Opinion on HEMA?

Opinion on HEMA?

Attached: 19055147_475788256091994_5054900722423178733_o.jpg (2048x1362, 199K)

Other urls found in this thread:

wiktenauer.com/wiki/Fiore_de'i_Liberi#Sword_in_Two_Hands
youtu.be/OVhQbOREvPw
youtube.com/watch?v=w2A_NISUX-w
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Why should I care what others so with their time and money?

^

stupid

t. foil

Its OK. Some groups are better than others.

I don't know what this is. Explain why I'm angry about it.

If it makes you happy, do it.
You'll get a lot better exercise doing HEMA than shooting too.

More like HOMO

Useless larp unless you're in a literally nogunz country and have to go medieval on niggers

Either patrician levels of cool or absolutely gay as fuck depending on the club/group.

It's guys reading old 1300-1900 duelling manuals and trying to revive the old fencing schools.
wiktenauer.com/wiki/Fiore_de'i_Liberi#Sword_in_Two_Hands

Attached: 17.webm (1920x1080, 906K)

You're on 4channel, you're supposed to be hostile and start spouting buzzwords at strangers who have different preferences about things that don't affect you.

Faggot
t. Saber

no u
>muh simultaneous attacks every 3 seconds
>muh lack of a clock

But yeah I’ve been forced into epee recently since no one else in my school’s club does foil

>epee

Attached: 63006F49-D118-49F9-BB1E-E873D266274C.png (188x264, 77K)

I still can’t get used to hand touches. No right of way is nice though.
>I’m also a lefty

Pic should be more obscured, you can still see stuff.

Thid

imagine thinking that lightly touching your opponent is interesting for a spectator or practitioner

I am truly interested in it and I would love to get some training gear if I had the extra money.

There are some outdoor spots that don't get visitors other me so being able to train without anyone calling the cops should not be an issue.

I also enjoy watching Skallagrim's videos.

Without taking regular training it's nothing but a good way to spend your free time.
With regular training it's a good physical exercise.
Is it useful in the modern day? No, golden days of fencing are gone. And short blade fencing aka knife fighting may get you in jail.
Also swords are damn expensive

>Skallagrim

Attached: 1548817862459.jpg (422x492, 35K)

>Is it useful in the modern day? No, golden days of fencing are gone. And short blade fencing aka knife fighting may get you in jail.

Ehhh it's about as useful as boxing, fights in real life obviously won't go that cleanly or orderly but you will still be building pretty good strength and agility, or at least endurance.

>boxing
Boxing was designed as the sport or method of settling disputes without killing people. Also, there are huge money in the boxing sphere, so it's possible to make yourself a name and earn money faster than in HEMA.
> still be building pretty good strength and agility, or at least endurance.
No argue on that.

a hobby that improves your overall fitness? yeah fuck that, must be bad

HAHAHAHAHA

>t. epee

oh god oh fuck

Attached: 1555018273934.gif (500x283, 1.56M)

I'd wager that 80% of Jow Forums is overweight

you mean MEMA

Full of people who just like to larp, as evident by the massive popularity of longsword. It's otherwise cool, just flooded with faggots who suck like any martial art.

What's your chad weapon of choice, then?

HEMA is like skateboarding. you realize its a sport for kids once you realize you can't go into work with a broken arm or a concussion every month.

It's quite rare for broken bones or concussions with proper safety gear.

Attached: 1555229618365.jpg (539x590, 36K)

Attached: image.png (256x384, 135K)

are you allowed to end him rightly in HEMA?

HAHAHAHHA FUNNY MEME LOL SO FUNNY END HIM RIGHTLY POMMEL THROW WOOSH AHAHHAHAHAHHAAH I HAVENT SEEN THAT OJE B4

Attached: 1551624053960.png (768x638, 586K)

This joke has far outlived its welcome
No need to be so autistic about it, though

like pretty much any martial art.

They had a pretty good Intelligent:Crazy ratio for a while. Then they got popular and attracted the neckbeard comment army along with the "TRADITION TRUMPS REALITY" of the worst TMA.

>"TRADITION TRUMPS REALITY"
What is this supposed to mean?

>muh icepick grip for daggers

I honestly know nothing about dagger fighting. Care to give me the problem with that?

Blowjob or hand job, annal needs a condom bring your own from home.

Traditional Martial Arts hold that doing things the way they were done historically is more important than efficacy. Compare with cowboy action shooting Vs 3-gun.

Its really only useful bringing force down on someone already knocked to the ground. But you could do the same thing just by twisting your am slightly.
In return for this "amazing" ability, you can't thrust anymore, at all. In turn you can't threaten a strike your opponent puts out, or stop them from charging you. Your slashes are limited to retarted one from the left with a long ass wind up and bad force application. Or that "operator" stake thing which isn't as good as a normal stab and has bad range on your left agian.

Swordfags

So Martial Arts and HEMA have fudds in them too?

Fascinating.

Seems fun and is somewhat related to martial arts as we know it, perhaps more useful in Texas where you can actually carry a sword around.

>no bareback
What? You don't want to spread the gift?

Underrated

Omae mou shindeiru.

>t. Pariser

Having sparred both forward and ice pick grip I can say with 100% certainty that i prefer icepick.

If I was trying to stab someone who was unarmed, yes it's more efficient to use the forward grip. However, fighting against someone who has a dagger too I have to be concerned with stabbing him while also not being stabbed myself, and the ice pick grip can be used a great hooking tool to trap the opponents arm and/or weapon.

Also thereserves both forward and ice pick grip descriptions in the historical manuals so I don't know why anyone would say it has to be one way or the other

There isn't one

>ts really only useful bringing force down on someone already knocked to the ground.

This is unequivocally wrong.

youtu.be/OVhQbOREvPw

Go home, lindy. You're drunk.

>Lindy
Has he ever been right about anything?

Attached: lindy posters.png (1304x892, 376K)

Only obvious shit that everyone already knew like "polearms are better than sword." It still fucking annoys me that people act like they're stating a hot new opinion when they talk about the advantage Spears and poleaxes. Literally everyone already knows this, but they're battlefield weapons. You don't carry fucking spear everyday like you would EDC an m14

Fudd is a state of mind that can infect any hobby

Attached: 1549135423986.png (800x550, 73K)

>irrelevant shitty doodle made by furfag
yes, and?

So do you not know or are you in denial?

yes, and, nigger?

Cowboy action IS 3-gun. It’s just for people who like John Wayne more than John Wick. They dress up and use old-style guns, but it’s incredibly gamey.

Historic dagger fighting isn’t modern knife fighting. Fiore uses rondel daggers like a baton for locks at times. In context daggers were mostly used more as a grappling aid. Daggers lack reach, particularly in an era were most lacked an effective edge, so the most effective use was to get close and stab, which works regardless of how well armored the opponent is. There’s little reason to use a dagger as a sword at a time you can just use an actual sword.

*crack*
*siiiiip*
That saber’s just a passing fad. Longsword’ll go right through armor, not like that prissy little thing.

UHHHH... HEMAFAGS?
youtube.com/watch?v=w2A_NISUX-w

Horny
Elephants
Masturbating
Anne Frank

Attached: Ritsuko Pregnant.jpg (1315x1695, 156K)

He is right about everything.
Take the Lindy pill today.

It's fucking fun. It's the revival of an old tradition and good exercise. There really isn't anything wrong with it. Only problem most people have with it are elitist and contrarian faggots who probably never practiced the art. But really, once anything gets popular enough there are always going to be assholes.

Umm I watch scholagladiatoria, lindybeige AND skallagrim video, so I guess you could say I am kind of a sword expert :)

Well as the original passage is a joke, it is a several hundred year old joke

Is this before or after she gets married to general lee?

Looks like fun, but I already have several expensive hobbies.