>compatible with your glock mags
>great aftermarket support
>lightweight
Why don't you own a sub-2000 yet?

Attached: th (2).jpg (474x411, 17K)

Other urls found in this thread:

keltecweapons.com/product/s2k-410-lr-grip/
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

I like reliable guns made of high-quality material that won’t fall apart after a year.

OK boomer

because Ruger

Attached: 1 (1).jpg (1500x398, 79K)

Exactly.
I'm holding off until someone designs a folding/collapsible stock set for one though

>doesn't fold and unfold in under a second
Why even bother unless you're just getting the takedown model so you can use a smaller carrying case?

boomers are the morons who waste their money on sub2k's

they're all take downs

>sub2k
>reliable

Attached: 1548807209357.jpg (689x720, 297K)

Someone post the video of the Sub2k breaking in half after shooting

They're reliable but not durable, it's a simple blowback tube gun, the original design was in a metal chassis, probably would have had a longer service life

>has an aneurysm over polymer guns

Someone needs to make a side folding wire stock for them. One of the major benefits of breaking from the AR pattern is that the action doesn't require a buffer tube. So a side folding stock becomes a simple drop in upgrade. Conveniently the Ruger would come in at right around 26" folded.

Attached: camp-9.jpg (640x480, 36K)

Was it a gen 2?

>be me
>want sub-2000
>want one that will take Sig 9mm mags
>these """supposedly"" exist
>can never find one
>Kel-Tec only makes like 2 guns a year

It's really fucking annoying. Every time I find one it's always for muh Glawk brand Glawk. And Kel-Tec only manages to cobble together a handful of guns every year so good luck buying anything you want from them. Seriously guys, learn how to assembly line.

>Why don't you own a sub-2000 yet?
AWB state

Buy a glock one and replace the grip with the multimag grip

keltecweapons.com/product/s2k-410-lr-grip/

It'll be an extra $75, but if you can't find a multimag one that'll be your best bet

I do. Mine's in butt ugly brown, and the grip absolutely sucks ballsack. You see the screws, at the very top of the grip, right under the ejection port? Near the beavertail I guess you could say? My hand has been rubbing the finish off of the screw, and it has irritated the hell out of my hand. Also, if you've ever field stripped this - it's a piece of shit plastic piece preventing the bolt carrier from lodging into your shoulder. This is something I wish was $200 more, and had more effort put into it.

Actually only $50 if you get it in black

The half inch thick steel pin that holds that plastic piece in place runs across the buffer tube, you're not getting the bolt in your shoulder even if the plastic does fail

Kel tec sub 2000 is a wonderful gun but i prefer a ruger takedown

I was gonna buy one, bought a lever action instead. More than happy with my purchase.

>Someone needs to make a side folding wire stock for them.
Some one did, but they were charging like 100 more than what the rifle cost.

Really pics? Was it for the latest generation pc, or Ruger’s older pc9 series?

I don't like the way it looks.

it looks fragile as fuck and seems uncomfortable

is it normal for the front sight post to move when you press it with your finger? I mean, it springs back but barely takes force to move, wtf

Because they make a superior version

Attached: SU-16CA.jpg (800x538, 64K)

reliability issues aside, i think its perfect for what its made for... a back up weapon that uses your pistol mags. it's a niche gun.

Speaking of light weight folding rifles, is the chiappa little badger the smallest and lightest in this category?

>Why don't you own a sub-2000 yet?
Because the haven't made one in 10mm yet.

I'd get one as a car gun, but I use a modified H&R Topper 12 gauge instead. No ranges around me have distances greater than 25 yards (fuck SFL in that regard) and I'd have to travel an hour or so to get to public land to shoot at distances I'd like to with a PCC. Plus, I don't own any guns that share the same mags, so...

we got kind of similar issue. the only indoor range is overly strict(no shotguns, no bullets going past a certain speed) and everything else quite a drive.

I only have the Topper in my car because I almost had a breakdown in Alligator Alley at 3am and I don't want anything out there fucking with me, plus 12 gauge flares are easy to extract.

But yeah, I'd get a Sub-2k after I get a M92S and after I 3D print my Glock 17.

>But yeah, I'd get a Sub-2k after I get a M92S and after I 3D print my Glock 17.

im going with s&m model because i plan on getting a m2.0

>They're reliable but not durable
>>They're not reliable

Attached: 39381492_526429114473998_1730600477139140608_n - Copy.jpg (750x916, 132K)

if you don't understand the distinction you're doomed to posting irrelevant green texts and image macros for eternity, a slamfire shotgun is going to be reliable but that doesn't mean it's durable past 5000 rounds. Ideally a firearm is both reliable, and durable, but they're not interchangeable nor is a durable firearm always reliable

you said the exact same shit in the previous post but with more words

They're pretty neat

Attached: 1537072116059.webm (960x540, 2.96M)

Is this Max?

Cz scorpion

Because if I want to shoot pistol calibers, I have pistols.

I've heard that this thing can fall apart after 5k rounds, but haven't found any source. Care to back this claim up if it's not bait?

>keltec
>reliable

You're killing me. They managed to fuck up a retard simple straight blowback tube gun. We've been making the fucking things since ww1 and they still fucked it up.

Care to elaborate on that?

I've seen parts breakages after 200~ rounds on them.

I don’t have any money OP

Never heard of that on a gen 2

Are there any other guns in this category besides the Ruger pcc and the sub2000? I'm in the market for a pcc

The gen2's do a bit better, yeah, but they still aren't "lifetime" guns. I had a Gen 1 that kept cracking receivers every 600-700 rounds (kept getting fixed or replaced under warranty), eventually they ran out and gave me a gen 2. It cracked at 2300 rounds, they couldn't repair it so sent me a new one, which I then sold. For $350 plus maybe $100 in shipping across the 8 times I shipped it in for warranty work I can't say I'm overly upset, but they are definitely not a gun you trust to handle high round counts.

I'm willing to bet Choate will put out a polymer folding stock, whether or not it's any good is another thing. I actually have a Choate stock for my 10/22 from the days of the AWB meaning it's got a fixed stock. I actually really like it, it's light and balances well and doesn't have the weak points at the hinge that their side folders seem to have.

>take extremely basic design that's been around for 105 years
>pair it with the most reliable mag design on the planet
>end up with gun that can't go 50 rounds without a failure to feed/failure to fire/failure to extract, and which self-destructs inside 1000 rounds (gen1) or 2000 rounds (gen2).

give suggestiosn.

A PCC AR.
>around the same price at the low end
>takedown pins make it a "takedown" model by default
Then you have things like the Just Right Carbine and a couple other "totally not an AR" PCCs that may or may not take down.

Right, that last part there. That sounds pretty made up. Mine has never had an oopsie though the round count is pretty low at under five hundred.

I'm
and nah, all the ones I've been through were pretty unreliable. I wouldn't trust it as a defensive gun, range toy only. Mine were Glock-mag pattern too, and even with factory Glock mags it would choke with some regularity. Using aftermarket mags, even "quality" aftermarket mags like ETS or Magpul that run 100% in my Glock, I couldn't get through 1 mag without a problem, and with OEM 33rd big sticks it wouldn't function at all because the mag weighed too much for their mag catch and all the rounds would nosedive and jam up.

I bought a Gen 1 in 1996.
I have put over 10,000 rounds threw it
I have never had a failure or a problem

Because I bought a PC9 instead

>produced: 2001-present
yeah nah ur an cunt

Jew York AWB bans pistol grips. Gunna get that type 07 FFL once I'm making enough money to pay ITAR yearly (gay ass export shit that should not apply to domestic production)

>reliable

Attached: elephant.png (650x650, 11K)

Because I already have pretty much the same gun.

Attached: 1555529197167.jpg (1008x756, 178K)

All the Ruger PC carbines are take-down. Takes no time at all to click on or take off the barrel. I guess it's not 'under a second' but it's still quick enough that it's basically splitting hairs.

Attached: 1476820153929.jpg (571x720, 165K)

>Would LOVE a backpacker stock for it
>tfw even if one came out, it probably won't work with the free floating handguard
>tfw even more doubtful that it'll work with an aftermarket one even if the backpacker stock worked with a free floating hand guard

Oh well. I just hope Ruger keeps supporting these things so there is a gigantic aftermarket for the PCCs. The gun is a ton of fun and I'd love to see a big customization scene.

Attached: vw5jq1N.gif (220x123, 491K)

Fired a full 1000 round box of 124 grain american eagle through it, another two 500 round cases of 115 grain leo surp, and a box or so of 147 grain. This puts me a a little over 2000 rounds. Its functioned literally flawlessly for me. Never had a feed issue with the off brand 33 rounders or with magpul g17 mags. The guns life span does go down hill if you detail strip it seeing as the polymer design wasn't really made to go back together. Its not a go to war gun but its pretty reliable. Great for innawoods stuff and significantly cheaper than an AR9.

Attached: WIN_20190318_03_05_02_Pro (2).jpg (1163x551, 103K)

>waste money on a hobby
not like you can take it to the grave chief

y 2 scope

>reliable
>Kel-Tec
pick one

Attached: 1554661807129.png (397x520, 435K)

Ask Trayvon what he thinks of Kel-Tec reliability

Attached: hqdefault.jpg (480x360, 33K)

His gun literally jammed after 1 shot

The Sub2K's literally just had a recall because the barrels were causing EXPLOSIONS.

The front one is a red dot, the back one is a flip-to-side magnifier. They both are kinda crappy, it was the cheapest shit I could find on amazon and figured I'd try it out for funsies. Turns out I actually really like the setup. I'll get some better optics on it at some point. I just have to find something halfway decent that doesn't cost more than the gun did. It's just a 9mm so I don't need the best glass for it. It's a tricky balance to find but for now it works well enough and is a blast to shoot.

You forgot
>manufactured by lel-kek
If a good manufacturer bought the license and made them correctly I would buy one.

Can confirm. Love mine.

Summer is early this year

Jesus, user.

or is it because you don't own any guns and this is how you convince yourself that it's okay

Did they contract out to Glock?

Wait, is that accidentally CA compliant

You know they're called sub-2000s because you get through less than 2000 rounds with them, right?

Attached: 1523218388274.png (233x255, 76K)

After a while of actually taking it down and putting together a bunch, the barrel (and sights) end up canted more and more.

Honestly it would maybe be okay in a shtf scenario but from my personal experience with them theyre uncomfortable, awkward, not all that accurate and not super reliable, theres definetly better guns out there for $400

>plastic construction manages to feels one notch cheesier than a literal super soaker

I believe they're much more durable than they feel, but I just can't get over the feel.

What happened to the gen 2? Reciever again?
Yeah, I can get past the plastic body but the trigger, trigger guard, and feed ramp being plastic irks me. I'm replacing them with the mcarbo kit in a couple paychecks

Because they are garbage. They'll spit gas in your face, very uncomfortable to shoot/shoulder. The stock sights are ass, but if you put a scope on it then you block your folding. It has no threaded barrel and is basically just a folding hi-point. They are really only worth about $250 IMO, but then again I've shot a lot of 9mm PCCs.

Attached: 20161114_192651.jpg (3264x1836, 1.98M)

>gen 1

Did you properly tighten down the barrel nut? If you don’t do that periodically the zero will wander as the barrel shifts position. I’ve been tightening mine like 1 or 2 clicks every 500 rounds or so, and it has so far kept its accuracy (with a receiver mounted scope).

no kidding? mine is in for warranty work for a bad barrel but I've put like 200 rounds through it and it suddenly became wildly inaccurate, probably the barrel working loose?

The fact that they’re introducing a bunch of new pc carbine models that they didn’t show at shot show suggests that they’re selling very well. Anecdotally every gun store in California I’ve been to has had several in stock, and they’re moving. Two years from now there will be a substantial aftermarket.

I’m hoping we start seeing some new barrel and stock options soon. The free float handguards aren’t that useful on a pcc.

Most likely, there’s a little blurb about it buried in the manual instructing you to tighten it when you first get the rifle. It’s an extra maintenance step specific to the Ruger, so many people don’t know that tightening it is necessary. So you’ll see inconsistent accuracy reports on the forums.

That being said, the takedown mechanism works impressively well when used correctly.

Yeah! Burn those grandkids inheritance! It's not like they are your next generation and could benefit from any help you might give them!

Attached: 1554238859121.jpg (600x596, 94K)

>pointing barrel at head while extending
oy

>kel-tec

>gun literally explodes

Physically impossible for it to fire while folded

The bolt on the one I own, jammed up in the buffer tube which required me to disassemble in order to get the bolt to go forward.

Still bad practice

Attached: 1556236848708.jpg (1134x756, 104K)

Have shot both, the gen 1 does not differ in many ways. In particular gassing me like Anne Frank

What? No.

Stop being a nigger, pressure bearing parts are not polymer. Fuck.