SS troops advancing on bicycles. 1944

>SS troops advancing on bicycles. 1944.

Attached: Bundesarchiv_Bild_183-S73823,_Arnheim,_Radfahrschwadron_im_Anmarsch.jpg (800x574, 82K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=oUKy_OwuXv8
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Weird looking Tour de France, but alright.

better than walking

heroes and generals flashbacks. shit game but *ring ring*

Very stealthy, those Germans! Silencing the bells..genious

I wish it was better, because *ring ring*

I don't even know how to ride a bike, lol

youtube.com/watch?v=oUKy_OwuXv8

I heard that the Sherman's 75mm gun struggled to penetrate these things. I also am aware of statistics showing that at least 5 shermans were destroyed for every encounter with a German bicycle.

Attached: Sherman Tank.jpg (978x833, 80K)

It's fun to sit by a panzerfaust box and lob shots across the map like artillery.

In Swdden we used bicycle infantry up until the early 90s. Naturally not as frontline troops, but for defending certain areas/ports/harbors where troops wasnt expected to move any long distsnce anyway.

literally mobile troops that dont require fuel (be it gas or food for horses)

The japanese used them to to great effect

it's quite a good way to move troops around, we still do bicycle marches here in finland in the army

Just imagine-
AUF DER HEIDE BLÜHT KLIENES BLÜMELINE
>>bike bell
>>bike bell
>>bike bell
UND DAS HEIẞT
>>bike bell
>>bike bell
>>bike bell
ERIKA

then you obviously can't join the military

Keked

>Amerilard is triggered by the thought of physical effort

Based. Keeping fit for the fatherland.

Attached: ff_2.jpg (1080x720, 161K)

You need extra food and water in order to compensate for the, at least slight, increase in physical activity.

>You need extra food and water in order to compensate for the, at least slight, increase in physical activity.
>Implying cycling is more strenuous than marching
You didn't think this through, did you.

Can't kike the bike

That looks like fun.

The japanese mostly pushed their bikes, onto which they had loaded a large quantity of food and supplies. They only rode them occasionally when they needed a rapid advance.
It only worked on decent roads as well, nowadays mountain bikes can go across nearly any terrain, but back then you needed a reasonable surface.
There's a reason the japs did away with them in Burma and used mules instead.

They were probably just tired of fixing punctured tires

The most environment-friendly army

Bicycle troops were great if you couldn't motorize your entire military. Infantry marching long distances was strenuous, and cycling is much less so. You still have issues with punctured tires and such, but you'll have just as many problems with foot marches.

Watch "9. April" it about a Danish bicycle battalion during the invasion in WW2. It's a pretty cool movie actually showing the military strength of bikes and motorbikes even though the Danish secretly wanted to be invaded.

Kek, I used to do that shit all the time and actually scored a few hits.

Kek

You should give it another try, last few months the game has gone through dramatic changes. New maps, new bullet play, game seriously took a 180.

Kek

Fuck Hellcats though.

>You still have issues with punctured tires
honestly, all you need to fix a puncture is a bucket of water, a patch and some glue
even replacing the inner tube as a whole takes less than 10 minutes
i still laugh when i hear of people bringing bikes to the shop to get a tire fixed

the real killer is (or was, rather) was the scarcity of rubber in the occupied territories
the further the war progressed, the more the Germans would confiscate bikes or tyres,
and people often resorted to wooden tyres or solid rubber-surrogates

Slozzle

>not FH2
Pleb.

Attached: 200408crete_10.jpg (1024x768, 223K)

fuck you and fuck me for having a bike bell next to me

I feel like these guys could have actually been pretty effective against tanks.

Attached: 1553855891585.jpg (815x598, 74K)