What’s the most tight, corrosion/humidity resistant safe I can get for ~$700? I want one that will accept a gold rod

What’s the most tight, corrosion/humidity resistant safe I can get for ~$700? I want one that will accept a gold rod.

Attached: E90C4F7E-6782-4356-B679-38A3C4CE3867.jpg (847x750, 139K)

Other urls found in this thread:

secureitgunstorage.com/product-category/sporting/ultralight-gun-safe/
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

How many long-guns / handguns do you have?

Find one with bars that go into both sides of the safe and has a capacity for ~10 more guns than you want to put in it. Most safes accept rods, you can pinch the wire in the door or drill a hole. I got a stack on one for a steal at Academy that's been decent.

3 of each plus a bow that I’ll likely throw in.

I have a Stackon shitty ass cabinet that’s barely sealed and my guns are corroding.

Where are you keeping the safe? Garage?

Cause it's a cabinet. I've got rifles with exposed steel out the ass and I'm an hour from the Gulf. I have 1 long golden rod 32"? and no dessicants. I oil once a month with cheap-o Hoppes wipes and don't have a rust issue. I also leave my doors open in the summer too.

A room right next to a bathroom with 2 exterior walls

Do those rifle socks help prevent rust or is that more for protecting the rifle?

no, you will see them marketed to "prevent rust" but thats really just in comparison to putting your gun in an actual fucking tube sock
sure those silicone impregnated things will soak up less water than your hanes but it's not like it's magically repelling h2o through some force field

If your primary concern is preserving the gun's conditions, the best way to do it is with a dehumidifier.
I got the most expensive one that walmart sold and it keeps my entire garage bone-dry (and this is in Florida). It came with a tube that I run under the garage door and it auto-drains when it fills up.

Just put a canister of corn starch in your cabinet for now

Do these things run havoc on your electric bill or it's not too bad? I don't think I have the worst of conditions but I'm a bit OCD about preserving my weapons as I start to stockpile.

Seriously what the fucking fuck is problems with faggots like you? Fucking Op asked for a safe and faggots like you come along and ramble for forty fucking post about shit he probably doesn't give a shit about.

I don't know if it has a significant impact on the electric; but I wouldn't think so. The thing is basically a space heater with a fan that pumps water every once in a while. A high-quality dehumidifier is definitely the way to go. It's so dry that if you spend a long enough time in the garage to get used to the air, when you walk back inside the house it feels like you just stepped into a jungle (hyperbolic, but you get the gist).

buy yourself a kill-a-watt if you want to keep track of power usage accurately
I would think most a small dehumidifier probably uses as much power as a decent home theater system on standby

That's an outstandingly obscure metric.

well if you wanted to know how many watts whatever it is you are using, that would be on the fucking box

Don't get a gunsafe they cause corrosion in many cases. Get a gun locker.
secureitgunstorage.com/product-category/sporting/ultralight-gun-safe/
Loads of time cheap safes are filled with shit like carpet, or drywall to make them "fireproof" and those things are filled with ingredients that cause rust.

>I can get for ~$700
See what you can find used local, I got lucky last month and picked up a used Sentry 24 gun safe with a new golden rod for $250, I would have easily paid over $600 but the guy had to move it by weekend and was desperate. if you have a way to move a safe it's worth a shot

>secureitgunstorage.com/product-category/sporting/ultralight-gun-safe/

This is what I have used for over 2 years. Weighs 100 pounds, and you can take it apart. I've got 6 rifles and 11 pistols fitting in mine right now. Could fit more, but i wouldn't be able to easily get some out at that point, so I am probably going to buy a second safe next.

If someone is going to break into it, they are going to have to use the same tools as they use to break into one of those big thick monsters, but it will just take 5 minutes to break into instead of 7. Big whoop.

>I can get for ~$700?
plywood box, boi.

I hate how expensive this shit is

Maybe I'm talking with my country boi privledge where the there's no one close enough to take my shit but I don't see why you can't get away with just not using one. I literally lean my guns up in a pile in the corner.

privilege*
I could pass it off as a self deprecating joke but no, that was a genuine typo.