Knife for infantryman?

Just a regular ol' grunt here looking for a knife to keep on my plate carrier. I'm not very fond of folding knives, even though I own a lot of them. I'm looking for a fixed blade. I could just call it a day and use one of my Ka-bars, but I like to look at options. I took at look at the OKC Mk3 Mod 0 and it has an almost perfect form factor in my eyes, but the blade profile and body is too thick. I also don't like stainless steel. Any suggestions? Bonus points if it's coyote brown. I'll also take flashlight suggestions.

Attached: Marine eating MRE picnic.jpg (634x845, 235K)

Benchmade are cucks, but they make a good blade. Have had one of the nimravus fixed blades for awhile, been solid through four years of decently heavy use

Attached: 8288C2D8-5264-4939-AC2E-438B5DF84C61.jpg (2048x1536, 502K)

Damn, I dig it. $200 is a bit pricey, but it has everything I'm looking for. A hard plastic sheath would have been icing on the cake. But that would definitely be more convenient than having a Ka-bar or OKC3S strapped to my chest.

Kind of old school, but I have a Camillus survival knife from the 60s that's served me well doing general shit with.

Optimum setup is a decent leatherman, 2 energizer headlamps (cheapest that has a red light) and 2 Casio F91w watches.

When the time comes you want to upgrade to a nicer setup odds are you can just pick up all the other idiots misplace.

Write the knife off on your taxes.

Why two headlamps? Why two watches?

Smart idea. I'll steal this when I get into the military.

Good call. I just filed my taxes late yesterday, but it's ridiculous how much shit I was able to claim. Something like $3,400 from the last 6 months alone.

I snagged a Leatherman Rev and a Gerber Multi Plier 600 in the field. Just lying in the wet sand.

You're going to lose shit and your shit is going to get stolen. Those items are like $10 per and they weigh almost nothing so it's better to have a spare. Take the extras and put them in a ziplock freezer bag and tuck them into your rucksack flap along with a bic lighter and a small makeup mirror.

I use a benchmade 860 i got for 120 bucks, they sent me a new clip when the old one broke. Has served me well for 3 years.

I'm not a big fan of Casio watches. A lot of us either had Casios or G-Shocks and when we went to the LAW and AT4 range, a bunch of the Casios broke. I guess they couldn't handle the shock from firing rockets.

>Advocate buying two cheap watches
>Yeah but they break on rare occasion

Attached: 1552637569395.png (199x224, 66K)

I just don't like buying cheap shit. I'd prefer to just buy a quality item, and have that be the end of it.

This, get a G-shock. Way more durable than anything else even if it costs four times as much.

In general, don't ever buy expensive shit. You're not an office worker queer who collects "gear" and jerks off over it, you have to actually use that shit, you can't afford $200 knives and bullshit like that when you can get the same thing but uglier for $15.

>knife on plate carrier

Let me guess. Zero deployments junior enlisted.

Go to war and you'll learn a good locking folder clipped in the pocket is better.

Value is always the name of the game.

I'm a scout with LAR. I can't reach into my pocket to grab my folder when I'm sardine canned in the back of an LAV.

They make a plastic one for it, seems kinda hard to find though

Attached: 0AE8BF47-1C21-4506-91F6-B7561366A3C2.jpg (711x800, 92K)

Do you not understand how a clip on a knife works?

Do you not understand that I don't like folding knives? I'm not clipping a folder to my molle.

esee izula 2, kabar becker eskabar, mora robust/eldris. also nice to have a leatherman imo.

I will cosign user saying cheap gshock is worth the upgrade from f91w (countdown timer for naps, buttons are harder to press accidentally) and add that mankerlight e03h is probably worth the upgrade from energizer.

there's a right price for things to be
> be cheap watch
> break from cheap

> be expensive watch
> i could have bought stock or candy or bullets
> not actually worth $275
you're looking for middle of the road, if you actually plan to use it

You can take a look at the KM2000 if you want, it's the field knife of the German army. Quality knife. But I think you should keep things simple and just take a standard ka bar and call it a day.

>"Just lying in the wet sand."
sure you did user
This is why we cant have nice things

Attached: USMC KA-BAR.jpg (1518x2030, 2.72M)

That dude is a fuckin liar anyway. My Casio survived 2 big ass IED blasts and then I traded it to some KBS dude as an American made watch. Probably got used in an IED later on down the road. Fucking circle of life.

If you don't already have a leatherman on your hip you are fucked up devil. You will use it 10x more often than you will a knife attached to your plate carrier

Get an OKC M7B

It goes on the end of your gun if need be and it's stabby

Cold Steel SRK. Great knife, can be found for $50ish

Attached: F4066F77-06BD-436C-80CF-663393A0965F.jpg (559x560, 64K)

Just buy a fucking ka-bar you retarded boot. They're $70 on Amazon and are easy as hell to maintain. They're also really sturdy.

With enough duct tape any knife can become a bayonet user

Also fucking yuhuuge for no reason..

Shut the fuck up, never served bitch

Attached: 0D24C364-CE16-4AE9-A2F1-E3BA2E5585D5.jpg (1024x576, 78K)

that's the appeal. boot stuff for boot peeps.

Its yuge because it's both a combat knife and a utility knife. It's long enough that you can stick it through a mans neck and rip it out the front.

Stop asking retarded questions boot. You killed a thread with a "I'm too retarded to use Google please coddle me anons" question.

Seriously, this knife. I know of tons of marines and soldiers who swear by this knife with their life.

What situation would you ever need to use a knife while sitting in an APC? Are you actually rarted?

Morakniv 511 basic. You won't have to worry about it.

this

I've had a ka-bar passed down from my dad, he used it heavily in Afghanistan and I've used it heavily in the woods, I've chopped down trees with it and sharpened sticks etc. Whether you get a ka-bar or not, just remember to get a full tang blade, those "survival knife" types with the hollow blade are shit and will break on you.

ESEE 4

Based

Just get the KM 2000 its a really good knife i had it during my time in the german army and it never dissapointed me there are alot of Review videos about it out there and its pretty good for the buck you pay.

Attached: [email protected] (2560x2560, 146K)

There is also a Pointed tip variant of it but that was never Standard issue for us so i cant give you any opinion on that.

Attached: 51f6e6RvAaL._SL1000_.jpg (1000x880, 34K)

Glock brand glock knife

The bayonet for your rifle. The new ones look like KBars.

Morakniv companion heavy duty, all the way. It's easy to maintain, takes a razor edge if you know what you're doing with a sharpening stone, and it's virtually indestructible. Also, it's 20 bucks.

Attached: 81lK11WRSKL._SX466_.jpg (466x466, 11K)