80% Lower Questions

I've been slowly assembling the parts to my AR over the past couple years, and now that I have the license to own a gun, i'm ready to mill out my lower and assemble it. I have access to a drill press, a router, and various other hand drills, files, punches, etc. My question is about actually milling the lower, are there any cheap/easy alternatives to using a router? I was thinking of purchasing a tabletop mill. I figured that if i'm going to spend ~$180 on a metal jig, I might as well go ahead and spend an extra $100 and get a mill, then get a cheap plastic jig. Anyone here have any success milling one of these out? Mine is 7075 pic related. Would it be possible to rent a tabletop mill? Or even go to a shop and use theirs? Do the tools need to be owned by me? Or does the work just need to be done by me? I heard that build parties were illegal.

Attached: 80boy.jpg (1280x800, 46K)

Other urls found in this thread:

righttobear.com/searchresults.asp?Search=Jig&Submit=
palmettostatearmory.com/psa-16-midlength-5-56-nato-1-7-stainless-steel-moe-freedom-upper-with-bcg-ch.html
shop.gatguns.com/lower-receivers/lower-receivers/aero-precision-lower-ar-15-ar-platform-multi-caliber-black-hardcoat-anodized
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

>and now that I have the license to own a gun

You need a license to own a gun? Wat?

Not everyone lives in a country with actual freedom, user.

Stop being a cuck and accept that you run this shit until someone caps you. YOU RUN THIS SHIT. YOU RUN IT. This shit? YOU RUN IT. You run this shit and shoot it up. Do you not understand that? You probably live in a country with niggers, and you should protest that.

OP here ,I live in communist Illinois, Chicago, unfortunately, my town is inhabited with several types of niggers, sand niggers, taco niggers, nigger niggers. Why do you think I want my AR

Take your meds.

Op talks about atf banning building parties. I'm pretty sure he's an american.

Yeah. This guy. Mill it, Fill it, Kill it! Get youself a hand file if you cant take the speed. Make love to the metal. Channel your Travis Bickell, be obsessive about it. Give it a girls name.

Trust me, get the 5D Tactical jig and use the router.
It will produce the best results by far short of CNC.

Attached: IMG_0600.jpg (3024x4032, 1.68M)

Would Dikta ask for permission?! No, he'd look past the guy who carried the team for years when it sucked so a big fat nig could punch it in from two yards out in the superbowl.

OP here, it's not me worried about the legalities of using a shops CNC, it's the shop saying "No you cant use our fucking machine to make a gun get the fuck out of here"

Name her Charlotte, user

I suppose if I encased the entire lower in a block of solder, then milled out the fire control group at a CNC shop, then went home and heated up the solder, the aluminum would stay in-tact while the solder just melts away

They will kill you with their smuggled Dracos, EXTARs, and PLR-16s before biting a white woman's clitoris off and swallowing it. They don't give a fuck about the laws, why should you?

Anyways, my advice is to just use a router. Routers are designed for milling, and the price gap between milling machines (especially CNC) and routers, is pretty high. Check out the EasyJig or 5D Jig, they make it easy enough.

Im white, i'd rather Kharissa

I already own a router, so I suppose the jig would be the best route then, any anons in ShitCago Mc Niggerville wanna sell me theirs?

righttobear.com/searchresults.asp?Search=Jig&Submit=

Click the link. You will find 80% jigs for sale

My next project btw

Attached: atf.png (499x504, 195K)

I live in an apartment, how loud is the milling method? If I go polymer for the first few practice lowers, is that quieter?

Oil is your friend.

palmettostatearmory.com/psa-16-midlength-5-56-nato-1-7-stainless-steel-moe-freedom-upper-with-bcg-ch.html

I'm also going with a prebuilt MOE upper, still not sure about the rear sight, I picked up a piece of shit bolt action 22, it's a beat up Marlin 81 that some nigger took the rear sight off, and put a fucking laser on it, i'll post proof Saturday when I pick it up after the 72 hour wait despite my background check coming up clear after 15 seconds

Note the warning on the MOE upper, "This product can expose you to the chemical lead"

K E K

Using a drill press/router would be just as loud as a proper mini mill, if you're worried about noise nigger rig a soundproofing setup and hang blankets around your work space, play some music, that way instead of your neighbors thinking you've started a metalwork shop in your unit, they just think you're an asshole

Attached: leadKek.png (648x82, 9K)

when you said licence I knew you were talking chicago. Me too. Also same spot, trying to build an 80p lower bc all the gun shops overcharge by crazy amounts and have crazy transfer fees. post on ILguns, there needs to be a tool swap for us. like jigs, mills, etc.

thanks

Why not just use some PCL? Far easier to get on and off, but you will have to do some math to specify feeds and speeds such that it doesn't get melted off during milling

shop.gatguns.com/lower-receivers/lower-receivers/aero-precision-lower-ar-15-ar-platform-multi-caliber-black-hardcoat-anodized

This is out in Dundee, it's a bit of a drive for me, you got discord?

>Trust me, get the 5D Tactical jig
Can confirm, the 5D is master race

I was looking at those. Do I need a drill press with that jig? They offer extra stabilizing plates and I hope to get by with a hand drill.

nope, a hand drill will do just fine. Built 11 so far with mine (I'm not the guy you were replying to btw, just another happy 5d owner)

Op here, theyre just so expensive, I only really see myself building 1, I might buy 2 more receivers and mill them out just to future proof, I suppose I could sell the jig afterwards to another Chi/k/agoin

Anyone got the 3D printer schematics for this? Asking for a friend.

The work on a 80% lower without a registration number has to be done by you personally. At no time is another to do any work on it transforming it into a lower. Using their tools has been questionable but accepted in the past so it should be okay. They can verbally guide and instruct you on the process though but the rest is hands off. Good job getting your FOID. I heavily suggest expanding to the IL CCW license along with the Utah and Florida license later as well to cover all bases.

Ive got my foid, it was actually pretty easy, applied, sent in a picture , got my father to sign the affadavit since i'm 19, since when the fuck do you need parent permission after the age of 18, especially to exhibit you're constitutional right. and after 30 days I was approved, 2 days later I got my card in the mail, 7 days later I paid for my first gun, a Marlin 81 bolt action .22 , I pick it up Friday. I have to wait till im 21 to get a ccw, or even a pistol, again, since when do I need to be 21 to exhibit my constitutional right, but on a smaller and arguably less lethal platform, just because I can fucking conceal it?

Welcome to Illinois. Where people are fucked by 1 city and county Basically Cook County that has Chicago in it. They are bribed filled land where the dead even vote. This has been confirmed many times over.
They view guns as bad but dont see that 95+% of gun violence is done by those with darker skin. Whites, Hispanics, Indians and Asians if put only in the gun crime would be well below national average. Yet they still blame white people and police. Then they use their low IQ and informed population to force such laws on to you. A 18+ year old. Too young to drink, carry guns, etc. But somehow old enough to vote in shame elections, get drafted and forced to become an adult.

If you use a drop-in trigger group, all you have to do is drill straight through and add the the pin holes.