This is such bullshit. I live in Washington and am surrounded by forest...

This is such bullshit. I live in Washington and am surrounded by forest, but every single road is blocked by a gate or has private property signs plastered everywhere. Should I just say fuck it and go innawoods and shoot targets anyways? Anyone else have this problem?

Attached: Private Property.png (1298x832, 2.77M)

Other urls found in this thread:

play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=onxmaps.hunt
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

>what is criminal trespassing

Most of the western US has a shit ton of open federal land. Look for a map of BLM holdings in your area, there's probably some near you.

Save up money and buy land. Even literally 1 acre with a berm and some steel targets. Failing that, go to public land and shoot.

>Anyone else have this problem?
No I do not.
You live in an Urban setting. Get used to it.

Attached: IMG_0968.jpg (3456x2304, 2.82M)

There’s animal rights nut jobs that may be responsible for false signs all over. Just keep that in mind, there’s someone around here that does it and it’s pretty effective at keeping people out because fear of trespassing with a firearm.

this is how people disappear.
"fuck it, i'm going on this stranger's land even though it's blocked and posted."

There's nothing there, no houses or anything, just open fields, idk who would ever be out there. Like pic related

Those are my woods. If you go in there, you aren't leaving until you get some dinner in you.

Heh. I know where that is. You gotta go farther into the woods than that to get to some open public land you can shoot at your heart's content.

I drove up that road back in the day before GPS, got to the top of this mountain and it opened up to a freaking landing strip. Total mindfuck.

I had the same problem in central Oregon. Lots of BLM land in the state but not a lot near the city I lived in. Now I live in Northern NV where we are surrounded by BLM land but the county keeps moving the shooting access further and further away.

Live in the country but the nearest neighbors are about a few hundred feet away and can definitely hear my gunshots, especially if i use anything larger than a .22

In most places you cant leagally shoot on 1 acre. That was a dumb suggestion.

Land of the free user.

No fields without fences.

Was just there today, I saw a shit ton of private property signs on the gravel road and turned around. Where did you enter?

It's perfectly legal in everywhere I know of as long as it's not within 500 feet of another person's house and it's not a subdivision

100 yards if definitely suburban user. You need to get further afield like said.

I thought that was true too, but when I found some open land around 1000 feet away from the nearest house they called the cops on me and I dipped

Depends on the city zoning. Even texas requires 10 acres if your land falls within city limits.

If it's a 1 acre parcel then you almost certainly have neighbors to close to shoot. Think, man. Think.

No where. When i say deeper in the woods I mean off i-90 or 410 deep in the woods. all the roads in the cascade foothills as far as i know is private land.

>private property
I think private property is bullshit too OP
That is why I’m going to your house, open the door and eat nachos in your bed.

I just say fuck it and go in your house.

>Anyone else have this problem?
NO

Attached: 1476045114156.jpg (3264x2448, 2.41M)

True.
That's dependent on the specifics of your particular plot of land. Sometimes there's a good mile where I live between plots of property. Of course that's rare, but it's possible.

Greenwater is literally right down the road and has tonnes of places to shoot.

NO

Attached: 1476045193197.jpg (3264x2448, 1.84M)

Sounds like bullshit it me
Either you live in the city,which prohibits shooting
Or
You live in unincorporated area, where you can shoot as long as you don’t endanger others.
There is no land restrictions

NOPE

Attached: DSCN8071.jpg (3264x2448, 1.6M)

No problems here

Attached: 9BF4D09F-D163-41F0-A543-295D1623E864.jpg (1936x2592, 1.13M)

NOT ME

Attached: DSCN9937.jpg (3264x2448, 1.67M)

Nope

Attached: 030E752A-B4F4-4C7C-BEED-8922E7592354.jpg (2592x1936, 1.83M)

No he's right. There are barriers to all the logging roads, it's utter horseshit. You can go past them and go shooting. They just deter you from being your motorized vehicle.

Where at?

I got 99 problems but finding a place to shoot ain’t one.

Attached: 4DF6BB59-1129-4D36-B4A8-EFB98DADCEFC.jpg (1512x2016, 629K)

OP sometimes the gates arent even locked. Just open them for yourself and see
>be me
>be deer hunting
>see a gate and no trespassing sign
>fuck it, let's see about this gate
>unlocked, I open it and my buddy drives right through
>an hour later, a truck comes driving through, which we avoid in the bronco
>leave and go to a place that actually had deer
Easy peasy. It was uninhabited logging company land. Also stay in Seattle you slicker piece of shit

It’s WA. All this land is logging company owned and used to be open. Now its gated due to dumping.

Ever have a grizzly problem?

Any specific spots?

Be careful. I drove through and open gate and got locked in.

Live like 10 minutes away from pic related. It's just that I don't want to drive an hour east to find a good spot

Alaska in the forest.

Attached: IMG_0668.jpg (4032x3024, 2.19M)

Bro there’s tons of public land in WA. Are you retarded?

Brown bear mostly but yes.

Attached: DSCF0675.jpg (1280x960, 468K)

Enjoy the mosquitoes, user

Not within an hours drive of me.

Getting groceries flown in might be one

Ever have to shoot one or come close, or do they leave you alone?

Howd you get out lol

Kind of the same issue in Oregon, but after a while you begin to understand what land is safe to be on and what isn't.
BLM maps also help

Used my AK to blast through the lock. Was a bitch because it was protected on all sides by a steel box so the only way to it was from the bottom. Had to point the AK up and under the lock box to reach the lock. 3 rounds later it opened right up.

>you will never have the money to purchase land and keep it open for public to use just as a service to your local community

Attached: bad news gabe.jpg (436x623, 123K)

They just leave me alone. It's always funny listening back to videos you take of them. It's always "Yo bear!! Hey I'm over here!!. *bear hisses and clacks teeth together* COME OVER HERE AND I WILL SHOOT YOU IN THE FACE FUCKTARD!!!" then when I get home I always think "I don't remember saying that"

Attached: bear1.webm (740x416, 2.9M)

Im moving here at the end of the year user
maybe well see each other in the LGS

ok. i just worry about you user, that's all.

Thanks bby :)

I'm trying to find videos of it here just in the woods. I don't carry any spray or anything.

Attached: woods.webm (1280x720, 2.86M)

it's a fucking samsquantch

Attached: rural_def.png (1600x740, 2.39M)

>samsquantch
I fucking wish.

Attached: IMG_3944.jpg (3264x2448, 3.31M)

New metro looks pretty good

Attached: EAT ALL THE EGGS.png (440x423, 82K)

Until you get sued by transplants who moved in sixty years after you opened it.
-t. Vermont

Attached: Rugeralaskan (2).webm (720x404, 357K)

I'm lucky enough to have 5 acres innawoods outside city limits. Set up for 200 yards max.

Where at? I used to fish around Sitka, haven't been to Anchorage in a decade.

Central Oregon here. I have 5+ shooting spots on NF land within 15 minutes of my home.

I feel pity for you and anons that have to indoor to shoot. Rain, snow, or shine I’m out there. Mountains as backdrops. Comfy.

play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=onxmaps.hunt

How are you somewhere that is that densely forested yet simultaneously more than an hour from the nearest state/national forest. There's plenty of pits and spots on ""private"" property where folks shoot anyhow. What the fuck county are you in pardner?

It's like that all over Appalachia. Then again WV is one of the highest forested states in the union.

Huh. Good to know. user's in Washington, shit isn't normally like that here at all.

Attached: muh coastline.jpg (1632x916, 327K)

I misread "what the fuck county are you in" as "where the fuck are you in the country"
I might be dyslexic or something.

Attached: what.gif (318x318, 3.11M)

Figure out who the landowner is and phone them to ask permission. Most of the time signs get put up because people were causing problems, the kind of people not courteous enough to call for permission.

Dyslexics are teople poo, pardner, don't sweat it.