Why is .38 Special still the most popular revolver cartridge when .357 Magnum exists? It has no stopping power

Why is .38 Special still the most popular revolver cartridge when .357 Magnum exists? It has no stopping power.

Attached: 38spl-300x114.jpg (300x114, 8K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/2FraE77l4fI
youtube.com/watch?v=ZunVgm8tAMQ
youtube.com/watch?v=Yd3v_fssabI
youtu.be/Nn2XX81_kPU
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Poors and sois

it's cheaper.

Because .38 is a whole lot easier out of a 1lb 2" barrel pocket revolver. Also cheaper. But most importantly, it still kills.

>stopping power

Accuracy, less recoil, cheaper, effective, less blast etc.

Shooting 357 out of a ccw sucks ass too.

It would probably stop you if you were shot with it

>But most importantly, it still kills.
No it doesn't, it's .380 tier

Then why are almost all revolvers made today in .357 if it sucks to shoot? Checkmate

Nope

>Why is .38 Special still the most popular revolver cartridge when .357 Magnum exists?
Because I personally buy entire shelves of .38 special just to fuck up the statistics.

Alright, name your time and place and I'll shoot you with a .38 so we can put your claim to bed. Also have one less person shitting up this board.

Because boomers like you think youre getting meaningful accuracy out of a snub 357 and think you can shoot better than you really can.

357 can also shoot 38 so thats a large reason, and in bigger heavier revolvers its fine.

We’re no longer fighting drugged up flips. It’s a good home defense round cause Tyrone freaks if you show up packing heat

357 magnum has a negligible difference in stopping power on humans to a fast 9mm load.
38 special has a negligible difference in stopping power on humans to a 9mm when loaded with a deep enough penetrating bullet.
Having slightly more mass and slightly more speed does almost nothing toward the lethal potential of a diameter bullet unless barriers are involved or if the extra mass can be used to further expand the bullet.

I buy a fair bit of it to run through my .357
Its cheap

Most of the addicts now are opioid addicts who feel increased pain when they aren't high, and are comatose when high.

357 is for people who shop more than
they shoot.

>Then why are almost all revolvers made today in .357 if it sucks to shoot?

1) memes. despite what people say, most of their purchases are not based on practical reality and instead are based on branding. people think 357 is cool. it sells based on its reputation.

2) 357 can chamber both. You shoot 38's for cheap target practice. You can carry 357's if you feel you need the extra power for some reason.

This.
and to add to that, 38 spl +P is no slouch.

>No it doesn't
Shit, I didn't know humans evolved to be bullet resistant since it was invented

>.380acp doesn't kill people

Imagine the stack of bodies just from cops using 38spl for so long. 380 can't get close. Also bullet tech is way better now. There are plenty of solid 38spl loads.

Tell Lee Harvey Oswald and John Lennon that.

>No it doesn't
Shoot yourself with smaller bullets to build up an immunity to larger bullets.

Faggots and women.

Attached: fce.png (900x469, 207K)

It’s an immunity thing. You start off by shooting yourself with 2mm Colibri, then work your way up through .25 ACP and the various .22 rimfire loadings (CB, short, long, and lr), until you’re ready for .32 ACP. Most people stop there, although some will take their immunizations to a ridiculous extremes. Fun fact: the Ruger .480 was specifically designed for policework in areas where criminals had progressed their immunities up to ,454 Casull.

Because .357 out of any revolver that's of a sane CC size is utterly wasted and you may as well have had cheaper .38 for the performance you're getting.

You could conceal a 4" .357 if you didn't insist on dressing like a faggot hipster.

did he died?

can confirm. i'm at 9mm right now and i don't think i can go any further. my goal was .223 but i just can't overcome the difference in penetration.

But if you're gonna conceal a belt gun you could have a 9mm with all the boolits. 357 is completely worthless in current year.

>Alright, name your time and place and I'll shoot you with a .38 so we can put your claim to bed.
Would you rather get shot once with 357 in the leg or twice with 38?

Maybe so, but you'll never be able to conceal your closeted homosexuality.

> still shoots
> worthless in current year
Neck yourself

Well you could still shoot a literal cannon in the current year but I won’t be CC’ing one

>not CCing a howitzer

Attached: easy mode.jpg (779x587, 92K)

Because 38spl only revolvers fell out of favor years ago. They exist in new production but are almost always snub ccw pieces. Unless a few extra Oz's is a problem there is almost no reason to buy. 38spl only revolver as a 357 frame gives you the best of both.

Also increases cylinder weight a little making 38 easier to shoot

.357 has a 5% increase in effectiveness over .38 retard

Attached: Screen-Shot-2015-01-12-at-9.04.10-PM.png (431x270, 8K)

STOPPAN POWAH
Fudd detected.

>Implying .380 can't kill
B8 gtfo I bet you think .22 is a useless round also.
t. 380 auto CC user

Attached: 1529376552578.jpg (760x680, 19K)

This is a very educational video. The day a fat slob pothead with a .22 bested a trained former Marine seasoned State Trooper who shot him 5 times in the torso with a .357

youtu.be/2FraE77l4fI

because my pre war colts can't chamber 357

Don't be a pussy and accept user's generous (by your own definition) offer.

So if you acctually watch the video he was shot 5 times with a 357, 3 of which were even close to hitting. The officer got unlucky with a 22 entering through an unprotected area.

People here make it sound like he was on pcp and took 5 center mass.

>shoot a fucker 5 times in the chest with fucking anything
>he lives

Sometimes your number just comes up. That's about the only educational part about that video.

Tell that to gallon water jugs

You dont need all the kick and bang to shoot Jamal 3 feet in front of you.

No.

Listen to the perp. 4 out of 5 shots hit his ass center mass as he twisted away from him. One of which was directly in his chest. The others were side shots.

Sometime you do everything right and still lose.

>.40: 45% one stop, 2.36 shots to incap
>.22: 31% one stop, 1.38 rounds to incap
well that math all checks out
>actually using this chart to prove a point

Attached: 1517351909900.jpg (479x479, 26K)

animals arent water jugs

Because .357 guns can shoot .38 and it's a good practice round.

Cant see where it says he lived.

youtube.com/watch?v=ZunVgm8tAMQ

Attached: 1519791768832.jpg (252x400, 20K)

.480 is just a wider .44 mag. It was made in a time where they thought caliber was the only factor in bullet immunity when there were dudes getting killed by 7.62x39 every single day that could handle 10 .480 Rugers. Now people usually go from 7.62x39 to .220 Swift because the fast bullets have a lot more ouch to them than slow and heavy.

lol
480 ruger is quite recent, it was invented around 2003-2004. It's basically a cucked version of the .475 Linebaugh. People certainly understood how velocity worked at the time.

>well that math all checks out
Please explain what you think is wrong with the math and show your work. I'll wait.

>reading comprehension: I have none

You have to put some distance into the equation. It's much more difficult because you need a buddy to plink at you from 700yd with .223.

>.45aarp is less effective then .38spl
caliber queens btfo

I still love .38-only K-Frames

Weak b8

I mean if you like them buy them, but from most company's points of view once you're out of snubs it's more profitable to sell 357 frames.

But if you're going to carry .357, you should practice with .357.

You need more stopping power though

Attached: 88mag.jpg (750x600, 55K)

I'm not but interestingly enough I can only get the math to work out if I drop the 1 shot stops from the equation while retaining all shooting incidents. I'm willing to accept that my math just might be garbage though

Attached: 1556069669696.jpg (3000x2274, 845K)

Update: The math works out including 1 shot stops if there are 15 to 16 cases where no shots were fired at all. This assumes all other cases are 2 shot stops though, which I did out of laziness

Attached: 1553188880115.jpg (720x727, 85K)

>15 to 16 cases
I meant 15% to 16% of cases

Seems like a missed opportunity to do bullet nipples.

>40 SW > 380 ACP = 357 > everything else

Is this just because these are hipster rounds meaning the people who buy them are training and thus accurate?

Probably. There's no fucking way a single shot of 380 is more effective than a single shot of 45, or 9mm in the same spot.

spooky
this guy talks about similar things to what happened in that video. multiple rounds failing to be fight stoppers

youtube.com/watch?v=Yd3v_fssabI

Yeah he trains for head shots on 6" paper plates. Felt good first time I watched it because the targets I use have 6" bulls and I've focused on the same thing for years because it just seemed like a good idea. I mean if you can get a reasonably fast head shot on the draw then a torso shot would be a piece of cake right?

Because it’s fun to shoot. I got another 2k rds showing up tomorrow.

brutal

>no stopping power
>no
come here OP and stand still

There is a moment when you realize specific typed of ammo are not that difference if they are in the same category. Every handgun ammo is shit compared to any rifle or even pistol caliber carbines

Because boomers like you think youre getting meaningful accuracy out of a snub 357

youtu.be/Nn2XX81_kPU

>linking to Hickuck

Kill yourself

it would be interesting to send all of Jow Forums back to the 50s and see what they autistically do with all the 38 specials in circulation.
>fits special autists
>wadcutter die hards
>12 gauge spergs
>lever action fatties.

would be neat.

>traveling back in time to the 50’s
>not immediately buying a Thompson

Well yeah but animals are mostly water. Check mate!

>not immediately buying a dozen

you fags wont have 350 bucks. practically a fortune.

wow, man. that was really rude.

>traveling back to the 50s
>not putting a bullet through Billy Hughes' head as soon as humanly (and humanely) possible

you're approaching levels of shig that shouldn't be diggable

the fuck? What's wrong with hickok45?

>Thinking basic physics is Fuddlore

I bet you believe 9Mm Is JuSt As GoOd

Everything. Cucks on humpstocks too and his videos are fucking informationless advertisements

Attached: ff_4.jpg (589x411, 56K)

He can't risk having a pic taken of him with a rebel flag. Federal might stop sending him cases of ammo

>Unironicly using current year.
>In 2015 + 4
>Spouting stupid memes and fuddlore
>Arguing with everyone making good points
>Obvious bait
OP confirmed for retard and faggot.

Attached: 1555736250271m.jpg (1024x554, 81K)

>OH NO not my sponsors! Instead of just leaving I better virtue signal on twatter!

Confederate shit is cringy as fuck and really doesn't have any business being at a 2nd amendment rally, does it? Cant blame the guy for not wanting to be around a bunch of obnoxious, Mnt Dew-Mouthed retards.
Whats this about bumpfire?
I have learned a ton of shit from his videos and they are actually pretty entertaining sometimes.

What's wrong with the tweet?

>I decide what is and isnt welcome at a 2a rally

I can tell youre not from the south.

>what's with about bump fire

He defended the ban on bump stocks and said stupid shit how its not the "hill to die on".

Neck yourself redditor.

It's literally impossible that 9mm is bested by .380 even if i have a soft spot for it, or god forbid .25acp is taking less shots. 9mm is just more common and has worse shooters.
> HOLY shit eight fucking capatchas.

>Let's take a shot...

Like to shout out to Bud's gun shop

>at the gong and...

for lending us this 1911

>wake'r up...

haha by god, it'll be up for auction by the time this video goes up

>now let's smoke some

and thanks to federal for providing

>pot and take a shot at 2 liter

all this ammo

>Neck yourself redditor.

There's nothing more pathetic than finding pride in being a useful idiot for a bunch of traitors who wanted to play aristocrat.

Its not about the Confederacy or the union you cuck its about being that much of an old boomer bitch because of a flag and feeling the need to virtue signal.

If you think either side was absolutely right or wrong youre deluded.

>not the "hill to die on".

We're well past that. We should have been stacking bodies when Clinton banned Norinco

The Union was absolutely in the right. The rebel cause was nothing more than the planter's throwing a fit because the rest of the country was upset over the fact they were violating US law.