Aimpoint ACRO™

Am I the only one that thinks this thing looks retarded?

Why did they design this things so horribly? Its is bulky, shitty sight picture, and most importantly high drag

What moron would by this over an RMR?

Attached: ACRO.jpg (1334x821, 76K)

Other urls found in this thread:

thefirearmblog.com/blog/2018/08/16/us-navy-awards-trijicon-a-handgun-reflex-sight-contract/
midwayusa.com/product/1019603720/ncstar-flip-dot-reflex-red-dot-sight-3moa-matte
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

No.

Durability in all conditions.

Someone who values durability and not having the emitter open to the elements.

What retard would put an optic on their handgun at all?

the kind of retards that like to say "tango down" at the range

checked

Attached: 1543186693337.jpg (761x563, 66K)

Sure it looks kind of goofy, but if you want an all-weather red dot then this pretty much what you want. And it's built aimpoint-tough so there's that.

Literally half of all pistol owners. For quick target acquisition

Shut the fuck up boomer

Probably look pretty dope on my MP5 clone. Too bad I already have a T1 on it.

its cause nobody has the balls to come up with a new handgun design that facilitates a optic while keeping a proper handgun form factor

it would probably look too different
and you guys don't like things that are different

RMR is already big and obtrusive enough to have on a weapon that should be worn like a wallet.

Pistols don't need optics.

Attached: e1357b70d87836a463d4188492ad3905.jpg (720x531, 89K)

In all seriousness, have there been any reviews on the Aimpoint Acro? I thought that it was released several months ago.

Okay, Elmer.

Attached: Big Think.jpg (1000x904, 119K)

>poorfags complaining about an optic that's not even out yet edition 9324326
l m a o

It was featured at Shot Show but I don't think it's released yet. Supposedly it's going to be released within the month.

No, but you're in the minority of people who care. It's a little tank with a bombass battery life. We're still not there yet, but pretty soon you're going to see pistol optics saturate the market (assuming something doesn't stop the industry, and Aimpoint is going to be one of the big names.

Attached: AImpoint-ACRO-P-1-Sheriff.jpg (900x500, 34K)

>considerably less tint than airsoft tier RMR
>much better durability
>designed specifically for pistols, not just a reworked piggyback optic
>significantly longer battery life
>don't have to remove optic to replace battery
>doesn't get rendered useless by dirt or a fucking raindrop
Trijicon must be really scared if they're already here trying to badmouth an optic that hasn't even been released yet.

Attached: raindrop rmr1.jpg (612x612, 106K)

Cool story bro, tell it again

these literally exist already

We can put people on the moon, Im sure we can figure out a way to make a reflex dot that is weather proof without it looking like a loaf of bread on your rail

Probably look pretty dope on my MP5 clone. Too bad I already have a T1 on it.

You can shit on the RMR plenty without that bullshit raindrop point, anyone who has ever actually seen one can tell that it's a 1 in 1,000,000 chance that a drop or piece of dirt will get into the emitter just right to render it useless, which is why that tired old pic is literally the only example you can find of that happening. Meanwhile I've dunked a Deltapoint into an actual toilet and its similar emitter design didn't have any issues.

Square slide, square optic.
It's like poetry, it rhymes.

I think it looks pretty cool on Glocks. Gives them a star wars blaster aesthetic. Also; sight picture is fucking fine you moron. Only problem I see it having is rear irons raised enough for co witness.

Attached: [email protected] (1713x1199, 518K)

I think it looks stupid, too. Especially for a pistol optic.
Looks like it belongs on some sort of micro smg

The kind that want to hit their targets more quickly and accurately than is possible with iron sights.

That's fine, user. Just go ahead and make fun of my degrading vision.

Attached: it'll-happen-to-you.png (1439x1079, 982K)

Function > Form
I think NASA was more concerned about how the Lunar Module performed than how it looked as well. I never hear people bitch about the Deltapoint Pro as much as the ACRO despite the DPP being taller and wider than the P1. If you're more concerned with how the Aimpoint clashes with all your tacticool gear than its numerous benefits, get something else. I'm not saying it's the definitive pistol red dot but assuming it's bad based purely on looks is retarded.

>You can shit on the RMR plenty without that bullshit raindrop point
I already did.
>that tired old pic is literally the only example you can find of that happening
I can google for you all day if you want me to. It's not as uncommon as you're hoping it is no matter how many anecdotal toilet experiments you've conducted with your not-an-RMR.

Attached: drop rmr.jpg (2448x3264, 727K)

>star wars blaster aesthetic.
In a way, the dial does look like Leah hair buns.

>considerably less tint than airsoft tier RMR
This is true but pretty irrelevant for handgun optics.
>much better durability
Debatable, also kind of a moot point since it isn't out yet and no side-by-side has been done.
>designed specifically for pistols, not just a reworked piggyback optic
I don't see what this has to do with anything.
>significantly longer battery life
RMRs have 4 years on medium setting and the ACRO is at 1.5 on a similar brightness, what drugs are you snorting this fine evening?
>don't have to remove optic to replace battery
True, but considering you only have to do that every 4 years for an RMR that's rather minor.
>doesn't get rendered useless by dirt or a fucking raindrop
Neither do RMRs really, I wonder why I can only find that one shot depicting this refraction issue.
>Trijicon must be really scared if they're already here trying to badmouth an optic that hasn't even been released yet.
Meanwhile, you're praising an optic that you haven't even seen in person, so...

The kind that spend money on everything to make them a better shooter... Except ammo.

I completely drenched mine to the point you could grow tadpoles in the reservoir.

Attached: WP_20190424_008.jpg (3072x1728, 1.36M)

*notices ur easily discernible reticle*
OwO what's this?

Attached: WP_20190424_011.jpg (3072x1728, 1.44M)

>punisher back plate
Opinion discarded

Fake RMR. doesn't count.

it's out, a few places had them for sale

people who live with their parents

>gives them a star wars blaster aesthetic
okay you fuckin dork

Because the DPP is a great reflex sight...i think its even better than the RMR because the sight picture is bigger and it has MOTAC

Or you know you could actually be in the military and be crawling through sand and mud something that actually happens pretty often. And guess what your rmr is full of dirt.

larpers dont understand this

yup cause the military issues RMR great point

Off topic but does anyone make a tritium fiber optic red dot for pistols? Or like a 2.5x prism sight? Or something non electronic?

there is literally a fiber optic Trijicon RMR

roland special mud test when

>Literally half of all pistol owners.
no,

thefirearmblog.com/blog/2018/08/16/us-navy-awards-trijicon-a-handgun-reflex-sight-contract/

Attached: 31775496_1986577551670571_3558357864747630592_n.jpg (1080x1080, 117K)

>Im sure we can figure out a way to make a reflex dot that is weather proof without it looking like a loaf of bread on your rail
>loaf

I laughed way too hard at this. In all seriousness; Is anyone considering picking one of these up? I'm tempted to be a guinea pig for this one.

>reflex dot that is weather proof without it looking like a loaf of bread on your rail
Give it time. We're still in the comically huge phase. Got to admit that I am not looking forward to re-learning my draw though.

Attached: cutting-edge-shit-in-the-80s.jpg (390x213, 28K)

Gee guess they'll have to wipe it off like any other optic that gets coated in mud in your Verdun scenario

>We're still in the comically huge phase.
How much smaller do you feel red dots can get while maintaining a usable window size?
The 17mm windows on micro Aimpoints and their chinkshit clones are already so smol that they're only slightly more forgiving than a nice LPVO.

If I'm getting a full near-future pony
1. Thin steel mounting plate
2. Efficient enough to run on lithium hearing aid batteries
3. 1/4th to 1/8th the length of the Acro
4. Some type of guide on the top, or maybe a mostly transparent top shield that isn't flimsy, to minimize the time that the dot is visibleon presentation but is occluded behind the top cover

I think it looks cyberpunk as fuck and would look amazing on a 4" AR pistol.

All Zoomers will hang

No they won't, and all younger gens eventually win generational wars by simply being patient.

Now go take your lipid meds, and would it kill you to do some cardio?

it is both revolutionary and mostly pointless, everyone will have one in 20 years and nobody will need one

Kek check em

>bulky
not much bulkier than a RMR, it just houses its laser diode inside the optic.
>shitty sight picture
the rmr has blue tint and really bad fisheye, which gives a fuck you amount of parallax. you can't hit anything unless the dot is in the center in an RMR.
>high drag
>RMR is built in the shape of an ice cream scoop
Hello, operator? I'd like to make a collect call to 1-800-come-on-now

It actually doesn't give you the fish eye effect, unlike the RMR. It also doesn't have its diode exposed to get fucked by a raindrop.Plus the lens on the diode doesn't come out under recoil like RMRs tend to do.

People said the same thing when they saw the (at the time for them) absolutely towering sights on the M9 compared to the aiming "suggestions" on top of the GI model 1911s.

>not much bulkier than an RMR
Are you talking about the right optic? Or are you literally blind?

can't have backup iron sites with the acro

>he said, in a thread with an OP image showing an acro installed in front of a rear iron sight
wdhmbt

Its not a verdun, scenario never served, think about just taking cover on the ridge of a sandy hill in afghanistan, or a dozen other places the back of an rmr is a scoop, and will fill of up the diode. it isnt just wiping off the glass. Its literally why the acro, is designed like it is so that it can just be wiped off. Holosun, and sig are both coming out with closed designs, and I cant imagine trijicon wont have a solution coming as well. Remember the RMR, was designed specifically to sit ontop of an acog, not to go on a pistol. Thats why the gen 2 came out after the whole pistol thing became so popular, to fix issues for that use case.

>I cant imagine trijicon wont have a solution coming as well
RMR Gen 3 with a sealed tube/box design won't happen until USSOCOM gets tired of the RMRs they just issued a big fat IDIQ contract for and start looking for something else to force multiply their Glocks with

fpbp

>i hate technology

Kaczynski was right.

Looks cyberpunk af bro

Ya you can have them on the gun but you can't see them through the optic.

Why's that? It looks quite low enough to cowitness with suppressor-height irons just like other red dots.

Obligatory not him
>Debatable, also kind of a moot point since it isn't out yet and no side-by-side has been done.
It's an optic made by fucking Aimpoint and is a red dot inside a box. Everything else has been 1 or 2 lens standing tall over the frame. I hate to spoil those comparison tests for you but...

>I don't see what this has to do with anything.
Because the design requirements for a piggyback ACOG backup red dot are different than that of a red dot mounted on a handgun slide. Are you actually this thick?

>Neither do RMRs really, I wonder why I can only find that one shot depicting this refraction issue.
Mud on the close side of the lens is much harder to dig out than wiping it off a flat surface.

>Meanwhile, you're praising an optic that you haven't even seen in person, so...
If it ends up shitting the bed it'll flop, but I'm yet to see Aimpoint do that and I've been an EOTech fanboy for like 10 years.

Attached: 53541743_2091588174251523_3401333959190118400_n.jpg (746x941, 40K)

Is noone going to mention the tactical fanny pack in this picture?

>somehow this time the old will prevail
>I alone will not be crushed under the wheel of time

Why are boomers like this?

nobody gives a shit about that guys IFACK

I bet people were saying shit like that when short range optics for rifles were first starting to be popular, and now look where we are.

The parallax on my DPP is hilarious, I can’t find the fucking reticle at all. I’m not convinced it’s not all a scam.

>How much smaller do you feel red dots can get
midwayusa.com/product/1019603720/ncstar-flip-dot-reflex-red-dot-sight-3moa-matte

Attached: VDFLIPGLO-08-2WEB.jpg (1000x1000, 260K)

There are literally videos of people shooting the rmr with the dot in the corners of the window and they have no issues hitting what they want at 7-10yds. You've never shot a handgun with an rmr.

nah, Trijicon is good.

Introducing the newly introduced (as of today) Trijicon SRO

Attached: SRO2.jpg (739x197, 65K)