GUN SOUNDS

Why does my friends .44 mag desert eagle sound so fucking deep and percussive yet the .44 mag Mares Leg I heard at the range sounded much weaker and just a lot pop that couldnt be distinguished from any other centerfire pistol.

I though duh! Barrel length! But an uncle's .44 mag with shorter barrel (4"?) than the desert eagle didn't have the same THUMP and blast to it either.

What guns have the most impressive report? I suppose the bigger the bore the deeper the BOOM is, whereas the opposite, small bore, like .17 hmr is a high pitch crack.

No idea what ammo was used except for the cheapest fiocchi for deagle

Attached: 79697.jpg (600x151, 12K)

Also it was old deagle with no muzzle brake style slots in the barrel. I know that makes guns way louder.

Do you not understand how sound works? Go back to school.

if you want to be retarded, get something like an obrez or a mini draco

They don’t teach about how sound waves work in school. Unless you take some physics class, probably

Maybe the guy shooting the Mare's leg was shooting some weaker stuff, or maybe even .44 spl

I absolutely do. I mean the .44 deagle has a deep thump to it that 12ga slugs don't have. That like .70 caliber right? So in my mind that should be like subwoofer big deep BOOOOOOM but no, they are higher pitched than the .44mag. .308 doesn't have. .45-70 doesn't have.

You have a point but what about my uncle's? Definitely Mag, it roared but in a noticeably different way.

barrel length makes a difference as you already know
so does the type of gun. A revolver will bleed gases from the cylinder gap; this creates a different sound. A Deagle is gas-operated, so that will change the sound it makes as well.

As for your mare's leg vs. the short-barreled revolver, the main differences are:
-Mare's leg has a longer barrel, thus the pressure in the barrel will be lower when the bullet exits the muzzle
-Mare's leg puts the muzzle farther away from your ear

>>most impressive report
short barrel
muzzle brake
nothing which bleeds gas from the action (no cylinder gap, gas port, etc.)

/thread

Gun sound thread? I love 7.62x39's pleasant thump. I'm looking at 5.56 rifles now and they don't sound as nice

This thread has me curious about more in-depth analysis of the waveforms of gun reports.
Maybe that with some fluid dynamics research could improve loudener designs so we can be even bigger assholes at indoor ranges.

>They don’t teach about how sound waves work in school
Zoomers are fucked

How will they ever scare away Stacey's when their 9mm's and 5.56's are too pleasant to shoot?!

Public education has drastically lowered expectations in the past 20 years.
It's stunning to compare what I learned in high school to that which is being taught today. Even humanities classes are inferior.
There are people graduating high school who can't factor polynomials and legitimately think the civil war was about abolition as a humanitarian action.
To say nothing of the arts. They stop with romeo and juliet, and never even touch on hamlet.

.44mag out of a deagle isn't necessarily going to go supersonic, so you'll just hear the report of the explosion, and no high-pitched crack from the bullet breaking the sound barrier.

Give that .44 a longer barrel and then you get the high pitched crack when the bullet breaks the sound barrier.

Gunshots are a single impulse. Because of that they don't have a repeating waveform the way a musical instrument, machinery, an engine, etc, does.

Pic related is a good starting point.

Attached: GUEST_2c80eff6-3ee3-4360-9ecf-993854048a75.jpg (488x488, 40K)

OP, was all this shooting done at the same place on the same day? Air temperature, humidity, and wind direction matter. If you are shooting under a roof or near walls or other large/flat surfaces it will sound much louder than if you were shooting in an open area or innawoods.

I noticed my Remington 1 1/4 oz. Slugs sound like you're dropping fucking bombs while 00 buck has a nice boom, and #7 1/2 shot sounds like that super sonic crack

M16s can sound awesome in videos but irl I wear enough earpro for it to be nothing special
>*chuk chuk chuk chuk chuk chuk*

Deagle have to use powerful ammo just to cycle

>44 magnum
>that power
>that portability

I can only get so hard...

These are the important issues.