How are the quality of remington shotguns these days? I was looking at a tac-14 as a home defense gun...

How are the quality of remington shotguns these days? I was looking at a tac-14 as a home defense gun, but last I remember hearing was the quality went to shit.

Attached: 48297-DEFAULT-l.jpg (1350x700, 52K)

get a stevens 311
Now THAT was a shotgun

i held one in a gun store. felt solid as fuck as made me want to start shooting things. think it was a versa. made in japan.

Rustbuckets with flimsy ejectors and questionable fitment. Get any other brand.

>remington
>these days
>buying cerberus products
Just go to your LGS and pick one you like out of the dozens of used 12g's on the wall.

*sip*

Mossman's are solid but I'm not impressed with the finish.

I'd get a Mossman mariner with stainless steel. True patrician shotgun

Jow Forums always tells to avoid remington shotguns but I've tried googling alot and still can't find what the problem here have, everywhere else it's always praised. So can someone please tell me what the actual problem with these guns are, because I'm still not convinced I shouldn't buy one

RUST
U
S
T

Ive seen it two times now. I have two friends who have newer 870’s that have surface rust in circumstances that my mossberg would not have gotten rust in.

What is basic gun cleaning and care

Okay but if I take care of the gun then is there any other problems than potential rust?

Anons have claimed that theirs rusted even with constant care and oiling. Why take the chance? A mossberg 500 costs pretty much the same and DOESNT have known rust issues.
Yeah, a single claw extractor. Its not that it doesnt work, its just not as good as mossbergs dual claw extractor design. Sure the dual claw extractors are overbuilt but i would prefer overbuilt over just good enough any day.

Okay thanks. It's not that I didn't want to believe, but just telling me to not buy and telling me to just "google it" when we're talking about a brand known for it's milspec quality is not really helpful.
So how's teh aftermarket in mossberg?

Its okay. I mean there isnt a ton of shit you can do with a shotgat anyways. Theres plenty of aftermarket forends and stocks you can fit them with, personally I prefer good old wood, nothin fancy

Oh, and also please say “based nacy”

They are fine. The blued parts are good, they have a heavy coating of an inexpensive looking, but seemingly durable, black-colored bluing. The finish on the receivers and other non-blued parts is very similar to an actual parkerized finish, in that it does not inherently prevent corrosion, but is very good at holding oil. I was using mine as a truck gun, and it developed a few rust freckles after about a month of East Tennessee summer humidity despite being cleaned and lightly oiled before being unceremoniously shoved under the back seat. I completely stripped it, put all the parkerized parts in a 5 gallon stock pot, filled it with 5w20, and let it simmer for about 4 hours. Finish is now fully impregnated with oil, and I have never had a rust issue. I lightly clean and lubricate everything about once a quarter, or after shooting.

i used to oil her monthly, now i just clean when need be. my remington hasnt rusted despite humid climate. the finish has worn where moving parts are faster than my other guns

>Remington
>A brand known for its mil spec quality

Please tell me you're not talking about the 700.

Attached: 1529545106298.jpg (600x474, 43K)

>so how's Remington doing?

Attached: mirth.png (476x445, 150K)

>but i would prefer overbuilt over just good enough any day.
Then why are you shopping low-end pump guns?

Mine rusted too. All over after just a single day in a light drizzle.

bruh, i used to oil the shit out of my 870 every week and it would still rust. i finally gave up and bought a mossberg.