Trijicon SRO

Trijicon revealed their new pistol mounted optic
>top loading battery so no more having to take off the optic to change batteries and rezero
>fuckhueg reticle
>same footprint as their RMR

youtu.be/4qY0fBN_Heo

Attached: 197B5692-146C-4FD3-BE82-0CCE0011EA57.jpg (1125x1106, 181K)

Attached: 7BEC8D14-EF25-47BA-BA01-6A207AA6F364.jpg (1125x1103, 368K)

MRO v2

So it's a holosun with better battery life? Pass, that ain't worth several hundred extra to me

This vs deltapoint pro?

Is this supposed to compete with the Aimpoint Acro P-1?

Attached: Big Think.jpg (1000x904, 119K)

Attached: D909669B-823F-4C05-AB40-20A8D6A64624.jpg (500x375, 62K)

Probably supposed to compete against the Deltapoint Pro and C-More STS2 for competition use.

Nah think of this like the logical antithesis to the acro

Acro is enclosed, sealed up and square to be as difficult to break or fuck up as possible, with crystal clear glass for perfect sight picture. This is marketed for tactical/might have to kill people usage.

SRO is wide open with a bigass round lens and a large reticle, and mild green tint for maximum dot contrast so you can shoot fast in competition.

Both happen to be kind of fuckhueg for pistol optics, but they're really after opposite markets.

>This vs deltapoint pro?

Delta Points suffer from lesser battery life and durability but apparently they’re getting fixed.
The whole sealed emitter thing isn’t as important for concealed carry compared to a gun riding in a duty rig imho. As someone who cc’s, I’m happy with my Trijicon RMR’s and will get an SRO when they start shipping. My cover garments protects the emitter from the elements and even then, routinely treating the lens with anti fog and rain x works well and you can shoot using an occluded eye technique if have practiced enough.

If you’re innawoods or law enforcement, the ACRO is a no-brainer.

>The whole sealed emitter thing isn’t as important for concealed carry compared to a gun riding in a duty rig imho

I agree, but it's a known issue for guys who use RMRs in shitty environments, heavy rain or snow and aren't concealing their weapons. That's really specifically what Aimpoint is going for I feel like and it's consistent with the merits of their other products. RMR is probably almost perfect for ccw but suboptimal compard to a sealed system. I'm personally glad both are coming out and I'm glad Aimpoint and Trijicon are producing them. Not sure I'll actually buy either, but this is a market I'd love to see grow and diversify further- up until now it was mostly RMR-style optics with gimmicks like a solar panel or weird reticle etc.

What sort of pleb just waves off greatly increased battery life for a fucking optic? Battery life is like half of what should be taken into account.

>holosun owners
>foresight

Agreed, I’m actually glad that the Trijicon SRO wasn’t a “me-too” enclosed emitter optic. It will potentially satisfy gamers who shoot USPSA that have used Delta Points who literally have backups of the same gun in the likely event that one of their optics goes down mid match. Trijicons generally did not have this problem which is why defensive shooters love it but it was never used widely by competitors because of the small optic window compared to the Delta Point.

As someone who carries a Trijicon and is getting started in carry optics in USPSA, definately picking this up asap.

Attached: 27784F16-5DD3-47DC-8AEA-4A5991F0532F.jpg (573x382, 20K)

>because of the small optic window
And the "50 year old glass bottle" green tint. And having to remove and re-zero the optic to change the battery in the dual-illum. And the bad dot sizes for competition. And the dot flicker.

I shoot a 1st gen RMR 3.5moa on a fucking .45 in USPSA and you're a bitch.

Really they were just chasing that sweet gubmint contract money
Army selected Deltapoint Pro for their M17 and have the slides configured for them, while the Navy is going for RMR on theirs, so Trijicon go make an RMR with the advantages of the Deltapoint and probably try to push all services to see the benefit of a single optic and supplier as MHS continues to roll out

Because lasting 3 solid days is already about a thousand times better than I need, nigger. I'm not getting jewed out of ammo money when I can just buy more batteries. My life will literally never depend so greatly on a pistol optic that I need something with a 10 year shelf life

Curious, do you ever see bullets midflight when you’re shooting? I sorta want a dot on a .45 like an HK45 just to shoot at white targets and see that thicc .45 midair

Lol, no.
But I've seen other shooters rounds before. If you're off at like a 30° angle behind them you can sometimes catch a glimpse and it's the coolest shit ever.

Turning on your optic and knowing it's just set and forget for two years is a really good thing, especially with a carry gun. Three days is bullshit bad battery life.

>literally just turn it on and leave it on forever
I-is that what you retards do to justify an additional 400 dollars?

you can see slower moving bullets, i first noticed this as a kid shooting slow 22lr. 45acp is pretty easy to catch a glimpse of also

idk about holosuns other optics but i have their elite hs510c and with the titanium hood, i like it more than the eocuck ps2 i had like 5 years ago. seems extremely durable. Id trust their pistol optics honestly because if you're bashing an optic hard enough to break it its going to fucking break if its trijicon, aimpoint, holosun, eocuck ect.

I can see the projectiles on video when I shoot my USP45. Fucking cool as shit.

For people ITT who carry with optics, it’s smart to replace the batteries on your birthday every year. Also duracells are the best batteries for CR2032’s

I appreciate that there's a market for a pistol optic that you can huck off a roof that will hold zero for a month without changing the battery, but I'm not part of it

carrying with an optic sounds dumb as fuck, if I draw I'm going to be point shooting anyways

like I said, if you're fucking bashing an optic that hard its going to get fucked no matter the brand......

Say that to my trijicon not online motherfucker see what happens, 1v1 me in rust faggit

> if I draw I'm going to be point shooting anyways
God bless you people that can't shoot for shit and find ways to justify it

I paid $350 for my RMR what the fuck are you smoking?

>Always on optic
>Fuck battery life

Attached: 1523920086835.jpg (792x467, 55K)

>not being proficient at point shooting

>Point shooting — also known as target-[1] or threat-focused shooting,[2] instinctive aiming, instinctive firing, and instinctive shooting — is a method of shooting a firearm quickly and accurately that does not rely on the use of the sights in close quarters, life-threatening situations where there is the greatest chance of being killed.[1] Close-quarters fighting makes it difficult to apply proper marksmanship techniques,[3] which is why point shooting advocates a less sighting-based style of shooting.

Yeah you're a dumb nigger and probably shoot like shit even with an rmr.

You need to be able to do both, you dumb nigger. You can dump the first few rounds, but if you disengage/the threat goes "oh shit there's bullets and pulls back, those point shooting skills now need to transition to aimed fire, and fast. With an always on red dot, it does both. Immediately. No thinking. No transition. It's there.

I literally punch A-zones while running by targets, but anyone that insists they won't use their sights is a garbage shooter.

>This is the guy missing the targets on a Smoke and Hope stage is steel challenge because he bought the point shooting meme.

Learn. To. Shoot.

>he can't nail targets from the hip at 20 meters

>needing sights

Bob Munden thinks you're all a bunch of little faggots

No but apparently everyone on Jow Forums can, and none of them ever have proof or participate in shooting events

Point shooting isn't useful beyond 15 feet and you're responsible for every bullet that exits the barrel of your handgun. You need to be aiming unless you're arms length from danger.

I prefer irons on a carry gun, I can quickly throw the gun on target and fudge the sight picture and guestimate where the rounds will hit, with a dot you have to actually get the sight picture right on draw or you have 0 sights.

Not that I'm a retard and can't get a consistent sight picture, just that I'm pretty well versed with my firearms and can get good hits quickly even without perfect sight alignment

>carrying with an optic sounds dumb as fuck

Really glad that you looked into optics for defense with a clear and open mind. Aiming is for idiots after all, right?

its the 'accessories are for cod kiddies' crowd.

>Bob Munden thinks you're all a bunch of little faggots

Are you Bob Munden?

Yes im his reincarnate

I love optics its just easy (you)s kek

Six hundred fucking dollars for an electronic peepsight?

Attached: what the fuck.jpg (560x412, 60K)

Flash sight picture =/= sightless point shooting though.

Besides, "real" point shooting is utilizing the muscle memory built up by yeats of shooting with a good sight picture to 'feel' the alignment. Usually used with a hard threat focus at speeds that make a good sight picture hard to acquire.

What these guys are probably referring to is shooting from a retention position, which is less point shooting and more "you're almost touching him, just start putting rounds SOMEWHERE on his body"

If you need more than pic related to hit 5" bulls at 25y, you're using tech as a crutch.

Attached: all-you-really-need.jpg (880x660, 52K)

I shoot dandelion stems without irons for practice

I was originally refering too muscle memory so you know where you need to be for the sights to be aligned but not actually taking the time to eye them for alignment, obviously if the threat is further away you are going to be sighting it. Just funny farming easy you's from the buttmad rmr fags.

>you're using tech as a crutch.

is that even a bad thing if its a self defense gun?

This

This is the same damn reason 2nd and 3rd generation Marines smother their dads and grandads in VA hospitals all over the country. It's the irons vs t1 debacle all over again.

Fuck. Fair point.

optics on a rifle are fantastic, a true 1-6x or 1-8x scope is even better. Just seems really unnecessary on a carry piece but if it helps someone by all means they should use it.

In a practical sense, anything that helps innocent old ladies put holes in bad guys is a step forward in firearms technology. With that being said, you are objectively a worse marksman if you need it. There's no shame in that, but pretending that an optic does something magic for your ability to shoot well is a stretch

When I'm shooting at 50 to 100yds I reach for the RMR but it slows me down at anything under 15

>you are objectively a worse marksman if you need it

>Selecting an aiming method that is smaller, translucent, and allows greater target awareness somehow means you're a worse shot

I like to practice shooting in close distanced with my sirt, great training tool.
>muscle memory

It’s cool that you don’t know shit, you don’t have to pretend that you’re trolling. We’ve all been there, not knowing anything but anonymity lets you get away with being a retard.
What’s funny is how people think red dots are crutches when they’re actually unforgiving to people who cannot shoot.
>haven’t developed proprioceptive index on the draw?
>not going to find your dot and waste time looking for it
>you’ve shot for years and all with irons?
>there will be a learning curve depending on how you approach the red dot

There’s tons of things you need to do like dryfire in order to reap the benefits of a red dot. If you suck dick at shooting and buy a red dot you will suck dick at shooting but now you have a red dot.

If you really want to start shittalking people who use “crutches”, throw away your modern iron sights and use something like those little nubs they used to put on guns like GI 1911’s, Tokarevs and Makarovs. Fiber optics and Trijicon HD’s are for people who can’t use old school iron sights, right?
Red dots allow for single focal plane shooting. Threat focus has the benefit of being able to process information more efficiently and effectively on a threat. The gun is historically the only weapon man has used that requires focusing on a fixed object rather than the threat itself which is counter intuitive. If you cannot see the benefit of focusing on the threat and having a wide field of vision when aiming a pistol rather than staring at a bright orange front sight, I can’t help you.

Attached: 4D24382A-F25A-485F-8072-AA0BF2EA6B2D.jpg (1125x1397, 503K)

> Collimated lasers are the same as a 19th century peep sight
For real, man?

>sirt
I really need to get something like this, I'm currently doing all my dry fire with a 12lb DA trigger.

Oh, and I mentioned muscle memory like the other guy, so I feel I should clarify. I'm using it as a colloquial term for that learned body positioning that feels 'right' and familiar when your eye is behind the sights and your grip is consistent with your usual shooting. I know it's technically an incorrect term but it works.

I still think this is 50/50 guys who can't and don't shoot, and a guy that thinks 2yd retention shooting is point shooting.

Attached: E39D24C4-0A22-4020-8B50-14018604CA23.jpg (640x776, 131K)

>>muscle memory
I agree with everything you've just typed, but someone explain to me why this is the new BURN THE HERETIC phrase? Is it because you demand that people say "nueral pathways" or what? People know what you mean when you say muscle memory", even if it's not technically accurate.

It's been a trigger phrase for a while, usually by people arguing about safeties on guns.

WHEN WILL SOMEONE MAKE A PRISM PISTOL OPTIC?
FUCK THESE ASTIGMATISM EYES OF MINE!

is that slide bite on the thumb? lmao

>I really need to get something like this, I'm currently doing all my dry fire with a 12lb DA trigger.

If you’re doing this already, I think a SIRT is unneccesary. What gun are you using? I don’t use my SIRT for anything but close distance shooting and for demonstrating stuff for novice shooters. Ideally I would love to put a dot on my 226 and be able to dryfire with a dot and double action.

As you know, muscle memory isn’t a correct term but for this context, proprioception and proprioceptive indexing is more appropriate. Scott Jedlinski who teaches red dot shooting uses this a lot and it makes sense given how he explains things.
Don’t get me wrong. I know it’s not a correct phrase but there are dozens of times where people say this around me both on the internet and irl that I don’t even bother correcting. The cool guy thing to do now is to make fun of people who say slow is smooth, smooth is fast :^)

>people arguing about safeties on guns
Wait, why do people have problems with safeties now?

They think requires a conscious action to disengage and you can forget to do it.

I guess those people can go tell every 0311 and 11b they've been clearing rooms the wrong way for the last few decades.

Attached: pew-pew.jpg (1138x640, 112K)

Yeah they just go on about handguns somehow being different because "reasons"

I saw one guy argue that because you can't always get your key in the door lock first try in the dark you can't expect to always hit the safety.

If the keyhole sat directly under my thumb at all times you bet your ass I'd hit it first time every time.

Yeah, people are retarded, it happens.

This is who you're arguing with though, so...

Attached: 1548530607277.webm (888x500, 1.26M)

> That video
It hurts to watch so much because I still remember when I didn't understand why my shoulders had to be in front of my hips.

Every now and again I have to remind myself that if Jow Forums held a national 2gun match I'd be in the top 5 overall, but it's not because I'm particularly good.

>another non sealed pistol optic
Oh boy...

We tried for six months to hold a Jow Forums drill of the month event where we had a standardized drill and easy to print/buy targets. We had to stop due to lack of participation because "shoot ten shots in ten seconds at ten yards at a 6" target" was out of almost everyone's skill level.

>needing it
Nobody needs a better sight. If it's a better solution to aiming then what's the problem with using them? Better sights create better results. The user is incredible important, but you're acting as if any increase in shooter performance from gun upgrades means that the shooter is garbage, which is a retarded stance to take.

Also, using the ability to shoot a 5in ring at 25y as your metric for what constitutes good self-defense shooting capability is retarded.

>lasting 3 solid days is already about a thousand times better than I need,
Holy shit this is fucking pathetic, the absolute lengths poorfags will go to save a bit of money

>less durable
>still haven't fixed exposed emitter
Come on Trijicon. What the fuck.

>bigger FOV
>neat aesthetics
>better glass
>1MOA option
Good things.

Can't wait for Aaron Cowan to drop test these.

Attached: DSC03679.jpg (2996x2046, 2.6M)

mother of god.

I weep for the future.

Attached: shoot_your_eye_out.png (600x350, 91K)

>optic window size
>red dot
>relevant
Fucking hell the amount of casual mode in this thread.

I shot two magazines of six rounds each at three 12" targets at 15 yards in 5.95 at a class.
That's fucking pathetic.

>1MOA option
Missed that.

> Good thing
Shit man, that's going to be hard to pick up unless you're indexing game is on point. Not to mention it's probably going to jitter pretty bad on a pistol. Do you do a lot of bullseye shooting or what?

I was doing this I just didn't participate in the threads.

somehow zoomers actually think shooting with one eye closed despite having a 1x optic with infinite eye relief is reasonable...the other user is right, the shooting future of this board is grimdark

>5in ring at 25y
Not him, but what's the diameter of a solid CNS or aorta hit? 3" at most? Being able to keep a 5" spread under a timer at 25y probably lends itself well to that closer in.

i dont understand

Price?

It's relevant on a handgun because it lets you track the dot more easily through recoil - bigger window, more room for dot to track up through recoil without leaving the window.

They mean that if you shoot both eyes open, since the optic doesn't have an eyebox, the casing around the viewport doesn't take up much of your FOV at all.

>casing around the viewport doesn't take up much of your FOV at all.
like when the cartridge case is ejected?

You fucker! We were starving for participation.

Wait, so you were shooting at 15 yards, let's say accounting for reload and coming up from a low ready, at a 0.30 split before accounting for target transitions? And that's assuming some pretty good manipulation on the 1st shot and reload.
That's above average dude, I wouldn't consider that a metric to measure Jow Forums with. My 7yd bill drill splits are usually 0.22 to 0.25 and I'm better than most of the casual shooters in drills.

I think he means the aluminum window housing.

on sale now for 495, MSRP seems to be 580.

ok i think i understand, they are saying shooting with one eye on a red dot for pistols is stupid. because all you have to do with just put the dot on target and fire

This was too hard. I want you to process that, this was so out of reach of most of Jow Forums that we had to stop making threads.

>Now, credit where it is due, we had a few people participating, and they're fucking awesome for it, even the couple of dudes that participated but couldn't pass, they actually put in the effort which ranks them heads above the keyboard snipers that talk shit and wouldn't even try

Attached: 1531794090845.png (800x800, 166K)

Thats because most of Jow Forums doesnt even own guns, or want to do anything other than take pictures of safe queens.

>We tried for six months to hold a Jow Forums drill of the month event where we had a standardized drill and easy to print/buy targets. We had to stop due to lack of participation because "shoot ten shots in ten seconds at ten yards at a 6" target" was out of almost everyone's skill level.

Not a surprise for a board that has a culture of actively shunning training classes, dryfire, shot timers, reading about shooting techniques or using any targets other than household appliances.
Jow Forums would rather discuss the nuances of whether or not an HK VP9 has less recoil than a Glock 17 or why the M9 is gay because double action is too hard instead of learning how to properly grip a pistol to begin with. I’m not one to judge people on how well they shoot but it’s downright sad to see so many self proclaimed shooting/gun enthusiasts who aren’t excited to learn new shit. I’ve spent thousands of dollars on plenty of classes and I’m happier that I spend the money on them instead of something like a new gun I don’t need.

Not being able to do that is actually fucking sad, considering there are other variations of that drill “The test” that are much harder. Faggots need to log off Jow Forums, take a decent pistol class taught by a reputable instructor, get a bunch of ammo, a decent holster, shot timer and a Steve Anderson dryfire book and go to work. You won’t learn shit on Jow Forums.

Attached: 1F221C39-32DD-44CD-8049-EC2BE1E97468.jpg (1125x796, 248K)

interesting use for your leftover nicotine patches

One guy flat out said he gets more personal gratification taking aesthetic pictures of his guns than shooting them.
Points for honesty I guess.

Oh, this was the "Month 1" drill we tried starting with. We tried multiple times over about a two year period, never got enough participation.

Attached: 1490563607524.jpg (1200x1650, 335K)

Uh no, it doesn't have a solar panel or auto-on or auto-off and the battery life is half of a Holosun 507