/meg/ - Military Enlistment General

Retards forgetting to put meg Edition

Old: >>LYING ABOUT MEDICAL HISTORY = GOOD
>>LYING ABOUT CRIMINAL HISTORY = DON'T DO IT

>Do your own research to start, then come here for clarification.
>No vague questions, like "What job is best?"

>discord.gg/25RSvaA
>/meg/ official discord

pastebin.com/0K6MFcUZ
Guides to prepare for high-speed shit. (SEAL, Ranger etc.)

Resources:
Armyranger.com
For Ranger info, obviously.

sealswcc.com/
SEAL/SWCC site with videos and fitness plans and a forum

Shadowspear.com
All around SOF website. Great info and run by former/active members of every SOF unit. Mentor program. Also has forums for international SOF.

Professionalsoldiers.com
For all Army SF info.

warriorcorpsman.com/
For Navy Corpsman info.

leatherneck.com/forums/showthread.php?115180-MARSOC-Force-Recon
This is an all-inclusive thread for MARSOC/Force Recon stuff.

uscg.org
For Coast Guard info. Good site, lots of vets able to answer questions.

airwarriors.com/community/
>Naval Aviator forum with info on Navy OCS as well

usarec.army.mil/hq/warrant/prerequ/woft.shtml
US Army High school to Flight school

Before you ask a question, check the FAQ
>pastebin.com/Rx0nDuga

>Should I go Navy Enlisted Nuke?
Maybe.
i.imgur.com/FZ0Q9q4.png
tl;dr: Long hard school, long work hours, with good job prospects. It's definitely not for everyone or even most people in general.

CG info
>gocoastguard.com/family-and-friends/the-helmsman/required-knowledge

ASVAB for Dummys
mega.nz/#!XuhSWQgb!ycwEyBz1J-DZx_GOsAxmSQCduAImNuzTRswqfRb-x-w

READ THIS BEFORE ASKING CLEARANCE QUESTIONS
opm.gov/forms/pdf_fill/SF86.pdf

Attached: 1555630334095.jpg (1024x561, 256K)

more like /zog/ general lmoa

When does your time-in-grade start if you go in as an E-3? Is it after BMT or after tech school? Air Force, if it matters

Attached: 1920px-Ilja_Jefimowitsch_Repin_-_Reply_of_the_Zaporozhian_Cossacks_-_Yorck.jpgsmall.jpg (1919x1135, 713K)

I'm going to try to get into the army soon as a 31D since they have a fast track program for people with criminal justice degrees. Can anyone tell me what it's like on a day to day basis to be a military investigator? What kind of stuff do you get into? How hard is the CID training?

Gottem

What did my recruiter mean by this?

Attached: F7687853-4931-46B6-A49C-043170C5D5A4.png (750x1334, 265K)

Never happened.

impossible to tell without context
it's a good sign he wants to talk with you more though.

per capita do AF fighters or USN jets drop more bombs?

starts the day you join. It doesn't mean you'll be promoted E-4 early, though unless you get a waiver.

What MOS series to look into and completely avoid?
I am going through my third contract as my last two got delayed
I didnt score very high (32 asvab) and (89 gt)
However I had alittle luck picking a job that wasnt too easy due to my shit scores.
Can I have recommendations? or push the recruiter at MEPs to give me an MOS.
Also how can I get airborne with it? or is it something I need to get once I am in,I know its a bitch to get.I am trying to go SF/SOF as I dont want to do desk work.
OR
Should I kickback and retake the test in several months to hopefully improve scores?

Attached: 1553600861969.jpg (812x1024, 61K)

Hey guys. I am interested in doing some bad ass shit. I am in college. I cant for the lofe of me figure out this info on the army website so i am asking y'all.

I specifically am interested in special forces. I would like to apply to be an officer. From the army website as i understand it, you need to be an infantry officer, then apply to go SF, right? There is no like 18x contract for officers as i can tell.

So in that case, i cant find out what its like to be an infantry Officer. How long is the contract? Is your MOS guaranteed like enlisted? If i were to do this... how many JOs get to go to Ranger selection?

Also, i have been seeing a therapist on and off since high school. Not a psychiatrist. Will this DQ me from a high security clearence?

Thanks a bunch for any help guys! Any advice appreciated.

So if you have an 18-month tech school on top of 2 months at BMT, you basically only have 8 months to go until Senior Airman? That's not bad at all

>scoring one point over the army's ASVAB minimum
What did your recruiter say?

>tfw 15 minute mile and max 15-20 pushups and I'm going to MEPs again soon to swear in.
Why didn't I work out more?

Attached: a928dd2af5521e0b36f07aa7e14948a526a6599dc60ecc3a784e320e69d9ae41.png (500x430, 47K)

She said because my line scores arent bad I had decent job options (signal)
but thats it,everything else was infantry.

You might get DQ'd

Officers plan missions and lead them, they don't really do the badass shit. Lots of talking on radios.
You don't get to pick your branch as an officer.
Length of your contract depends, usually it's 4 years.
Every Inf. 2lt gets the chance to go to Ranger school, if you want to go to RASP 2 and serve in the 75th you have to be a fucking great PL at your first duty station.

>she
this is going to be interesting!

>Why didn't I work out more?
idk you tell me.
you're swearing in, not shipping. start working out today.
within a few weeks you can get that 15 min to 10 minutes and 20 pushups to 40 easily.
no reasn you can't go beyond that in the same timeframe.

Without even going to basic?

I see. Thanks man

why the fuck weren't you working out.

Attached: 1555868168063.gif (500x500, 438K)

Is cool unifroms a valid reason to go Marines instead of Army?

He wants to run a train on you

>at MEPS
>get through everything fine; blood pressure, briefing, hearing, vision, physical, neuro, blood, dt, etc...
>see doctor lady at the end
>everything is fine until she looks in my ears
>"you have XXX" (whatever the medical term for surfers ear is)
>go the the head doctors office and she says the same thing, more than 2/3 of my eardrum is not visible because of cold water exposure making the bones around it grow inward or something
>I can equalize pressure underwater just fine and can pop my ears when altitude changes, hearing was/is also fine
>told I will have to come back in a few weeks to get sent to a separate facility where they have the proper apparatuses to look into my ears and see if I'm okay.
Basically got through everything until listing my jobs on the dream sheet, (going airforce), signing SF 86, and swearing in. Did I get DQ'd/ how fucked am I? Like I said I can hear just fine and passed the hearing test.

What exactly are background checks going find outside of the military, and how much info can employers ask from me?
>Quit basic
>Uncharacterized discharge
>Chapter 5-11
>RE3 Code
Normally when applying for shit I just never mention it since it usually just asks if you want veterans preference. But now I'm applying for state correctional officer and they are asking for any military service, as well as a background check so they will find out anyways.
Can I get away with just saying I was discharged for medical reasons that I had prior to joining, or will they want/find the exact reason?
The reason is depression, which I said so I could go home faster than the medical discharge would take.

Can enlisted in one branch openly make fun of officers in a different branch?
This girl I know in high school did ROTC but ended up commissioning into the Reserves rather than AD. Also it's the Army, so there's quite a bit of material there.

Attached: 1550725612451.jpg (441x341, 123K)

knew* yes I know I'm a faggot for clowning on the Army and fucking up a 4-letter word

I didn't realize it takes that little time to get more fit, huh. The way people talk about it makes it seem as if it takes 2 hours a day for months.
I thought I had more time.

"please don't commit bro, I.... I need to make my quotas"

no
army has cool uniforms too
well, they will.

similar thing happened to me, except it was earwax blocking the view. You're not dq'd, just delayed until you can go to MEPS again.

>had excellent hearing before the doctor's interview
>turns out black, solidified earwax filled both canals to the brim and I got excellent results despite that.
I kind of wish they'd let me retake the hearing test.

is there a way to enlist without taking the asvab. Failed about 2 times now

No, how the fuck do you fail the ASVAB?

No, there isn't. Some scores can be waiverable depending on how bad they want people. The easiest way to get over this is to just study hard. Do you know what parts you're failing?

get a study guide

Will I get a guaranteed quick deployment if I ask to be deployed? I really don't want to be sitting around a base at home on cigarette butt patrol.

mathematical knowledge and arithmetic reasoning. My score is a 24 do i just go there and tell them to waiver it? how does this waiver thing work pls explain i really appreciate your time and effort

Your chain of command will think you're a moron and will actively stop you from doing things to disgrace yourself and the uniform if they find out about it. Your peers will realize you have autism, if they can't already tell.

>failed asvab
what does that mean?
i recommend studying. i assume you sucked at school, too. no biggy but it does mean you will need to put in some extra work if you want a job that requires a specific score.
asvab for dummies or shit by kaplan (test prep books) are useful. you can't skip the asvab.

I lied about my medical history.
They won't ask about that when I try to get my top secret clearance r-right?

by score i mean i got a 24 afqt

no one cares what you want when you first join
they'll care when you're worth something and they want you to reenlist that first time, beyond that your networking is what gets you what you want.
tl;dr no

Attached: Based Westboro.jpg (1024x768, 213K)

you're good to go, legitimately don't worry about it. that's not what they're there to investigate and they honestly dont care as long as you can do the job

Your score is probably too low to be waiverable right now, and they might not be offering any waivers at all. I've never met anybody in the military with a score that low, so I don't think it can be done.

The good news is that you can improve that a lot really easily. If it's mathematical knowledge and arithmetic reasoning, that just means you suck at math and need to do math problems. Go get an ASVAB study guide or look one up online. Sit down with it and do 20 math problems a night (and look over the other shit too, read everything, do all of it) and you'll be there in no time. It isn't hard, and that score you're referencing is a percentile score. It means that you're in the bottom 24% of people who took the ASVAB.

If you want, you could call your recruiter and tell them that you're serious about improving this and ask if they have any advice for study material. They may or may not be very helpful, but this shit isn't hard at all and isn't going to be a big hurdle unless you let it be one by not trying to overcome it.

Get a study guide and practice long division, working with fractions, etc.
Everyone in the military has autism so he'll be fine. But yeah, don't waste your time and your good will with superiors.

Your run is slower than mine but you could do more push-ups than I could when I shipped.

what kinds of math do i have to study for besides long division and fraction? my average grade in terms of math back in highschool is a -D,D and F im literally that dumb

get an asvab for dummies book and it will tell you the math you need straight up
practice it, do it how it tells you to do it.
find someone you know irl to teach you tricks if you want for stuff like long division and algebra

this is do-able you just have to put in some effort.

Mate this comes from a place of love but im really skeptical you're mature enough to join the military i think you should explore other options, take a year or two to study and focus on learning and experiencing new things, then maybe reconsider this

I wouldn't worry about long division, I never learned how to do it and I got a 98th percentile on the ASVAB, line scores mostly 137-139 with a not-math-related one dipping down to 134. I don't even remember if long division is on the test or not, but if it is it isn't crucial.

Focus on the fractions and just on adding, subtracting, multiplying, and dividing. Look up the "order of operations" and what that means and learn acronyms so you can remember it. Learn really basic algebra and geometry, like figure out

x + 5 = 18

tier shit and know how to find how many degrees there are in an angle by knowing other angles. Stuff like that.

You'll have to really buckle down and learn that shit, but there are tons and tons of resources on the internet for this kind of thing. Just look up basic math and get going, if it's too easy skip ahead, if it's too hard go back a little or find a different thing. What's good about this for you is right now you're tanking the test so there are a lot of really easy problems there that you aren't getting. Only a small improvement would be needed to make a big difference. You don't have to worry about the difficult shit, just get most of the easy shit and you'll be good. Remember that Benjamin Franklin taught himself English and how to read and now he's on the 100 dollar bill. You can do this shit.

uuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuh, so I was wondering about the buddy programs and which branch would we be better off joining, Army or Coast Guard?

i can say with absolute certainty that i can pass the mathematical knowledge but would i still get a passing score for the asvab if i scored low on the arithmetic reasoning? for example i get good scores on word knowledge, paragraph comprehension and math knowledge but i did bad on the arithmetic reasoning, would i still get a passing afqt?

No. I'm not familiar with how exactly they formulate your AFQT, but it's an aggregate of all of them in some form. It might be possible if you did very, very well on all other portions, but even then it might be calculated in a way that would still put you on the bottom.

You just have to practice. They aren't going to take you if you don't.

I'm a 31D who came in through Direct Accessions.

Wouldn't do it again

if you have never deployed to an active warzone, you have never deployed.

Attached: 1000 yard star.png (268x233, 55K)

Trying to enlist USAF, but used to have an adderall prescription for minor ADD (only stopped a few months ago). Could not mentioning it fuck me up later? A recruiter (for another branch) asked me if I had anything like that and I said no, but it feels shady as fuck straight lying when this is such an official uptight government organisation.

What should I do? Is it safe to omit that truth? Is it possibly even what the recruiters would WANT me to do?

Why not?

if you do not mention it they will not know, i would reckon most who have enlisted have lied about about something. it is ok to be scared to do so.

do what you feel comfortable with, but if you want to join lie about medical and not about legal

you will learn the government is not all powerful
that "uptight govt organization" is actually a massive clusterfuck.

Alright thanks, its just all the warnings of jailtime and $56 gorillion fines and shit are spooky. Guess thats mostly to deter people with much more serious conditions. I got anally cosmically annihilated due to a zero tolerance policy in high school, slightly paranoid after that

There is plenty of information out there

Any idea if MAVNI's making a comeback?

Any alternative to MAVNI?

Attached: 1550178122929.jpg (800x804, 100K)

>t.urk

go on youtube and search for asvab arithmetic/ math videos, and watch a lot of them & click the similar recommended videos that show up in new tabs. whatever math you don't understand you can just search on youtube again for lessons on how to solve it. Also get familiar with area, perimeter, volume, and circumference of shapes like squares, rectangles, triangles, cylinders, and cubes. Basic algebra and the foil method. Pythagorean theorem was also needed on the ASVAB which I just took.

If you mention it to the USAF and have to get a waiver, most recruiting commands will limit you to electrical and mechanical jobs. This is a new rule that a lot of them are implementing to fill undermanned AFSCs.
>If you were allowed to enlist with ANY waiver, your choices will be limited to those in the electrical and mechanical aptitude areas, or jobs from a list of in-demand AFSCs
So yeah don't mention that shit.

Is the 2-year enlistment program still a thing in any branch? I keep finding conflicting information online.

I would listen to the other guy man, completing the ASVAB with a barely passing score is going to limit your job options immensely. At the very least please take a few months to practice and prep. Maybe seek out some tutoring.
I'm a fucking idiot who constantly cut class in high school, dicked around when I actually went to class, and maintained a GPA that hovered around 2.7. I got held back in math for bombing my high school's entrance exam and failed like 3 classes through my career. I was able to get my shit together and pull a 92 ASVAB, and like I said I'm a total dumbass. If you take this next step in your life seriously, and apply yourself (I know that's some gay shit that your teachers say in high school but it's true) then you can maximize your potential and make the most of your time in the service.

What does getting into marine recon entail?

Attached: 69D610CC-20CE-485C-B31A-8E251CBD5BC5.png (800x600, 1.16M)

Am I dumb for wanting to do door kicking and the using gi bill to go to college despite having the opportunity to go to a good college if I take student loans

Attached: 78B0BF2A-00A1-4FE3-A42C-C61A01911E9A.jpg (750x1290, 738K)

I am trying to get an intel rate in the Navy, which requires a TS clearance. I've received counseling through my university for a couple months, but I was never diagnosed with anything serious. So when I told my recruiter, he just said that it wasn't a big deal and to not worry about disclosing it on the MEPS paperwork.
On the SF86 though for a TS clearance it asks to disclose any counseling I received. If i disclose it on my SF86 will I risk a fraudulent enlistment? Will OPM find out if I don't disclose it? How fucked am I? I haven't signed an enlistment contract yet.

>be me
>swore in like 2 weeks ago
>at store and clerk sees my CAC in my wallet
>"thank you for your service"
>"y-you too"
what do I say? how have other anons dealt with this? am I the only one that hates recognition?

>Injured my shoulder last week (Googling around, I think it's a labral tear but I don't know)
>Feels perfectly fine in an idle position but I cry out in pain depending on the angle I try to put it in
>First DEP call workout is on Friday
Will they let me skip the pullups or am I going to TASTE THE PAIN?

Just say thanks and smile. It’s easier to deal with the shitty things about the military if you genuinely buy in, even if it’s just while you’re working in it

In terms of pure practicality? Probably. But life isn't about being entirely practical. If you believe that you will be happier and gain experiences you desire then do what you will.

Is the officerpill really worth it? Is it really worth delaying joining for 4 years?

>"You are welcome, citizen"
see this thread I know it's about enlisting with a degree but there's a lot of insight about officer life

>32 asvab with an 89 GT
>wants to get into SOF
>with a 32 and 89GT
Bare minimum GT is 110 for Ranger and 115 for SF

Attached: download (1).jpg (225x225, 11K)

double the base pay
double the retirement pay
instant BAS
a little more respect
a little better post-service job outlook
far less in-service menial work

AF. We haven't exactly been engaged in regions with water access. Syria has changed that somewhat, however.

employers will ask nothing if you don't bring it up. All they will see is a general discharge. If it was other than honorable or dishonorable discharge is when the red flags get raised and they ask question.

Any branch you'd specifically recommend for officer? I heard army takes the most degree's and does the most scholarships.
Seems like a lot of cool officer branches in the army that I'd be interested in.

Attached: 1552959093698.png (512x384, 200K)

you got a cac for swearing in? am marine, didnt get cac until bootcamp
and why would you? you're only supposed to us it for military use and technically return it when you get out os they can destroy it. enough people swear in and then fuck off that this seems a bit wasteful

Get a better MOS with transferable job skills. Then use the GI Bill. Also, you can graduate then go back as an officer.

>deploy to a combat environment
>absolutely nothing happens
>some rando pops off a round in this distance
>call TIC
>come home
>get CAB/CIB
YOU DON'T KNOW WHAT IT WAS LIKE MAN, I WAS THERE.

Foreign attache is a cool gig. I can only speak for the army, where infantry and intel are most valued, supply next, and arty dead bottom.

Is that even possible? When I was in getting a CIB took a blow-by-blow description of a firefight and the personal role you played in it.

hahahahaha
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

>picture gets progressively worse the more you look at it

pepper your angus

Attached: 1546652090823.png (1008x672, 753K)

What about stuff like Cyber, Corps of Engineers, Cyber, PSYOPS, and Space Operations? Are those somewhere in the middle or are they just super hard to get as an officer? Seems like a majority of the officer jobs are based as fuck.

Forgot to switch that last cyber out for Air Defense Artillery, I heard that branch gets a lot of foreign stations.

theres almost always a waiting line for cyber jobs as enlisted, so I can only imagine its harder for officers. If one were to get in however, you're pretty much set. While .mil is starving for those types of guys, civilian sector lets you rake in lodesofemone even with low level degrees.

ADA deploys too much, if that can be said to be a thing. They're deployments sitting in a field, not doing raids. But you will go overseas a lot, and they're more relevant than they used to be.

Psyops is the big gay. They're useless hangers-on for SF.

Cyber is a clusterfuck because big army can't into how computer talent works.

I don't know anything about space - the AF is probably a better choice there.

What a CIB requires is that your brigade commander signs a certain piece of paper. What happens before that piece of paper reaches his desk is subject to all sorts of variables, of which "what REALLY happened" is but one.