Bought pic related and the dot seems more like a blob...

Bought pic related and the dot seems more like a blob, tried focusing on whats downrage but i see whats like an upside down V almost, if i drop the intesity i notice it less. Read in various places that its because of astigmatism but ive used aimpoints and not noticed this. What say you Jow Forums? Did i get fucked or are my eyes just shit?

Attached: E69868D2-A9FD-41C0-9699-85148D51F9FB.jpg (400x285, 18K)

>What say you Jow Forums?
>E69868D2-A9FD-41C0-9699-8(...).jpg
>Shill pic id
>Doesn't post pic of own optic
>Obviously meant to divide
>now we wait for the handlers
This is what I say.

bait

Better for you retard?

Attached: CE4A0A83-A663-4709-8037-783BA3CE601A.jpg (4032x3024, 2.23M)

Turn it on.
Take a photo of the reticle.
Post the photo.

Attached: 76CB7397-EE58-403B-A872-C275607E7100.jpg (4032x3024, 1.71M)

Mine has a nice crispy round dot but I have no idea if the problem you're having is with your optic or eyes.

its ur eyes. it doesnt matter anyway since they're not designed for precise shooting, they're for getting shots on a man sized target

You've got astigmatism m8

Try looking through your rear sight, does the dot change?

you have astigmatism. your eyes cant process light perfectly. The answer is to return this and to get a prism sight or just get a 1-6 scope.

Sorry bud, dots just arent in the cards for you.

Astigmatism.
/thread

I just find it od ive never noticed it with having used aimpoints before

StrikeFire 2 has a pretty big reticle. Like 4 MOA or some shit. Might be why it’s more noticeable

bought a romeo5 and found out i have an astigmatism. mine is a 'smear'. ironically my shit eye sees it better than my 'good' eye which is just red blob and all over the place.

I find it odd how many people have astigmatism. I do too, what is going on with our eyes

way less genetic pressure for good eyes?

Maybe but I dont think such things take hold this quickly.

I may have this problem too, does anybody that sees red dots fine see a starburst when looking at street lamps at night?

More likely humans don't exactly need to see reflected LED lights very clearly at any point naturally. So astigmatism generally doesn't cause issues.

Thats astigmatism. I always saw stars on streetlamps as a kid.

> be me
> blindfag
> join amry because faggot
> go to ophthalmologist during AIT
> doc starts blabbing about eyes and light
> i got nowhere to be, senpai, get me out of training
> stay for like an extra hour or something
he said that during the development of the eye, it's critical to experience natural light exposure.
> be eye
> daylight causes eye to swell slightly
> night allows relaxation
> varying tension allows accurate development
anyhow, that's all i know about it. he could be nuts, but he seemed based

I was outside alot when younger but I wore sunglasses all the time. they probably fucked me.

Sunglasses are unnatural shit and made me have pussy eyes. Makes sense now

If you are getting serious about shooting then you need to get your eyes checked. I am astigmatic in both eyes. Moderate in my dominant eye, mild in the other eye. Vision is otherwise decent. I usually only wear my glasses for shooting and driving at night. Otherwise I really don't notice.

I have astigmatism too and no matter what brand, I could never see anything other than a blurry red blob. But I can still shoot fairly well with it. I can still hit a 12" plate at 200 yards despite my eyes being retarded like that.

I have astigmatism in my left (non-dominate) eye, and I can't believe how much it fucks up my depth perception, night vision, and my ability to read without glasses. When I was a kid, I had eyes like a cat and could see stuff in the dark that nobody else could. As I got older, I started having trouble judging distances past 50-100 feet and I lost my night vision. I can pass DMV eye tests to drive without glasses, but I have trouble reading books unless I'm in bright sunlight or using dollar store magnifying glasses. Fortunately, I can still aim dead-on with iron sights with my dominate eye, but if that starts fucking up, I'm screwed. I probably should see a real optometrist instead of a Walmart hack, but I've been putting it off.

My night vision sucks as well

Well thats comforting to hear, im nee to shooting as a hobby

I thought you were gunna say "the answer to this is to steal somebody else's eyes"

Yeah, op, your eyes are fucked. Come join the rest of us. I have an EOTech on my rifle and I see the reticle just fine. Might wanna switch over to that.

I’m not noticing any other things you fags are. My depth perception is excellent and I can judge distances accurately out to ~800 yards. My night vision is pretty good, too. Dunno. I just hope I keep my otherwise perfect vision.

have you shot it yet? is it holding zero? I have a sparc2 and noticed the dot getting fuzzy then it would lose zero just from running the bolt back and forth, called Vortex and they sent me a new one within a week, all well now

kek

Attached: escalatedviolence.jpg (197x225, 16K)