Royal navy AMA

Royal navy AMA

Attached: Logo_of_the_Royal_Navy.svg.png (1200x1451, 142K)

Got yer navy'n loicense?

How does it feel to live in a shitty nation?

I like it here. Turning off the news and living life based on the things I encounter works wonders

Yes sir

>ignoring the fact that I live in a failing Orwellian state makes life tolerable
God. You people are pacified.

Does the RN ever see itself returning to pre-WWII levels of international prestige? Aside from funding, what’s holding Britain back from reestablishing itself as a major global naval power?

You've already mentioned funding but I'd also say desire. I honestly envision our navy shrinking at the current rate until its simply a border force.

Life in the UK really isn't bad, what makes you think it is?

That’s disappointing to hear. After hearing about the decision to deploy QE class carriers in the Pacific, I got excited.

I don't know. Living without freedom of speech and the right to bare arms seems like absolute hell. I just dont understand how people can be content living like that. Maybe it's because I've tasted it and you haven't

Bear. Goddamnit.

What would be the mission? There's no point having big ships just to have big ships. The historical reason d'etre of the Royal Navy has been guaranteeing freedom of navigation and trade (with a side of bullying people without navies)

British interests align almost 1:1 with the US, who are obsessed with policing all of the world's oceans at once. Why would we need to duplicate that capability? It'd be a total waste of money.

The UK absolutely does not need the right to bear arms. Come live here. We get a few stabbings now and then maximum. I don't see any situation that would be improved by bearing arms and I fucking love shooting

how many terrorist serving on your ship?

You what mate

I'm not OP, but this could actually be a decent thread if you could go twenty minutes without shitting something up with polticis. Do you have any relevant questions or do you just want to sperg out over misleading fox news talking points?

I don’t know, raiding coastal European cities after Brexit destroys their economy?

>need
Are you not a man? Shouldn't you be able to decide your own needs? Shouldn't you be able to use the most effective means of force to strike back against tyranny, or against those who may very well enter your home to do you harm? Shouldn't you be free to do as you please so long as you're not unjustly harming others? How can you call yourself a man when you say nothing about your government calling certain opinions illegal even if you don't agree with them. I don't get it. I feel bad for people like you.
Get fucked. I always ask non Americans this. I just dont get it

muslims bro. they're all terrorist.

The QE class carrier is definitely exciting. I've been onboard and was blown away. Let's just hope they get the deployments they deserve. I served on the invincible class aircraft carriers and had a great time going as far as the Philippines

Yeah, I’m worried it’ll be on the chopping block whenever defense budgets get cut again, though. Seems like it doesn’t fill an incredibly vital role for Britain’s current defense needs.

What said.
Cities like London and Birmingham are absolute shitholes, make no mistake, but to anyone living outside of them they're barely even relevant.

Anyway, have you been stationed at any interesting places, OP?

Attached: 3c6907244a869c1df6810307112e9b00.jpg (550x800, 96K)

how many beers you have a day?

What do you consider Britain's biggest defense need?

We will never agree as I imagine we come from completely different backgrounds. I grew up in the countryside, no crime, no immigration, fair police who are actually respected by the locals rather than hated. Let's not forget I've been overseas, witnessed violence and poverty. I don't know what imagine you have of the UK but the reality is much different than what you watch on fox.

What do you think about pic related?

Attached: EU navy.png (1115x764, 893K)

You do realise that the average person in the UK has a decent standard of living and generally doesnt care much for politics? People on Jow Forums only reeee about politics and ideals and all that because its constantly rammed down your throat here. Just by virtue of being on here you have a far different view of the world than the average westerner. Also, if you live anywhere outside a major city, crime is negligible, people generally get on with the community and have access to everything they want or need.

Dont base your views on what a country is actually like to live in by the clickbait news articles and Jow Forumsshitters. If everyone did that, we would never go to the US for fear of the entire population being 600lb AR wielding prescription drug addicts who are constantly in gang wars and shooting up 2.47 schools per minute, which obviously isnt accurate.

More like sinking the refugee boats fleeing from the Corbynist British People's Republic

>which obviously isnt accurate.
user, I...

Honestly, I'd imagine it's just the same as the U.S. crime probably doesn't come find you, there aren't any roving bands of muslims. All in all we probably live similar lives. I legitimately don't understand how we can be so similar but so damn different.

>without freedom of speech
Ironic coming from the people who jail citizens for posting bad things on Facebook.

Philippines, Singapore, Goa India, Bahrain, Dubai, Oman, Israel, almost all of the Mediterranean. So yeah, I've had an interesting time

bu-bu but
moslem man stab man in london
moslem am control whole nation
ha ha loisense i said the joke again mom

Attached: 634636.jpg (1200x1600, 139K)

>April 1, 2019

Attached: 1555619096631.jpg (1053x1054, 291K)

Entitled to two, each day at sea. Usual practice is to hide and stockpile them tho for a big party

Zero then

How is the ship run? Smoothly or are there kinks in the command structure.

Hms Duncan isn't even in that photo, Hms queen Elizabeth is currently alongside in Portsmouth.

That being said I was on Hms Duncan when we were the lead ship of a Nato task group taking charge of multiple foreign nations and it worked well.

Not him, but...
I think it's to do with living space. Even in the rural areas we live close together. I love shooting, my granddad shot all his life, great uncle had submachine gun medals at Bisley. However, a general re-armament of the populace in the current year would be hellish. At the moment the worst crime I have to fear is some dickhead crashing his drone into my house. Imagine of the AR15 was the new man toy, in a place where thin-walled houses are terraced together on two lane streets.
The free speech thing is overblown, and hate speech is hardly protected by much over the pond to be honest. Over there, if your employer fucks you over you're in worse state than prisoners here.

Varies massively depending on the ship you're on. I've had absolutely brilliant commanding officers which inspired confidence in the crew that you would happily follow into war.

Usually the problems aren't at the top they're at the bottom. The people you live with or the guys that are only one rank higher.

Fair enough. You're right about our employers being able to fuck us. We sure love being corporate bitches. But doesn't it bother you that you can't blast some druggie that comes in to rape your TV and steal your wife? Your government doesn't see home defense as a valid reason to arm yourself. Sure, neither you or I will likely ever need a gun to blast a home invader, but I wouldn't like my government telling me I couldn't have one.

Imagine your life being so absorbed by politics you cannot avoid talking about it.

I think his point is that people generally don’t break into homes to begin with. It’s so much more of a rare situation there than in the US, that it’s not a consideration. Here, you get a story of some guy killing a home invader at least once a month.

Jesus, dude, if you want to talk to British people about British life - go to Jow Forums and not shit up this thread with domestic politics!

I live in a medium sized city over here (300k people). Nobody I know has ever been a victim of a serious crime, nothing past a traffic mishap and a flat getting graffiti while the owner was out. It just doesn't really figure in my day to day thoughts (unless I come to Jow Forums).
Imagine going to a country where everyone is carrying a fire blanket, and has a fire extinguisher in their car, and get into shitfits about foam stoppan power Vs water penetration. Is everyone that fucking flammable, or are they just being retarded?

>don't talk about guns on Jow Forums
He said ask him anything

>Royal navy
Inshallah, brother. When shall you expand the Islamic Caliphate?

>But doesn't it bother you that you can't blast some druggie that comes in to rape your TV and steal your wife?
I don't think he ever mentioned living in South Africa.

Rate?

What's are your thoughts on the forward ship basing concepts in the Gulf and possibly Pacific?

I mean, Foam is objectively better if you're not a poorfag though. There's no context.

>are they just being retarded?
More like retardant

Why did a faggot have to ruin a potentially comfy thread?

RN fag, how do you feel about Britain's lack of carriers?

What sort of country do you think we live in?

8/10

You started a discussion about domestic politics in a military thread. Don't even try and spin it.

I had a legitimate question for a euro. I guess they're all mad about being euros

>lack of carriers
Haven't they got more than any other western navy ignoring the US?

Not that guy, but I always carry one in my Jeep and have already put out a car fire and almost had the need for it again. If I would have had one in my Olds Cutlass, I would have saved myself a lot of work fixing up the engine bay after a fuel- related fire.

The sheer COPE in this thread

I expected as much from Jow Forums, this board is not interested in weapons or the military, only shitposting.

We rushed our carriers out of build in time for the Falklands war we could definitely have QE and Prince of Wales operationally deployable in a very short time if we needed. My thoughts are conflicted, I want the Royal Navy to grow but find it hard to justify to myself let alone anyone else

>wastes money on expensive foam
Water is just as good 95% of the time. You’re just burning a hole in your pocket and extinguishing any hopes for financial security by buying foam.

TBF not my best analogy. Sensible precautions are sensible.

I'm gonna have to give you a 2/10

It happens. I'm glad life is that good over there, and I hope we live in a world that will never see ordinary citizens need to take up arms again.
Hace you ever been to tge Isle of Man for the superbike races? That is my number one must see travel experience before ai die!

Never seen the racing there, but is recommend Goodwood and the Mercedes World near Weybridge if you're on the mainland.

If you see no need in expanding the Navy where do you think the money should go? More tanks or larger airforce?

Have their been a lot of females on your ships? How have they changed the dynamics of it?

I think we should use the money for more transport aircraft. Thus, we can vastly improve our ability to transport migrants.
No. It is haram.

I think we'll see the navy grow, probably four B2 Type 31s as the designated foward based ships with the two Littoral Strike Ships.

And Type 26 might be accelerated with Rugby hapeening...

>And Type 26 might be accelerated with Rugby hapeening...
Huh?

General Electric are acting like retards and want to close the Rugby site. BAE/RR are in talks with the MoD about accelerating B2 Type 26s.

We should be buying more Type 26s anyway desu. It's criminal that we're only getting 8 with our economy, pop and focus on global force projection.

Its driven by how many 2087 is buying - though they'll be three spare from the Type 23s, so take that as you will.

>source or gtfo
Unless you make a threat or a call to violence the most fagbook will do is drop the banhammer. Only npc's and commie larpers get a free pass because silicon valley faggots

Why are matelots so shit?
Why do they have such terrible taste in women?
Surely you can do better than a fat slapper with those gross small fat girl tits?
How many venereal diseases do you have?
How come you get arrested in every port you visit?
Why are matelots so shit?

>call a tranny a biological male on Twitter
get police visit
>like the wrong tweet
get a phonecall from police
>use the n word in the song lyrics you posted
get fined for hatespeech
>teach your dog to sieg heil as a prank
get arrested and fined
>use pepper spray in self-defense
get fined
>get caught carrying a patato peeler
get arrested
>have wrong politics
get banned from entering the country

Attached: 1555067693393.jpg (795x608, 104K)

I want to join the Navy, but my parents are both married and unrelated. How can I best conceal this from recruiters?

>makes a joke about a school shooting on Facebook
>get jailed
Truly the land of the free.

You talk as if that shit isn't happening to us right now

It literally isn't.

None of those things are happening in the US right now. Other fucked up things (red flag laws, mobs getting people fired over political incorrectness) but we still have freedom of speech under the law and some ability to defend ourselves.

It's not tho

Attached: 1554312710796.jpg (768x768, 106K)

Unironically feeding the operating budget and increasing sailors wages and living conditions. It's something this entire country is suffering from right now, pay peanuts get monkeys. Why the fuck would anyone want to serve their country when they can go and work in The City and get paid twice as much for an easier job?

>Ironic coming from the people who jail citizens for posting bad things on Facebook.

Ironic coming from the people who tried to put a man through 3 years of prison for video taping his dog making a Nazi Salute.

Yeah there's a lot of moral panic over school shootings. But at least in that case the idea is that it's a threat, and if it's not credible they'll be cleared by a judge. To the extent that people are being arrested in unreasonable circumstances, that has more to do with the police's discretionary power than the law per se.

No one in the US is being jailed over wrongthink. I wish people here would appreciate how lucky we are to have freedom of speech; things could be much, much worse.

>comparing a school shooting joke to a pug salute top kek

You wouldn't make a joke about putting a bomb on an airplane so why would you joke about going on a school chimp-out limey faggot? The level of coping in your shithole cuckshed island is beyond normal comprehension at this point.

Attached: 20190126_104203.jpg (277x229, 40K)

>Water is just as good 95% of the time.

>Completely useless in chemical fires, gas fires, and electrical fires

Unless it's just a pure wood and rubbish fire, water is objectively the worst thing to put out fires with.

>bad jokes at school shootings are different to bad jokes about nazi
Kek, what a joke.

>terroristic threats are the same as Nazis jokes.

Are you literally a retard?

>It just doesn't really figure in my day to day thoughts
From the US, not a lot of crime to speak of around here, but it's commonly understood among those who carry and keep a firearm in the house for defense that although crime is not likely, only fools choose not to be prepared if they can help it. Most people in the world selectively apply preparedness, so I understand the point you're making, I just don't agree with the notion that because people may not be prepared for absolutely everything at all times that they shouldn't consider being prepared for something some of the time.
Another strong disagreement I, and most people on Jow Forums, have is the idea that the means to self-defense should be regulated by the state. I'm not interesting in bickering over it, though. The only reason I bring it up is to point out that the contrast exists, and the conversation should be ignored.

He's British

>jokes are threats
I can't imagine being that much of a pussy.

>has a fire extinguisher in their car
isn't that normal?

>royal

Fuck the king.

Attached: 220px-Sandor_Clegane-The_Hound-Rory_McCann.jpg (220x293, 28K)

lmao then what's your take on the Count Dankula thing?

I really don't know fuck all about it tbf.

Then maybe you shouldn't talk shit about stuff you don't know about.

and yet you're still here trying to shit up this thread with politics. Kindly gtfo, I'm not even him and i'm getting bored of hiding your posts.