> AR with 1-6 and 18inch barrel
> SP101 in 22LR
> whichever cz scorpion is most smol

alternative
> PTR
> ruger MKIII
> glock 19

alternative
> AK with fixed power optic
> 10-22
> shield

bonus: still-viable meme alternative
> shockwave
> taurus judge
> 300winmag with fixed 10x

Attached: 0_0.jpg (1280x720, 105K)

My Gay Pride Parade Overwatch color scheme.
Mardi Gras would work too.
It is called Carolina Flame and is molded into the gelcoat.
It takes a nice coat of wax and it is a deep finish.
mcmillanusa.com/mcmillan-rifle-stocks/benchrest-stocks-edge/

It isn't listed as a named color option now but it is still on one example on the page.

A nice AK, I like chinesium personally.
A nice AR. A well put-together with good parts will suffice.
Pistol in a common caliber. I like 9mm and 45 for reasons.
12 gauge
22 rifle
hunting rifle

If I had to pick specifics, I'd go with
MAK 90
DSA kit AR
Walther P99 or a CZ clone
Mossberg 500 or 930/935
10/22
Weatherby Vanguard

IF you can't pick up the entire arsenal and run with it, you aren't minimalist yet.

Pick 3 or maybe 4 (max) and try again

i own an AR7, it's sort of neat but god it sucks

I have four rifles, one pistol, and one shotgun. My rifles all have designated roles (hunting, competition, defense, marksmanship practice). My pistol is a glock 19 that I conceal carry. My shotgun is a nice 20ga O/U for light wing shooting and clays. Some of my firearms have overlapping roles. Instead of buying more guns, I upgrade what I have with nice glass, suppressors, lessons and accessories I find useful from lessons and training.

I like Marlin's over rugers. 795 is my go to 22 semi

Just some considerations OP. Also consider the age old 1 is none, 2 is 1.....

Handguns:
- Walther P22
- Glock 19/17
- Springfield XD 9
- Springfield Mil 1911 45acp
- Beretta M9/ 92FS
- CZ 75/SP-01/P-01/ PCR

Rifles:
- Ruger 10/22
- Marlin Model 60
- CZ 455
- Ruger American Rimfire
- Remington 700 .308
- Savage Axis II .308
- Howa Hogue .308
- Ruger American .308
- Ruger Mini 14
- Century Arms WASR-10 7.62x39

Shotguns
- HR Pardner Pump
- Maverick 88
- Mossberg 590
- Mossberg 930 SPX Tactical
- Benelli Nova Tactical
- FNH P-12
- Kel Tec KSG
- Beretta 1301 Tactical
- Benelli M4 Tactical

Tried to give you a nice rounded selection. Just my humble opinion

Ruger 10/22. Ruger is like the Glock of 22's - there are so many options out there. You can buy a Ruger Charger "pistol," buy a brace adapter: youtube.com/watch?v=RoC8Q40NVRY
There's a company called Tactical Solutions who makes the "SB-X" barrel, which is essentially a barrel shroud permantely attached to a shortened barrel, so it's still 16", but you can throw on a suppressor without adding much, if any length. There's a company called Aklys defense who makes a bullpup chassis - you'll need an 18" barrel, but I've seen people SBR and suppress theirs, looks real nice.

Attached: ZK22SBR1_zps954296b0.jpg (1024x768, 98K)

Mine works and sights on after assembly is spot on. Stock on it is a bitch to shoulder as it is thiiiick but I can deal with. The new Ruger Wranger revolver has my attention to match with it though.

Idk if you’d consider this to be minimalist, but I sho do loves me some dat caliber uniformity.

>two .308 rifles
>two 5.56 rifles
>two 12ga boomsticks
>six 9mm handguns
>two .22lrs (Ruger 10/22 & Walther PPQ m2)

Attached: 8633FA0D-D3F5-4FAF-A421-2AA2DA9B5EB3.jpg (1535x2340, 918K)

If I was looking for one high quality 22 to do everything I want a .22

I'd seriously consider a Volquartsen toggle action build. I don't particularly like the 10/22 but I love the biathlon style toggle. The CZ 452 or 455 is hard to beat quality for the price. Failing those two, I might consider a lever action .22lr, the Henry actions are pretty damn slick. And the old fudds swear by the Marlin 39A accuracy wise.

Really it's down to what you enjoy as long as it can keep at least 2MOA it'll do anything you need a .22 to do. Past that it's quality and personal preference. If you need more accuracy than that you're in competition territory and that calls for specialized firearms.

10/22 takedown lite or whatever it is. Name implies it’s utilitarian capabilities, and weight.