What pc games does Jow Forums approve of?

What pc games does Jow Forums approve of?

Attached: s1-d6dea3b05d87fb535d8c37d22859969e.jpg (1280x720, 308K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=keaLGgGPLA4
escalation1985.com/gallery
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

>desperate for approval and validation from a polish folk-dancing forum
RS2 is pretty good, desu.

I don't care what bootyblasted homos say in every single thread, RO2, RS, and RS2 are still good.

Just the same handful that always get mentioned in every single thread. You fresh off the boat from reddit?

NOT TARKOV, which is basically an airsofter's idea of gunfights. Play Squad instead.

I mostly play Siege, Insurgency: Sandstorm(bit of a nightmare at the moment), and Squad. Other user is right tho RS2 is also fun.
I feel like I got scammed by Ground Branch they are hardly working on the fucking thing and content is barebones

Man its a shame the AAF got the litteral worst gun in the game

>RS2
Check out ‘83 as well
One of the 2 dev teams that made RS2 is making basically the same thing but set in a Cold War gone hot instead of ‘Nam.

'83 looks alright imo

>which is basically an airsofter's idea of gunfights
why

>you actually need to maintain your gear
>you actually need to strategize your weight
>not "zombie apocalypse clone number 381"
>hot innawoods action
>nice blend of Jow Forums, /out/, and /x/
The Long Dark

Attached: capsule_616x353.jpg (616x353, 66K)

Seems pretty cool. Played it a few years ago when it didn’t have many features. I gotta reinstall it sometime.

CSGO is the only rooty tooty shooty that I play

Yep, I’m buying it as soon as I can. It’s pretty much my dream game.

Yeah, they really improved it. I'm being patient with waiting for the next episodes. The dev team has put a lot of good work into this. The clothing system is pretty cool.

Honestly with video games just play what you like. Suspension of disbelief.

Battlefield 2. Strike at Karkand was literally fps perfection

based, the long dark is a great game.

Ye i was hoping for a long time that a cold war goes hot game that wasn't like a shitty call of duty came out and '83 seems like it might be the one

how come nobody posted World of guns yet
Jow Forums games dont have to be cawadoody clones newfags

Don’t you have to buy like every gun on there? I understand why they need to monetize it like that, but it’s really annoying.

Vintage Jow Forumsino being the first semi realistic open world game set in the cold war.

Attached: 220px-Operation_Flashpoint_cover.jpg (220x266, 20K)

Havent seen Hunt:Showdown mentioned yet. Really fun if you like cowboy guns and historical firearms.

it's great but there's only one gun in the game if you don't count the flaregun, and it's some weird lee enfield fantasy thing. they should just have used a real life shotgun or something

absolutely C O M F Y

Attached: 1523257120490.jpg (640x559, 32K)

Never played either, but Ive watched some tarkov because I was interested in getting it at one point. Why do you say this?

LucasArts: Outlaws
For wild west operations using the dark forces engine. Also has voiced, animated cutscenes and full orchestra soundtrack along with internet deathmatches back in 1997.

youtube.com/watch?v=keaLGgGPLA4

Graviteam tactics: mius front, and operation star are both very in depth and realistic battalion level simulators that accurately recreate eastern front battles. Tank warfare : tunisa 1943 is good North African campaign game.

Im not sure what he means. I play Tarkov and the firefights are pretty good. Not the most realistic though. Hits a really good balance between fun and realism. Feels kind of like STALKER in that manner. But more tacticool.

Opinions on stalker 2?
I know that i might never be released considering the devs offices are in donbass lol

DON'T BE A FEWL, MARSHALL

In the mean time just play the originals, and mod them to hell and back.

Does Jow Forums approve any RTS games / series?

Company of Heroes, the first one. Campaigns and Multiplayer. Second one is a fine multiplayer rts but misses the flavor and asymmetrical balance of the first.

Men of War AS2, Wargame Red Dragon, Close Combat, Codename Panzers, Theater of War, Syrian Warfare and Command and Conquer Generals.

>full auto is literally more accurate than single/bursts
>shots anywhere outside of the thorax/head do fuck all since they're not "vital hits", you can take up to 10-12 shots to die
>mosin nagant is literally better than modern assault rifles
>armor 'realistically' stops mosts rounds as plates do; unrealistically covers EVERYTHING
>no real downside to armor
>bulletproof face visors everywhere
>muh weak pistol calibur no stoppin powah

Darkest Dungeon

Not that user, but honestly get the standard edition which goes on sale often, the gun models, modding and mechanics are very nice, and its overall a pretty fun game, has a big learning curve so just be prepared. I think it is worth it but it can be a pain some times, but that comes with any looter shooter where you can lose your items

I see what you mean now. Im the second guy you replied too. My primary complaint about the game has always been the overly strong armor. Hopefully plate modeling gets in soon. The game was better than ever when they accidentally turned blunt damage way up and you could destroy an armored opponent by laying into them with a 30 round mp5.

Squad V13 plays pretty fucking good on the public test beta but the playerbase desperately needs more people willing to squad lead.

Attached: 1549927165309.jpg (2312x1300, 590K)

Full auto is not more accurate, I do agree with armor being a little OP but I am pretty sure that is because of an ammo issue with the update.

Battle Brothers
Pike And Shot
Vietnam '65

Is 83 out yet, haven’t caught up with the development in a while.

Nah the TRGs worse. The better accuracy doesn't make up for how mediocre 5.56 is in the game. The Mk20 is more controllable and has a higher RoF so you can use bursts to even it out.
They also get the best non-DLC marksmen rifle, a solid LMG and actual body armor so it's not all bad for them.

OP here

No its not yet but will probably be out this year or early 2020

DCS of course

Attached: Persian Sunset.png (1920x1080, 1.78M)

It's not even about armor itself (though plate modeling is much needed); it's about how getting hit anywhere but the thorax is a complete non-issue. Aim sway is a joke, and hobbling is cured with a quick pill. The twitch shooter kids hated aimpunch and I don't think it's gonna come back (the real problem with aimpunch in the game is that people were getting hit with full auto instead of 1-2 semiauto shots due to the retarded state of the gunplay)
Particularly grating is how in unarmored fights you can hit someone multiple times in the limbs and not be any closer to killing your opponent since you've blacked out a limb or two and spread the rest of the damage evenly throughout all bodyparts; you need a lot more hits (easily 4-8 more) to achieve a limb kill but only two to the thorax (the same as full health, because since damage on blacked out limbs is spread evenly among all bodyparts it is very hard to lower thorax hp enough to ensure one thorax hit kills)

Can't wait for Tripwire to make another dogshit game that is soo bad the beta will be more fun

Men of Valor was a neat look at Vietnam.

It literally is because of how recoil compensation works. You get much less recoil after you've fired 3-4 shots.

Its unfortunate because the game lives and dies by the quality of leadership. Good leadership will give you a great match and bad leadership will give a shit match. But a negative feedback loop begins when you SL as you have to deal with noobie/retarded squaddies and retarded SLs on your team. Makes you want to stop doing SL. This in turn makes leadership worse, which demoralizes more SLs who then quit, and so on. With the current state of the game, good SLs tend to play with clan mates and you cant get into the squad. You have a 50/50 chance of your rando SL actually staying the whole match, when he leaves the guy who steps up is never as good. If your rando SL stays then theres a further 50/50 chance hes either a mouthbreather or actually decent. Good server moderation and communities help out a lot with this, but it is still primarily a player problem that needs to be solved by players.

Yes I also agree damage modeling is kind of off. But armor is the most egregious breach of both realism and fun in my eyes.

Just play War Thunder you massive faggot. It's approved by me personally because I sunk about four days worth of time into it,which are never coming back.

>Thinks 4 days is much
I played it for 3 years and I can tell you it is the worst Free to Play game in the world. WoT is better.

Literally never die to full auto unless it's Killa, semi auto/one taps is easy mode, except for MP7, one exception

I used to play tarkov.
It's not realistic but it's OK

That’s good news, can’t wait. Thank you friend.

>Literally never die to full auto
Well, duh, because everyone is running the mosin right now.
>semi auto/one taps is easy mode
One-tapping to the head is the only reliable option for semiauto (stupid and unrealistic). Now try fighting a geared guy with a visor and see how long you can last against his no-recoil-drum-mag-M4.

I smell a shill. War thunder is an amazing game. I'm sorry you're too retarded to know how to fight russians.

Relatively unknown game atm afaik, but Escalation 1985 looks like its gonna be really good. escalation1985.com/gallery

>War Thunder is an Amazing game
Maybe to a 12 year old.
>how to fight Russians
I used to play Russians you faggot, game was just as bullshit, unbalanced and grindy cancer.

Don't get me wrong, I like the game, I'm having a lot of fun with it. But it's advertised and spoken of as a 'realistic simulator' while in its current state it isn't at all. I really hope that changes.
Also, let's be fair, the game has a lot of issues right now. Between the hackers, absolutely terrible stutters & desync, bad balance (mosin, armor sort of), the shitty quest changes, introduction of boring grind... Yeah.

I can't believe that the two faggots above me didn't mention it, but you should DEFINITELY play World in Conflict. Best story you can find in a war-themed game.

>War thunder is an amazing game.
>Terrible flight models
>damage models are beyond fucked
>Devs keep pushing more stuff for players to pay for instead of quality of life changes.

Don't think so bud.

This user speaks the truth
I've nearly played 1000 hours in the game and its pretty shit how the devs are shitting out premium vehicles. Never really played tanks much but air forces game modes are shit and boats are gay

Attached: 1538572868054.jpg (252x306, 16K)

They have been releasing purposely broken vehicles since the beta and nerfing them the next patch when they release more broken shit.
Also they have been breaking promises for years now. Back in 1.27 which was in 2012 they promises bomber cockpits would take 2 years to be added, in 2017 we got "preliminary" cockpits.
Back in 1.25 they promised the game will stop at Korean War. During 1.35 they pushed that to 1953 no matter if the vehicle served. And now sky is the fucking limit.
They also promised no tier 5 premiums, no AA missiles, No Radar.
And an 100v100 "War" game mode.

Huey best aircraft

War thunder WAS a lot of fun, until they added American tanks. It was all downhill from there

Yeah, you got it right. Also SL to SL interaction is horrible 60% of the time. Either it's complete radio silence or insults because you called someone out for playing sims city 20 miles behind enemy lines.

Either that or all the other SLs will only be assault squads and refuse to run any logistics so you have to take your poor squaddies and do the logi runs and backup FOB building or lose

Dirty bomb, r.i.p!!

>thorax

Pretty sure its a torso u insects.

>never really played tanks much
And here is your major issue.

I think the term can apply to humans too, not sure

Not only is 'thorax' the proper medical term to refer to that part of the body, it is the term that the devs of EFT have decided use (although they used 'stomach' instead of 'abdomen' for some reason).

In terms of things somewhat Jow Forums?
>STALKER: Shadow of Chernobyl
>Darkwood
>Titanfall 2
>Bad Company 2
>Company of Heroes (1 is better, 2 is alright)
Company of Heroes, Starcraft 2, and Age of Empires 2 are my personal holy trinity of RTSs. Only CoH is particularly Jow Forums though.
I have zero expectations about it being released, or being good. I've learned to not expect much from series returning after long periods and still being good. DMC5 is the only one I know in the last 5 years that pulled it off.
DD is great but hardly Jow Forums except in that it contains weapons.

Attached: wolfman.gif (283x424, 2.08M)

Let's go to the Nazi Jewish cult and be hungry for hunger

>Dat holy trinity

I see you are a man of culture as well. Only 3 RTS games I still play regularly to this day

Attached: 1551898042150.jpg (400x333, 25K)

The Long Dark is super seasonal to me.

When the first really hard cold hits, it's time to go run away from wolves.

Unless it changed in the last couple of years. There is only one gun in the game, period. Not just one type, one gun. In any session.

Im very good at finally finding that gun, hiding out at the lake cabin eating bears, then freezing to death because Im too comfy at the cabin.

Also, I never did find the random span apocalypse bunker, sadly.

It started out as a plane game and i never enjoyed tanks when they got introduced

If you're going to play CoH 1, download the Blitzkrieg mod, it is just a flat out improvement.

Attached: Blitz.jpg (660x660, 204K)

Neopets

CoD2 not even ironically

Why did they go full retard and stop with selling the personal edition version of VBS? I just want to get my hands some version of VBS.

Attached: VBS2.jpg (640x400, 54K)

What are the differences, even?

>he didn't play on master
Tarkov plays nothing like STALKER and that's the reason why it sucks

Ground Branch is much better after the latest AI update. Pretty good if you want something modern that is similar to the old GR and R6 games.

Attached: DwZ-FOpUUAApJDf.jpg (1200x675, 103K)

ARMA 3 but it is only fun with a clan IMO.
>Company of Heroes 1 with Blitzkrieg Mod
>Company of Heroes 2 with Wikinger Mod
>Wargame series (Red Dragon as the only active multiplayer buts it cancerous)
>Men of War AS2
>Homeworld series
>Sins of the Solar Empire
>World in Conflict and Soviet Assault

>sandstorm dog shit and not as good as first
>RS2 not as good as ro2 and dying
>every PC player just plays battle royale, tf2, csgo and overwatch
>tarkov ruined by p2w safe crates and more
>Verdun and Tannenberg are dead

Attached: ff.png (551x491, 261K)

Arma 3 is coming out with a Cold War, West vs East Germany DLC in a few days.

Attached: ss_56856a76a3933bdbd9dd5052913215c071d3bb9b.jpg (1920x1080, 948K)

You can still play the old Rainbow Six and SWAT games (for the two hundred and fifty-seventh time).
Some people still play RO1/2 and original Insurgency.
ArmA and Squad are going decently well.

And, uh... that's about it.

>they're finally ditching the fucking near-future shit
GOD DAMMIT YES

Will it have a campaign/missions or is it just the Units?

I dont have squad actually

YEP, NOW THAT WAS A GAME RIGJT THERE

Attached: !!d-zhP!CGM~$(KGrHqEOKooEy jCzuNpBM7DnSO-t!~~_1.JPG.jpg (186x266, 19K)

The guys who made swat finally got off their asses and ready or not is coming to beta

I am Jow Forums and I approve of Pavlov and Minecraft.

I played the shit out of that game. Carantan ftw

Jow Forums aproVES THE SHIT OUT OF THIS GAME

>Cold War gone hot
Generic entry level "Jow Forums-tier" shit. I would have rather had a real cold war era conflict that doesn't get enough appreciation in video games. For example the Soviet Afghan war, Grenada, Panama, or even Desert Storm (might as well be cold war era).

Not exactly weapons related, but I think flight sims earn an honorary Jow Forums seal of approval due to how autistically detailed most payware planes are. I've been playing FSX lately.

Attached: b737.jpg (1920x1080, 393K)