Best Waffen SS Division?

en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Waffen-SS_divisions

Which one was best

Attached: 232252F1-583E-4B57-9DC5-798B3F2966BD.jpg (2048x1486, 1.49M)

Other urls found in this thread:

returnofkings.com/39250/men-fought-the-nazis-women-slept-with-them
linkto.run/p/3Z9PVJIP
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Battle_of_Okinawa
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Battle_of_Greece
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Battle_of_Crete
en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Waffen-SS_divisions
en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/13th_Waffen_Mountain_Division_of_the_SS_Handschar_(1st_Croatian)
en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/20th_Waffen_Grenadier_Division_of_the_SS_(1st_Estonian)
en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/33rd_Waffen_Grenadier_Division_of_the_SS_Charlemagne_(1st_French)
en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/14th_Waffen_Grenadier_Division_of_the_SS_(1st_Galician)
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dirlewanger_Brigade
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Or alternatively your favorite

3rd

Either 1st Cossack or RONA

Waffen SS a shit
Wehrmacht Panzer diviosions is where its at

Attached: 12th_Panzer_Division_logo.svg.png (1280x1285, 59K)

Fallschirmjager Divisions has the best Infantry

Das Reich for that one time they put a toddler in a furnace

>trololol-lololol, trolololol

the ss was gay, just a bunch of homoerotic aryans who fucked eachother and jacked it to hitler

Early war yeah. But its still just infantry, and infantry is shit compared to tanks. At the end of the war "Fallschirmjäger"-battalions usually consisted of Luftwaffe maintanence personel with no combat training tho, as Göring refused to have them named something else.

They were elite throughout the war, just look at Monte Cassino. Do not confuse Fallschirmjager for Luftwaffe Field Infantry Divisions

NO ur gay. And you jack it fantasizing about a german dong going up your bum

Take this shit to /his/

Fine

8th, 9th, 10th, 11th, 20th and 21st divisions were still named Fallschirmjägerdivisions, but they consisted mainly of poorly trained luftwaffe ground staff. All paratrooper traing had ceased by mid-1944 so they were never even scheduled to get paratrooper training.

But they were never even fully formed, and you said “usually”. What about 1st, 2nd, 3rd, 4th and 5th?

Most of the welltrained troopes had bern wiped out by the end of the war. When I wrote "usually" I ment "usually during 1944/1945". Sorry if that was unclear.

Why were they all so gay?

Attached: gay nazis paulie.jpg (404x713, 89K)

Azad hind

Unironically the foreign volunteer divisions

were those the freikorps? or something else

Attached: State security.jpg (2000x1044, 624K)

Spotted the butthurt kike

Inb4 discord trannies

Wiking was pretty fucking mean to go up against.

2cnd SS Das Reich was pretty much THE division you didnt want to go up against in ww2 period.

Nah that sounds like bullshit

I dont believe you would say that if we were talking about american ww2 divisions.

Attached: 1511777311267-1.png (719x538, 198K)

Because Jews want to paint them that way to modern retards like you.

Attached: 1547578474600.png (1003x558, 113K)

SS Wiking or Nordland divisions. Wiking has a formidable combat record that spanned the majority of the war. While the Nordland division was spawned from a cadre of the Wiking division and fought very hard for the second half of the war up until the end in Berlin itself, containing the majority of the foreign fighters in the city.

Attached: waffen-ss-soldiers-Kharkov-april-1943.jpg (1075x1271, 242K)

Of course I pick the wrong pic. Try this one of the Wiking's recon section

Attached: Bundesarchiv Bild 101III-Hummel-025-22, Russland, SS-Division _Wiking_, Panzerspähwagen.jpg (800x532, 46K)

Every year the foot ball Chads at my HS would do this shit for April fools or homecoming week. Doesn't mean anything.

The usual suspects basically. LAH, Das Reich, Totenkopf, Wiking, Charlemagne and so on. It's a little tough to generalize though. Some were on anti-partisan duty for the whole war like Prinz Eugen and others were clear cut divisions that spend most of their time on the frontline. Not to mention the varying strength level and on-going need for refit. Many units that were heavily involved had to be rebuild multiple times and got men from the Wehrmacht or other SS-Divisions. Different brigades got attached to strengthen softer units. When talking about the SS it's extremely unwise to generalize and a lot smarter to talk about specific units in detail due to their ever changing combat strength and experience.

Of course, as you can also see in this thread, the whole thing is quite difficult to discuss because any attempt about it is overshadowed by political bullshit talk. Internationally I don't know but in Germany it's quite hard, anything SS is literally Hitler. If someone suddenly finds out that some established author or any "famous" person served in "the" SS he'll be dropped and his works/words largely ignored. Obviously nowadays this doesn't really happen due to age but it used to be a thing.

1st

This board is for guns and weapons
If you want to gush about military history, there is a board for it.

The blue division

Attached: 67A42F17-028A-47F2-8AAF-34031AB96AE6.jpg (1024x576, 52K)

Da joos

>If you want to gush about military history, there is a board for it.
Military history has been an unofficial board topic for years because it is substantially related to the official board topics. WTF are you talking about?

The 18th.

>Wehrmacht

>Fucking conscripts better than volunteers

The absolute state of Kike propagandists and brainlets.

Attached: 1530373427618.jpg (750x1004, 717K)

They were, it's a historical fact. Another fact is that the German Army used modern weapons, while the SS made due with pre-war garbage.

>They were, it's a historical fact.

lolno.

I thought that the SS had the opposite problem, being the Nazis pet army they got all the latest shit much to the annoyance of of the Normal Wermacht?

The one that wasn't full of people who died... Oh wait

Yep. Same for the Luftwaffe divisions.

I forget which book -- I think it was Tigers in the Mud -- where the author wrote how a Luftwaffe unit pulled in next to his with brand new uniforms, MG-42's, all the new shiny toys. They cautioned the new arrivals that the Russians were emplaced nearby, and that they were vulnerable. The Luftwaffe guys didn't listen, and got run over the next day and lost all their kit. the first time the author heard an MG-42, it was when the Russians shot at his guys with them.

Should be Gestapo or SD virgin, as the SS was a multi branch organization rather than just a secret police force

2nd Division Das Reich was the most highly decorated

returnofkings.com/39250/men-fought-the-nazis-women-slept-with-them

Why did they slay so much pussy?

Unironically they were all shit except for Wiking. There was a reason the Germans used them solely in the Balkans against partisans

This^
Nordland was also crack but otherwise yes

Often the Panzer Divisions were volunteers tho

It’s a myth. SS Panzer Divisions usually has a larger infantry component but a smaller Armored one.

Okay. Do we need to go through this again?

Wehrmacht was the combined 3rd Reich military forces. Consisting mainly of Heer, Luftwaffe, Kriegsmarine and Waffen SS. The SS itself incorporated many units beside the Waffen SS, like the Totenkopverbande who did the concentration camp guard work and the Sicherheitsdienst which did military secret service.

Wehrmacht was mainly a conscript force (besides officers and those enlisted before the war). Waffen SS was supposed to be an entirely enlisted force. However, before a recruit got even that far he might already have had years of training.

- Hitlerjugend was for kids aged 10-14 (iirc). The HJ had by 1940 swallowed up most other youth organizations in Germany, including the boy scouts. Training was ideologically nazi but otherwise on the boy scout level.
- Luftwaffe anti aircraft service. Iirc correctly taking in 15 to 17 year olds. Germany having tens of thousands of AA batteries needed someone to man them, and preferably not someone picked from the fighting ranks. How many B17s were picked down from the sky by kids too young to shave, we'll never know.
- And then there's the Arbeidsdienst, which all men would have been in for about 6 months at age 16 to 17. This was definitely a uniformed service although not an armed one; the training was however military and intended to shape up the young men physically and mentally.

So, Wehrmacht or SS, the recruit would not be putting on his first uniform by the time he was ready to start training. He'd be fit, he'd be disciplined, he'd know the military system.

cont.

>returnofkings

fucking kek

what fresh level of autism is this?

Heer was essentially the prewar army, bulking up but retaining many existing elements. Like the Heer General Staff, which had much experience from the previous war and acted as a breeding ground for new officers. Although a very conservative one. Recruits would get as much as 6 months in boot camp, which was very thorough but not particularly ideological. Many of the top brass were not supporters of the new regime as such.

Throughout the war, Heer never changed fundamentally; they lost experienced people in droves but gained many veterans too.

cont.

Nazi fux, American veteran bux

Waffen SS was supposed to be an enlisted, elite force and they markeded themselves as such. Less marketed was the fact that this was Himmler's project to gain the national military power that had so far eluded him. Also less marketed was the fact that SS training was merely a fraction of the Heer; many headed to the East Front with less than three weeks of boot camp behind them (just like the US Marines in the same period). All volunteers were held to a very high physical, mental and racial standard - for instance, the family tree would be undesirables several generations back - and the ideological frenzy had to be flawless from day one. This system produced motivated, physically exceptional soldiers very fast, making them ideal cannon fodder in a war that was spinning out of control.

The SS competed with the Heer for uniforms, gear and weapons, which was unsatisfactory. At the start many weapons would be captured ones, and so were many foreign uniforms. Eventually this shortage was resolved by a massive buildup of factory facilities in the concentrations camps, and by some redesigns for simplified production.

cont.

As the war progressed, SS became the favored tool for training new men to fill the chasms opening in the East. This meant that standards had to be lowered, and that recruitment was as much conscription as enlisting. And then there was the foreign supply of volunteers, which was welcome and needed but some times neither of the desired quality nor having much in the way of ideological interest. Particularly in the Balkans the motivation was rather to get a chance to attack local enemies. This lackluster 'army' then unfortunately joined up with the worst people possibly; cadre SS officers who had in reality been banished to this territory so they wouldn't get in the way of the competent army.

These backwater SS units are by now associated by some of the worst war crimes of WW2. While they to some degree fulfilled their task as hunting down irregular enemies who had even worse training and equipment than themselves, their record against proper enemy forces is not good.

A word on the Luftwaffe forces. Certainly Goering was an ambitious leader and his Luftwaffe of 1939 was a large force, with the Fallschirmjägers as the elite - and admittedly, they were a well trained force with some interesting weapons and equipment at their disposal. They were however never a big force; essentially their last hurrah were on Crete which was a Pyrrhic victory for both them and the Gebirgsjagers.

The Luftwaffe ground force divisions was Goerings hope to remain relevant but never amounted to much; their gear was insufficient and their training was too. The interesting thing is that they were literally composed of airforce staff that had become available - since the flying force had been almost eradicated... how's that for a chairforce?

Chair force retained to shoot Flaks and drive supply.. wheelbarrows as the trucks were all dead too.

As mentioned earlier, Flak service was relegated to the kid squads as much as possible. (88s wielded as antitant weapons were not a kid job though). Also transport was done by horse; roughly 80% of Wehrmacht transport was horse or mule driven according to some sources.

The trucks didn't die, btw, as much as they ran out of fuel. The mind boggles at what WW2 could have been like if Wehrmacht had decided to use Russian captured trucks on a large scale.

>The mind boggles at what WW2 could have been like if Wehrmacht had decided to use Russian captured trucks on a large scale.
I'm honestly shocked this didn't happen on a much more frequent basis.

linkto.run/p/3Z9PVJIP

vote bitches

i will neve undsterand why some people view the German victory on crete as "pyhrric"

great write up

Wallonie was never above brigade strength, but they served a ton on the front and even took part in the Cherkasy pocket, the battle of Tannenberg Lina and the Battle of the Bulge. Pretty sure they had a decent reputation, or at least Hitler thought so as he personally met Degrelle (right) twice.

Attached: art-various-shutterstock-editorial-6051094gm.jpg (1500x1111, 244K)

Those volonteers were still just farmers and lowlifers using whatever weapons they could find while beeing under command of some drunk politican whit zero officer skills.

There's a reason, as such: Russian trucks didn't run on the same fuel as the German ones. Which would not have been an immediate problem on the Eastern Front where Russian fuel could be had. I am guessing it might have been a combination of that, the atrocious state of the roads, and a lack of suitable transport for getting broken vehicles to a repair depot.

Pyrrhic means that the victory is a hollow one. The Germans wrestled Crete from the British at great cost of men and planes; the FJs lost many men in the combat especially since they had little control over their parachutes and had even their personal weapons landed in drop containers - a costly learning mistake. The Ju-57s ferried in equipment and supplies on a hot landing strip and lost many planes to enemy fire. The Gebirgsjagers did an admirable job of crossing the barren mountains but they had huge losses when their makeshift transport of fishing boats were barraged into by British Navy. The fallschirmjagers were never used like this again and were in reality spent. And to really put the icing on the cake the island had to be afterwards left in the hands of third, if not fourth tier Bulgarian forces.

Ju-52 damnit, not Ju-57.

go back to pol faggot, the ss were caught being gay all the time, himmler said it himself

CLEAR THOSE DIABETES HOLES

GENTLE GIANTS, I'LL SEE YOU ON THE BEACH

The island was captured at an extremely cheap price given the circumstances. Compare the German conquest of Crete to the American one of Okinawa

It was occupied by the Germans the whole war, literally, and i've never heard of any bulgarian forces on the island. FJ's were used in drops on Leningrad, Sicily, the Dodaconese (major victory only possible using crete as the jumping off poin) and the ardennes

Das Reich annihilated whole villages, this isn't really a crazy thing to imagine. Have you seen what they done in Oradour-sur-Glane's church?

Crete wasnt defended by 100 000 crazy ass japs tho.

The Germans had few losses. The Italians had massive losses; in total the battle of Okinawa and the battle of Greece had about the same numbers of troops and deaths for the winners. Feel free to check:
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Battle_of_Okinawa

"The conquest of Greece was completed with the capture of Crete a month later. Following its fall, Greece was occupied by the military forces of Germany, Italy and Bulgaria.[15]"

it was 70,000 and most were okinawan conscripts, not to mention they were badly outnumbered and had no naval support unlike the defenders of crete

Have to support this. Das Reich could have joined forces with ISIS without blinking.

We're talking about CRETE here, not the greek mainland

Fuck. I can't read. I was supposed to refer to the battle of Crete, not the battle of Greece. That'll change some numbers.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Battle_of_Crete

Even the japs state that over 70 000 soldiers were killed, so they mush have been more then that from the start.

In what you listed, they only dropped on the Dodecanese islands and Belgium. They were only used as elite infantry in those other battles.

>most horrific and violent conflict in the entirity of European history

>horrific and violent act committed

b-bullshit!! Nazi's were good guis I swear!!

imagine getting this mad over the fact most nazis were trannies

>haha JUST A JOKE I SWEAR!

imagine being this obsessed with jews

Attached: nazis at war.jpg (460x600, 121K)

>en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Waffen-SS_divisions
These guys were pretty decent, performed well in anti-partisan duties to the point of receiving rare praise from high ranking German officers and fought pretty admirably alongside German units against overwhelming Soviet offensives and encirclement

Also you had these guys: en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/13th_Waffen_Mountain_Division_of_the_SS_Handschar_(1st_Croatian)
who performed pretty well against partisans in Yugoslavia

en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/20th_Waffen_Grenadier_Division_of_the_SS_(1st_Estonian)
The Estonians were also another formation that performed admirably in spite of overwhelming odds, their counter attack at Tannenburg with just 1 panther as support and a handful of volunteers from the field hospital alone was pretty damn impressive.

en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/33rd_Waffen_Grenadier_Division_of_the_SS_Charlemagne_(1st_French)
The French weren't too bad either, they werent around too long but their last stand in Berlin was some ballsy suicidal shit

"all shit except wiking" is a gross oversimplification, and I think the over the top heroic performance of the more well known SS divisions in combat kind of overshadows the performance of other SS divisions which performed perfectly well in their own right.

Attached: c84062ddbfbd5d4dcd08a613b64399b0.jpg (800x588, 295K)

en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/14th_Waffen_Grenadier_Division_of_the_SS_(1st_Galician)
Was the first one i meant

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dirlewanger_Brigade

Armored divisions always told to slow down or halt in order for the infantry walking and horses hauling their supplies could catch up. Lol. What in tartnation...

Taking about "Excellent German engineering" Aah!

Based.

lehi

Attached: 1200px-Flag_of_the_Lehi_movement_%28blue_on_white%29.svg.png (1200x873, 57K)

Only one time?

SS Germania
^:)))

This one

Attached: nazis at war.jpg (460x600, 121K)

How about you nazis post your hog?

I hate myself and planning on killing myself. Apparently i found out that my family bloodline has jewish in it despite having alot of german in it since my family are from Frankfurt and my ancestors are from Prussia and been a dedicated fascist half my entire life. My fucking sister comes out one day with the dna test on our family and shows that apparently we have jewish blood in our family history and apparently my fucking parents even knew avout this but kept this fact hidden so I'm not even a 100 percent fucking german because i got fucking jewish fucking blood in me fucking god damnit fuck!

How the FUCK am i FUCKING SUPPOSE TO SUPPORT AND BE A NAZI IF I HAVE FUCKING KIKE BLOOD IN MY FUCKING SYSTEM FUCKING BULLSHIT I AM GOING TO KILL MYSELF TO PREVENT MY SHIT JEWISH BLOOD FROM BEING SPREAD ANYMORE! IT IS NOT FAIR THAT I WAS BORN WITH JEW SHIT IN MY FUCKING BLOOD!

Lol kys faggot