/brg/ - Battle Rifle General #20 - Stop boolying M14chan Jow Forums edition

M14 is both for and not for booli. Only we can booli them.
SCARfags multiplying as tax returns roll in.
Credit card debt multiplying as they realize that they need a $1500 optic for it.
FAL still a best.
"Buy the buffer" t. G3 owners.
Century still banned.
BREN 2 and other vaporware.

Prev

Attached: www.hunt101.com_data_500_6241DSCF1945_edited.jpg (930x571, 288K)

Other urls found in this thread:

gunbroker.com/item/808709155
primaryarms.com/slx3-5-4-14x44mm-first-focal-plane-rifle-scope-with-illuminated-r-grid-2b-reticle
looserounds.com/2015/01/30/the-m14-not-much-for-fighting-a-case-against-the-m14-legend/
youtu.be/mrPjlcJ3rtY
youtu.be/PYfGq1yk66Q
vandenbergcustom.com/rifles-main/fals
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

M1A=/=M14
Cast receiver piece of shit.

That thing looks front-heavy as tits!

Attached: Chelsea_1.jpg (3159x3024, 2.61M)

Well that's because it is

Attached: 02b146-5.png (1366x768, 1.59M)

Attached: 20190407_115523.jpg (2016x911, 755K)

please buy guns and brass that bullies the brass jew

Attached: nonon.jpg (637x359, 60K)

I'll give the PTR a edge in antisemitism

post SR-25s pls.

Attached: 1443053831104.jpg (437x437, 66K)

gunbroker.com/item/808709155
wat

Haha that fucking fudd and go fuck himself. That's shit's funny as hell

>the wait for my ADM UIC-10

Attached: (Heavy Sobbing).jpg (570x500, 42K)

Can anyone identify this brass deflector attached to this guy's FAL (Vektor)? Its a screencap from district 9, I've never seen anything quite like it maybe its a south african thing?

Attached: prawndestroyer.jpg (600x327, 50K)

Thats the gayest try hard m1a i've ever seen. And m1a's are already pretty gay.

Wat

>entry level is half of everything else
>can get a match gun at what other battle rifles start at
>same ergos as scar
>only G3 mags are cheaper
>more aftermarket than literally anything

Seems more and more each day the AR10 is the only obvious choice for me if it werent for the fact they lack soul

Attached: AR-10BattleRifles.jpg (800x572, 89K)

Sounds like the G3/PTR-91 would fit that role rather nicely.

>ptr and steel
checkmate rabbi

>worst aesthetics
>worst reliability
>worst sub community

Go back to /arg/

Heftyboi coming through. A4 stock soon to complete it. 13# 1oz loaded.

Attached: Schlampe und Traktor.jpg (980x2016, 1.96M)

>>worst reliability
thats debatable at this point

When's someone going to make me a wide wood handguard for my ptr?

Attached: AypE7br.jpg (1024x654, 105K)

as soon as he's done R&Ding wood FAL gunfighter grips, wood FAL MLOK handguards, and 80% AUG mag AR-15 lowers

Who's "he"? Voldemort?

No bully M14!
>mags any day now

Attached: 1175732D-503C-4BC6-A59F-8C07BAF989BD.jpg (3840x2160, 2.48M)

>worst aesthetics
Have you seen a g3?

My research tells me it's some DIY bit. Keeps the brass out of rotor blades, some guy made one for his G3 to blast hogs out of a heli.

>subjective
>you're retarded
>every sub community is trash

Ah, the boomer "muh forged" meme. Let's put this to bed once and for all. Here's Fulton Armory on why they use cast:

"It’s all about the material, geometry & heat teat, not the process selected.

As to strength: Why did Fulton Armory select machining from a casting as our method?

About 10 years ago a customer sent in a Federal Ordnance M14 that had “blown up” for us to perform a tech inspection. Shooter was okay. Federal Ordnance, now defunct, produced thousands of a very poor quality receivers (poor geometry, but good material & good heat treat), that was machined from a casting and had digested one of those infamous CBC 75 .308 cartridges that produces “in excess of 140,000 copper units” of chamber pressure (nominal is 50,000). This CBC 75 ammo blew up, and continues to blow up, any and every rifle that see’s that 140,000 CUP. Here’s the interesting part: The receiver held. There was a partial crack in the receiver below the right locking lug of the receiver, but it did not detach or fail. The locking lugs of the receiver were untouched, the locking lugs of the TRW bolt had been impressed into the receiver’s lugs by something like 10,000ths of an inch; huge depressions in both the right & left bolt lugs. The bolt held. The barrel was in perfect shape. So, what “blew up”? The case failed, released the gasses into the mag well, peeled the bottom of the bolt away, inflated the magazine and blew the stock apart. A poorly machined cast receiver, even with poor geometry, but with proper heat treat & proper material, is vastly stronger than the rest of the system."

"About 20 years ago we inspected an original USGI forged M14 receiver that had blown apart into 4 pieces on the firing line at The National Matches, Camp Perry, OH. Shooter was knocked out, but fine otherwise. So, why did the USGI M14 blow apart in 4 pieces? Bad receiver? No (good geometry, good material, good heat treat). Bad ammo? No (issue LC). Bad assembly techniques? No (well built rifle). Bad bolt? No. What then? The barrel failed due to bad lot of steel. The heavy match barrel had split from the chamber mouth down to the heavy oversize op rod guide. When the barrel split open wide at the receiver ring it introduced lateral forces to the receiver ring, and split it apart like an axe splitting firewood. M14 receiver rings are not designed to take chamber pressures nor lateral forces, no matter how they are made.

These, and many other failures over the decades demonstrated to us, in a very hands on way, the same thing Col. Hatcher found in his destructive testing of the M1 Garand receiver: That J.C. Garand’s receiver design is so remarkably strong that inevitably some other part of the rifle system will fail long before the receiver, providing it has good geometry, good material and good heat treat. Cast, forged or billet.

So, to keep the receiver costs affordable for all of our customers, we chose to cast & machine, while spending a whole lot of time and care in assuring the quality of the machined geometries, correct 8620 alloy steel, and proper heat treat for case & core."

Also worth noting that modern castings are at least as strong as USGI forgings.

Attached: windtalker-cqb-16_com (1).jpg (2500x1403, 754K)

Will this be safe on a 20" .308?
primaryarms.com/slx3-5-4-14x44mm-first-focal-plane-rifle-scope-with-illuminated-r-grid-2b-reticle

Attached: rgrid.jpg (958x959, 113K)

who cares, it's only $280
I'd be more worried about it having decent enough glass to make 14x worthwhile

looserounds.com/2015/01/30/the-m14-not-much-for-fighting-a-case-against-the-m14-legend/

"The M14/M1A will be around for as long as people will continue to buy them. Certainly, there is nothing wrong with owning them liking them and using them. By no means is it useless or ineffective. But its legendary reputation is something that needs to be taken with a grain of salt and careful study of the system if you intend to have one for a use your like may depend on."

So we agree.
t. M14 owner

Confirmation bias confirmed

Oh boy. Truly a new piece of information that totally doesn't get posted every single time the M14 gets brought up.

It also does such a great job describing the actual flaws of the platform and not just politics and QC problems from vendors, which were largely resolved by the time the rifle saw combat. Surely had the FAL been adopted, we would have had absolutely no problems with it ever, every single one made would have been perfect and we would have won the Vietnam War in a week too!

You have truly shown me the errors of my ways and I will immediately proceed to throw my M1A in the trash where it belongs. After all something must be wrong with it because it shoots well and runs reliably, even when shooting steel cased ammo, running dirty or exposed to dust. It's not jamming every single shot and printing 20" groups so it must be defective.

>absolutely fucking nothing with the previous discussion in regards to the cast vs forged receiver

You have to go back to and suck dicks there.

Attached: My disgust.png (453x439, 179K)

>posts concluding paragraph from article
>confirmation bias

Attached: 1555067973054.jpg (700x700, 209K)

Would an Argentina/Israeli barrel work on a G1 FAL kit?

I want to get a PTR-GI before they all totally disappear, what is a good price? The ones i can find are around 950ish.

They are pretty good rifles. If you don't mind G3 ergonomics go for it.

Thanks user, how are the original issue scopes in quality? They look awesome if not expensive.

>before they all totally disappear
What happened?

Shut up, slut

Most of the big gun stores i’ve seen online are sold out of the GI varient, and i’m pretty uninformed whether or not PTR is making more but i’ve got the money so i’ve been toying with the idea.

Exposed receivers are asking to get fucked by mother earth.

You're a dumb fuck. Don't speak on matters you know nothing about. If they're sold out it's because they're in such high demand not because PTR isn't making more retard.

THE M1A IS A PRODUCT OF BAD POLITICS AND BUREAUCRACY.

IT SHOULD HAVE NEVER BEEN BUILT.

>i’m pretty uninformed
>i don’t know
You’re right user I was really trying to mislead everyone instead of emphasizing that i lack knowledge and shouldn’t be taken seriously on such matters

Having a bad day user? Tell us about it.

I don't have any trigger time with the Hensoldts, but I have shot a PTR with a welded rail. Optics tend to sit high on them, so it may be prudent to acquire a cheek riser for the stock.

The rifle itself is balls reliable and can deliver the goods accuracy wise, but kicked a bit harder than I had expected and the controls are very stiff. Manipulating the charging handle in particular is annoying. I strongly advise checking one out in person and ideally shooting one before buying.

Was that upper a pre-built assembled upper? If so have you changed out the gas block that came with it or had any issues with ammo?
>SR-25

Attached: 1500443069600.jpg (1250x799, 193K)

OP

Still mad there's no surplus FALs

it's true. Look up the history of the army Battle rifle trials.

And no, since G3's are better.

>he didn't read the OP
Sorry but the only thing better is its ability to eat any ammo. Which is a downside to me as a reloader since it does that by destroying the brass

Attached: 20190411_155200.jpg (4032x1255, 3.03M)

well I don't support supply brass jews, so I don't see that as a problem.

It's wood, take your time and make your own.

Looking for a screencap/meme of about the FN FAL. Goes some thing like
>is the best rifle because
>requires newborn sacrifice
>you'll grow a full beard
>every women in the area will orgasm

Anyone know what I'm talking about?

Done.

>steel
Brass is better. Make sure he knows that they COULD have been reloaded.

Attached: PTR_04-17-2019_B.jpg (1200x900, 1.44M)

check out facebook

Bump

Attached: Selous Scout 2 American Boogaloo.jpg (1599x4000, 896K)

Have been for a solid hour now.

thanks for the 4k res photo of your faggot ass

Poorfags are getting their tax refunds back and buying accordingly. It's fucking nothing.

>those legs

Attached: 1530255269543.png (506x674, 342K)

1. There would be no surplus FALs for the same reason there are no surplus M14s
2. The US FAL would've been a hideous inch-pattern abortion, pic related
The only benefits to the US adopting the FAL would be
1. Companies like LRB, Fulton, and SA would be making FALs instead of M14s
2. National Match nerds would've figured out a better way to accurize and optic-up the FAL than whatever retarded shit the Irish are doing with their DMR SLRs

Attached: 001-9.jpg (1181x317, 55K)

The T48s the US was testing and considering adopting really didn't look that bad - they had a handguard that looked like a wooden Metric handguard instead of that abortion in your pic, but the flash hider in your pic and stripper-clip compatible dust cover.

They had handguards that looked like wooden metric HGs because they were.
Those were really early test guns bought from FN to see if the FAL was worth even pretending to consider; the one in my pic is an H&R gun that represents what would've ultimately been adopted if we hadn't been saved by petty bureaucratic corruption and infighting.

An AK Style bolt on side rail could probably work pretty well on a FAL seeing as the optic would be attached to the upper with is permanently attached to the barrel to maintain accuracy. Seems like a better system than the normal dust cover mounts.

By surplus I should have said point 1 (point 3)

Aren't G3s more accurate?

reporting in

Attached: IMG_4047.jpg (1956x1363, 1.15M)

Are you sure that's right? The FAL book I'm reading right now talks about early US trials complaining specifically about that handguard in your pic not protecting the soldier adequately from the heat of the gas block in early trials, but later trials with the new handguard not mentioning the issue. The H&R T48s used for those later trials had more conventional FAL handguards from what I'm reading.

It's entirely possible that I have it backwards, I've just seen way more T48s with the fluted hg than the normal one so I assumed that was the final version before the M14 got the nod

With irons under 600y on man sized targets? I doubt it'd matter

I'll trade for my custom Mosin sniper rifle. I've got $2200 in this bad boy, no haggling I know what I got

Well I hate to hear that your M1A is shooting so well, tell you what I'll give you $500 and you can go and buy a totally great and worth it poverty AR-10 build with it.

he mentioned they lack soul, chill the fuck out you sperg retard

Chad M1A is Chad AF...

Attached: IMG_20190329_202617.jpg (1280x720, 373K)

I still kind of can be, it just takes work. The best bet for jewing the brass jew is a mix of brass washed steel and berdan primed brass, out of a PTR/G3, so they have to go looking for it in the next county, sort out the steel with a magnet, and then fuck up at least one die trying to de-prime it.

G3's are more easily accurized, stock G3's and FAL's that are both properly built to spec shoot about the same.

How would one accurize the FAL besides the DSA rail and SAW grip.

Both endpoints that attach are metal though and require engineering and fabricating the pieces I can't do that

>lack soul
more like
>transcended to a higher plain

Attached: fatman chillin.jpg (1955x1145, 1.38M)

How accurate are Aero's M5s? If they're 1/2 MOA or better I might just buy the complete upper/lower instead of assembling one from parts.

>plain
>that "artistic" photo
that's gonna be a pure cringe from me dawg

forgot to flex on you with a jpg

Attached: fal on table.jpg (2576x1932, 1.37M)

The fedora of BRs

lol, you aint flexing on shit with that type 3

>has no BR

Attached: belgium blaster.jpg (768x1024, 249K)

>scammed into buying the
(M)alfunctions (1)st. time (A)ll the time.

M1A can't handle some simple sand.
youtu.be/mrPjlcJ3rtY

M1A can't handle some mud.
youtu.be/PYfGq1yk66Q

Attached: 1530363467049.png (645x773, 11K)

always this retard lmao
It's a pre-ban FN FAL champ, do i need to link you the myriad threads on the negligible difference between forged and milled FN FAL receivers, especially because i won't be firing 50,000-100,000+ rounds with barrel changes?
>hmmmmmm?
I ain't even mad my DSA-wilding blue collar friendo
>or am i?

Attached: IMG_3409.jpg (1620x1080, 538K)

*DSA-wielding blue collar friendo
Please Respond

Attached: 20180811_210402.jpg (2576x1932, 1.56M)

The upper was purchased completed. All I did was change out the included A2 flash hider with a Silencer Co muzzle brake. I only shot about 300 rounds through it, but I haven't had a single malfunction. So far it has shot PMC, PPU, and reloads.

Attached: Chelsea_2.jpg (3314x3024, 3.43M)

I actually shot my LMT G1, your dads gonna be pissed you touched his investment piece

>b-b-but that's not even yours, it's your dads!
>b-b-but you don't even shoot it!!
that'swhereyou'rewrongkiddo.jpg
Have you heard of hurricane tape? You can shoot "investment pieces" like preban FALs and TIGRs, just be careful not to drag the rifle across the parking lot on the way to the bench

Attached: DSC_0079.jpg (1620x1080, 400K)

I mention the pavement-dragging only because it is apparent knuckles aren't far from the ground

man, you need some friends in your life. this is really a shameful display of attention posting.

Well, you could build a FAL with a match grade trigger, bull barrel, free float handguard and other such features but it's going to be a custom build and you should start from scratch at that point. This guy in the Houston area does accurized FAL builds, they aren't cheap. He's a nice guy though, did some work on an AR-15 of mine that had a kaboom and now it shoots just fine.
vandenbergcustom.com/rifles-main/fals
HK basically started with the receiver of the G3 and accomplished the PSG-1 and MSG, but those both rely on either purpose built or hand selected and fit components for their accuracy. I think the roller lock has more inherent first shot accuracy, the biggest problem with the stock G3 is it's shit 12lb+ trigger pull.

>The upper was purchased completed.
Thanks man. A follow up if you don't mind. What weights of rounds have you shot and are any of those 7.62x51?
>picture not mine.

Attached: Aero Precision M5E1 FDE.jpg (1024x442, 79K)

meant for not soz
Please Respond