/arg/ AR General Tripfag Development Group

Poverty Clone Edition

Old

Attached: 20190425_010605.jpg (1160x653, 246K)

Other urls found in this thread:

monstrumtactical.com/blogs/guides/what-is-the-difference-between-an-ar-10-and-an-lr-308
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

No thanks

poast el em tee

Ill post bendy bill

Attached: Screenshot_2019-04-25-00-32-53-1.png (1080x1586, 1.28M)

Friends don't let friends use 6061 railz

Attached: Screenshot_2019-04-25-00-36-04-1.png (1440x1629, 1.33M)

Shut up tripfag

Delet this

Attached: JUST BEND MY SHIT UP.jpg (854x480, 80K)

nogunz fag here. what is the difference between ar10 and ar308?

Ar10 - armalite
308ar - dpms

so to clear things up, i cant slap a 6.5 creedmoor on a 308ar? i have to got with a 308 platform?

Both terms apply to AR rifles generally made in .308
6.5 creedmoor barrels can be put on either. You cannot do 6.5 creedmoor on an AR15 reciever

Should I sell my SpecterDR to fund a Razor 1-6x with a 1.93 geissele mount?

>with a 1.93 geissele mount
No

How do you like the leaf sight? I was thinking of just getting canted rails for my KAC sights to make space on my ris ii

trip on wgws

i understand the ar15 is a 223/556 caliber.
im still fumbling around, trying to make sure i dont buy a 1200$ upper that isnt compatible with the lower.

this is my reference material
monstrumtactical.com/blogs/guides/what-is-the-difference-between-an-ar-10-and-an-lr-308

Attached: 1273550872685.png (446x600, 379K)

Why a no go on the mount? Should I just get the regular mount instead?

Easy mode for 308 (or 6.5 creedmoor) ARs is to buy uppers and lowers as a set. If you really want a seperate upper and lower, buy them both from the same manufacturer.

Needlessly heavy for a bolt on mount. NF unimount is a better option if you want a bolt on. Plenty of great qd mounts out there

thank you.
but what if my lower was 80%?

>80%
>6.5 creedmoor
Ouch
You are more likely to have weird accuracy/reliability issues. Not for certain, but the 308ar/ar10 is not as plug and play as the ar15. Probably going to be a dpms pattern lower if its 80%

this is the info ive been looking for. got into hunting with my uncle a few years ago, he was the family gun guy. but he ended up dying recently so i dont know who to ask anymore. thank you for your help

post pics of elcan

Based Uncle QB

Gotcha, I'll keep that in mind
Older photo, but it's just the civilian gen 3 one

Attached: Block 1.5.jpg (545x644, 81K)

thots on Eokek VUDU?

Attached: 1552781021338.jpg (700x700, 127K)

I hope you dont plan to use illumination

old battery cover? how much are you asking?

If you mean the coin slot cover, then yes.
I'm selling it with the plastic pop open lens covers, kill-flash, and MKII QD mount for 1800.

good luck, you might have to lower it to 1600

hmm?

It is really dim

Well I already have two potential buyers, and I started at 1750 but one of them made a counter offer for 1800 so I'm not really complaining right now desu senpai

Attached: IMG_Huawei_HiAI_20190104_194017_processed.jpg (2165x831, 526K)

you are lucky, show us your new optic when you get it

Vely implessive cellphone technorogy

Hey guyz how do you circumvent the back blast on sbrs? Everytime I shoot my bendy bill it feels like Im being sprayed fried chicken grease straight to the face

Attached: 79F7230B-0FF8-4A6D-8FE4-11F56C33D953.jpg (1024x768, 166K)

what MD?

What's /arg/'s opinion on angled fore grips vs vertical fore grips, or perhaps fuck fore grips all together?

Attached: Big Think.jpg (1000x904, 119K)

What?

I like VFGs on shortbois, and hand stops on longbois. I've tried but never liked AFGs.

What Maryland?

Ur a little smart elec are ya

What muzzle device?

I like both. It depends on how comfortable you grip it with each foregrip. I grab my afg like a taco, the vfg like a wine glass

Attached: 1554679435324m.jpg (768x1024, 144K)

A2 flash hider

replace that and put a concussion blast device like a kak flash can

Is the SF warden good?

how long is your barrel? its decent but they do cost a premium and youll be stuck with a SF MD if your gun isnt 16 not p and welded

No

trip on fuggy

Post warden, nocanz

Trip on Wuggy

Attached: giphy.gif (320x240, 2.87M)

>I grab my afg like a taco, the vfg like a wine glass

I laughed at this a little too hard. I'm trying to visualize what you mean.

lmao, its funny because if you look how people grab their wine glass... theres like a dozen variations. I hope you know what I meant hehe

You better not be holding your wineglass by the bowl like some fucking peasant.

How did you even do this?

Im not a fan of the afg personally. I guess my body geometry just doesn't play well.

I like VFG and hand/finger stops

Attached: IMG_20190226_154303.jpg (4032x2571, 2.71M)

>Friends don't let friends use 6061 railz
So what's a good 7075 rail?

Really? That's odd. URGI?

>tactical meme sneakers
when's the last time you did an amphibious assault, faggot

Hodge Wedge lock is stout . It has some draw backs though.

Also plenty of 6061 rails that are fine

Attached: IMG_20190421_170938.jpg (3987x2064, 1.98M)

Literally never. Don't plan on it either

Attached: IMG_20190411_170202.jpg (4032x2075, 2.67M)

>Hodgememist is back

You the dude that doesn't understand there's a difference in FN standard barrels and Hodge barrels or someone else?

What's the story here?

Yup. I might have sprayed CLP and not completely wipe the bcg and the barrel. Would that be the issue? Also whats wrong with the warden?

got a romeo5. not too fond of it and i found out the my shitty eye ironically has a less severe astigmatism than my good eye. what are some alternatives?

Maybe for 5 rounds if you doused it. But after that you shouldn't have been getting shit back in your face very bad. Those are .070 ports iirc.

Does it have a Warden on it?

I didn't say anything was wrong with them

No warden yet. Just the A2 flash hider.

You could get a 1x prismatic scope or 1-4x/1-6x lpvo.

What does "force multiplier" mean?

Are you pretending to be retarded?

Fucking google it Chang

Why did my question cause you to become so emotional?

Because its a stupid question.

>85804 (You)
Keep that line out for emotion kid'o.

>It has some draw backs though.
Like what?

ill look into it. the dot itself is 'fine' when i focus on a target but i still dont like the sight itself. its too small and also its made in china.

Can't mount anything by the gas block and really fucking hard to get

Armalite AR10 is old as fuck and tiny compared to modern “AR10s”. Most commercial rifles are based on or partially compatible with the DPMS pattern rifles, including a later Armalite AR10 designed by someone other than Stoner (Westrom). Stoner wouldve been with Knights Armament designing the SR25 which is another 308AR/AR10. DPMS/Panther also puts out a GII version of the 308AR/AR10 that is smaller and features receiver geometry more similar to the standard AR15s, but doesnt really share parts with any other “AR10s”. Basically the AR10 situation isnt remotely the same as the AR15 one. With AR15s everyone made their money by adhering to the standard and offering modifications to it, with AR10s everyone made their money by differentiating themselves from the competition and designing semi-unique rifles. The main exception being DPMS half assedly following the SR25 design and becoming the standard most other commercial manufacturers would use to start from.

The original Armalite AR10 design is basically dead, the only company really trying to put out something similar is Brownells Retro line. Everything else is only really an “AR10” in that its a .308 rifle using a stoner style bolt and internal piston

Attached: 730BD4C6-4013-4632-8B86-E3C1E4C69E06.jpg (1280x1004, 375K)

>Can't mount anything by the gas block
at 10 and 2, but that's not necessarily a bad thing

What sort of shooting are you most likely to do with it?

Attached: AR_04-24-2019_B.jpg (1200x800, 859K)

>week 2 of waiting for barrel

Attached: A6DFA30A-A0AB-42A3-B8DA-25E70E105F06.jpg (4032x1243, 1.55M)

Where are you gonna mount it at 1 and 4? No m lok slots

mid range/just in case type shit. might get a scope if i ever get a chance to blast some coyotes and hogs.

Ok. So what is the deal with people immediately saying "you must get an adjustable gas block for that AR-10/LR308." ? For instance there is a guy that posts in /BRG/ that has a 18" Aero upper with the factory gas block and it seems that most of you with a 308 variant have not switched to an aftermarket one either. Is this necessary for a factory assembled upper or is this something that is needed more with DIY builds?

I won't. I like my light at 3 and everything else at 12 save for a handstop or vfg at 6

He has an Aero AR10, just ignore anything he says

OK. Why? Then can you answer any of the previous posts questions you replied to?

Force: coercion or compulsion, especially with the use or threat of violence.
Multiplier: a person or thing that multiplies.
Multiply: increase or cause to increase greatly in number or quantity.
Force multiplier: a person or thing that multiplies coercion or compulsion, especially with the use or threat of violence.

A belt fed weapon or grenade launcher could be considered a force multiplier. Dudes that can go into an area and train indigenous people up to or near Western standards and apply them to whatever ends are needed are force multipliers . An gunship with long loiter time and large armament is a force multiplier. A pair of brass knuckles in a street fight is a force multiplier. Lots of things can be utilized as force multipliers. They're not wrong, your question is p dumb fambino.

Attached: 6erw54g6d5f4g6d8f4g6d8g4.jpg (2374x1088, 990K)

The main reason youd worry about an adjustable gas block is because with “AR10”s the carrier mass and gas port size varies quite a bit and so if youre mix and matching parts theres no way for manufacturers to really prepare for whatever combo you come up with. If you properly research gas port sizes in combination with barrel lengths, see what kind of carriers people are using with them, then you can reasonably come up with a setup using a fixed position gas block. If youre just grabbing shit from everyone who makes something called an “AR10” without any actual research then the adjustable block may save you from some serious overgassing later, especially if you add a high backpressure suppressor.

If you research and properly plan out your rifle or get a factory rifle from a company that isnt excessively overgassing then youre fine without adjustability. If youre too lazy/stupid to do the math then i guess it provides a safety net.

And a lot of people will bitch about a rifle being overgassed when its really just been done slightly so you have increased reliability with a fucked up dirty rifle. That said other rifles are ridiculously overgassed, usually in preparation for poorfag retards who will use the shittiest, cheapest, most underpressured ammo they can then complain the rifle doesnt work

What is a more practical first AR build? 10.5 inch barrel pistol or 16 inch rifle?

What wrong with having an Aero AR 10...? They seem on par with BCM for the most part

Right on, thanks.
My take away from this is Franken-10s would need them more than a factory rifle and that some are over gassed with the thought that the user won't always be using match ammo.

Are you guys talking about me? I post to /brg/ semi-regularly with Chelsea.

Attached: Chelsea_1.jpg (3159x3024, 2.61M)

Everyone will tell you the 16” rifle but theyre wrong. Low recoil and big mag paired with the fact you probably live /innacity/ means take that short barrel.

>I post to /brg/ semi-regularly
Ignored