AR thread

AR thread
/arg/
Cancer containment
Bullyzone

Never Relax Edition

Old

Attached: 1546033666920.jpg (600x583, 101K)

Goddammit people, It's bad enough that we have to deal with WGWS's retardation without every fucking thread being about him. You fags are approaching stalker levels of obsessive. I don't like the concussed fuck, but just ignore him FFS.

Attached: 1550624713424.png (642x662, 136K)

>not even an AR in OP
I know you guys fantasize to max overpowering you and raiding your boipuss on the reg but this is just gay.

Trip on wuggy

Its not like anything else happens around here besides all the recent justasgood posting

Checked, dubs of truth.

Attached: 1518392351316.gif (250x292, 32K)

So in the spirit of actually talking about ARs in /arg/, what do you guys thinks about Faxon's gunner profile barrels? I'm thinking about picking up an 11.5" in 5.56 for my next pistol build.

Sorry this is wgws general now

Question
They say to not mount optics to your handguard rail
But this barely hangs over into my rail. Is this acceptable, or should I move it back one slot to be safe?

Attached: 0424190058a_HDR.jpg (4160x3120, 3.6M)

unacceptabru

user with the fucked up buffer tube from the last thread here. I ordered a new tube and nut from BCM. Just god damn I wish it wouldn't take a week to get here.

Attached: 1553981688835_0.png (2560x1440, 2.32M)

I used a match gunner profile 10.5 in my 300 build. I really like it.

Attached: IMG_Green_Story_20190216_073948_processed.jpg (899x2001, 314K)

11.5 is for those wanting to ascend to the next level

How dose /arg/ feel about my AR? I use It for plinking and HD. I've been considering maybe getting a captured spring and maybe a new bolt but it works well as is, so I keep not getting around to it. It also has a binary trigger in it.

Attached: 20190423_200558.jpg (2048x1536, 1.6M)

Attached: 1458784386301.jpg (255x191, 5K)

I want to make a ridiculous LARP sci-fi-looking AR. The Hera CQR stock looks nice. Any recommendations for other components?

Just build an airsoft gun at that point. HERA stocks aren't known for being good.

Looks good, disregard the spergs that shit talk anything not "top of the line". Looks like it runs well.

I'd recommend swapping out the BCG to a TOOLCRAFT 158 (you could still throw in the old bolt for plinking / training), I'd also probably throw in steel iron sights for better durability, but that probably isn't necessary.

Is that a PSA upper?

Listen grandpa, what I do with my money ain't your business.

Yes, the lower is also a PSA. The whole gun is just a PSA gun that I later added an SBA3, mbus, TLR light, AFG, uh1 holo, and a binary trigger to. I like it a lot.

Is Aero Precision m4e1 good to go? I've heard good things, but I won't how hard they have been put to the test, particularly the handguard. Im thinking about doing a full aero build as my go-to rifle for anything from plinking to shtf.

Attached: 20180713_192700.jpg (3766x1937, 3.08M)

Does Toolcraft make 158 9mm bolt?
>Asks for suggestions on an open forum
>It ain't your business

Attached: 1554180984999.jpg (695x701, 143K)

He gave a suggestion, you didn't. You're a typical useless tripfag and Jow Forums would be better off without the likes of you.

My mistake, they do not make a 9mm in 158

He gave a suggestion for something that doesn't exist. Toolcraft doesn't make a 158 Carpenter Steel bolt for 9mm.

Yea, it happens. But expanding on that, given that Toolcraft is OEM for a lot of companies, he might already have a Toolcraft bolt.

Most of his build is PSA, and they make their own bolts

You alright, user?

Most of his build is PSA, and they make their own bolts
I thought TC made their premium bolts?

Yeah, fucking JS extension likes to auto quote shit like that. Didn't catch it before hitting post.

Lmao this
>look Patrick, we saved the thread!

Ignoring max does not remove max. This is a war of attrition and we're in it for the Loong game now.

It's been a few years since my last AR build, do any of you know of a good step by step tutorial or youtube video for putting the gun together?

Just look it up on youtube. I'm sure Brownell's has some videos on it. I used a video from CMMG to put together my first lower. Also use channel locks to put in the bolt catch roll pin and thank me later.

alright, I'll look around online, now I've just gotta find all my damn tools...

Also, do I have to drill and pin the gas block in place or will the set screws do a good enough job of holding it on their own?

T2, Comp M5 or LVPO?

Posted this before, what does /arg/ think i should do with my AR?

>LMT lower
>Stag 1/7 4150CMV Chrome lined upper (should’ve waited and got an LMT upper)
>Toolcraft c158 bcg
>mbus rear site
>fin grip because (lol California)

And yes that muzzle device is a brake not a flash hider, and the stock is locked.

I want to get a rail, but because I can’t have a foregrip i feel like it’ll be a cheesegrater. What do? Should i just hang myself? Also what optic???

Attached: ABB585B5-B0E0-46E5-B180-A54D0172C911.jpg (4032x3024, 1.77M)

Yes

MRO

Attached: 1467609774748.png (217x190, 55K)

no

File off that manufacturing defect on the grip.

get an mlok handguard and just put rail sections where you need them, 99% of people don't need a quad rail no matter how much shit they want to attach to the gun

Thanks.

I second the MRO

maybe

Fuck no i aint buying that trash

I always dimple the barrel for the set screws.

I mean if you do a quad rail you can just put the KAC panels on it and it's nice.

>MRO
lmao no fucking thanks

Attached: Hesrightbawgawd.png (709x473, 278K)

That's what I was thinking, just dimple the barrel a little and add some blue loctite to the set screws. I've got drill presses and drill blocks / clamps along with several hundred drill bits but I don't see that the pin is all that necessary. I might put it in later just for good measure after I make sure everything works as it should.

It would *hypothetically* take me 30 seconds to put the original back on. I’m thinking about this, any quad rail you recommend aside from kac, which i feel is overpriced

I used an aero upper and handguard on my first build and it's been fine. Machining was all good and everything installed easily. The handguard was kinda thicc though, I'd rather have had a slimmer handguard but that's just my personal preference.

I've got 2 friends who just built matching 6.5 Creedmooor guns using Aero's M5 upper and handguards and they're solid too. IMO you can't go wrong with Aero, very good quality / price ratio, definitely a step up from the likes of PSA in terms of fit and finish.

The RAS is completely worth the price. You can pick up one for around 150-200 dollars with panels on the EEC. Mine was brand new and covered in cosmoline + panels and pouch for 180.

max chen

Also those panels will fit on any quad rail.

Maximum Long Chin

Why? It is more durable than other red dots and the slim horizontal profile makes for a great sight picture in close ranges. Granted the paralax is slightly worse than others, but in CQB or indoor room clearing, I think it is the best, even over aimpoint. If I were going out further than 75 yards I'd go with something else tho.

>Granted the paralax is slightly worse
>slightly
lmao
>but in CQB or indoor room clearing
Which you won't be doing, ever, and if you were you probably wouldn't be looking through the optic and instead point shooting.

Attached: 1553033374540.png (725x730, 1.02M)

>Which you won't be doing, ever
Bullshit. The most likely scenario in which anyone would have to fire their AR in a combat situation is close quarters within your home or defending your property, which I'm arguing this optic does a better job at than almost any other.

>you probably wouldn't be looking through the optic and instead point shooting

The slim profile of the MRO allows you to look "past" it and look straight at your target while maintaining a clear red dot. If you're just point shooting, you're a moron.

And the paralax really only plays a role in extended ranges, and even then the effect is over blown by spergs who havent tested it side by side with other red dots. I'm not saying the MRO is the best optic, but it's really damn good in this particular application, which I argue is the most likely for a person using an AR in self defense.

>Bullshit.
Yeah man, tactical pie slicing room clearing is a weekly occurrence. Better prep for that.

>a bunch of stupid fudd tier HD shit
Shoo shoo mall operator.

All those words to arrive at
>just as good.

The MRO is ok, if you get the version they got rid of the blue tint on. But personally, I'd go with a PRO at that price point.

>slim profile

>but it's really damn good in this particular application, which I argue is the most likely for a person using an AR in self defense.
MRO is fucking trash compared to the pro in every possible way. Advocating for the MRO is retarded self purchase justification.

If I buy my rail used but the barrel nut is new will adco still install it?

>Expectation
Yeah bro I'm put my kit on and high speed low drag clear my home with one shot one kill precisely aimed shots then secure the perimeter before notifying law enforcement
>Reality
Massive spike of adrenaline
non aimed panic shooting in general direction
Heavy trigger jerk
Drywall everywhere
Gas everywhere
Screaming
eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
Entire encounter takes 5 seconds

Another day, another gucci AR build destroyed by PSA

Attached: psagrail.png (576x269, 80K)

What the fuck are you doing buying a red dot if you're going to sit on a bench all day user?

Alright that's fine, it you just want an optic for posting pics of online and taking to range, get something else

Attached: 45698678345746797.jpg (5534x6918, 2.33M)

>What the fuck are you doing buying a red dot
Not winning the gold in mental gymnastics to justify an MRO and pretending I'm a larperator while making retarded assumptions about other people

dont get bent out of shape about it.

no thanks

>Alright that's fine, it you just want an optic for posting pics of online
Literally just get another red dot instead of constructing strawmen, retard. God post timestamp picture of yourself so I can get a complete picture of your delusions. Blur out your face, I already know what trisomy 21 looks like.

Boy, PSA is really curving AR owners with that. Really making them all bend the knee to PSA superiority. Non PSA owners can get bent.

Attached: 1525359924033.jpg (350x438, 18K)

I tried using a fully assembled PSA upper on my first build and could never get it to shoot 2 rounds without jamming, stovepiping, failing to fire, or failing to eject. I took it apart and cleaned / lubed everything and it still wouldn't go 2 shots without a malfunction even after 50-60 rounds through it so I sent it back to them. I'm sure I just got a lemon but I went with other manufacturer's parts for the build once I got my refund.

Attached: rope.png (699x602, 523K)

I have no idea why you're telling me this.

Attached: 2hgc7v.jpg (350x400, 11K)

I love how my argument that the MRO may be better for CQB is larping, but the argument against it is that the parallax would be bad if you are taking shots from unorthodox positions. Yeah that's not larping.

/arg/ confirmed for all over wuggy's nutsack. AOR2 has ruined this general.

>exposed gas block

Actually the argument against the MRO is that you're dumb and can't counter an argument so you make generalized shit talking posts not directed at any poster. Basically have someone shoot you but make sure they aren't using an MRO.

Post your AR with MRO.

Attached: 20181119_180717.jpg (1484x2639, 3.53M)

You were talking about PSA, I thought I'd share my experiences with PSA in relation to what you were talking about.

Attached: 507291_1.jpg (1400x344, 55K)

>Basing your entire rifle purchase around military style CQB to shoot some 20 year old nigger with a high point in your living room at 2 am.

Attached: 1555718626478.jpg (675x1200, 113K)

KAC Rail Panels will not fit on any quad rail. For example, they will not fit on a BCM QRF.

who is that guy?

The God of Hellfire

Matey

>Looks like it runs well

Attached: K86kVK2.jpg (486x168, 11K)

Any reason for you to think it doesn't run well, or are you just a PSA hating faggot?

>*sip*
>Dis here rifle runs real well
>*sip*
>I specifically chose dis PLATFORM for defending my life
>I RUN my PLATFORMS hard to simulate real life con-dissuns
>*sip*
>It'll even go bang every time
>hyup

Attached: 1528230069091.jpg (376x349, 22K)

It could run well or not function at all, and you wouldn't know by looking at a photograph. The statement 'looks like it runs well' itself is idiotic regardless of whether PSA is Just As Good™.

i thought people with downs syndrome are barred from firearm purchase

show me on the doll where LMT touched you, fudd

If you spend just a few minutes looking at facebook normie tier ARs, we can both speculate that isn't true.

Hello again, frens

Attached: Screenshot_20180801-161542_Gallery.jpg (1080x2220, 1.35M)

You realize anti roll pins will make your trigger pull worse, right ?

Tell me more, dad!

Attached: Screenshot_20190419-131525_Gallery.jpg (2220x1080, 1.29M)

They create additional resistance as the trigger pins cannot roll.
You really dont need them at all unless your lower is grossly out of spec

Negative attention seeking behaviors are a sign of homosexuality

Attached: garbage rifle.png (781x121, 9K)