Does the USA have a reliable military ally?

One that will pull its weight and not just be there for show.

Attached: image.jpg (540x727, 49K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/c7YzrbeLbJE
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Realistically, no.

Israel

UK, France, Japan, South Korea, Australia

Israel is our greatest ally. Remember all the troops it sent to help us out in Korea, Vietnam, Grenada, Lebanon, Iraq, and Afghanistan?

Britain and France, at least presumably.

Constantly being dicks to each other isn't helping the situation though.

Polan stronk

One of our guys almost domed an Israeli colonel in Lebanon in '82.
>US Marine vs Israeli tank incident

Hasn't France been rather anti-American historically

Australia

>UK
>France
>Australia
The question included 'pull their weight'. At least the slants will do their level best.

See

heh

UK sent 45,000 troops to Iraq.

>Hasn't France been rather anti-American historically
I'm sorry, what?

Attached: 1476636220343.jpg (257x265, 16K)

France literally won your independance for you.

Fuck Br*tain, though. We need to remind the Frogs what freedom is.

France was our first ally and one of the reasons we’re even around

>enemy of my enemy, still isn't my friend

Bodies !=
>pull their own weight

The French goverment has hates the States since the Second World War. And their people heavily dislike Americans. What has made you think they have been a loyal ally?

UK and France could but I don't see Australia or Japan doing dick.

>america has no permanent friends or enemy, only interest

Even fucking Canada would stab us in the back the moment they smell blood

>The French goverment has hates the States since the Second World War. And their people heavily dislike Americans.
The same applies to everyone.

>What has made you think they have been a loyal ally?
They are the only reason you are not currently a British subject.

But your claim is they’re historically anti-American which is not the case

And we had to liberate them not once but twice.

They didn't just send bodies. They sent bodies who fought.

The UK lost more soldiers than all other allied nations combined.

Besides, when it comes to pulling weight in Iraq, this was an American led fight. It makes sense for America to pull more weight.

Don't argue with a sperg. He's just trolling.

Besides, the UK made a lot of mistakes in Iraq and Afghanistan. I mean so did the Americans, but we also fucked up a fair bit.

Up until the 60ies and communism ruining youths in France, the country has been more AMERICA FUCK YEAH than the Americans were themselves.
>what is population turnover for 50, Alex?
>what is poisoning the well for 100, Alex?
It's the same reason people nowadays mock the French as cheese-eating-surrender-monkeys, even though that sentiment was absolutely NOWHERE to be found following the second great war.
In any case, this still doesn't change the fact that the 'historically' part of that post up there was retarded.

Attached: 1477223217426.jpg (753x470, 55K)

>implying they haven't already
pic related

Also, you kinda misunderstood the quote

Attached: 3ONQYr1.jpg (480x270, 39K)

>The same applies to everyone
Not at all, the British and Commonwealth governments dry humps the American government. As does many Asian allies.

>They are the only reason you are not currently a British subject.
That was a long time ago and those bonds have been forgotten.
Go on, explain further how they haven't. Today we can see the French anti-Americansim through the EU.

>oui oui look at zeez stupid british pigs, zey are fighting each ozzer! okay we will support ze rebels and watch ze crown weep hehehe

Attached: gettyimages-157421404-2048x2048.jpg (1365x2048, 741K)

i dont think so
the US can handle wars on its own we just invite other countries over for various bullshit
it looks nice for PR to show that we are cooperating and that we aren't a bully with our military i guess (which we are cause why the fuck not with all this firepower if we spending might as well use it)

>WWI
That was Britain.

>WWII
>((((Liberate))))
Thanks goyim

United Kingdom and the rest of the Commonwealth. The Anglosphere fights as a single entity.

>In any case, this still doesn't change the fact that the 'historically' part of that post up there was retarded
Since the 50s can count as historically.

>Today
>historically

Attached: 1391653149901.gif (500x282, 1.79M)

You need to work on your reading comprehension

bongs
maybe the frogs
that's about it

Nigga. France has been America's BFF since it became a country.

Maybe, but historically doesn't count specifically to the last 70 years, and both the US and France have been countries for three-ish times as long. If you say historically, we'll assume you mean historically and not some fucking arbitrary number made up to fit your argument.

Attached: 1483783631544.png (303x311, 165K)

>i get all my news from facebook and reddit

Honestly, I'd go with the ROK. They've been pretty consistently bro-tier since the country's formation. They did a lot of heavy lifting during Vietnam. Iraq too. Kept military spending high as a percentage of GDP. Buy a lot of weapons from us. They're pretty based. Too bad their presidents have a tendency of going to prison for corruption or jumping off cliffs.

Attached: 1539121859508.jpg (1280x720, 76K)

During their revolution we refused to help and they bitched at that and in the invasion of Iraq they told us not to do it because nothing was there and we got butthurt about it so the answer is no

Attached: 641C3AEB-9E99-4971-A778-3A91FFC7BB24.jpg (530x827, 51K)

But it hasn't since the Second World War, it has been at odds with America as the US led the charge of decolonisation. It continued and warped with the times with the empowerment of the EU.
Ok.
Their dislike of America was there a long time before Iraq.

Jordan perhaps

Countries flock to America for economic gains. Once those ran out then there is no point in licking American boots. That is why countries with pride navigate towards China instead because China will help you with honor and dignity as befitting a human being.

america is still currently the greatest country on earth thats why people come here
the people moving to china now are just betting they will overtake america so they are just planting their roots early to reap the rewards later if it occurs

>chinks believing in honor or human dignity

Attached: C1BD4ABD-B081-4C13-AF72-1D2B208AF1B7.jpg (257x196, 11K)

Everyone understands most americans are alright, even the french. They just hate retarded jingoist pieces of shit like you, user, it's not complicated. You interpret it being against all your fellow americans, but it's really just about you.

>Hasn't France been rather anti-American historically
they are just butthurt we had to save them twice in one century

Attached: french believe this.png (1431x1095, 67K)

That's a funny way of spelling Russia

And offer up your children and loved ones as a most honorable and dignified sacrifice to the hungry escalator gods

Source?

The French dropped the Americans the moment the American Revolution was over, they wanted nothing to do with us and even kidnapped our sailors with their war with the British. The only reason they helped us at all was to get a chance to strike at the British.

Unironically Canada. But only during REAL NIGGA hours.

>lmaodudeweedfaggots

JTF2.

Wtf is that picture ?

Attached: unnamed.jpg (900x900, 60K)

It was the British impressing US sailors, it’s one of the reasons for the war of 1812

Absoloutely not. Most Americans wouldn't even fight for America at this point retard.

Attached: 1547576210433m.jpg (518x1024, 91K)

AHAHAHAHAAHAHA

Yeah other than some tech exchange they're pretty much useless.

>posting that biased picture while you can google search modern, multicultural schools still doing the pledge.

Attached: texas pupils.jpg (565x330, 149K)

maga centipedes n shit mirite?

UK and Canada

I grew up in diverse schools, I've lived in diverse towns. Its hell. Everybody hates eachother.

youtu.be/c7YzrbeLbJE

Liberia has the same constitution as America but they fucking eat eachother because they are genetically retarded and hyper aggressive

Shut up fag

Nigger / sheltered white person detected

Attached: 1528596310998.jpg (744x716, 66K)

That depends on what you're asking.

If you want examples of those who will follow when America asks and can come with mass - probably only the UK.

As they're the only ones besides France who can deploy divisional (10k+ forces) sized forces outside their region.

At the peak of it, the UK provided 40k troops for Iraq and Afgan combined. If that's not a mark of "the" reliable ally then I don't know what is.

God damn those uniforms are so asthetic.
Why can't we go back bros?

>ally
US has no allies.

Attached: 1550907815748.jpg (850x400, 41K)

No. I've seen it all, deployed, statistics, local news from foreign countries, world news from local countries, etc. At first I would deploy for fun and it just started to feel like i was playing op4 for some 3letter agency. All American. The US is the only one maintaining relative peace in the west. If we decide to stop doing that Europe as we know it is toast. Seriously gone in a decade. You see Brits, ausies, canadians, etc. But they dont even love the wire for the most part and worse, they dont have men willing to step up.

That's a one way friendship bud

Attached: 1514975069662.jpg (731x709, 97K)

Okay like 1800 years ago maybe but we are talking about 1. Current ally 2. Can pull weight.

What will happen to the rest of the west?

South Korea is about as loyal as it gets, even when we propped up guys that suppressed their freedoms about as much as the Kim Family did in the North. Even when USFK did some less-than-admirable acts like raping or running over school girls or disposing of loads of formaldehyde (Agent Yellow) by just dumping into the drain, incidents that caused huge uproars. But now? Just minor factors in how Sorks view the U.S. military being on their soil. Hell, the Korean Augmentation program for the U.S. Army is still a thing.

Top Allies. Weird country, but loyal to the bitter fuckin' end.

>pic related, rok's 9th division setting up shop in vietnam
>rok forces were the second largest foreign military to fight during 'nam

Attached: White Horse Division.jpg (1800x1215, 3.3M)

unironically this. not today, not tomorrow, but within the lifetime of many posters here poland will be a fucking monster. 40 million citizens, 98% polish, ready for a chance to prove they're not just victims anymore. the only issue will be a geo-political axis predicted to form in the latter half of the century between poland and turkey based upon carving up the remains of russia.

Germany will eventually pull France out of the US orbit. Although they fought a horrific war, Germany and Russia need each other (natural resources for tech transfer) and can avoid sea-lanes, thus avoiding US veto power over trade. a superstate EU, driven by the German-French engine, would be drawn very close to Moscow.
This will be unacceptable to the UK as they rely on a traditional balance-of-power strategy. UK will draw even closer to the US as playing the junior partner to the Continent has never been an option.
Australia will remain an ally until China holds The Philippines. After that, I can't really blame the Aussies if they can't play with us anymore as we'll no longer be able to protect sea lanes without a war.
Japan will be our ally until if-and-when China implodes. Then Japan will sneak attack us again, probably a space-based Pearl Harbor scenario. I wish I was kidding. We know it, they know it, we know that they know, etc. They're gonna have to make a move into Manchuria again if they want to retain their industrial base into next century.

WWI had no US involvement? Really? It was England verses the world?

How can you brush US liberation of France off in WWII? I mean logically? I'd love to hear.

t. gook

>>Their dislike of America was there a long time before Iraq.
Show me some proof

Certainty the UK and France, those two can at least force project, albeit only in small numbers. A couple other European countries could probably help too, depending on where the theater was, but not far flung deployments. This latter category is where I'd put the SK's, Japanese and Aussies, they can help but only in limited theaters, primarily right near their own boarders. In particular SK and Japan are just nice tactical pieces of clay to let us operate from.

Australia is objectively the United State's most reliable ally.

>spend more than minimum amount
>have participated in every war with the United States
>send a proportionate amount of soldiers to all wars their involved in
>well qualified soldiers
>participate in cross training with all us military branches
>trade officers for training and instructing

With that said, happy anzac day aussies, it's coming up tomorrow.

I mean, not just your Spookybois. Canucks as a whole come across as VERY well trained and capable. From what I can asked though your procurement and military spending is, frankly, fucking embarrassing.

I actually think Poland and maybe Georgia would be with us. But they lack any realistic capability to fight China, who is are most likely adversary.
We can't even expect our Asian allies to fight with us. If China attacks Japan, Taiwan and Korea will sit it out and visa versa.
I'd like to think England would, but their political situation is even more upside down than ours.

>this is what 99% of the Ameribugs actually believe

>One that will pull its weight and not just be there for show.
The USA is the most unreliable military ally on the planet, why would anybody ever trust us?

Over the course of 13 years. And while there they proceeded to sit around US made FOBs eating US food and burning US gas and NOT going outside the wire.

When I was on FOB Marez we had an entire battalion of Brit mech infantry. They were there 8 months. They did ONE mission, flubbed it badly enough to require rescue by 2 different American QRFs, and ended up shooting 3 Americans as a result.

What did he mean by this?

>even though that sentiment was absolutely NOWHERE to be found following the second great war
Both my grandpas were part of the French liberation in WW2. He said that while they were literally driving the Germans out of the french towns the French were telling them to fuck off and that they'd rather be German than French. My paternal grandpa even caught a .32 in the back from a French housewife he literally pulled a German soldier off mid-"""rape""".

And they proceeded to lecture US troops on COIN, then totally fuck their own token-participation shit up so hard, they had to be rescued by crayon eaters.

Depends on who the conflict is with and where.

Canada, Australia, Japan, Korea.
The Baltic countries are pretty based.
Couple buddies from stan spent some time with them and said they were hardcore.

Unironically Australia. Only other country aside from South Korea to go to Vietnam with us and the Koreans only went because the US paid them

I would lay my life down for those shitposters, they're real bros

Not him but nah.
>France helps the US gain independence in 1776
>by 1800 France now hates the US because the US is geopolitically and geofinancially successful
>War of 1812, stabs the US in the back while they're fighting the British in Canada by trying to subvert and colonize the gulf coast (also fighting the spanish)
>Spanish-American War breaks out, France had every reason to side with the US as the Spanish were a direct geopolitical and geofinancial rival and the US isn't, but end up selling the Spanish arms and equipment
>WW1 breaks out, "America you're our greatest ally PLEASE HELP US WE'RE LOSING HORRIBLY"
>WW1 ends, "fuck you America we sooo had that"
>WW2 breaks out, "America you're our greatest ally PLEASE HELP US PARIS HAS FALLEN"
>WW2 ends "fuck you America we soooo had that, for real this time"
>late 1950's France is all "So...gommunism seems pretty great even though we can clearly see how totally fucked the USSR is, fuck you NATO and doubly fuck you US, we do our own thing"
>French-Indochina War: "America help us you're our greatest ally!"
>US sends advisors to Vietnam
>France: "hahahahaha suckerrrrrrrrrrs, deuces, your problem now. Also fuck you"
>Vietnam War ends, France: "Fuck you America, we soooooooo had that, for really real this time, we promise"
etc etc etc etc etc

Because if we do happen to help, you'll have the most powerful military in the world on your side and that would help, a lot

Short answer yes with an "if," long answer no with a "but."

Attached: 1519697501712.jpg (577x537, 65K)

The advantage the UK has is it's integration into the US defense logistical apparatus through BAe, and NATO as a whole through BAe and Thales.

Realistically though the UK is pretty much JUST BAe and Thales.

UK's problems:
1: Domestic small arms production is near non existent. Domestic Small arms munitions production is limited Radway green (BAE Systems Global Combat Systems) does not manufacture HMG ammuniton, 40mm LV or HV grenades, or autocannon ammunition in the UK

2: Back burner/stopped domestic tank production

3: A drastically cut back navy, with domestic naval yards (BAe mostly) that can NEVER seem to get export contracts
-One carrier with a slew of issues

4: Small force and incredibly small numbers of the population fit for service. America is fat fat fat, but the UK isn't that far behind and America has a surplus population.
The UK's current Armed force land strength - (total - RAF, RA, RMC, RN) is ~4 divisions.

In any conflict where the UK had to balloon/rapidly expand it's fighting strength it would have an IMMEDIATE and severe problem with acquiring small arms and small arms munitions.
They have a good amount of Surplus in storage vehicles that were overproduced during the cold war to help, but small and man portable arms manufacture is a major issue.

There is no way in hell the domestic industry would be able to restart L85 production, and they would not be able to churn out MG's either as all of that has ceased domestic manufacture, and to make matters worse the UK sold off alot of cold war small/man portable/crew served armarments.

I can't imagine one person in this country thinking that Israel would do anything to help us in an actual war (unless maybe it was against someone they also want gone right next door). Let us stage from there maybe sure, but they don't have troops to commit and why would they?

Attached: 0eYFv9U.png (696x665, 742K)

my fucking sides

Would Japan actually be on our side? I know the "Japanese people love america" meme, but I thought it was actually just a meme.