Handgun General - /hg/ - #286

Checkering edition.

Pastebin:
pastebin.com/gs6mLNik

Guide:
scribd.com/document/382993265/gitgud-1-rev2-1

Attached: C H E C K E D.jpg (2500x1667, 707K)

Other urls found in this thread:

instagram.com/p/BwqD1oTH_kR/
youtube.com/watch?v=mifTnZX5-hc
youtu.be/C3qTVd2hG50
gun.deals/search/apachesolr_search/MRFA915F
us.aimpoint.com/product/aimpoint-acro-adapter-plate-fnx-45-tactical
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

FNS unsafe

instagram.com/p/BwqD1oTH_kR/

What's the closest I can get aesthetically to a stainless Bren Ten in a reasonably available handgun in 2019?

Attached: Bren_Ten_Special_Forces.jpg (800x506, 56K)

Trijicon SRO? More like Trijicon NO, the optic nobody asked for
youtube.com/watch?v=mifTnZX5-hc

Attached: trijicon-sro.jpg (1424x1023, 246K)

S&W 1006 probably

Attached: f2f7d8f2ed43d2c710ead0e1f9042260.jpg (2560x1776, 655K)

Post grips

EAA Witness Elite 10mm. Which is basically exactly the same gun (both being CZ clones in 10mm).

Looks like they're taking a shot at the Deltapoint Pro market segment for competition use. And rightly so, the RMR is absolute trash for competition.

What are you watching tonight /hg/?

Attached: p99.jpg (3456x5184, 1.16M)

Attached: cover2.jpg (1235x695, 472K)

FN is shit. jfc
Sold my pos fnp-45t years ago and bought pic related.

Attached: IMG_0167.jpg (4032x1800, 2.38M)

I can see the green glass in the video, looks like they're doing a shitty job of it.

I guess we'll see. Whichever one is less distorted and less green between that and the Acro is likely what I'll buy for my Q5SF.

That's literally why I bought my first gun.

It's unironically one of my favorite Bond movies even though people shit on it all the time.
Although I still prefer Goldeneye over it.

>acro
JFC burt just buy a damn Deltapoint. Or go full hipster and get a C-More Slideride, the pics of the Q5SF I've seen look like it's already drilled for it.

What holster get for my soon to be S&W 915? I'll want an IWB for every day use and an OWB for range stuff and gear faggotry. Also is it possible to find checkered wood grips for this or should I give up hope before I waste my time looking? I see Hogue has some but when I was skimming I didn't see any checkered, just smooth.

Attached: 1532090465469.jpg (2659x2011, 1.23M)

I want a .38 snub for occasional pocket carry, J-frame or LCR?

youtu.be/C3qTVd2hG50
While I waste time in FFXIV and lurk multiple boards.

But that's not new enough to wow the internet kids

I have a Holosun 508T on order for now

Same, Brosnan was my fav with Dalton second. Fuck Connery
inb4 grampa is mad

Attached: holo.jpg (1400x933, 216K)

So wait...
when you intentionally pull the trigger of the gun...
it goes off?

Attached: I don't give a fuck.gif (180x100, 277K)

J-frame.

This makes my penis become the big penis

What should a used Walther P99 cost

How do you like your smith? Would love one of the “budget” 9mms

Attached: 23A852B7-59A3-4F5A-87BA-0732027B28A0.jpg (3024x2873, 2.15M)

It's not in my possession yet. I'm just shopping for accessories.

I see, where you looking to buy it from?

A friend.

Gross dude you posted the DAO version.

I paid $450 for mine, but the original 9mm Gen 1's have gotten much harder to find as of late and I've seen some fetching over $800.

Czech this out.

Attached: 2019-04-24_20.20.28.jpg (3208x1560, 2.22M)

Attached: 1372847759455.png (327x336, 214K)

$400-500
Or you can get a brand new MR9 for $320 (!!!)

Attached: p99s.jpg (2400x1209, 947K)

Nah fuck that. LGS has a used one for $440 and I might dicker down the price

Post yours then

lol ok

What is /hg/'s honest opinion on the VP9? I already own a m&p9 second generation, and I want to add a second striker-fire 9mm to my collection.

Magnum Research MR9 or SW MP M2.0 for pure HD gun? Also babby's first handgun?

im buying a m2.0 tommorow
also going to be my first handgun

Best aftermarket 1911 mags?

I was just looking at the MR9 cause it's $50 cheaper

I really don’t like how that gun looks

they seem out of stock everywhere online unless you're TEAM BUDS™ member.

Once I see an FNX adapter plate for the acro I'm gonna sell my deltapoint, you should buy it for the bulge glock

Attached: Two handguns.jpg (2390x1536, 1.38M)

Ayy

Attached: received_2279083059085381.jpg (3024x4032, 1.33M)

I found one in stock for $350 free shipping. Is it worth it over the M2.0?

lmao i have absolutely no idea
i want a full sized pistol and that FDE m2.0 is calling my name.

One, how do people find this shit? Two, can someone highlight a scenario where this becomes a safety hazard?

I believe it's HK's worst current-production pistol.

Nighthawk Custom or Wilson 47Ds

I used the Bianchi #100, size 12 for my 915. It fits a lot of my other guns as well.

I remember seeing checkered wood grips for the 915 on ebay but they sold out. I would check there periodically.

>I can see the green glass in the video
I assume the blue tint on the RMR is for increasing visibility of the red dot with reduced power output for battery shenanigans. The green tint is likely more of the same.

But damn that's a super wide field of view for a pistol dot. I assume the S in SRO stands for sport?

I like mine. It doesn't give you a full grip but if that's an issue for you you can buy a +2 grip extension that works on the original smith mags (13+2). 17 round mecgar mags also fit.

Attached: 20190425_094052_HDR.jpg (2560x1440, 1.28M)

desu the 2.0 was my first regular size handgun and I love the thing. No complaints. Like it so much I'm swapping my PPS M2 for a shield 2.0 for shared ergos.

well the other options were pretty much german and swiss shit. sure, i could get a ruger but holy shit are their semis ugly as fuck.

How do you guys carry?
I had been appendix carrying for a while, but I switched to a 3 o'clock carry because it's more comfortable while driving

Pocket carry most days, OWB concealed when wearing coats.

Shield with TLR-6 in a kydex holster at 2-3 o'clock

What's the cheapest handgun/revolver you could buy legally.

A used Ring of Fire gun, or a beat to shit old top-break pocket revolver like an H&A .32.

I have one I paid $36 for. It functions, but has problems. I also relatively recently picked up a Raven .25 I paid $60 for, used but apparently either fired very little or unfired. It also has problems (like all Ring of Fire guns).

Naziboos at GSG are using original designs to make mp40 clones. Considering AWB, isnt just functionally an oversized pistol?

Attached: images (5).jpg (225x225, 4K)

Yes and it's zamak garbage, do not buy

>mp40 clones
No, it has no compatibility with the original. It's some sort of semi auto blowback toy wrapped in an MP-40-like shell.

It's okay. I don't think it does anything better than the M2.0 besides a slightly better trigger break. imo M2.0 does everything else a little better, and does price a lot better. imo I also like the M2.0 trigger better than the VP9 trigger but that's an opinion probably not many people share.

As a Waltherboo and a trigger snob I gotta say that M2.0 son. The sights are a little better, the ergos are a little better, the recoil is a lot better. To me the M2.0 is a much more shootable gun than the P99/MR9, I seem to do a lot better with it. But if you can really you should handle both (or a P99 as an analogue) to see which one is better 4u.

But the MR9 is cheaper, has a better trigger, has adjustable sights and is 88% German Walther

Metalform or Wilson imo

Supposedly Aimpoint is making them for every platform
us.aimpoint.com/product/aimpoint-acro-adapter-plate-fnx-45-tactical
Thanks but no thanks, I found a couple of DPPs for $320 new if that becomes an option, trying not to get a skyscraper optic tho

Sport Reflex Optic?

Pocket carry, chuck it and fuck it bruh.

Attached: another one.jpg (1800x1233, 491K)

I sold my VP9 and went back to my PF940C. Its a nice gun but has no real reason to exist, it's supposed to be a G19 clone but it's the size of a 17 and has noticeably more recoil.

I might consider buying another in .40 S&W, the caliber it was designed for.

why do people put non irons on their guns? whats the point?

wth is a non iron

Optic

Can you tell me what those guns are in OP pic? I love front strap checkering, and I'm a sweaty boi.

I know it’s gonna fit the FNX but the plates don’t seem to be for sale yet
Fine by me since I’m doing another 45 tho
And the DPP isn’t that big burrito. If you wanna buy one I’ll give you a good deal, it really should be matched with the bulge plate. It’s fate

>non kydex holster
Gross.

Attached: 1545677811956.jpg (501x747, 92K)

roughly five o clock IWB unless I'm pocket carrying.

Depends on dress and gun.

Winter or formal with a jacket or coat? Glock 19 or 1911 OWB at 3:00 in a retention holster.

Cool weather, tucked in flannel? Shield, 1911, g19, or CZ p10c IWB at 3:00 with shirt tucked around holster. Some of my thicker flannels can conceal the g19 or p10c tucked, but usually I'll need the Shield or 1911.

Warm weather, untucked shirt means Glock 19, CZ p10c, 1911, or Shield IWB at 3:00 depending on the shirt. Looser shirt means I can hide a thicker gun.

Warm weather, tucked shirt restricts me to the Shield or 1911 IWB at 3:00.

Deep cover, for whatever reason, means the Shield at 4:30 or small of the back.

Athletic wear, I carry the Shield at 3:00 in a belly band.

I always carry a spare mag at 9:00 to 10:00.

Non irons? Like a dot?

Easier to see, faster to align, more stable at distance.

Sure, Walther Q5 Match Steel Frame, Sig P210 Target, Smith & Wesson 4006TSW, Beretta M9A3, Hudson H9, Remington RM380

The block is gone mane all that's left is the bulgeplate because it's too embarrassing to sell.

Attached: 1911 cz p01.jpg (1000x1711, 275K)

>burt sold the glock
Made me legit sad desu
I wish glocks weren’t so shit or I’d make a build with it

>Sure
thanks feller

Why do I love metal framed DA/SA guns so much? I know polymer framed striker fired guns are technically "better" but I can't bring myself to really be that interested in them. I own one for pocket carry but I don't really have much interest in getting another.

You're really surprised fools would find a way to bypass "foolproof" designs?

I'm the same. I own Glocks because they're the safe choice, but I much prefer and am more proficient with 1911s and CZs. I can draw, aim, and fire my 1911 .05 to .1 second faster than my g19 even though I drill with the Glock more because I carry it more.

I don't think I've ever hated a gun before that thing.

I didn't hate my P64, I didn't hate my Remington RP9 or R51, I didn't even hate my nugget or my ultra-unreliable Mini-30. But that fucking block was an affront every time I picked it up. Shitty trigger, shitty accuracy, shitty ergos, shitty reliability until I spent literal hours polishing the slide rails, and the amount of money I paid for that fucking heap... Insulting.

At least it looked neat.

Charm. There's an elegant, engrossing old world mechanical clockwork charm to metal framed hammer fired pistols that's lost in more utilitarian polymer strikers. I feel whimsy and marvel when I handle metal DA/SAs, when I think about the complex mechanical ballet that happens to load, detonate, contain and eject cartridges reliably while staying small, light, ergonomic and accurate.

Not to worry, it just means you're a gentlehuman.

Attached: p7 guts.jpg (2400x1600, 631K)

Burt, what Glock did you have? Glock ergos are subjective and the trigger is subpar, but I've never shot a Glock that wasn't at least combat pistol accurate and reliable as anything.

You won't have any regrets. You plan on getting a WML too?

What do you pocket carry, exactly? Micro .380s or subcompacts like Burt in his fatboy cargo pants?

I had a P80, grit texture, mishmash parts, pic related.

The P80 grip angle and lack of hump is a little more comfotable to me than glocc factory, but somehow they made the P80 grip even blockier and that always bugged me, they front corners of the grip are way too boxy. It actually kind of made me appreciate factory glok a little more. Or hate it less.

So yeah, an 80% hodge-podge frankengun, it's not surprising it wasn't super accurate and needed a lot of fiddling to get working and was expensive. After I built that gun and spent a bunch of time and money to make it suck less I stopped shunning glox and stopped not recommending them because the 80% made me realize that factory gloques are actually okay. They just have extremely meh triggers and super subjective ergonomics.

Attached: Block.jpg (2200x1467, 783K)

My pants aren't *that* big, yours are just small (presumably, if you can't carry a Shield). A holstered Shield 9 is the size of a celly bruh, pic related

Attached: shirodu.jpg (1000x1500, 609K)

>ultra-unreliable Mini-30
I know this hg, but tell me about your Mini 30 because I'm thinking about buying one.

Ah, that'll do it, man. You can say what you will about factory Glock, but they do shoot straight and run and run and run. Of course, so does a P10 or M&P for $200 less.

Pretty sure someone makes wood for em, probably with the SW medallion as well. I had wood grips on my SW 59

I bet Burd will sell you his bulgeplate

Now you knows why I bash gocks so hard

Attached: t a p e.jpg (4032x1673, 3.43M)

Honestly it was mag related, that thing was so god damn finicky, that's the first and only gun I sold for 20 years. It was during the AWB so there were no factory Ruger mags available, so I blamed the gun for what crap like Promag and KKK mags did. Really I'm sure it was fine, but I don't miss it at all.

I kind of want to get a Mini-14 now though, the boomer aesthetic is growing on me.

100%, that's why I shill those 2 so hard but also suggest gloc after people have tried and discounted the competition. It's unfair for newbies to just jump straight to glakk because they think it's good just from word of mouth.

No, the bulge is mine forever, a reminder from the history of dubs and regret.

Attached: bulgeberry.jpg (2000x1333, 497K)

>Promag and KKK mags
Oof yeah that would be problem. Did you have FTE problems with steel case? I've heard that's common problem and the only thing keeping me from getting a boomer blaster.

What's the best 10milimemer handgat that isn't glock? I like the 10mm 1911s but have concerns about them holding up long term to hot 10mm.

S&W 1006

I want to sell my M9a1 compact and trade up for an LTT elite 92 I think. Roast me

Attached: ber92c.jpg (4032x3024, 3.51M)

I don't see the problem

Yeah, I don't think I ever bought more than a box or two of brass case because it was too expensive in CA, it'd have been almost entirely steel case, and the only Ruger mag I had was the factory 5 round flush one. I think I had 2-3 10 round Promags and 1-2 30 round KKKs and they were all turboshit.

According to my records it was the fourth gun I ever bought, so I had no idea what I was doing and I didn't have gun people around me for guidance. I was a babe in the woods back then.

It's an aesthetic downgrade but a huge upgrade in every other respect. Except maybe cost, you're gonna get burned a little bit.

Does LTT actually do custom work on those production Berettas they sell or do they just plonk in their Trigger-Kit-In-A-Bag and add $400 to the price? I mean Wilson I know does extra checkering and puts in some WC steel parts like their mag release, mag guide and safety lever but what does LTT actually do to the guns? Do they slick them up or stone the sear or do any real gunsmithing to them?

Attached: jeez.png (967x256, 36K)

Anything in current production with parts availability?

Sig 220

EAA witness

Sig 220 is gucci but expensive.
How are the EAAs?

Just as Gucci and expensive.

There is a reason glock makes the most popular 10mm by far. It's the cheapest.

Just bought a glock. Do I need to act like a fag now?

I found 10mm EAAs for under $500.

I always forget about the polymer ones. No idea if those are any good the metal ones are more expensive.